PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte vs. Atlanta

Shade
10-28-2004, 06:33 PM
It's starting to look like the Bobcats may have company in the race for worst record in the NBA this year. I'm actually surprised Charlotte went 3-5 in the preseason.

Be careful what you wish for, Al. :laugh:

Arcadian
10-28-2004, 06:42 PM
To be fair it is obvious that the Hawks are designed to tank this year. I doubt half of that roster will be back next year.

Kegboy
10-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey, I've been saying that Atlanta was gonna be the worst team in the league since they went with Kenny and Tony Delk as their only PGs.

That said, Chicago looked b, a, d, BAD last night. I'd have to think they're in the running, as well.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

ChicagoJ
10-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I've got a hard time believing any team can be worse than the Bulls right now. Everything they seem to be doing is not working. I get the impression from the local papers that 24 wins would be small miracle.

Although arkman and BillS probably get the same vibe about thier local team. ... and don't we have somebody on here from North Carolina, too?

skyfire
10-28-2004, 11:28 PM
I downloaded and watched Bulls v Celtics pre-season match and saw the bulls beating up on the Celtics starters with mostly rookies on the floor. I think once again they've got alot of young players who will be inconsistant. But Nocioni and Deng both showed a whole lot in that game. Ben Gordon really stunk it up in that game aswell.

I dont know if they were the normal game commentators for the Bulls but they were the most nonchalant pair of announcers i've ever heard. Maybe their already resigned to the fact that the baby bulls are going to suck again.

Unclebuck
10-29-2004, 09:33 AM
You guys are putting too much stock into pre-season games.

The Bobcats will be the worst team this season by at least 5 games. .

Burt_Reincarnated
10-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Atlanta will be better than you guys are saying. At least better than last year.
As far as Charlotte... It will be nice seeing Primoz on the all star team while Pollard is starting at center for us.

Hicks
10-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Primoz on the all-star team? :lmao:

Burt_Reincarnated
10-29-2004, 10:08 AM
They said the same thing about Brad Miller too!

No it is a longshot... but centers on bad teams have made it before. like zilgaskus on cleveland a few years ago. It COULD happen! especially if Primoz puts up 18/8 nightly.

Natston
10-29-2004, 10:31 AM
if Primoz puts up 18/8 nightly.

When he puts up 18 and 8 in one game (not including the preseason), I might consider on whether or not I should even care about him being an all-star or not... ;)

Hicks
10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Shaq and Ben Wallace will be two all-star centers. That leaves maybe room for one more. Is Primoz really next in line?

DisplacedKnick
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Atlanta has as many rooks getting PT as the Bobcats with Smith and Childress playing big minutes.

Still think Charlotte will suck more - just no offensive options. Of course Atlanta doesn't have any past Al and Walker.

Gyron
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
I live in charlotte. No one is excited about the bobcats. No one!

I will say they are advertising the hell out of them, and it may get some people to the first few games, but I think it will drop off after they start losing.

Pretty much everyone in town, on the radio and sports stations have written them off for their first year. And probably rightfully so as most first year teams do suck.