PDA

View Full Version : Another Pacer injury tonight - AJ

BostonConnection
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Just heard Mark and Slick discuss it on the web broadcast of the Griz game, broke a bone in his hand....:(

Anthem
10-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Just amazing. I don't remember a preseason like this.

On the good side, that gives Freddy a good chance to make a dent in the backup PG rotation.

ChicagoJ
10-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Last season, everything went really well until the ECFs. Looks like this season is going to be a struggle - especially early.

If we're at 0.500 around Christmas time, will the national media be writing us off as one-year wonders?

Mr. Pink
10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Maybe Pollard has spread the Kings' Injury Bug....:o

BostonConnection
10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Just heard a little more detail from the broadcast - he broke a bone in his right hand. Not certain what exactly happened.

This is getting ridiculous...:banghead:

Aw Heck
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow, there's a lot of injuries for the Pacers so far.

I'm wondering, if he's still out when the regular season starts, does Gill get the backup PG minutes or does Freddie? I hope it's Freddie. :pray:

I just don't trust Gill that much right now.

ChicagoJ
10-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Just amazing. I don't remember a preseason like this.

On the good side, that gives Freddy a good chance to make a dent in the backup PG rotation.

IIRC, the 1996-97 season started like this, with Rik and Derrick having thier annual 'get out of training camp free' injuries, Workman tearing his ACL during the first week, etc.

:yikes:

There's a reason that's the season we do not discuss.

:shudder:

Hicks
10-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Looks like we may have a slow start to the season, but if we can keep our heads above water for November and the first half of December, we can be OK. Plenty of time to get in a groove.

Unclebuck
10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Same hand he broke last year in training camp that caused AJ to miss all the preseason games.

All my favorite players are getting hurt, Foster, AJ. I am scared to watch tomorrow night's game.

Good to hear Artest have 35 pts tonight

Lord Helmet
10-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey when is the preseason game that will be televised on FSNMW?Please let it be this week.

Hicks
10-26-2004, 11:36 PM
The preseason is over this week.

There are always 8 games, and we've played 6.

We play Chicago tomorrow, and then on Friday Denver comes to town to end the preaseson, and it's that game that FSN is carrying.

diamonddave00
10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Game was on directv using Pacer in house cameras. Tomorrows maybe too , they play radio broadcast with in house cameras.

Jackson was instant offense in last 1st early 2nd scoring 9 points in 6 minutes.

Lord Helmet
10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
O.K. cool ;)

Cactus Jax
10-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Back to the injury to AJ, do any of you guys think that the Pacers might sign a guy to play 3rd point guard for the month or two that AJ is gone?

I don't think the coaching staff is going to believe that Freddy could fill that role. Plus if one of the other two PG's on the team gets injured that Freddie would then become backup PG, I don't think so.

They could either keep a guy that's in camp or sign a guy from somewhere else.

NewType
10-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Back to the injury to AJ, do any of you guys think that the Pacers might sign a guy to play 3rd point guard for the month or two that AJ is gone?

I don't think the coaching staff is going to believe that Freddy could fill that role. Plus if one of the other two PG's on the team gets injured that Freddie would then become backup PG, I don't think so.

They could either keep a guy that's in camp or sign a guy from somewhere else.

I don't know about that. It seems that we may have a bigger need in the front court.

TheSauceMaster
10-27-2004, 05:30 AM
We still got alot of talent even though some of our better guys are hurt , not gonna worry yet ;)

ABADays
10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm getting concerned about the JB influence.

But seriously folks (rim shot), what the hell are we doing this preseason that's getting all of our players hurt?

Ragnar
10-27-2004, 09:39 AM
It was a freak injury. He was just running through a screen and hit his hand on another player. I could not believe it was broken. He must have glass bones in that hand.

We already have Tins, AJ, Gill, Jones I dont think we need anymore backups. From the things they were saying last night I think we are going to keep Edwards because he is big.

Besides I dont see AJ as that much of a loss :p

Kegboy
10-27-2004, 01:03 PM
It was a freak injury. He was just running through a screen and hit his hand on another player. I could not believe it was broken. He must have glass bones in that hand.

Actually, his ring finger got caught and bent back, which caused the break to the fourth metacarpal.

Unlike previously said, the break last year was in his left, or off hand. This year it's his right, which means he won't be able to shrug it off like last time.

Damn shame, too, cause AJ looked great last night. I couldn't believe that dunk he had.

Kegboy
10-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Did you say AJ and dunk in the same sentance?:o

Yeah, it was a one-hand slam from the wing. I couldn't believe it.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.