PDA

View Full Version : Apple to launch iPhone 5 today? Update: Steve Jobs has passed away

Shade
10-04-2011, 07:28 AM
That's the rumor floating around the industry right now, along with a rumored release date of the 14th for the phone. As someone still rocking a 3GS, I'm really curious to see what the 5/4S is going to bring.

indygeezer
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
OK anyone able to give me the truth here, please. I was told by my ATT sales rep that when the iPhone 5 comes out I could probably scarf up a 4G for about $100 and then use that as a WiFi hotspot...my 3G not being capable of that.

Is this a legit assessment? I have been paying $60/month for an unlimited aircard for my laptop and also paying for an iPhone dataplan but if I can use my phone as a hotspot instead.....

Got knowledge?

Shade
10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
If you jailbreak your 3G, you can purchase an app through Cydia for $14 and generate a WiFi hotspot.

Or, you can sacrifice another $20/month to the Apple gods for the same privilege.

Skaut_Ech
10-04-2011, 08:58 AM
How many of you actually HAVE 4g in your area? I'm with Sprint and have a beat up blackberry Curve. I wanna get a new phone, but it looks like Sprint doesn't even have 4g in Indianapolis and a lot of the country. I don't wanna get a 4g phone if it's a waste of time.

(Hi, shade!)

Shade
10-04-2011, 09:01 AM
(Hi, shade!)

:wave:

Sparhawk
10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I'd love to update my 3G to the new iPhone 5, but if it doesn't have 4G, then forget about it, I might switch to an Andriod. ****, ever since I got that 4os for my 3g, it's been running like a piece of ****. I'm seriously getting tired of Apple and their over priced ****.

I wonder if I switch if I'll lose my unlimited texting plan. Didn't AT&T do away with that?

indygeezer
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd love to update my 3G to the new iPhone 5, but if it doesn't have 4G, then forget about it, I might switch to an Andriod. ****, ever since I got that 4os for my 3g, it's been running like a piece of ****. I'm seriously getting tired of Apple and their over priced ****.

I wonder if I switch if I'll lose my unlimited texting plan. Didn't AT&T do away with that?

If they did I'm in deep ****. I have two kids in college and use text in my business a whole heapa lot.

indygeezer
10-04-2011, 09:50 AM
If you jailbreak your 3G, you can purchase an app through Cydia for $14 and generate a WiFi hotspot.

Or, you can sacrifice another $20/month to the Apple gods for the same privilege.

Jailbreak????

$20/month? I was told it was $30 and 3G couldn't work as a hotspot.

Remember who yer talking to here son.

Los Angeles
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't recommend jail breaking. Not if your 3-year warranty is something you care about.

duke dynamite
10-04-2011, 10:21 AM

If you're jailbreaking, what is the point of paying $10-$15 for MyWi? You can get it for free by adding this repo: http://repo.insanelyi.com.

A word of warning is that at&t is cracking down on unauthorized tethering/hot spotting though, so I wouldn't do it.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/att-mywi-tethering-03-18-2011.jpg

duke dynamite
10-04-2011, 10:26 AM

No, at&t still has their unlimited texting plan. As a matter of fact if you have their unlimited texting plan you get unlimited mobile-to-mobile calls at no extra charge. (i.e. at&t to Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.)

Also, what's the point of 4G if you are limited to 2 GB a month anyway? Even if you are grandfathered into an unlimited data plan if you continuously go over 2 GB each carrier throttles your bandwidth... No point to covet unlimited data or 4G-capable speeds.

And actually, Apple isn't overpriced. Their products are just a little more expensive because everything is done in-house. Hardware and software development, advertising, and other aspects of device implementation. It's better that way. No third parties involved for the most part.

Shade
10-04-2011, 05:14 PM
So...no iPhone 5. Instead, we get the i4S, which is a slight upgrade over the i4. Not sure if I'm gonna plunk down the bucks on this one, even though I need an upgrade. Might just settle for the $99 i4 instead.

Skaut_Ech
10-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I've been eying a droid anyway. Hate to throw in with the great, unwashed masses. :-p

Stryder
10-04-2011, 05:25 PM
So...no iPhone 5. Instead, we get the i4S, which is a slight upgrade over the i4. Not sure if I'm gonna plunk down the bucks on this one, even though I need an upgrade. Might just settle for the $99 i4 instead.

Yeah I'll probably do the same. I still have a 3GS. I might just upgrade to the 4.

ilive4sports
10-04-2011, 09:12 PM
didn't sprint and apple come to a deal where sprint will get the iphone 5 exclusive for the first few months?

cdash
10-04-2011, 11:14 PM
didn't sprint and apple come to a deal where sprint will get the iphone 5 exclusive for the first few months?

No.

Hicks
10-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I wish Siri worked for the i4.

Shade
10-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Quick question to duke or whoever would know:

I've been grandfathered into the unlimited data plan for my iPhone via AT&T, but I'm currently out of contract. Since I would have to sign a new 2-year contract if I upgrade to the 4 or 4S, would I lose my unlimited data plan?

duke dynamite
10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Quick question to duke or whoever would know:

I've been grandfathered into the unlimited data plan for my iPhone via AT&T, but I'm currently out of contract. Since I would have to sign a new 2-year contract if I upgrade to the 4 or 4S, would I lose my unlimited data plan?
You shouldn't. You'd just end up signing a new two-year commitment.

Shade
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I was just wondering, since the Unlimited package is technically no longer available.

cdash
10-05-2011, 04:23 PM

I'm in the same boat. Really disappointed that it's not a brand new phone. I hate the square design of the iPhone 4 and was really hoping that teardrop design rumor was going to happen. I am in desperate need of an upgrade but like you, think I might just buy the 4 for $99 and wait until the 5 comes out.

Stryder
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Being reported Steve Jobs has died...I don't have a link though.

Hicks
10-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow. He did die:

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&btnmeta_news_search=1&q=steve+jobs

Shade
10-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Holy crap.

R.I.P. Steve

Hicks
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
So is this the end of Apple being on top, or is there a sense out there that they can continue with their recent major success?

Basketball Fan
10-05-2011, 08:37 PM
So is this the end of Apple being on top, or is there a sense out there that they can continue with their recent major success?

At the very least its the end of an era. I never used Apple products despite having the Apple Store literally down the street from me. I did however respect his contributions he helped change the world.

ilive4sports
10-05-2011, 09:00 PM

They can continue their success. The apple brand will still be very strong, as long as they keep up their good work. Jobs had stepped down already too, seems like he knew he didn't have much time.

RIP Steve Jobs. He changed all of our lives with the work he did. Guys like him aren't easy to find. We lost an icon today.

graphic-er
10-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Tough loss for the company and the industry. Love Apple products and have used them since the Macintosh LCIII. Very appreciative of his vision and commitment to quality and simplicity.

Lots of kind words and thoughts being reported in the media, but I wonder how long until people come out and tell just how much of a narcissistic jerk this guy was to most of his employees. I've read excerpts about the guy that would make me spit in his face if ever confronted by one of his tirades.

RIP, I'm sure he was wonderful father.

duke dynamite
10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Very sad. I have owned many Apple products, and I am typing this from my Mac.

However people will either love or hate Apple. The crazy thing is I'm sure a lot of people didn't know he was on the board at Disney and was the chairman of Pixar.

Regardless if you have owned an Apple product, he has been involved in many things that affect our daily lives, whether you know it or not. Heck, the iPhone changed the smartphone world almost overnight. All-in-one desktop PC's were pioneered by Apple after Jobs' return in 1998.

I hope I made a coherent point...

cdash
10-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm upset.

graphic-er
10-05-2011, 10:35 PM
They can continue their success. The apple brand will still be very strong, as long as they keep up their good work. Jobs had stepped down already too, seems like he knew he didn't have much time.

RIP Steve Jobs. He changed all of our lives with the work he did. Guys like him aren't easy to find. We lost an icon today.

I am not so sure they can continue their wild success, Tim Cook is nothing but a cost cutter and a supply chain efficiency guru. New innovation will be hard to come by with this guy at the helm. This is a guy who took an expensive computer made in America and turned it into an expensive computer made in China/Taiwan/ Korea. Even though they could afford to make/assemble their products in America and still make a healthy profit.

For the record, my old 2001 PowerMac G4 quicksilver was Assembled in America. I paid $1700 for it. It was a great computer that lasted 9 years before I decided to upgrade to my current MacBook Pro.

cdash
10-05-2011, 11:22 PM
In our lifetimes, no one person will ever have the impact on our collective day to day lives as much as Steve Jobs did. He revolutionized everything. I wasn't being facetious when I said I was upset earlier--I really am. It's an odd feeling to be upset about the death of a complete stranger, but I don't think we will ever see anyone like him again. Truly a sad day.

Frostwolf
10-06-2011, 07:24 AM
condolences to his family, but i am not particularly sad (because as graphic-er mentioned, the dude wasn't a particularly nice human being), though cancer is ALWAYS a bad way to go out for anybody + anyone they know.

graphic-er
10-06-2011, 08:51 AM
This latest I4S release was a pretty big disappointment to me. I looked forward to switching from my Galaxy S phone to the new iphone, but I don't think I will do it now , still only has a 3.5" screen. For me and my bigger fingers that is a non-starter.
But this latest release shows you just how quickly Apple is falling behind in the Smart phone arena. They are not making meaningful updates to their hardware platform. It would have been a natural progression to make the I4S a 4" screen phone. Just increase the size of the case, screen, and antenna and call it a day!

But this whole 3GS - Free , iphone 4 - $99, and iphone 4S- $199 has Tim Cook all over it. Apple used to be a company that would discontinue an older version once the new model came out. As the philosophy was to only offer the best product available.

Young
10-06-2011, 09:07 AM
So sad.

I think that Apple will continue to release some great products within the next few years. One of Job's strengths was that he was always thinking a step or two ahead.

Some will have bad things to say about him. He was a jerk, etc. The thing to remember is that the things that made him that were also the things that made him great. The guy did not settle for anything less than perfection.

Steve Jobs is an icon and no I am not some Apple fanboy. This is a guy who changed and shaped our lives on so many different levels from computers, music, to phones. Like him or hate him you cannot deny that he made this world a better place.

Sparhawk
10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Heard about this last night. iRIP

My wife works at CNN so she had to work till after midnight, and had to fight to get a little sleep before getting up early and going in.

graphic-er
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Heard about this last night. iRIP

My wife works at CNN so she had to work till after midnight, and had to fight to get a little sleep before getting up early and going in.

I like CNN, but my gosh did just interview the same 3 people every hour about Steve Jobs? It seemed like Wolf, Erin Burnett, and Anderson Cooper had the same guests. Maybe I wasn't paying attention though.

Trader Joe
10-07-2011, 03:41 PM
It's sad, but for the last decade or so, Jobs was more responsible for the business side of apple than anything else. If you like Apple for their creativity (I'm not in that boat, I respect them for their business savvy more than anything) then the creativity is still there. Regardless, still sad. Steve would tell us all though to move on and make an impact. Perhaps what better call to action to say maybe we should stop developing iPods and iPads for a while and find a cure for cancer.

Like DD pointed out, Steve was a lot more than Apple. He was a business man to the highest degree, it's not like he was tinkering around on ipods or anything like that. But the guy knew how to sell a product and he knew how to inspire. He created a blueprint to be followed on how to get the American public to buy into a product. I don't mean to call Steve a non-creative person, I just mean to say that a lot of the people designing the products we deemed to be so creative are still there. Steve just knew what people would want, that was his greatest strength. He wasn't always the best at executing until the past 10 years or so, and that's why Microsoft beat the snot out of Apple for a while, but when Steve came back in '98 he was much wiser and had learned how to stay ahead of the curve and give poeple what they want, and even convince that you know better than them what they want. Really interesting guy, tremendous business man, sad loss for just about everyone on some level. Even if you're not into apple products, like me.

Trader Joe
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM
In our lifetimes, no one person will ever have the impact on our collective day to day lives as much as Steve Jobs did. He revolutionized everything. I wasn't being facetious when I said I was upset earlier--I really am. It's an odd feeling to be upset about the death of a complete stranger, but I don't think we will ever see anyone like him again. Truly a sad day.

Man, Bill Gates is just chopped liver now apparently. :shrug:

Trader Joe
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
This latest I4S release was a pretty big disappointment to me. I looked forward to switching from my Galaxy S phone to the new iphone, but I don't think I will do it now , still only has a 3.5" screen. For me and my bigger fingers that is a non-starter.
But this latest release shows you just how quickly Apple is falling behind in the Smart phone arena. They are not making meaningful updates to their hardware platform. It would have been a natural progression to make the I4S a 4" screen phone. Just increase the size of the case, screen, and antenna and call it a day!

But this whole 3GS - Free , iphone 4 - $99, and iphone 4S- $199 has Tim Cook all over it. Apple used to be a company that would discontinue an older version once the new model came out. As the philosophy was to only offer the best product available.

Unfortunately, for better or worse, Apple has spent so much time making fun of other smart phones for their size that they kind of have to keep the iPhone where it is. They've made that bed for themselves and now have to sleep in it. Personally, my thunderbolt kicks the crap out of the iPhone IMO, and the other day when I was in the Verizon store I was talkign to the employees and they said they would only recommend the iPhone to someone if they absolutely would not consider one of the Droid based phones.

ilive4sports
10-07-2011, 04:33 PM

while Bill Gates has done a ton of great stuff, I think Jobs has a broader spectrum of what he changed. Computers, phones, iPods, iPads, Pixar, he did a lot.

And when Bill Gates passes away, we will see similar things said about him.

graphic-er
10-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately, for better or worse, Apple has spent so much time making fun of other smart phones for their size that they kind of have to keep the iPhone where it is. They've made that bed for themselves and now have to sleep in it. Personally, my thunderbolt kicks the crap out of the iPhone IMO, and the other day when I was in the Verizon store I was talkign to the employees and they said they would only recommend the iPhone to someone if they absolutely would not consider one of the Droid based phones.

I've not heard about them making fun of larger smart phones like that, Interesting. I bought my Captivate over the IP4 mainly because of the 4" screen. My fiance' bought a 3GS when they first came out and I just could not work the 3.5" screen very well with my fingers. I'd be hitting all the wrong letters on the keyboard. Almost like the original motorola droid phones with the slider keyboard with super small keys.

But I tried the Captivate, loved the SuperAMOLED screen and the 4" size and didn't have a problem typing on it. It was a very hard sell though because the IP4 just came out at the same time as the Galaxy S phones. I would prefer the Apple product just because use Macs at work and home and would prefer the seemless integration.

I figured Apple was going to do another mid-cycle release before they got to the IP5. But I hoped they would have made some better improvements to the hardware to bring their platform up to snuff.

cdash
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM

Not chopped liver, but he doesn't have the cultural impact that Jobs has had on everyday lives. Computing, maybe, but he's a lot more one dimensional than Jobs.

cdash
10-09-2011, 11:36 PM

It all comes down to personal preference. I have both an iPhone and a Droid and I prefer the iPhone. I don't work at a Verizon store or anything, but I use both extensively and just prefer the iPhone.

cdash
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Anyone order the new iPhone?

duke dynamite
10-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone order the new iPhone?
Waiting for December. At&t is letting me upgrade 6 months early for this one.

Trader Joe
10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Waiting for December. At&t is letting me upgrade 6 months early for this one.

Just wait six months and get the iPhone 4SS

Sparhawk
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM

I actually looked back at each launch and there is a new phone or phone iteration about every 13 months. I'm not waiting another year for the iphone 5. I'll probably wait a month though, cause I hate dealing with crowds and lines, but I'll be picking up the 4S.

Hicks
10-14-2011, 12:07 AM

The iPhone ***? ;)

I'm tempted just because I like having the latest hardware and Siri looks cool to me, but I'd have to drop $550 to do it, else I have to wait until March 30 for the discount rate (was originally supposed to get iPhone 4 on launch day, thought I'd conveniently get it through the local New Castle radio shack, and they managed to never get one in stock for MONTHS, so I finally got one online 2 or 3 months later, which is why I can't just wait for December like Duke... :sigh: )

So while I'd love to join in on the 4S fun, it just makes more sense to wait for iPhone 6 or whatever they call it.

That'd be great if it came out in June like the first four iPhones did, but I get the feeling they've just made October their new annual launch time period.

Kind of makes sense; a new iPad every spring, a new iPhone every fall, a new iProduct every six months.

Right now I'm sporting an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1. I'm looking forward to upgrading to 6 and 3 respectively when the time comes, but the waiting sucks in the meantime. I've come close to picking up a 2 once or twice, but it just didn't seem smart.

Hicks
10-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Actually, that $550 figure wouldn't be true because I'd rather switch to Verizon than continue with AT&T (if AT&T 3G covered New Castle/Connersvile/Richmond I'd stay).

So I believe that would be $299 for 32GB Verizon iPhone 4S, plus the early termination fee for leaving AT&T, right?

I checked, and the latest this AT&T contract could have gone into effect was the end of August 2010.

Allegedly the ETF starts at $325 but decreases $10 per month that you stay with the contract.

So going by Aug 30, that puts me at just about 13 months, and that would mean $325 - $130 = an early termination fee of $195, right?

So if I were to go with Verizon's 32GB 4S, I should be looking at about $299 + $195 = about $494? Does that sound right?

If so... that's still damned pricey.

But I'm a little tempted.

Shade
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I made a little extra on this last paycheck, so I plan to get one, if there are still any available after I get off work today. Probably not, though, from what I'm hearing.

I would have preordered, but I didn't get paid until yesterday, and by then preorders were already sold out. It's kind of annoying. You'd think companies (especially electronics companies) would learn not to underestimate the early adopters, but they always do. Almost makes me wonder if they do it on purpose to build the hype.

bellisimo
10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
You'd think companies (especially electronics companies) would learn not to underestimate the early adopters, but they always do. Almost makes me wonder if they do it on purpose to build the hype.

yes - its a marketing strategy.

cdash
10-14-2011, 11:02 AM
As fate would have it, I broke my 3GS yesterday, so I was pretty much forced to buy the 4S today. Siri is cool. She doesn't love me though. *****. She respects me, evidently. It is syncing up with all my music and stuff now, but I'm excited to play with it.

Shade
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Just picked up a 32GB 4S and loving it so far. The resolution is MUCH higher and it's a LOT faster than my 3GS.

cdash
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Just picked up a 32GB 4S and loving it so far. The resolution is MUCH higher and it's a LOT faster than my 3GS.

Yeah that's what I got too. The speed is very, very noticeable it is more clear than then 3GS. Camera took a big step up too.

Sollozzo
10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Apple stock was trading around 90 bucks in early 09 after the economic crisis. Now it's freaking 420ish, so it's gone up over 300 bucks in under 3 years. Man I wish I would have had some money to invest. I'm sure there are quite a bit of people out there who have made a pretty penny on Apple stock.

Stryder
10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/latest-steve-jobs-mystery-revealed--how-he-drove-without-license-plates.html

Hicks
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Word is the next apple tv will have Siri. That will be awesome, especially if this apple tv actually IS a tv and not just a box.

Sparhawk
10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Word is the next apple tv will have Siri. That will be awesome, especially if this apple tv actually IS a tv and not just a box.

While that does sound awesome, I try to conserve energy at all possible, and that tv sounds like a huge electricity drain.

I went to the store a week ago to get 3 16gig (my wife, my brother as a gift, and myself), and they are sold out...for about a month! WTF!? I really hate this ****, they know the demand and still aren't ready for it.

So I preordered and just waiting. Would have got the 32g if it was $50 more, but I'm not doing another $100!

It's gonna feel like forever till I get my new phone.

Psyren
10-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Odd question, but does anyone know how the availability of the i4s is in Central Indiana?

I mean in terms of in store.

Shade
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I haven't been all too impressed with Siri so far.

cdash
11-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I haven't been all too impressed with Siri so far.

No, I haven't either. She totally kills it if you ask her anything about the weather, but past that, she's not particularly useful and she misunderstands a great deal of my commands.

duke dynamite
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM
<embed flashVars="playerVars=autoPlay=no" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/7473765/iphone_siri_can_assist_with_anything_even_prostitu tes.swf" width="440" height="248" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_7473765" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7473765/iphone_siri_can_assist_with_anything_even_prostitu tes/">IPhone Siri Can Assist With Anything, Even Prostitutes</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for more home videos</a></div>

cdash
11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah I asked her for a blow job and she gave me that same answer.

Kstat
11-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Any CEO can be replaced by another CEO from another company. Might take them time to suceed and they might fail, but eventually they will find a suitable replacement

Jordan, in his peak, was irreplacable, you could scour the globe and not find another Jordan

Absolutely untrue. Ask apple about that....

90'sNBARocked
11-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Absolutely untrue. Ask apple about that....

So you think Steve Jobs won't be replaced?

He certainly will , and Apple will live on, along with his legacy

Kstat
11-09-2011, 12:49 AM
So you think Steve Jobs won't be replaced?

He certainly will , and Apple will live on, along with his legacy

You need a history lesson... Apple ALREADY replaced Jobs once. Same thing happened to them as what happened to the bulls without Jordan. Then he came back... Enough said.

Some CEOs are every bit as hard to find as a Michael Jordan. Just because they wear a suit and tie does not mean they aren't one of a kind in some way that makes them special....

Kstat
11-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Apple can find another CEO but they will never find another steve jobs..

Shade
11-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Apple can find another CEO but they will never find another steve jobs..

Jobs has been far more important to this world than Jordan ever will be.

King Tuts Tomb
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Jobs has been far more important to this world than Jordan ever will be.

Let's just agree they're both great champions of exploiting cheap Asian labor to make affordable consumer goods for Americans.

Shade
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Let's just agree they're both great champions of exploiting cheap Asian labor to make affordable consumer goods for Americans.

Let's please not turn this into a political debate. This thread is already starting to veer off-track enough as it is.

King Tuts Tomb
11-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Let's please not turn this into a political debate. This thread is already starting to veer off-track enough as it is.

It's more a matter of fact than a political debate (I'm not sure how anyone could really disagree with what I said) but I meant it as a joke, no intent to throw off the discussion.

speakout4
11-09-2011, 09:18 AM

What a sad summary of who Steve Jobs was.

King Tuts Tomb
11-09-2011, 09:41 AM
What a sad summary of who Steve Jobs was.

It wasn't meant to be a summary, but it is an important part of his bio that a lot of people don't want to acknowledge.

Psyren
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Back to the iPhone 4s...

I've not been impressed with Siri either. She butchers it most of the time unless it's a question about the weather.

Major Cold
11-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I am thinking about getting the Iphone 4s with Sprint. Does anyone have that? Thoughts?

Psyren
11-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I am thinking about getting the Iphone 4s with Sprint. Does anyone have that? Thoughts?

I've got it.

I've been an iPhone user since the day it came out, and switched to Sprint since my previous contract was up and Sprint has the unlimited data (Which is huge in my book).

People have said Sprints service is slow, and I don't find that to be true. Keep in mind it always helps if you live in the city as opposed to out in a more rural area.

I've found the phone to be perfectly fine speed wise. My battery life is still horrible, even after the iOS 5.0.1 update yesterday.

Have you ever had an iPhone before? I've been an iPhone user since the beginning and I have no intention to switch.

I will say this. It's a great buy if you don't already have an iPhone or are ready for an upgrade. However, Siri isn't impressive enough to upgrade from the iPhone 4 if you aren't ready for an upgrade.

Either way it's a great buy. Hope that helps.

Sparhawk
11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Have had the 4S for a week now. It's amazing. So fast! Siri has worked well. The battery hasn't been an issue, but the phone doesn't last as long as my 3G. Could be that I'm using my phone more. :)