PDA

View Full Version : They like JJ

MSA2CF
10-25-2004, 11:17 PM
If you play well, they will rave...

skyfire
10-26-2004, 02:01 AM
"I'd just watch Ron in the games and Al in the games and just how they would abuse people," Jones said. "After practice, I'd come here and play one-on-one or two-on-two with them and slowly I was able to come up to speed and handle my own. That really showed me something. If I can play against Ron and be successful against him, I can be successful against anyone in the league."

Can't wait to see this kid get some PT.

Suaveness
10-26-2004, 02:10 AM

Unless your name happens to be Bender...in that case they rave but never plays...

diego
10-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I guess i still find it hard to see where they will both get playing time next year. I consider this year another wash for James Jones cause reg is still here. i do think Fred will egt time becasue Jackson will play a lot at SF too, leaving minutes for Freddie.

But next year when reggie retires, IF, i had assumed Freddie will be jacksons back up and would kind of play the role he played this last year. But with Bender, Artest, and Jackson, i dont see minutes for James Jones.

The only way i see it is if they actually move Freddie to a back up PG and SG, and give james the SG/SF minutes...but then again if Bender is healthy he gets those minutes.

I just dont ever see this guy getting on the court unless there is a roster shake up.

SoupIsGood
10-26-2004, 06:18 PM
This guy is nice to have around in case Ronnie ever really has to be moved, then he would see a few minutes a game. I think if we ever get rid of Ronnie it will be for a big man.

ChicagoJ
10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
I guess i still find it hard to see where they will both get playing time next year. I consider this year another wash for James Jones cause reg is still here. i do think Fred will egt time becasue Jackson will play a lot at SF too, leaving minutes for Freddie.
-snip-

I agree with most of your post, but how long are you going to leave Ron on the bench in order for SJax to get 'a lot' of minutes at SF. He's only going to get 10 mpg at SF, max. (Barring ejections and suspensions, of course. :devil:). If Reggie plays 20 mpg and then SJax could pick up the other 28, leaving him at 38 total. That's about the same as JO and Ron. That makes sense.

Sorry Freddie, but unless you win the backup PG minutes with AJ out (and who knows if Rick will have the guts to try him there with so many injures - he'll almost certainly play it safe and *not* conduct that expirement.), or somebody else gets hurt, you're just not playing this season.

Eindar
10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
-snip-

I agree with most of your post, but how long are you going to leave Ron on the bench in order for SJax to get 'a lot' of minutes at SF. He's only going to get 10 mpg at SF, max. (Barring ejections and suspensions, of course. :devil:). If Reggie plays 20 mpg and then SJax could pick up the other 28, leaving him at 38 total. That's about the same as JO and Ron. That makes sense.

Sorry Freddie, but unless you win the backup PG minutes with AJ out (and who knows if Rick will have the guts to try him there with so many injures - he'll almost certainly play it safe and *not* conduct that expirement.), or somebody else gets hurt, you're just not playing this season.

Experiment or no experiment, do you honestly think Gill is better at any position on the floor, any night of the week than Fred Jones? I have serious doubts. Just look at the assist totals, and that's with Fred at the 2.

MSA2CF
10-27-2004, 09:36 PM

Unless your name happens to be Bender...in that case they rave but never plays...

I just wanted to put a version of the Field of Dreams quote in, that's all. ;)

ChicagoJ
10-27-2004, 11:15 PM
-snip-

Experiment or no experiment, do you honestly think Gill is better at any position on the floor, any night of the week than Fred Jones? I have serious doubts. Just look at the assist totals, and that's with Fred at the 2.

Oh no. Last year when everyone was having the AJ/KA debate, I kept trying to say I wanted to see Fred in that role. I just don't see Fred as an NBA-caliber SG, long term. But I'd like to see him at backup PG or in a combo guard role.

For whatever reason, Rick's stubborn reputatoin is scaring me right now. I guess that's because I'm afraid he's going to try to play 11 players on a regular basis this season, and that won't make anybody happy. We gave Gill guaranteed money when nobody else was trying to...

ChicagoJ
10-27-2004, 11:25 PM
I guess that's what I was trying to say in my last sentence - that they all are on the same page with each other but not with me.