PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irene Check-in Thread

Kemo
08-26-2011, 07:08 PM
MODS: Anyway one of you could pin this thread so it stays on top?

I just wanted to have a check-in thread for the P.D members who live on the east-coast, so the rest of us know you guys/gals are alright ...

If you could, check in on this thread from time to time and let us know
A. if you are doing alright amidst the hurricane
and
B. give us some first-hand accounts and updates, as to what's going on.

Also I wanted to share a very good live webcam of Myrtle Beach pointing towards the beach and shoreline.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/myrtlebeach/

idioteque
08-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Peanut butter and jelly? Check. Milk? Check. 12 pack of Guinness? Check.

My apartment is partially underground so I am pretty nervous. Let's hope DC doesn't get it so bad since we don't have a beach or a coastline.

Hicks
08-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Good luck to you all!

Trophy
08-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I was just at Myrtle Beach last week.

We're not expecting too much other than strong winds and heavy rain in the inlands.

Sookie
08-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I was supposed to go to Atlantic City this weekend :(

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the eye of the storm is NOT going to hit where I live anymore, but I'm not that concerned..it'll be decently weak by the time it gets here. My main concern is the possible days without power.

Seriously though, tornadoes, earthquake, and now a Hurricane...The North East isn't supposed to get any of that crap, never mind all three in the past two months.

Basketball Fan
08-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I was supposed to go to Atlantic City this weekend :(

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the eye of the storm is NOT going to hit where I live anymore, but I'm not that concerned..it'll be decently weak by the time it gets here. My main concern is the possible days without power.

Seriously though, tornadoes, earthquake, and now a Hurricane...The North East isn't supposed to get any of that crap, never mind all three in the past two months.

I can't believe there are people who are refusing to evacuate personally I can't feel bad for those who choose to stay even though they were told otherwise.

Sookie
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I can't believe there are people who are refusing to evacuate personally I can't feel bad for those who choose to stay even though they were told otherwise.

Where I was, wasn't told to evacuate. Actually, there's like..no damage in my area. It really wasn't that bad. The big problem was that the hurricane hit, apparently the same time as high tide so people on the shore are probably in a mess. (and a tornado warning at 4 in the morning..that was fun..)

Basketball Fan
08-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Where I was, wasn't told to evacuate. Actually, there's like..no damage in my area. It really wasn't that bad. The big problem was that the hurricane hit, apparently the same time as high tide so people on the shore are probably in a mess. (and a tornado warning at 4 in the morning..that was fun..)

You were fortunate I was referring to the dumbasses who insisted on being out there after being repeatedly warned to stay away.

Really nobody should die to save you if that's how you're going to be.

18 deaths is not as bad as I thought I mean it sucks of course but I thought everyone prepared well for this one.