PDA

View Full Version : Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ECKrueger
08-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I think it was time for this.

So Rob Henry becomes the latest victim of the acl curse. Sounds like TerBush is the next favorite.

What are your hopes for basketball?

Heisenberg
08-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Let's start a new thread a bit more upbeat. Gary Harris on campus October 1st weekend, Notre Dame game.

cdash
08-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Nothing like a good old fashioned recruiting showdown between Indiana and Purdue. I guess Michigan State is in there, but I keep hearing he will stay in state. It would be great for either school to get him. He would vault Purdue's class into top 10 nationally (to stay, probably) if he chose the Boilers, and he would cement IU's class as the #1 class in the country if he chose the Hoosiers. If he chooses MSU he just pisses the whole state off.

Heisenberg
08-25-2011, 07:27 PM
For what it's worth, Dave Telep (ESPN'S recruiting head) said in a chat either today or yesterday it was between State and Purdue but it was 10 day old info and 10 days is a lifetime in recruiting. It was in an ESPN chat.

cdash
08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
For what it's worth, Dave Telep (ESPN'S recruiting head) said in a chat either today or yesterday it was between State and Purdue but it was 10 day old info and 10 days is a lifetime in recruiting. It was in an ESPN chat.

Yeah he caught a firestorm for saying that too. Gary Harris' dad refuted that rumor and said he didn't know where it came from. Telep went on the defensive on Twitter a day later after (I presume) all the Hoosier fans lambasted him for it.

Trader Joe
08-26-2011, 12:15 AM
If Harris goes to IU or Purdue, I will be absolutely shocked. The scuttle butt since July has basically had him going to MSU.

ECKrueger
08-26-2011, 12:51 AM
I thought it was mainly Purdue/State too. Figure it is more likely St, but I am just ready for this to be over.

In other athletics new, the volleyball team starts their season tomorrow (later today) and I'm excited. We're raising the Elite Eight banner!

Heisenberg
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah, Harris and his family have played this rather impressively close to the vest. The Zellers did their due diligence but it was almost a given he'd be a Hoosier, no one really knows with Harris. I try not to be biased with this kinda stuff, but I honestly do think he winds up at Purdue, just a gut feeling.

I dunno, people say he's going to State and visiting the state schools to keep people off his back, but it goes the same way if he's actually already decided and it's one of Purdue/IU. You can read it both ways. Wherever he goes, everything I've read about him makes him seem like an outstanding kid so I hope he succeeds regardless. Anyway, I was thinking about his rankings and all and came to the conclusion Harris would be Purdue's highest ranked recruit since....Mike Robinson. Yeah. Dude was even a McDonald's AA. Just goes to show how fickle the rankings game is.

Heisenberg
08-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Also, speaking of recruiting, he's obviously no longer committed but last month I read that Kyle Molock's just trying to get colleges to look at him in open gyms, let alone high D1 schools. He apparently shredded his knee, all 3 ligaments, I thought it was just his ACL. That's awful, from playing at an upper tier major conference program to just trying to find an offer in a few short months. Hope the kid can find a place that fits and helps him succeed.

ECKrueger
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Ya I feel bad for Molock, hope he figures something out.

Since86
08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Hopefully he'll find something. Jared Jones from BSU has a similiar story. Committed to ND and during the summer before his senior year he broke his leg. Scared off ND, so he busted his hump and got another offer from Ball State. Since then all he's done is be a 3 year starter, soon to be 4, and been a 16pt 8reb guy that really helped the program stay afloat.

Hopefully he listens to his doctor and his knee, and eventually it will come back to him. Maybe look at a prep school for another year to give him a little more time to heal.

ECKrueger
08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Vball swept Baylor tonight! Also, we are playing...vcu in the morning. I hope we demolish them.

One more thing - saw several members of the bball team at a dining court, and the game tonight. The freshmen are TALL.

ECKrueger
08-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Well we avenged the men's basketball team a little. Swept vcu.

ECKrueger
08-29-2011, 12:53 PM
TerBush is the starter officially. The season opens up in less than a week, oh ya!

Trader Joe
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
TerBush is one weird last name.

ECKrueger
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Agreed.

BRushWithDeath
08-30-2011, 03:49 PM
TerBush is one weird last name.

Could make for some really good typos.

H & T aren't that far apart on the keyboard.

Trader Joe
08-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Could make for some really good typos.

H & T aren't that far apart on the keyboard.

Yep.

Dab
08-31-2011, 10:18 AM
from http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1257506

Lawson, Hummel progressing

A pair of Boilermakers coming off serious injuries look good so far in individual workouts, Painter said.

Senior Robbie Hummel and freshman Jacob Lawson are at different points in their recovery from ACL surgery and Achilles' tendon surgery, respectively.

"Rob looks fine," Painter said. "He looked like he had good lateral movement. He had good spring, kind of stopped on a dime for his pull up. Just looked good. It's one of those things where time always tells, but from not seeing him for such a long time ? he looked pretty good."

Lawson, a 6-foot-8 forward, ruptured the Achilles' in his right leg in January.

"He didn't look like he had the same spring to him when I watched him in high school, but for somebody who tore his Achilles and has only been going here for about a month in terms of being released for everything, I thought he was great," Painter said. " thought he did some good things and worked really hard in the individual workout we had on Thursday."

I have to wonder if Lawson will be a redshirt. His athleticism and explosiveness are the major strengths of his game.

Heisenberg
09-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Lawson's not redshirting. If the only reason for him to do it is "not being as athletic" then it'd be dumb, this team has very little legitimate size. He's a month out from being cleared to play off an Achille's tear, no **** he's not as athletic right now, that comment's getting kinda blown outta proportion. It's August 1st.

ECKrueger
09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I agree. Lawson will be playing.

ECKrueger
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
We're playing Middle Tennessee State in less than 24 hours. I'm excited, we should be able to actually win these games.

Foul on Smits
09-03-2011, 01:01 PM
TerBush has been crap so far.

dal9
09-03-2011, 01:38 PM
cant see the game, but boxscore is depressingly familiar

Heisenberg
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Gonna be a longggg season. At least Bolden looks solid and healthy, just put Wiggs as QB. Also, Auburn down 14-21 to Utah St ate half. And seeing Nebraska on the BTN is really weird. Feels like it just now hit me that they're actually in the conference.

Dab
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Blocked!

Heisenberg
09-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Win's a win I s'pose, still not looking encouraging

Kegboy
09-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Win's a win I s'pose, still not looking encouraging

Gives them a lot to work on in practice, so that's something.

Dab
09-03-2011, 11:47 PM
beats losing

Foul on Smits
09-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Ricardo Allen is a stud. Could be first team all big ten. Bolden looked good and Wigs is money if they need a huge kick.

Hopefully they build off the win. This team should be 3-0 come time for ND

cdash
09-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Hope has got to go.

pacer4ever
09-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Kyle Adams made the Bears beating out long time vet Dez Clark. Plain and simple Adams out played him. The Bears had 5 UDFA make the team that is an insane number. I am happy the Bears made the right decision keeping Adams he played his *** off and earned the job.

ECKrueger
09-05-2011, 12:15 AM
It was not a pretty win, but for those of us at the game...we will take it. They darn well better have won after we baked out there for 4 hours or so.

Oh and Bolden looked pretty good, as did Allen sans the fumble. I though TerBush was good on the last drive, hopefully that continues.

Really?
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Our defense looked bad at times particularly on 3rd downs, pass plays, and runs to the perimeter, we are really going to have to work on this if we want to be close to making a bowl game this year...

ECKrueger
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Only 3rd downs, pass plays, and outside runs? That's not bad...

Heisenberg
09-08-2011, 12:41 AM
On the bright side, Bolden looked pretty awesome, definitely back to top form. Sure it was against MTSU (who was a bowl team, barely, but still), but behind what looked like a pretty lackluster line 17/120 was pretty impressive. Shavers looked pretty solid too.

Wish Hope & Co'd use a Tressel-esque gameplan and turn us into a running team.

Really?
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Only 3rd downs, pass plays, and outside runs? That's not bad...

lol...

I hope next game we look better overall I would really like to see us in a bowl game again..

Heisenberg
09-09-2011, 06:18 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img736/8410/u5qho.jpg

Kegboy
09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
My god, chairs!

:faint:

Dab
09-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Blocked!

Heisenberg
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Sigh. I dunno, karma I guess after MTSU outplaying us in week 1 and winning the way we did.

Really?
09-10-2011, 09:41 PM
WTF... thats all I can say. had a feeling we were going to miss it, didn't think it would get blocked though... for some reason it just seemed rushed and unorganized even though we had a lot of time and were lined up correctly... our defense is bad, especially against the pass, we will need to make changes soon, or MTSU could be the only game that we win all year.

Really?
09-10-2011, 09:43 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img736/8410/u5qho.jpg
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ECKrueger
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Nice indeed. Nicer than our football team.

Foul on Smits
09-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Danny Hope needs to go.

ECKrueger
09-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't think I'd be opposed to that.

ECKrueger
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
How about that Kerrigan guy?!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k8obQpk3ZK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kegboy
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Yep, that was the lone bright light of a horrible football weekend.

Heisenberg
09-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Go through active NFL rosters, there's PLENTY of Purdue talent on them, the majority of them starters. In the NFL. Granted, the vast amount of them are either QBs or DE/OLBs, but the talent is there and has been there. I don't even dislike Hope's recruiting, I haven't looked it up but I'd imagine he's doing just as well there as Tiller did and with even less to get those guys to WL on. Not that either was pulling major coups in that area, unless you count guys that never saw the field for Tiller.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if Hope's not fired at season's end and Kevin Sumlin's not offered the job then I'm ready to call for Burke to be replaced. It's a lot like IU with Lynch, I genuinely like Hope, think he has the best interests for his players and the school in mind at all times, he just isn't good enough a coach. I'm not asking for double digit wins and Rose Bowl contention, just yearly bowls. There's absolutely no reason for ANY Big Ten school to not expect that from their coach.

ECKrueger
09-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Just for reference:

Some 18 former Purdue football players are on NFL rosters as the 2011 season opens this week. Sixteen different clubs have Boilermaker alums; the New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers are the only teams with more than one.

Newcomers: Two Boilermakers who completed their eligibility last season are active - linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, the Washington Redskins' first-round draft pick, and tight end Kyle Adams, who made the Chicago Bears roster as an undrafted free agent.

New Places: Two former Purdue defensive standouts are with two teams - defensive end Ray Edwards signed with the Atlanta Falcons after spending the first five seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings, and safety Bernard Pollard hooked up with the Baltimore Ravens. Pollard previously played with the Kansas City Chiefs (2006-08) and Houston Texans (2009-10).

Cradle of Quarterbacks: Drew Brees begins his sixth season with the New Orleans Saints, while Kyle Orton and Curtis Painter are in their third season with the Denver Broncos and Indianapolis Colts.

Den of Defensive Ends: No fewer than six former defensive ends are with NFL clubs: Cliff Avril (Detroit Lions), Edwards, Kerrigan, Rob Ninkovich (New England), Shaun Phillips (San Diego) and Anthony Spencer (Dallas Cowboys). Kerrigan, Ninkovich, Phillips and Spencer now each play linebacker. Meanwhile, two former defensive tackles - Ryan Baker and Mike Neal - now are ends with the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers.

O Line Vets: Tackle Matt Light enters his 11th season with the New England, center Nick Hardwick his ninth season with San Diego, guard-center Uche Nwaneri his fifth season with the Jacksonville Jaguars and tackle Mike Otto his fifth season with the Tennessee Titans.

Former First Rounders: The Boilermakers have had three first-round draft picks in the past five seasons: Spencer with Dallas in 2007, tight end Dustin Keller with the New York Jets in 2008 and Kerrigan with Washington in 2011.

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090511aad.html

dal9
09-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Interesting story on J & C that Henry had his ACL done by James Andrews (guy who did Brees' shoulder I think), not Shelbourne.

Wonder if this is a sign that the re-injuries are forcing PU is away from Shelbourne...

Really?
09-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Yep, that was the lone bright light of a horrible football weekend.

Don't forget about Shaun Phillips play...

ECKrueger
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Interesting story on J & C that Henry had his ACL done by James Andrews (guy who did Brees' shoulder I think), not Shelbourne.

Wonder if this is a sign that the re-injuries are forcing PU is away from Shelbourne...

I would think the history would have to scare you a little at least.

ECKrueger
09-17-2011, 04:50 PM
FIFTY-NINE to zero!

pacer4ever
09-17-2011, 09:47 PM
FIFTY-NINE to zero!

lol and we played who? I would be embarrassed for scheduling that game. Thats why i hate college ball it is a joke there are about 2 games that matter a year out of conference in all of college ball. LSU Oregon was the only game that has mattered so far all year. Oklahoma FL State matters tonight aswell. College ball is such a joke now a days.

I was working in Lafayette today traffic is a ***** game days.

I am thinking about going to ND PU on the 1st but im afraid Purdue will get smoked and will be a waste.But ill be going to Chicago that night it is on the way so I mys well.

Heisenberg
09-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Hard to take a lot from that game, REALLY nice to be on the right end of a 59-0 shellacking of course, but SEMO St's a 1-AA school and looked like a bad one at that.

Marve looked good though. More decisive, the passes are much crisper and on target. If the knee's still 100% I'd probably start him the rest of the way. Now beat ND and put on a show for Gary Harris.

ECKrueger
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I'd start Marve as well. I don't care who it was, we were supposed to beat Rice also.

I don't like when people who don't go here, or never did, say 'we' either.

pacer4ever
09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd start Marve as well. I don't care who it was, we were supposed to beat Rice also.

I don't like when people who don't go here, or never did, say 'we' either.
:rolleyes:

my mom and dad both went to Purdue my Uncle is the Sheriff of Tipp county and get free tickets to any game I want to go too and most of my family lives in Lafayette. I think I can say we if I want too.

ECKrueger
09-19-2011, 01:29 AM
:rolleyes:

my mom and dad both went to Purdue my Uncle is the Sheriff of Tipp county and get free tickets to any game I want to go too and most of my family lives in Lafayette. I think I can say we if I want too.

Didn't say you couldn't. Do as you please. You're just not a Boilermaker to me is all. I catch myself saying we all the time when I talk about the Pacers and Buccaneers.

idioteque
09-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Didn't say you couldn't. Do as you please. You're just not a Boilermaker to me is all. I catch myself saying we all the time when I talk about the Pacers and Buccaneers.

LOL I think you forgot the green font buddy. I'm sure P4E wets his bed at night when he remembers he's not a Boilermaker to you.

ECKrueger
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Boilermaker legend Chris Kramer is headed to Germany to play ball.

Chris Kramer likes being close to his family and is a self-proclaimed picky eater.

Those always have been reasons why the former Purdue guard has been wary of continuing his professional basketball career overseas.

But Kramer is ready to try being independent.

Kramer signed a contract to play in W?g, Germany, for the s.Oliver Baskets in the 16-team Basketball Bundesliga League.

Kramer, who is from Huntington, Ind., is leaving on Friday and expects to be gone for at least six months. The league web site said the first game is Oct. 3.

"There was a time when I was going to have to man-up and go over there," Kramer said, "make some money and play this game outside of the States. There's no better time than when the NBA is in a lockout. It's a chance for me to make a name for myself and a chance for me to get rid of (the) 'he can just play defense' (label).

"I'm nervous but excited. It's a great opportunity."

Kramer said he turned down an offer to play in Spain thinking something better would come.

The result was the chance to play in the top league in Germany and be joined by at least six other Americans on the team - the roster on the team's site includes Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobson - and an American coach (John Patrick).

"It'll definitely be an adjustment, but having a lot of Americans there will help," said Kramer, who spent about a month in Puerto Rico this summer with the Guaynabo Mets.

http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268856

Since86
09-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Probably to get away from his mom. I know I would.

Heisenberg
09-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Probably to get away from his mom. I know I would.
Don't think her screams'll have a problem crossing the Atlantic

dal9
09-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Hope arrived on the scene with a win vs. OSU, and maybe he needs to beat them again to keep his job. Watched some of the OSU-Colorado game, and OSU just absolutely cannot pass. Granted their defense is good, but a competent coaching staff should be able to defeat a team that is entirely one dimensional (runs+qb scrambles). I guess they have a receiver coming back f/ suspension, but their QB looks beyond worthless passing the ball. Strange to think that OSU is a "must-win" but losing to a team that you know coming in is as offensively incompetent as OSU would be huge blow.

ECKrueger
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
We all know E is playing in Italy this year, but did you know he is teaming up with none other than the great Brian Scalabrine?! I'm predicting great things from him now once the nba comes back.

http://www.benettonbasket.it/it/roster.html

Also, here is an article from Italy about him:

U.S. revealed the name of the guard that goes to increase the external department of the new Benetton Basketball 2011/2012. This is It 'Twaun Moore, born in 1989 (he was born Feb. 25 in East Chicago), 192 centimeters, the most important player in the last four years at Purdue college, university of great history with regard to the basketball program, the second choice of the Boston Celtics past the No. 55 draft. It 'was All American in the last two seasons and in the ideal team of the Big Ten conference in the high-level view of the NCAA. To him therefore a very solid college career (with the record of having played in all 140 races in the four years of college at Purdue, with 107 wins) culminated with the satisfaction of being one of three players in history to score in his college career university at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 400 assists. It was also the 3 rd of Boilermakers scorer of all time.

In the last year for E'Twaun 18 points (40% from three), 5.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists per match, 31 times out of 34 races went into double figures, with a record of 38 points against Ohio (with 7 / 10 by three). But even in the years before his contribution was quite large (16 points from junior abundant year, boarding with 3.1, 47% and 38% by two of three.
This year the team of three "stars" Moore, JaJuan Johnson (who was also chosen by the Celtics) and Robbie Hummel, also because of an injury of the latter, comes "only" to the third round of the NCAA final (always played in its 4 years of college!) after having touched the dream of the Final Four. Even on this occasion, scouts and analysts note the great susceptibility of Moore to team play and the concrete, hard to find talent at that age, and this' is the call of the Celtics who have closely followed throughout the year.

Is described by scouts as a player "old school", a winner (formerly the Eastern High School in Chicago led his school to the title), excellent basic, good approach shot from far away, careful and skillful defender in the intercept (arms very long, this also helps him to rebound), fast athlete with room for improvement in the dribbling and in attacking the basket, but instead has a good range of movement in attack, even away from the basket. Important that it be described as a player "team", not a catalyst for balloons, but a player who likes to engage the context of even small things in both attack and defense and to select the game situations.

Danny Ainge chosen by the player for the Celtics, often during the lockout, so he chose Italy and Benetton Basket for its launch in the firmament of professional basketball. It will be in Treviso for the meeting August 16.

"We were looking for a player with these features - says the GM of Benetton Basket Claudio Coldebella - and we are very pleased that E'Twaun Moore has signed for us. It was highlighted in a prestigious college like Purdue and was chosen by Boston, these are guarantees, and has important technical and behavioral qualities that make a man suited to the context of a team as we understand it. It reminds me a little 'Bootsy Thorthon, that type of player, that talent for the team. It 'a mature player in spite of young age, and in any case the choice of another young aligns the choices made ​​above, form a group aimed at young man who has talent and enthusiasm. "

:D at the bolded

http://www.benettonbasket.it/it/news-8695/e039twaun-moore-la-nuova-guardia-della-benetton-basket-20012012.html

Foul on Smits
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
With this Colts situation going on , I don't know if I can even explain how badly I need Purdue to pull this thing off Saturday night.

ECKrueger
09-29-2011, 03:53 PM
It would be amazing. I still regret not going to the Ohio State game 2 years ago.

Sorry about the Colts on Monday night ;)

idioteque
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Serious question for Purdue fans, should they give Hope the axe?

dal9
09-30-2011, 03:15 PM
If he wins the rest of the "must-win" games (edit: which I guess is only Minn and IU at this point), and pulls one upset, i'd say give him another year. Otherwise, I'd let him go. Obvious Decision-making errors have just been too frequent.

Heisenberg
09-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Serious question for Purdue fans, should they give Hope the axe?Absolutely. But I won't get my high hopes up since Burke pretty much honors every contract, which is commendable if frustrating, and I doubt whoever it'd be to take Hope's place would be all that different. Was on the Kevin Sumlin train, and I'd still be OK with him, but he's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:36 AM
The Rice loss is a fireable offence.

But he has a chance to save his job starting tonight. He needs to realize this teams identity. Which is, run run, run. Defend, defend, defend. This team has some talent.

idioteque
10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm an ND fan and a lot of people are scoffing at Purdue, but if hope knows his *** is on the line and can compel his team to play for his job it will be more than interesting.

Kegboy
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
For anyone who thinks/hopes Burke will pull the trigger, I've got two words for you:

Jim Colletto

:banghead:

Danny Hope has 3 years left on his contract, he'll coach here 3 more years.

Dab
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Some basketball recruit is visiting Purdue today . . . Gary Harris. Anybody ever heard of him?

TIC

Heisenberg
10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
JaQuan Lyle's there too.

I feel gross for knowing that. At least Harris is a senior.

dal9
10-01-2011, 04:50 PM
^lol, it's like the college guy with the high school girlfriend: "at least she's a senior"

Back on topic--watching this OSU-MSU game--I am close to moving the Ohio State game to a must-win: their defense is very good, but their offense is beyond atrocious. So, I'll say, if Hope beats, IU, Minn, OSU and one more team (which gets us to 6-6, right?), give him another year or two.

edit: don't see how Cousins is a pro prospect either

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Really Terbush?

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Terbush 7 Purdue 0

pacer4ever
10-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Glad I didn't go that throw was ridiculous gonna be a long night if you throw into quadruple coverage all night.

That throw made Jeff George look smart might be the worst throw i have ever seen.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't wanna see Terbush again.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Yah. You have no shot when your Qb completely sucks the air out of the stadium like that.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Big block! Need points.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
That's a horrible call. Go ahead and mark a win for ND.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
That's one of the worst calls I've seen.

pacer4ever
10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Hope is an idiot that was a catch. Hope has to be one of the worst coaches he doesn't have the players playing disciplined they keep making stupid penalties and don't play any defense.

Hope will never be able to get any recruits who the hell would want to play for him? If I was the AD I would of fired him at the end of last year.

I would love to see Floyd in a Bears uni kids a beast at the WR position

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 09:10 PM
This is turning into a major embarassment quickly. Hopes had two weeks to prepare and this is it?

He can't be blamed for Johnson dropping a pick six right there. Come on.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Run on 3rd and 10.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I feel horrible for the Purdue fans at this game right now. They deserve better. Hope owes those fans an apology after this game.

idioteque
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I am a ND fan and while ND looks like a much better team Purdue is getting hosed by the refs.

Foul on Smits
10-01-2011, 10:30 PM
11 penalties. You are horrible Danny Hope. Purdue might not see another prime time game for ten years because of this.

ECKrueger
10-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I feel horrible for the Purdue fans at this game right now. They deserve better. Hope owes those fans an apology after this game.

Makes me feel better :)

Ya, that was a huge waste of time.

pacer4ever
10-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Makes me feel better :)

Ya, that was a huge waste of time.

exactly why I decided to get rid of my tickets I had a feeling we were gonna get smoked. I would have been ****** if I went gas isn't cheap and parking isn't either. My friends who I was gonna go with were ND fans so glad I didn't go they would have been rubbing it in big time.

ECKrueger
10-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I still gotta go out and support the team, but ya it was not fun. I understand, I would not want to drive up for that with ND fans either though.

Heisenberg
10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Next week: Purdue vs Minnesota. I'm gonna call up Jim Delaney and see if I can convince him to play this one without a ball, might be worth watching.

cdash
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Next week: Purdue vs Minnesota. I'm gonna call up Jim Delaney and see if I can convince him to play this one without a ball, might be worth watching.

They need a Cupcake Bowl at the end of the season. The two most pathetic teams in a major conference squaring off. Wait a second...that's what the Old Oaken Bucket is for? :laugh:

Minnesota and Indiana are easily the worst teams in the B1G, actually. Purdue is really bad, but a small, important step above those two.

ECKrueger
10-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Guess who got on ESPN during the ND game? :)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/eckrueger/IMG_7905.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/eckrueger/IMG_7907.jpg

BRushWithDeath
10-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Now I feel bad that I remarked during the game, "Who the hell makes a sign for damn kicker?"

ECKrueger
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
1. It was my buddy that made it, not me. So did another guy. :)

2. Who else on our team would you make a sign for? I think Wiggs is just about the most popular player on the team. It is kind of sad.

Really?
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Guess who got on ESPN during the ND game? :)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/eckrueger/IMG_7905.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/eckrueger/IMG_7907.jpg

You look pretty happy, lol...

But I think Wiggs is the most hyped, I think the poster that I would have up would be for Henry wishing him to get well soon.

Our QB situation is silly... Mavre has not stepped up like I feel he should have by now.

I think one of the biggest problems that Purdue has been having for a while is the lack of linebackers that can cover, we have had a couple go to the league but a lot of those guys couldn't cover either.

ECKrueger
10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
You look pretty happy, lol...

But I think Wiggs is the most hyped, I think the poster that I would have up would be for Henry wishing him to get well soon.

Our QB situation is silly... Mavre has not stepped up like I feel he should have by now.

I think one of the biggest problems that Purdue has been having for a while is the lack of linebackers that can cover, we have had a couple go to the league but a lot of those guys couldn't cover either.

That was probably the happiest I looked after the first 10 minutes of the game. I definitely think Allen, Wiggs, and Henry are the most popular.

Marve has not looked great but I think he is better than TerBush.

Really?
10-05-2011, 09:12 PM
That was probably the happiest I looked after the first 10 minutes of the game. I definitely think Allen, Wiggs, and Henry are the most popular.

Marve has not looked great but I think he is better than TerBush.

Yeah that is what I think as well, I hope we make a bowl game this year but it is a true long shot... hopefully things will turn around for us soon.

Heisenberg
10-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Not a chance in hell a bowl happens.

vs Minn
@ Penn St
vs Ill
@ Mich
@ Wisconsin
vs OSU
vs Iowa
@ IU

Anyone see 4 wins there? Minnesota's at home so should win that, IU's probably a tossup. 4 wins is a best case scenario at this point.

Really?
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Not a chance in hell a bowl happens.

vs Minn
@ Penn St
vs Ill
@ Mich
@ Wisconsin
vs OSU
vs Iowa
@ IU

Anyone see 4 wins there? Minnesota's at home so should win that, IU's probably a tossup. 4 wins is a best case scenario at this point.

Unlikely but the best case scenario that I could see would be Minn, IU, OSU, and possibly Iowa or Penn St.

Stretch yes, but anything can happen. I say Ill, Mich, and Wisconson are a 0 percent chance of winning but I think we have atleast a 30% chance of winning against OSU, Iowa, and Penn maybe bout 15-20 for Penn only reason being is because it is an away game. Big Ten teams have decent records but their play has been pretty bad, Penn St barely squeaked by in a lot of its games.

I know it is unlikely but for a fan you have to set your hopes high, atleast that what I think.

ECKrueger
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't think there will be any bowling this year, unless the players head to the Union.

Foul on Smits
10-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I just want to see a win today. Thinking about going to the Illinois game in a couple weeks

Foul on Smits
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I think Penn St is a winnable game.

Heisenberg
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Man, and I thought Purdue was bad...

Foul on Smits
10-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Ricardo Allen!

Heisenberg
10-08-2011, 12:51 PM
2011 Minnesota is probably the worst Big Ten team I've ever seen

Heisenberg
10-08-2011, 02:34 PM
OK Hope, it's Bade time

Foul on Smits
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Purdue needs to stop dancing and play defense.

Heisenberg
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
1st place, Indy here we come!

ECKrueger
10-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Painter looked pretty good I thought.

BRushWithDeath
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
2011 Minnesota is probably the worst Big Ten team I've ever seen

It's not even a race. Minnesota is abysmal. IU would beat them by 2+ touchdowns.

Heisenberg
10-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Not too sure of the rationale for their rankings, but Rivals has us at #4 in the conference (http://rivals.yahoo.com/purdue/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/BIG10/all) for football.

It's not total commits (2nd), and it's not average * rating (8th). So...number of 3 stars? I dunno. I'll take any good news right now.

Really?
10-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Not too sure of the rationale for their rankings, but Rivals has us at #4 in the conference (http://rivals.yahoo.com/purdue/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/BIG10/all) for football.

It's not total commits (2nd), and it's not average * rating (8th). So...number of 3 stars? I dunno. I'll take any good news right now.

I think they add up the totals of where they rank the players, atleast that is their starting point, I think after that they may go in and due some tweaking depending on individual star players.

Foul on Smits
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Haven't had a chance to see the link, but rivals does a great job from everything I've read.

I think Purdue can win this game this week boys.

BRushWithDeath
10-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I think Purdue can win this game this week boys.

What on Earth makes you think that?

Dab
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I was under the impression that Derek Willis was a ship that had sailed, but apparently not

http://boilerstation.jconline.com/article/20111012/SPORTS02010201/110120327/Former-recruit-plans-visit-Purdue

Really?
10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I was under the impression that Derek Willis was a ship that had sailed, but apparently not

http://boilerstation.jconline.com/article/20111012/SPORTS02010201/110120327/Former-recruit-plans-visit-Purdue

Heard he just received a scholarship from UK might be over now buddy... But yeah never really thought it was a ship that sailed, but I will say for a kid to recommit to a school after decommitting he has to really have a lot of courage. Maybe this weekend at Hoosier Hysteria he can convince Harris to come to Purdue with him, lol... Actually it will probably turn out bad, a kid that decommitted from your school sitting next to one that is in the deciding stage.. not good.

Trader Joe
10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
If Harris doesn't commit to Purdue or IU after Hoosier hysteria this weekend, then he is pretty much 100% MSU or UK bound. Our 2012 recruits have already said they are going to be doing everything they can to get him to commit this weekend and he's already visited Purdue.

Really?
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
If Harris doesn't commit to Purdue or IU after Hoosier hysteria this weekend, then he is pretty much 100% MSU or UK bound. Our 2012 recruits have already said they are going to be doing everything they can to get him to commit this weekend and he's already visited Purdue.

I think he will probably go to IU, possibly Michigan State, for his game I think that MSU or PU will fit the best though, they will really develop his game and expand his defensive strengths.

Not to be a "butt hole" but I can not really think of one singer person that Crean has developed in his time here.

I think UK will use his athletic ability but all the depth there might not be as good for him.

I think he will decide with in the next few weeks.

Also one extra thing I wonder who will end up transferring I could see Howell possibly Patterson transferring if Harris comes after the first year or so.

Trader Joe
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
By the same token, who has Crean really had to develop while at IU? At Marquette Crean was viewed as an average recruiter who landed a ton of 3 stars and still competed in the Big East.

cdash
10-13-2011, 10:17 AM
I think he will probably go to IU, possibly Michigan State, for his game I think that MSU or PU will fit the best though, they will really develop his game and expand his defensive strengths.

Not to be a "butt hole" but I can not really think of one singer person that Crean has developed in his time here.

I think UK will use his athletic ability but all the depth there might not be as good for him.

I think he will decide with in the next few weeks.

Also one extra thing I wonder who will end up transferring I could see Howell possibly Patterson transferring if Harris comes after the first year or so.

I really don't think Harris will go to IU. I don't have any inside information, but my gut feeling is that he will end up elsewhere. Hoosier Hysteria this weekend might sway things, but we'll see. I actually think Purdue has a better shot with him. To be honest, I'd rather see him at Purdue than UK.

I agree with you on Crean not developing players at IU. I haven't seen nearly as much development out of our guys as I'd like. Same problems persist year after year.

When you say Howell, do you mean Hollowell? If IU did get Harris, I think the most likely transfer would be Patterson. Hollowell is more of a SF, whereas Patterson is a pure, slightly undersized SG.

Trader Joe
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Patterson would be the first wing off the bench behind Harris and Hollowell most likely. I don't see why he'd transfer, but that's probably a convo best carried out in the IU thread.

ECKrueger
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd guess Harris comes here, but that is based off nothing. I think it is pretty close though.

Really?
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
By the same token, who has Crean really had to develop while at IU? At Marquette Crean was viewed as an average recruiter who landed a ton of 3 stars and still competed in the Big East.

Well anyone I guess, not necessarily developing to the NBA level but I mean Verdell Jones has not got better since he has been down here. The big man have not really progressed.

But I am also not watching as close as a die hard IU fan is.

Also yeah Hollowell.

So their line up that year will be Ferrell/Harris/Hollowell/Panar(however you spell it)/Zeller

With Patterson and Creek contributing. Best wishes to Creek by the way. I know they should also have a good backup center.

Really?
10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Also for some reason I just do not have a good feeling about him coming to Purdue. I just think Purdue has too much going for themselves with him, and for him to have not signed yet does not seem like a very good sign.

He has probably been visiting there since he was a kid, both parents played there, he was born there. He has had a ton of visits since he has been in HS, it is in-state. One of his AAU teammates are going there.

I think I have just seen so many people recently that have been thought to be close to locks for Purdue turn away that I have weak feelings about big recruits signing with us.

Actually I can not think of one big recruit that signed with us.(Not thinking of Hummel, Martin, Johnson, Moore as big recruits)

Heisenberg
10-13-2011, 11:39 PM
2012 4* 7 footer AJ Hammons committed today. Much as I want Harris, a true post with actual basketball skills was sorely needed, really nice get. Haven't seen Hammons play, just read reports, apparently has a "questionable motor." Either that's been corrected in his time in prep school or it soon will be under Painter, that or he just won't play. Still a scholarship open for Harris if he wants it.

Far as Harris, he's not your average 5* gimme the spotlight kinda recruit. He and his family're doing everything possible to be proof positive they find the right fit. There's nothing to read into about leans or anything, just stuff you read from "experts." I think he winds up in black and gold, but I'm a bit biased.

Heisenberg
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Purdue's 2012 class up to 9th on ESPN

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Hammons is the kid who was originally at Carmel right? If so, I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about him. From a lot of what I read, he certainly doesn't seem like a "Purdue" type though. However, if I'm thinking of the right guy his talent is through the roof so if he pans out he's probably worth the risk, the old rule of you can win as long as you only have one crazy person on the team.

Also, it'd be sort of shcoking to me if Harris ends up at Purdue, they've been pretty firmly #4 on the list every time you check on him. Granted IU has pretty much been firmly #4a so I don't think he'll end up in state.

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Well anyone I guess, not necessarily developing to the NBA level but I mean Verdell Jones has not got better since he has been down here. The big man have not really progressed.

But I am also not watching as close as a die hard IU fan is.

Also yeah Hollowell.

So their line up that year will be Ferrell/Harris/Hollowell/Panar(however you spell it)/Zeller

With Patterson and Creek contributing. Best wishes to Creek by the way. I know they should also have a good backup center.

I think Verdell is a lot better than he was as a freshman...he still sucks though for the amount of time he has the ball. I think Hulls took some big leaps last year as well. Plus Elston was siginificantly better from freshman to sophomore. Watford has shown steady progression.

The proof will be in the pudding for Crean the next two years, we're either a top 3 or 4 Big Ten team in 2012 or he's gonna be in trouble.

Heisenberg
10-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Hammons is the kid who was originally at Carmel right? If so, I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about him. From a lot of what I read, he certainly doesn't seem like a "Purdue" type though. However, if I'm thinking of the right guy his talent is through the roof so if he pans out he's probably worth the risk, the old rule of you can win as long as you only have one crazy person on the team.

Also, it'd be sort of shcoking to me if Harris ends up at Purdue, they've been pretty firmly #4 on the list every time you check on him. Granted IU has pretty much been firmly #4a so I don't think he'll end up in state.Yeah, Hammons is the Carmel kid that went to Oak Hill in VA for his senior year. I don't know what you mean by "crazy type," just seems kind of lazy from what I understand, not mentally unstable or something. Some AAU message board watchers (always reliable) sorta make it sound like Hammons needs a fire lit under his ***, just not a self motivator. We all know Painter has no problem making his guys earn court time, probably the single thing I like most about him. Don't see any "risk" with him, not anymore than those that come with any recruit anyway.

On Harris, #4 on whose list? The order they're listed on Scout/Rivals/ESPN? Like I said before, there's absolutely no way to get a credible read on the kid. The kid could go to Wabash and it wouldn't shock me. OK, it would, but I'm just saying there's nothing to do but guess. Ronnie Johnson (who I think I'm going to adore as a PG) and Rapeal Davis as AAU teammates can't hurt though.

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 01:26 AM
No, not the order they're listed, just the inside scuttle butt. You say Harris has kept his recruitment under wraps, I say that for the most part he's been considered a pretty out in the open Michigan State lean for most his recruitment. I have access to the Peegs paid board, and while I'm not always the biggest Peegs fan there is no doubt the guy is connected and a lot of what I have read on there suggests Michigan State all the way. Kentucky is a late pusher and don't be surprised if he becomes this years "Teague".

Also, I've heard more about Hammons than just lazy, maybe crazy is the wrong way to put it, but the kid has been rumored to have some serious 'tude problems. I'm not doubting that Painter can control him, but the kid's definitely got some question marks around him. It's why he is a 4 star and not a 5 star because he has 5 star talent.

Foul on Smits
10-14-2011, 04:55 AM
What on Earth makes you think that?

PSU offense if horrible. They're not in the top 50 in passing or running. They are 93rd in points scored ( 21.5 ) . You would think that's because they played great defenses, but actually, they only scored 16 against IU and 13 against Iowa, 10 against Temple.

Terbush might be the best QB on the field.

PSU might be without there best receiver, Derrick Moye

I'm not sure what offense Purdue runs, but it looks like the one Florida ran with Percy Harvin being the focus playmaker. I think Purdue needs to get Antavian Edison involved more. Get the ball to him on more down screens and let him make plays.

I feel like if Purdue doesn't turn the ball over, 20 points could win this game. Field Goals will feel like touchdowns, because PSU has an outstanding defense, but there offense is bad, so field goals will add up.

Really?
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
@Trader Joe

I think Hulls was better than most of the people on the team his freshman year but did not get the PT he should have at first, he is actually and has been my favorite player on their team. I just do not see it with Jones, seems his shot selection still sucks, he is still turnover prone, he dribbles to much, and he luckily does not get called for carrying the ball as much as he does.

@everyone

Hammons from what I seen is pretty much what you guys have mentioned, a lot of talent, and questionable motor. I think he likes basketball though, and if he wants to continue to get time playing in Painters system then that definitely will change.

Harris, I know the family is looking for the best fit but I mean I just think that if the choice were Purdue he would have made the jump. As far as who ranks highest on his list, no one really knows at all, I mean it is writers ideas to assume and try to put together things that suggest a player will do this or that. I think in the next couple of weeks we will have a good idea, everyone though player X coming to Purdue and then he went to a school up in Michigan. Just saying.

Heisenberg
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
The school up in Michigan also gave away a scholarship to a PG buddy that didn't deserve it. Just syaing.

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Are you guys speaking in code? haha

Heisenberg
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
infiltratorway! opstay ethay andenbray awsonday alktay!

cdash
10-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm late to this, but I think Hammons is a great pickup for Purdue. He seems like the type of guy who has all kinds of potential, he just needs someone to get it out of him. Painter showed with JaJuan Johnson that he can develop big men. Great pickup for the Boilers. I really like that one.

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Hammons is actually more polished than JaJuan was from a talent stand point.

Really?
10-14-2011, 11:14 AM
They are also two different style of big man, Purdue has been looking for this for a long time now. Johnson was decent in the low post but did not have the strength or build to compete down there like Hammons does. Hammons is a true center while Johnson is more of a 4 almost 3 position.

Really?
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Just thought of something, I will be excited for 2012

Line up

Barlow/Johnson/Hart(Hale)/Lawson/Carroll

With Backups being

R Johnson/T Johnson/Davis/Hale/Hammons

I like how that group sounds.

Of course if Harris comes then things will be a little different.

Trader Joe
10-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm just excited that the IU/Purdue rivalry has a chance to be the other premier rivalry in the country alongside UNC/Duke again. IU/UK could be really good too. Ah, give me some hoops!

EDIT: I think Hammons will start.

Heisenberg
10-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Hammons is actually more polished than JaJuan was from a talent stand point.
Honestly, JJ had pretty close to no basketball talent as a freshman. Insane athlete, but that was really about it. The year to year improvements that kid made were incredible. I don't mean to diminish Painter or anything, clearly he played a huge role in JJ's development, but not ever kid's going to have a work ethic like that. Once is a point, two's a trend.

Heisenberg
10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
you forgot Jay Simpson Really? He's probably (should be) better than either of Hale and Lawson. Between Hale, Lawson, Simpson, and Hammons there should finally be some nice depth with the bigs.

Really?
10-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah sure did forget about Jay, I think he will come off the bench his first year for sure, he is still learning how to play effective with his asthma. If Lawson can get back to the athletic form he showed before the injury I think he has potential to be very good, more of a tweener though, him and Hale.

I also think at the beginning of the season Carroll will be starting, I could see Hammons possibly making a push for a lot of playing time near the end of his freshman year. With his work ethic I could see his first year a s a long learning experience.

Different topic but I hope that Jay working with Hanner and Raphel will really help him out and get him into better shape. He could turn out to be the best player in the recruiting class, I still think Hammons is the only one with NBA potential though.

Foul on Smits
10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Predicting - Purdue 13 PSU 21

Foul on Smits
10-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Wow. Danny Hope is so horrible.

Foul on Smits
10-15-2011, 02:34 PM
That was not an interception. I can't believe that ruling stood.

Really?
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Hopefully we get this 2pt conversion

Really?
10-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Why did he drop his head... all he had to do was look up and throw it to the receiver.

Really?
10-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Special team sucks, they do not understand contain...

Really?
10-15-2011, 03:14 PM
No need to go for it right there, your d has been playing good, there are 2 min left, and you have 3 timeouts...

I do not understand that... oh well on, to the next one.

dal9
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
demote hope to recruiting coordinator, hire a head coach that can manage a game, fire gibboney, etc etc etc

dal9
10-15-2011, 08:02 PM
at we didnt lose 17-7 to a team that completed 1 pass all game...

#bringbacktheforwardpass

Really?
10-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Derek Willis no favorite yet...?

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/10/16/derek-willis-has-no-favorite-after-visits/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JodyDemling-RecruitingBlog+%28Jody+Demling+-+Recruiting+blog%29?

Heisenberg
10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Forget Willis. That kid's going to be enrolled at 3 schools before his eligibility ends.

Heisenberg
10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Hammons had some quotes a couple days ago, think in the Journal Courier, said he wanted to go somewhere that'd push him, direct quote. Talk's cheap, but gotta love the attitude and recognizing a weakness.

Really?
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Happy to see that Hammons is coming in with that mindset.

As far as Willis I saw this guy play in person, Kid is bad, like Big Ten player of the year potential type bad, I would love for him to come to Purdue. He would be the best recruit that Purdue has picked up in the Painter error. He impressed me more than Gary Harris.

cdash
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd be shocked if Willis went anywhere besides Louisville or Kentucky.

Trader Joe
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
At this point I'd be shocked if Harris doesn't go to Kentucky as well. Peegs hinted on the IU forums, that while Gary's parents seem to like the idea of IU, PU, or MSU better that Gary is seriously buying into the one and done promise from UK.

Really?
10-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd be shocked if Willis went anywhere besides Louisville or Kentucky.

That is what I thought at first well Kentucky only, but now I think it is a lot more open than what it seemed like before.

I think the only reason Louisville is in it is because it is 30 min from where he lives; he would be close to fam, they could see all his games along with his friends.

Just for reference sake

UK 1.5 hrs
IU 2.5 hrs
PU 3.6 hrs

I think this is the biggest think holding Purdue back actually.

Really?
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
At this point I'd be shocked if Harris doesn't go to Kentucky as well. Peegs hinted on the IU forums, that while Gary's parents seem to like the idea of IU, PU, or MSU better that Gary is seriously buying into the one and done promise from UK.

He won't be one and done, personally I think he has too much to work on to make that jump after his first year, possibly second. But again I would take all this stuff that you hear from these people knowing direct information about what a player is thinking with a couple grains of salt...

cdash
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Yeah I tend to agree as well.

I'm not even sure Calipari really has to cheat for these guys anymore. That makes me sad.

Trader Joe
10-17-2011, 10:44 PM
He won't be one and done, personally I think he has too much to work on to make that jump after his first year, possibly second. But again I would take all this stuff that you hear from these people knowing direct information about what a player is thinking with a couple grains of salt...

I think you guys are a little bit in denial about Harris. If he was gonna stay in state he would have done it by now.

Also, Peegs has nailed pretty much everything else so far about the 2012 class.

Really?
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I think you guys are a little bit in denial about Harris. If he was gonna stay in state he would have done it by now.

Also, Peegs has nailed pretty much everything else so far about the 2012 class.

I thought that as well about the instate comment, but I could only see that for Purdue, I think I realized that fact that I was in denial that he if Purdue was the choice he would have went there by now. I think a lot of this has to do with the parents as well. Teaching your child to look at all of his options before he makes his final decision and I think that is what he will do. The thing with recruits is that there are so many factors that scouts will never have any knowledge of. With a kid making a decision I think it is often either something they have been thinking about forever or one of those clarity moments.

I guess I am kind of happy now that Purdue gets commitments from most of its players pretty early, so I do not have to typically be involved in the will he come to our school stuff. Just from this year alone I am kind of getting wore out on it, lol.

Heisenberg
10-21-2011, 10:52 AM
<object width="480" height="390" id="mycbsiplayer__JgrAMitmP54yCpddO7LtTnFYaspM9It" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="mycbsiplayer" data="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="src" value="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="flashvars" value="width=480&amp;height=270&amp;compAdsEnabled=true&amp;compAdW=3 00&amp;compAdH=60&amp;pid=_JgrAMitmP54yCpddO7LtTnFYaspM9It &amp;partner=cbssports&amp;autoplay=false&amp;server=http://www.cbssports.com&amp;smode=fit&amp;uvpc=http://sports.cbsimg.net/video/uvp/config/uvp_default.xml&amp;imageServer=http://sports.cbsimg.net&amp;contEx=share,embed,related,sep5, sep6,sep8&amp;fireOverlays=true"></object>

Foul on Smits
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Purdue clearly has the talent. They ran into a fantastic defense and bad weather last week and only lost by five. Now they're handing it to Illinois.

Foul on Smits
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Terbush is having the game of his life right now.

Really?
10-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I hope we can keep this lead.

Heisenberg
10-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Who the hell are these guys?

Really?
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Purdue clearly has the talent. They ran into a fantastic defense and bad weather last week and only lost by five. Now they're handing it to Illinois.

Yeah last weeks game sucked should have been a win, oh well could have been back to back wins over top 25 teams... hope that we go bowling again.

cdash
10-22-2011, 01:10 PM
The Illini are showing their true colors finally.

Heisenberg
10-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Take every complaint you've had this year and flip it basically. This is weird.

idioteque
10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Illinois is just terrible, they never had any business being ranked, I've been saying this all year. Not to take anything away from Purdue, they're playing really well.

cdash
10-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Illinois is just terrible, they never had any business being ranked, I've been saying this all year. Not to take anything away from Purdue, they're playing really well.

I agree. They are a complete farce.

Really?
10-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Indiana and Iowa or OSU and we will be going bowling... good times. Should have beat rice and PSU by the way could have been 6-1 right now.

cdash
10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Indiana and Iowa or OSU and we will be going bowling... good times. Should have beat rice and PSU by the way could have been 6-1 right now.

This is surely how your AD sees it. Contract extension for Hope!

Really?
10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Lol I think if we can some how pull out 7 wins this season he will actually get an extension.

I doubt that with the play of the second half especially with the stalled offense that we even have a shot.

Foul on Smits
10-24-2011, 04:55 AM
So hyped about this win. News Flash, Purdue has a pretty damn good defense. Short has been amazing this season. Might be 1st Team All-American good.

Really?
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
So hyped about this win. News Flash, Purdue has a pretty damn good defense. Short has been amazing this season. Might be 1st Team All-American good.

They are getting better, but until they can prove it week in and week out, not sure that I am buying the good defense part. Anyways happy that we grabbed the win.

cdash
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
They are getting better, but until they can prove it week in and week out, not sure that I am buying the good defense part. Anyways happy that we grabbed the win.

Yeah I know this is going to come off as me trolling--but I wouldn't get too excited if I were you guys. IU even played Penn State close. They are easily the worst 1 loss team in the country. Their offense is abysmal. I'm still trying to figure out how they dropped 30+ on Northwestern. Illinois has been a farce all season. They had one decent win against Arizona State, an okay team, but the Sun Devils outplayed them that entire game. It's amazing the Illini won that game. Couple that with squeaky wins against teams like Western Michigan and such...yeah. They were a farce.

All that said, you guys are actually showing improvement as the season goes on. The hilariously named TerBush seems like he might be a decent QB for you guys.

BRushWithDeath
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Agreed.

Purdue still isn't good at all.

Though, were it not for a blocked FG against Rice (amidst a comedy of errors by both the players and coaches) they'd be a bowl elgible team thanks to their schedule.

I originally said the Purdue/IU game was a toss up and I was leaning towards IU since they were at home. That's changed. Purdue is a markedly better team than IU. That doesn't mean they'll win. Purdue has certainly showed more than an ability to lose games it should win. But that IU game is one it should win. I'm not ready to put IU with Minnesota in the worst Big Ten team of all-time discussion, but they're close.

cdash
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Agreed.

Purdue still isn't good at all.

Though, were it not for a blocked FG against Rice (amidst a comedy of errors by both the players and coaches) they'd be a bowl elgible team thanks to their schedule.

I originally said the Purdue/IU game was a toss up and I was leaning towards IU since they were at home. That's changed. Purdue is a markedly better team than IU. That doesn't mean they'll win. Purdue has certainly showed more than an ability to lose games it should win. But that IU game is one it should win. I'm not ready to put IU with Minnesota in the worst Big Ten team of all-time discussion, but they're close.

Yeah, I agree. I actually think our offense is getting better with Tre Roberson at QB, but our defense is a complete mess and the more I watch, the more I agree that we are a poorly coached team. That's not necessarily an indictment on Wilson, but I question his coordinators, especially the defensive guys. Stupid penalties kill us too, and that's always a sign of a poorly coached/young team. Purdue should beat IU, but it's a rivalry game and it's in Bloomington, so anything can happen.

Heisenberg
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Apparently one of Jacob Lawson and Donnie Hale MAY redshirt. Not too sure I agree with that. The froncourt's already thin on talent and experience. I know there's the annual report of Sandi Marcius progressing well and yada yada but until he actually shows it on the floor it's just more talk.

Dab
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
That would be rough for Hale . . . he's already waited a year to play.

dal9
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I hear Bade's coming back

/green, fine.

Really?
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah I know this is going to come off as me trolling--but I wouldn't get too excited if I were you guys. IU even played Penn State close. They are easily the worst 1 loss team in the country. Their offense is abysmal. I'm still trying to figure out how they dropped 30+ on Northwestern. Illinois has been a farce all season. They had one decent win against Arizona State, an okay team, but the Sun Devils outplayed them that entire game. It's amazing the Illini won that game. Couple that with squeaky wins against teams like Western Michigan and such...yeah. They were a farce.

All that said, you guys are actually showing improvement as the season goes on. The hilariously named TerBush seems like he might be a decent QB for you guys.

I will say the difference to me with the Penn State situation is that Purdue went to PSU one of the hardest places to play, I think, and almost pulled out a victory. That says a lot more to me than coming close to beating them at home.

With that being said we can play this game with Iowa as well. They have put up points this year but do not have the typically strong defense that they normally have. Also their losses this year have came on the road, one come at the hands of those horrible Nittany Lions.

OSU is showing better but their offense is still a question mark, I still think they have a big upperhand on us for the matchup.

I think Mich and Wisconson will beat us up pretty good, which will help OSU out, I propose us beating Iowa at home and using that momentum to go down to IU and beat them to lock up a spot.

Really?
10-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Apparently one of Jacob Lawson and Donnie Hale MAY redshirt. Not too sure I agree with that. The froncourt's already thin on talent and experience. I know there's the annual report of Sandi Marcius progressing well and yada yada but until he actually shows it on the floor it's just more talk.

Yeah hopefully they don't. I mean bigs will be okay but i just like how many different lineups that gives us with both of those guys active.

dal9
10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
^^OSU offense has to improve dramatically before it can be called a question mark. If you haven't seen any of their games, it is bad beyond belief.

Heisenberg
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
That would be rough for Hale . . . he's already waited a year to play.
Man, didn't even consider that. I don't mean to plant any seeds or anything, but if wanted to be a Boilermaker bad enough to go to prep school until there was a scholarship for me, then I got redshirted, I'd probably at least think about a transfer.

I'm just not really a fan of redshirting in basketball in general, an argument could me made sitting John Hart has put us in a tough spot.

ECKrueger
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Painter on the upcoming season:

Head coach Matt Painter addressed the 2011-2012 season outlook at Purdue Basketball media day on Tuesday. Here’s what he had to say:

On the team’s identity:

“We have three seniors that have started full seasons,” Painter said. “Our best offensive team and our best defensive team are two separate teams. That’s where we lie right now. You like one group at one end of the court and you like another group on one end of the court.”

On the defense:

“Our best defensive player is, without question, Kelsey Barlow,” Painter said. “Lew (Jackson) does a good job of putting pressure on the ball, but he’s very disruptive in the half court. Him and Rob (Hummel) were the only two guys that played at a high level in our scrimmage the other day. Terone (Johnson) is hampered by his injury, coming off the meniscus surgery in August, so he doesn’t have his conditioning, doesn’t quite move as much as he’s capable.

“I’ve always thought Rob Hummel was under-appreciated as a defensive player. But he’s a good team defensive guy. He knows what’s going on. He can communicate these things and does a good job stopping the basketball. Ryne Smith has had to work awfully hard to get in the game from the defensive standpoint. I don’t look at him as a stopper, but he’s a cerebral guy, knows what’s going on, knows the scouting report.”

On Lewis Jackson:

“He hurt his foot and why he’s out is he sprained his ankle,” Painter said. “He’s been able to push through some things and we took him out of some of the workouts in the fall. I’m not concerned with it as much. You just don’t want it to nag the whole year. It might be one of those things where it does nag him the rest of the year, with that being said, that’s kind of par for the course. It’s not enough to keep him out.

“Lew’s a competitor. He’s a tough kid. When you have those kind of characteristics, I normally don’t worry about you.”

On freshmen Donnie Hale and Jacob Lawson:

“They both can can help us with their athleticism,” Painter said. “They’re simply going to have to beat out some people ... There was a big recruiting tool in saying we were going to lose 35 minutes that now we haven’t lost. Both of them understand that’s their position.

“Trying to get figured out what’s best for them and what’s best for us might be two different things, because there’s only so many minutes at that spot unless we play incredibly small.”

On redshirting Hale or Lawson:

“Yeah, I would think so,” Painter said. “It’s something I don’t talk to those guys about until we get through the exhibition games. They both could play well in the exhibition games. As a coach, you want to do what’s best for them.”

On Lawson’s Achilles:

“I think the one thing that happens a lot with young guys is system overload,” Painter said. “You throw so many things at them in terms of your rules and your principles on defense. You’re making them run hard every time, you’re making them play hard on defense. You’re holding them accountable and it’s hard. You see the smoke coming out of their ears at practice.

“We recruited him for his motor, for his energy, for his high athleticism, but we just have to get him on the same page as everyone else. It’s hard for guys like that to make that adjustment. He’s got a long way to go, but all freshmen have a long way to go. I felt the same way about guys that have been All-Conference as freshmen. It’s a hard thing. The one thing about guys with athleticism and talent is you always want more from them. Jacob’s a very, very talented guy, but he still has to learn our system. His effects from his Achilles, you see the flashes. You don’t see it continuous.”

http://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/mens/basketball/article_6af1fe7a-3a76-55d5-b0b0-4acacdd12cb3.html

I would think Lawson would maybe be redshirted before Hale, but ya the frount court is kinda iffy as it is.

Foul on Smits
10-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Can Purdue beat Michigan? I'm not convinced they can't.

Mackey_Rose
10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Can Purdue beat Michigan? I'm not convinced they can't.

In the Big House? No chance. None.

Foul on Smits
10-29-2011, 12:44 AM
There's something about this Purdue team. They have talent. The defense is really good. Terbush has grown from the first game. He's managing this team a lot better. I actually get what they're trying to do on offense. I don't think Terbush makes the best decisions with the option reads, but he's improving.

Purdue's defensive line, especially the DT's ,are really good.

Denard Robinson is great when he's running, but his passing sucks and Michigan let's him do too much of it. It finally caught up with him against MSU. I was telling my buddy who's a ND fan, that Robinson wasnt passing all over them because he's a great passer. He was passing all over them because ND's db's sucked. All his big passes were toss ups where his receivers went and got. He throws floaters. If he does that tommorow, Purdue can win.

Also, Purdue wasn't to phased by going into a hostile Happy Valley and playing in crappy wind. I doubt " The Big House " will overwhelm them.

pacer4ever
10-29-2011, 12:48 AM
There's something about this Purdue team. They have talent. The defense is really good. Terbush has grown from the first game. He's managing this team a lot better. I actually get what they're trying to do on offense. I don't think Terbush makes the best decisions with the option reads, but he's improving.

Purdue's defensive line, especially the DT's ,are really good.

Denard Robinson is great when he's running, but his passing sucks and Michigan let's him do too much of it. It finally caught up with him against MSU. I was telling my buddy who's a ND fan, that Robinson wasnt passing all over them because he's a great passer. He was passing all over them because ND's db's sucked. All his big passes were toss ups where his receivers went and got. He throws floaters. If he does that tommorow, Purdue can win.

Also, Purdue wasn't to phased by going into a hostile Happy Valley and playing in crappy wind. I doubt " The Big House " will overwhelm them.

Are you watching the same team im watching??

ECKrueger
10-30-2011, 01:09 AM
... at least basketball starts Tuesday...

Speaking of basketball, this is absolutely ridiculous:

In a bit of stunning news Saturday, considering the personal battled endured over the last year, it was announced Saturday evening that Drey Mingo has torn her ACL and is likely out for the season.

The injury, which occurred during Purdue's closed Saturday's scrimmage vs. Indiana State in Terre Haute, is a huge blow to the Boilermakers, who opened the first Associate Press poll, released earlier in the day, at No. 17.

Although Purdue says it's not yet been determined whether Mingo will apply for a sixth year, the chances of success of such a venture would appear to be minimal; the senior's career at Purdue is likely over.

It's the latest in a trying past 11 months for Mingo. In November, she fell ill with bacterial meningitis, with doctors giving her a 50-50 shot at survival. She spent a week in the hospital, but lived, returning to the court to become one of the Big Ten's best post players for the last month of the season.

The injury is the second ACL to a Boilermaker in the last two seasons, and third in the last five. Point guard KK Houser tore hers in the third minute of the opener last season, sitting her for the year. Of course, Purdue had been besieged by ACLs in the last few athletic seasons, with Robbie Hummel twice on the men's basketball team; Robert Marve, Keith Smith, Ralph Bolden and Rob Henry and others for the football team; and Anna Drewry for volleyball.

What. The. Heck.

ECKrueger
11-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Any one see the exhibition game? I think Hummel is back. Sandi, Carrol, and Hale looked like they could make a decent front court. Also, can't wait to see AJ in action more, that kid can score.

Heisenberg
11-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Any one see the exhibition game? I think Hummel is back. Sandi, Carrol, and Hale looked like they could make a decent front court. Also, can't wait to see AJ in action more, that kid can score.
Didn't see it, just followed the gamecast. Carroll putting up a dozen in limited minutes was nice, but 0 boards ain't gonna cut it. Am pretty excited about AJ, does seem like he can fill it up.

Like I said though, didn't actually see it. It's on BTN Wednesday at 4pm, head's up.

Foul on Smits
11-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm just praying Robbie stays healthy. Not because I want Purdue to be great ( I do ), but because it would be a cruel twist of fait if he gets hurt again.

Dab
11-02-2011, 10:30 AM

I watched it and was pretty pleased. Obviously it's just an exhibition, but one think I can say for sure is that I hope neither Lawson nor Hale take a redshirt.

Dab
11-02-2011, 08:47 PM
It doesn't really mean a whole lot, but Northern State defeats Butler tonight on a last-second three.

Heisenberg
11-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Man, Northern State beat Butler

cdash
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
This says two things: Purdue is better than Butler, and Butler probably won't be going to the NC game this year. That said, this is exhibition and Butler has lost to some questionable opponents the past few years. They'll be fine.

Pacersalltheway10
11-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Butler's got 7 new players. It's going to take time to mesh with each other. Many great teams have lost in these exhibition games. Syracuse lost to a DII school a couple of year ago. These kind of games are usually like the NCAA championship to these teams so you know there going to go hard especially against the runner ups. I definitely wouldn't count them out though. Butlers favorite time of the year is after New Year specifically March. Purdue is miles ahead of Butler.... for now at least.

OakMoses
11-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I was, for the most part, impressed.

It looks like Hummel, Carroll, Marcius, and Hale will make a pretty decent 4/5 rotation with a little bit of Lawson (if he doesn't redshirt) thrown in.

Lawson has a fantastic motor and special athletic gifts, but he doesn't seem to grasp the system yet on either end of the floor. If he winds up redshirting, it won't be the worst thing in the world even though it leaves the frontcourt pretty thin.

I hope Painter noticed that it was really bad when someone other than Jackson or Barlow was running the point. Terone and Anthony Johnson are not point guards, and I hope we never see them used that way during games that count.,

Speaking of Terone Johnson, he needs to start making some shots. I gave him the benefit of the doubt all last year, but if he doesn't start to finish, I think he's going to lose some major minutes to Anthony Johnson, who looks more ready to pick up the points left by Moore's departure.

I loved Barlow taking and winning the tip.

Foul on Smits
11-05-2011, 04:40 AM
according to the pattern, this should be a win week for Purdue.

cdash
11-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Jeez, Wisconsin feasts on defenses from the state of Indiana. They are parading all over you guys.

PS: You guys are getting screwed on these blatant pass interferences the refs are not calling.

ECKrueger
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
We had a good first quarter.

Really?
11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Late response to the game, but yeah I am on the same lines of thinking as you guys.

I don't want either redshirted.

Terone is not where he should be, does not really seem to run the point well, can not create his own shots, and misses open shots. I am worried that he will never get any better.

Bigs looked good, I am happy with Sandi's play, I like that we have a physical big man, the jumps that he has mad with his agility have been remarkable.

Heisenberg
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Washburn says it's between the good guys and Michigan State for Gary Harris

https://twitter.com/#!/JeffWashburnJC/status/134049316896653313 (https://twitter.com/#%21/JeffWashburnJC/status/134049316896653313)

On the eve of signing day, it appears Gary Harris will decide between Michigan State and Purdue. One report is that Harris tells KY no.

Hopefully the proximity to home and the family ties do it. Playing Harris AND Dawson would suck.

ECKrueger
11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
There are a ton of "reports" out there. I don't think any one really knows although I would guess MSU or PU.

cdash
11-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I've also read "reports" where it's down to UK and MSU. None of this stuff means ****.

For the record, I think IU is out. I do think it is probably between MSU and PU, and I think he will ultimately pick MSU.

ECKrueger
11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I've also read "reports" where it's down to UK and MSU. None of this stuff means ****.

For the record, I think IU is out. I do think it is probably between MSU and PU, and I think he will ultimately pick MSU.

I think it would be very difficult for him to go to iu. I think State and Purdue are pretty close, but I'll give us a slight edge. I know it is important to be near home to him. Other than that I am just guessing. Although that is what every one else is doing too. I don't believe any reports that come out.

cdash
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Word is leaking out that it looks like it's going to be Michigan State. Tough loss for you guys. That could have given you another class to build on like the Hummel/Johnson/Moore class. Either way, you will be fine. Painter gets the most out of his players.

ECKrueger
11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
It does sound like MSU, but I'm not completely sold yet. Just like when Painter to Missouri was a sure thing.

cdash
11-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I still like your class even without him. As I'm sure you guys can tell (as I don't hide it), I have great respect for Matt Painter as a coach and he has proven he can develop players that weren't highly ranked. All AJ Hammons needs is motivation and proper coaching. With that, I think he could be a really good player. Solid, under the radar pickup.

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I get the Izzo resume, but if the stuff about him wanting to be close to home and be familiar with future teammates is true then State doesn't make a ton of sense. I dunno, I won't believe it until there's some kind of actual announcement. Maybe I'm just in denial, we'll see.

Trader Joe
11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I think you Purdue guys are in denial.

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 08:00 PM
dammit

Trader Joe
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Told ya, do cdash and I get a cookie?

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Screw off

Trader Joe
11-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Well that's a rational reaction. Jeez, it's not like he went to IU or anything.

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Think that's irrational don't look up Painter's daughter's reaction. I know you're just a high school kid Maggie, but c'mon.

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm just going to blame Danny hope for getting smoked by ND during his visit.

cdash
11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm just going to blame Danny hope for getting smoked by ND during his visit.

:laugh:

Michigan State is a thorn in your sides. First Branden Dawson now Gary Harris.

You guys will be fine. You guys have a really nice class. It's not as ballyhooed as IU's, but it's solid. I'm a bigger Jay Simpson fan than most too. I like that kid. Think there's room for development there.

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't mean to sound down on the incoming four guys, I'm extremely happy to have all of them, especially Ronnie Johnson. Losing Dawson sucked, but hey it happens. But I'd be a bald faced liar if I said losing a dual legacy recruit who'd immediately be the go to guy and be not much more than an hour from home to an out of state program, regardless of how good they are, didn't trouble me.

cdash
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't mean to sound down on the incoming four guys, I'm extremely happy to have all of them, especially Ronnie Johnson. Losing Dawson sucked, but hey it happens. But I'd be a bald faced liar if I said losing a dual legacy recruit who'd immediately be the go to guy and be not much more than an hour from home to an out of state program, regardless of how good they are, didn't trouble me.

If you want to go down there...Glenn Robinson III. Since he picked Michigan he has quietly blossomed into one of the top players in the state. Another legacy recruit that would be a go-to guy. I agree, it would sting you guys more than us. IU fans are no different. Remember Sean May? :laugh:

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Right, but Purdue never really went after Big Dog 3 for whatever reason. At least with May there was the rumors about Knight threatening to cut Scott May out of his circle or whatever it was. Who knows the validity of that but it's at least a reason that doesn't reflect on the perception of the program.

Whatever, at least it's over.

Trader Joe
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM
What did Painter's daughter say?

Heisenberg
11-09-2011, 10:11 PM
That she hopes Harris gets run over a train.

She said it was a play on words type joke, Purdue, train. Which, honestly is pretty clever. But still, poor execution.

cdash
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Harris' final call was between Michigan State and IU. I wish I didn't know that now.

Trader Joe
11-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Harris' final call was between Michigan State and IU. I wish I didn't know that now.

:whistle:

Heisenberg
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Either anonymously sourced reports are true and reliable or they aren't. Make up your minds.

Not that it matters who the first loser is anyway.

ECKrueger
11-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Ya, I still think all the reports are sketchy. Pretty disappointed he didn't come here, but I guess it did seem kind of likely he would go there. Definitely glad it was not iu or uk. Worst part is all the idiots who are saying some pretty mean stuff to him now.

@thats_G_ Gary Harris
Going from being loved to hated in a matter of minutes? Its all good just motivates me even more
11 hours ago via Plume Favorite Reply
replies ↓

@thats_G_ Hoosier fan here Gary. Congrats on ur commit, good kid , good school! Do ur thing!

@thats_G_ keep motivated and give them sore LHoosiers a couple of beat downs this year!!! #GoCats

@thats_G_ just so u kno..u just chose to be disloyal to ur state and not go to the school with the best fans n the nation #gohoosiers

@thats_G_ hey can u get me some tickets and I got money on u going one in done #msu

@thats_G_ Wish u well... In the pros :). Gonna have to beat u for now. All good though. Still think u would look in Gold@Black. #boilerup.

@thats_G_ you're a traitor to your state. That being said, best of luck, can't wait to beat you twice next year. #unfollow

@thats_G_ Haters gonna Hate.

@thats_G_ good luck being a Sparty. Ozzo is a great coach and has prove it over time. Why are Hoosiers 1-15 big ten record so arrogant

Trader Joe
11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Jeff Rabjohns is the one who reported that it was down to MSU and IU, he posts on the Peegs board all the time. The Peegs board is extremely well connected and is who I trust for all my recruiting news. even for purdue fans it can be a valuable resource. HSE's coach is the one who said it was between MSU and IU fyi.

Trader Joe
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Either anonymously sourced reports are true and reliable or they aren't. Make up your minds.

Not that it matters who the first loser is anyway.

I don't know exactly what the first part means? I would have always bet if my life depended on it that his final decision would be between MSU and IU, and that he would pick MSU. I never once said I expected him to pick IU over MSU.

Foul on Smits
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Hoosier fans can be rediculous sometimes. He's a kid. It's the biggest choice of his life. And it's his. I think sometimes fans forget that.

Trader Joe
11-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes, because the Hoosier fans are the only ones doing that.... :rolleyes:

Foul on Smits
11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
They've had a history of this stuff though. But you're right.

Heisenberg
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't know exactly what the first part means? I would have always bet if my life depended on it that his final decision would be between MSU and IU, and that he would pick MSU. I never once said I expected him to pick IU over MSU.
Washburn said it was down to State and Purdue, you and cdash brushed it off. But peegs says it so it must be true.

cdash
11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Washburn said it was down to State and Purdue, you and cdash brushed it off. But peegs says it so it must be true.

Perhaps because it is sourced and quoted directly from his high school coach?

Honestly in this battle it seems the sour grapes are coming much more from the Boiler side than the Hoosier side. Which makes sense, we didn't need him like you guys did. Losing out on Harris, for Purdue, would have been like IU losing out on Zeller last year.

Trader Joe
11-10-2011, 01:49 PM

No, Rabjohns said it and sourced the HSE Men's Head Basketball coach. Peegs didn't say a damn thing, it was just posted on Peegs.com.

Really?
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Perhaps because it is sourced and quoted directly from his high school coach?

Honestly in this battle it seems the sour grapes are coming much more from the Boiler side than the Hoosier side. Which makes sense, we didn't need him like you guys did. Losing out on Harris, for Purdue, would have been like IU losing out on Zeller last year.

Nope it is like losing out on Dawson, and next year losing out on Derek Willis for the 2nd time, lol smh

Dab
11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I haven't seen Hale in the game yet, but I haven't watched the whole thing. Sure looks like he's getting the shirt though, since Lawson has seen plenty of time.

Dab
11-11-2011, 10:16 PM
from the goldandblack.com twitter feed:

#Purdue Matt Painter said he will 'wait and see' through five games or so but it 'looks that way' that freshman Donnie Hale will redshirt.

http://twitter.com/#!/GoldandBlackcom/status/135184423896358913

Heisenberg
11-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I suppose I'll take that outcome. NIU's just not any good, 8 freshmen, first year coach, can barely call them a cupcake. Hummel looked great though, like nothing ever happened to his knee really. And holy hell, Marcius looks like a basketball player! Rebounding's going to continue to be a problem. Wish AJ Hammons was in this class.

I honestly feel bad for Hale. The kid's going to be almost 21 before he plays a minute of NCAA ball. Helluva lot to ask of the guy.

Foul on Smits
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Boilermakers bowl chances very much alive right now. Is OSU ranked?

dal9
11-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I honestly feel bad for Hale. The kid's going to be almost 21 before he plays a minute of NCAA ball. Helluva lot to ask of the guy.
****, I'm almost 30 and still waiting!