PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars (4-2) at Colts (4-1) - 10/24/04

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Another big divisional game with the Jaguars occurs this week. Jacksonville visits Indy just three weeks after the Colts defeated the Jags at their place. A Colts win makes the Colts 3-0 in the division and gives the Ponies the tiebreaker against the Jags. A Jacksonville win will bump the Colts down to second in the division for the moment.

Other big NFL games today:

Jets at Patriots
Titans at Vikings
Falcons at Chiefs

:goponies:

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 10:40 AM
REMINDER: NFL Picks are due at 11:55 EST TODAY; the following posters still need to get their picks in: NumberSeven, Shade, naturallystoned, pollardfreek, and ahhteeth.

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Well, this has been a lackluster Sunday all around.

14-10 Colts, midway through the 3rd

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 03:05 PM
14-13 at the end of the 3rd, Jaguars on the Colts 8

The Ponies are using good teamwork today... helping one another fumble and everything. Gooooooo team!

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 03:27 PM
17-16 Colts, under 9 minutes remaining

God, what a penalty-filled mess.

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
24-17 Jaguars, 6:14 left

The Colts have just been manhandled in all phases today. The offense has moved the ball but has also made big mistakes.

I hope the Ponies have a comeback in them. Based upon their play up to now, I'd say it's not looking good.

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Well, the Colts tied it up with 3:52 to go... just enough time for the Jags to get into FG range...:shudder:

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, that was by far the worst game the Colts have played all year.

Natston
10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
I am so upset with the special teams right now. I lost count of how many times they set us up with horrid field position... :rolleyes:

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 04:21 PM
This game reminds me so much of the Carolina game last year. Stupid miskakes, ****-poor defense, and a game-winning long FG for the opponent. God dammit.

Natston
10-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I am so upset with the special teams right now. I lost count of how many times they set us up with horrid field position... :rolleyes:

When you rely on a kicker who can't keep the bal in air for more than 2 seconds, and can't kick past the 15, it's not really anyone else's fault but his (and the GM and coach who refuse to address the problem)....

I was referring to the return teams, because we were constantly starting behind the 20. The kick off team was the lesser of two evils today (whodatunkit?)...

obnoxiousmodesty
10-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Agreed. Dammit, it's been a sh*tty weekend for football fans in Indiana, hasn't it? ND loses, IU loses, Purdue loses, BSU loses, and now the Colts lose. All hail the coming of basketball season.

Natston
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM

When you rely on a kicker who can't keep the bal in air for more than 2 seconds, and can't kick past the 15, it's not really anyone else's fault but his (and the GM and coach who refuse to address the problem)....

I was referring to the return teams, because we were constantly starting behind the 20. The kick off team was the lesser of two evils today (whodatunkit?)...

Being without your only guy capable of returning kicks doesn't help.........

Of course, if we had MORE THAN ONE GUY ON THE ROSTER capable of doing so, it may not have been an issue...

It's tough in this age of free agency, to have at least one guy on your team that can wave his hand, catch the ball, and stand still in the endzone. :grumble:

Natston
10-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Agreed. Dammit, it's been a sh*tty weekend for footbally fans in Indiana, hasn't it? ND loses, IU loses, Purdue loses, BSU loses, and now the Colts lose. All hail the coming of basketball season.

And that asshat pointed that out at the start of the game, thus triple jinxing us... :shakehead:

Natston
10-24-2004, 04:47 PM
And to cap it off, I get the Boys/Packers game as the late game... :suicide:

Lord Helmet
10-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey at least you guys didn't go.I did :mad: we played putrid defense,our offense fumbled twice and the return coverage :suicide: we would start on our own 18 and they would start on their own 35.Next we get Kansas City which won today 56-10 (Looks like they got their game turned around.Then after that we get the Vikings in the Dome for MNF.I am so happy we have basketball season.Yes I agree obnox this game reminds me of the Panthers game last year which BTW I went to.