PDA

View Full Version : So Roy does read PD! Blowin up kid

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Roy Hibbert: I want to clarify to those on PD I am an American who played on the Jamaican team. Wikipedia has it wrong. That really grinds my gears.

Twitter

McKeyFan
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Vehwy intuhwesting.

ChristianDudley
08-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I wonder if he has an account also??

Brad8888
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Probably. At a bank or two. Possibly even one in Jamaica...

:D

It would be cool if he does have an account here on PD and could / would post here, especially during the lockout. It wouldn't even have to just be about basketball. We love you, Roy!

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
It wouldnt suprise me, lets go back through the posts and see who is Roy's biggest advocate

hmmmm :)

ballism
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I hereby want to make an official announcement.
I am Roy Hibbert.
You can praise me online or via letters @ Euromail, Rented Post Box no.1337. You can also mail me your jerseys, cards and basketballs for signatures. Please include 100$ per item for shipping costs.

Yours sincerely,
Roy

Brad8888
08-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I am Roy Hibbert.
You can praise me online or via letters @ Euromail, Rented Post Box no.1337. You can also mail me your jerseys, cards and basketballs for signatures. Please include 100$ per item for shipping costs.

Yours sincerely,
Roy

In my best "I'm Spartacus!" voice...

"I'm Roy Hibbert!"

Since86
08-04-2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=66100

It was three threads down....

imawhat
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

If he does, we can probably eliminate flox and O'Bird as possibilities.

Hicks
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM

I think this is fair; not everyone would have noticed this nugget of information if it was only left as a reply in that thread.

Since86
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Roy was clarifying something that he saw on PD. Wouldn't it be best to put the clarification in the thread that raised the question?

Justin Tyme
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Well if he indeed does read PD, then he's aware of how many posters feel about his lack of mental toughness, and how he needs to work on that aspect of his game to be a much better player in the future.

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry guys I am a little lazy, and aledgedly working

so I see something of intrest real quick and post it if I dont see an exisiting post on it

on another note..................

Man this is depressing Hunter said probably no season in 2011-2012

After 4 years of BS we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and this

xBulletproof
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
We knew this a long time ago. He's responded to things on here before.

Kstat
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I think this is fair; not everyone would have noticed this nugget of information if it was only left as a reply in that thread.

Translation: any time a Pacers player mentions PD, you can post as many threads about it was you want!

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Translation: any time a Pacers player mentions PD, you can post as many threads about it was you want!
?
why do you always have to be such a jerk?

why even post here as a piston fan?

I dont get you at all

ndcoltsnpacers
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM

I think you can hold the green. If I ran the board and got a shout out from a player it'd be pasted on the front page. Maybe even rename the site royhibbertreadsthis.com

Kegboy
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM

"I'm Roy Hibbert!"

And here I thought Tony Curtis was the the real Roy Hibbert. :blush:

http://thecampofthesaints.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/i-am-spartacus-375.jpg?w=375&h=200

Hitman02
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
If he meant the "grinds my gears" as a Family Guy line, that makes this shout out even better. Gotta love Roy

Kstat
08-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I think you can hold the green. If I ran the board and got a shout out from a player it'd be pasted on the front page. Maybe even rename the site royhibbertreadsthis.com

I think the green is mandatory in this situation, otherwise some anonymous lurker with an axe to grind might take it out of context....nah, on second thought, nobody's that gullible, right? Can you imagine?

God help us all if Brad Miller ever quotes PD.

LetsTalkPacers
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
did we need another thread for something that was already posted by redfoster in the Hibbert/Jamaican thread?

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure where this mystical "ehre" place is, but I'll take your word for it and stop posting there ASAP.

Your just nothing but a little man in a big world

always adjatating but strike me as a very insecure person who likes to try and belittle people over the internet

pathetitic

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM

dont even bother, he is just a unhappy smart ***

Kstat
08-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm trying to digest the fact someone just called me "pathetitic," and "adjatating".....

I don't even have a response to this. I'm floored.

LetsTalkPacers
08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Though I agree the thread is pointless, there's no need to be an absolute jerk about it.

Trader Joe
08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
I honestly think Kstat was just making a joke, thus green font.

Kstat
08-04-2011, 01:13 PM
:picardriker:

Kstat
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I honestly think Kstat was just making a joke, thus green font.

I may actually have to break out the three stooges, I swear....

Hopefully Picard and Riker will be enough.

pacergod2
08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Alright children.... you are both wonderful and valuable posters to this forum. Be happy. Be nice.

Roaming Gnome
08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
No need for name calling... Y'all know the rules 'round these parts!

pacergod2
08-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Duh... Duh... Duh.... (tumbleweed blows by) The Sheriff's in town boys. Better be on your way.

PS - Has anyone seen Cowboys vs. Aliens? Awesome modern day western of sorts.

Kstat
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
further proof that you can take a stupid concept and turn it into a great movie with competent writers and grade-A actors.

LetsTalkPacers
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Duh... Duh... Duh.... (tumbleweed blows by) The Sheriff's in town boys. Better be on your way.

PS - Has anyone seen Cowboys vs. Aliens? Awesome modern day western of sorts.
If by awesome, you mean lame. Then yes, otherwise I think we are talking about a different movie. Honestly it just did not live up to the hipe. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't good either. Just my opinion.

pacergod2
08-04-2011, 01:37 PM
If by awesome, you mean lame. Then yes, otherwise I think we are talking about a different movie. Honestly it just did not live up to the hipe. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't good either. Just my opinion.

I guess I had no expectations for the movie going into it, so I wasn't disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely changes the way people perceive movies.

LetsTalkPacers
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
i dont know I wasnt impressed.

Trader Joe
08-04-2011, 01:44 PM
PG2, I think you're the first person I've talked to that liked that movie.

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 01:54 PM

you are correct

However if someone is a consistenly trying to rile someone up without cause, that should be addressed as well

He knows what he does and why he does it

whatever though no worries

Trader Joe
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM
?

I dont know if thats a some type of dis or whatever

I guess your just intellectually superior to me

did I misspell or use improper grammer?

Dude, he wasn't even talking about you.

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Dude, he wasn't even talking about you.

maybe not

but I dont like him, and im sure the feeling is mutual

life goes on , my challenege is not to react

adamscb
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I am Roy Hibbert.

Yours sincerely,
Roy

so thats why you wanted me to elaborate on brian shaw on the previous thread, it all makes sense now!

Kstat
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
You're the one that ignored forum etiquette, jumped on something you took out of context, and then tried to play the victim in some strawman argument you set up for yourself.

but I dont like him, and im sure the feeling is mutual

perhaps you missed this part...

I think the green is mandatory in this situation, otherwise some anonymous lurker with an axe to grind might take it out of context.....

I don't like you or not like you. I didn't even know you existed until you started jumping on me.

We're not rivals, dude. We're not even acquaintances with a running disagreement. I'm not "challenging" you in any way, shape, or form. I wasn't even talking about you to begin with.

You invented an confrontation and reacted to your own imagination out of some grudge against me that nobody but you is aware of.

cgg
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
If he's upset about this I hope he never has to live through you questioning his defensive effort.

Kstat
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM
If he's upset about this I hope he never has to live through you questioning his defensive effort.

:laugh:

Ah, those were the days....

To be fair, you're actually a decent perimeter defender now....your technique has gotten better, bit by bit.

90'sNBARocked
08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
You're the one that ignored forum etiquette, jumped on something you took out of context, and then tried to play the victim in some strawman argument you set up for yourself.

perhaps you missed this part...

I don't like you or not like you. I didn't even know you existed until you started jumping on me.

We're not rivals, dude. We're not even acquaintances with a running disagreement. I'm not "challenging" you in any way, shape, or form. I wasn't even talking about you to begin with.

You invented an confrontation and reacted to your own imagination out of some grudge against me that nobody but you is aware of.

I just felt like I always was attacked by you

but the words you wrote above seem very sincere

My apologies, and thanks

now I feel like *** :(

Hicks
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
After this, I'm waiting for Roy to tweet that he's stopped reading PD.....

:picard:

RWB
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Blame it on Lance. :devil::devil:

Kegboy
08-04-2011, 03:37 PM

I'm gonna sit back and watch this become a Lance thread now.

:lurk2:

sportfireman
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Sooooooooooooo.............:rolleyes:

How about that Roy Hibbert, he sure is tall.....

pacergod2
08-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Roy,

Have you added any arc to your hook shot buddy? Half of those short ones that rolled off the rim last year would have had a better chance of going in.

Also, what conditioning regiment are you on this summer? Adding leg and hip strength? Improving lateral quickness? We have talked quite a bit about this.

Next time Lebron comes into the lane, I hope you crush him. Take the flagrant big fella. Send a message.

Constellations
08-04-2011, 04:05 PM

:mjpopcorn:

Eleazar
08-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Probably. At a bank or two. Possibly even one in Jamaica...

:D

It would be cool if he does have an account here on PD and could / would post here, especially during the lockout. It wouldn't even have to just be about basketball. We love you, Roy!

It would be cool, but it is probably best for a player to just look or post anonymously. I've seen first hand what posting on a forum can do to someone in the public eye, and it isn't pretty.

Sandman21
08-04-2011, 04:25 PM
It's time I owned up:

I'm Jim O'Br-Err.... Roy Hibbert!:laugh:

BTW, Eleazar hit the nail on the head. I got an Alabama candidate for the House of Representatives to threaten my physical well-being over a stupid video game last year. Needless to say, he didn't win. :D

wintermute
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM

"I'm Roy Hibbert!"

No, I'm Roy Hibbert! And so's my wife! :-p

Sorry, Monty Python joke.

Carry on :blush:

Justin Tyme
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
This just goes to show how BORING this lockout has made the off season!

SycamoreKen
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM

did we need another thread for something that was already posted by redfoster in the Hibbert/Jamaican thread?

I'm with Hicks on this one. I didn't read the other thread and like that this is separate because it is cool in its own right. While I don't like a million threads about the exact same thing, I don't think things need to be buried in threads that are worth comments of their own.

imbtyler
08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
After I saw Roy tweet something @PG24 about "how great he's gonna be", I knew that Hibs had been surfing the Digest. I don't really support such a thing, especially since PD can have mixed opinions about EVERY player. When dealing with someone whose mood/hunger/moxie has wavered over his short career, it would be advisable to, at least, teach him to use the negative commentary as fuel instead of letting it hurt him.

Although, it is pretty exciting that Roy spends time on here. I mean, he IS the only Pacer with a dedicated fan block in Conseco, so it doesn't really surprise me that he's interested in hearing what the fans are saying. That shows a lot about his character.

Roy, if you're reading any/all of this, please understand that we will always support you and the boys. Despite our comments, feelings, and "suggestions" to you, the team, and TPTB, all we can ask of you is to be the best player you can, play your hardest, and don't let each game get you down.

There are more than 100 possessions per team per game, 82 games in a regular season, and the Pacers are bound to be perennial playoff contenders; there's no reason to get upset over one bad play or a down game. Just get psyched for the next possession, the next game, or just next season (lockout pending), and we'll be supporting you guys no matter what.

Since86
08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm with Hicks on this one. I didn't read the other thread and like that this is separate because it is cool in its own right. While I don't like a million threads about the exact same thing, I don't think things need to be buried in threads that are worth comments of their own.

Roy said he was responding to PD. He made that perfectly clear. Obviously something on PD was said that needed to be clarified.

Doesn't it make sense to put the clarification in the thread where the mistake was made? The threads are directly related, not indirectly.

If you think it's petty, then fine. But there's a reason why threads are merged.

MnvrChvy
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
One thread was about Roy being part of the Jamaican team. This thread is about Roy reading PD. Two completely different subject matters. This one I wanted to read and the other I would have completely overlooked. (Technically we could just have one HUGE thread for people to complain about thread usurping. That way I wouldn't have to wade through all those comments to get to the ones about Roy and PD. )

Since86
08-05-2011, 02:01 PM
We already knew Roy reads PD.

ballism
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM

"We"? I didn't untill the tweet and I suspect there were a few more people like me.
Either way, I don't see why you have such a big problem with it.

Since86
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM
You should start operating under the assumption that Pacer players follow PD. It will help you out in the future.

Pacers have been reading PD all the way back to Anthony Johnson.

Hicks
08-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Roy said he was responding to PD. He made that perfectly clear. Obviously something on PD was said that needed to be clarified.

Doesn't it make sense to put the clarification in the thread where the mistake was made? The threads are directly related, not indirectly.

If you think it's petty, then fine. But there's a reason why threads are merged.

The fact that he reads the board is a bigger story than him clarifying something said in another thread.

Hicks
08-05-2011, 02:15 PM

You may have assumed so, but no, "we" didn't.

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow, its funny to me how some make mountains out of mole hills. I cant beleive that this is even being discussed. I didnt intentionally make a thread where it was posted elsewhere, I just didnt read the post on "Roy and the Jamaican team"

What I struggle to understand is how people get so bent out of shape at something so petty as this.

Isnt easier if you dont like/agree with a post to simply ignore it? Yet people will post over and over like a board meeting discussing the companys budget. I think its important to worry about a thread that might provoke anger or personal feelings, or one that is spam, or totally unrealtedd to basketball.

That wasnt the case here. Just my 2 cents

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
The fact that he reads the board is a bigger story than him clarifying something said in another thread.

That was my thinking Hicks,

God forgive me but I actally take pride in this site and the fact a Pacer player would spend time here , when most wont even read the star's sports section

I just thought it was cool as heck

Since86
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not bent out of shape. Admins merger similiar threads everyday for mutliple reasons. This one is directly related to the other thread, and IMHO should be merged.

If we want to keep seperate threads on every subject that's fine with me. Not my bandwidth it's using.

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not bent out of shape. Admins merger similiar threads everyday for mutliple reasons. This one is directly related to the other thread, and IMHO should be merged.

If we want to keep seperate threads on every subject that's fine with me. Not my bandwidth it's using.

I was not speaking directly to you, and you are more than entitled to your opinion, as I am mine

I think discussions , regardless of topic, can be heathly and constructive as long as they dont become personal attacks

Roaming Gnome
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Wow, its funny to me how some make mountains out of mole hills. I cant beleive that this is even being discussed. I didnt intentionally make a thread where it was posted elsewhere, I just didnt read the post on "Roy and the Jamaican team"

What I struggle to understand is how people get so bent out of shape at something so petty as this.

Isnt easier if you dont like/agree with a post to simply ignore it? Yet people will post over and over like a board meeting discussing the companys budget. I think its important to worry about a thread that might provoke anger or personal feelings, or one that is spam, or totally unrealtedd to basketball.

Just think how asinine this place is gonna get when summer draws to a close and folks start coming back because there is nothing to do other than get on each others nerves because of the lockout... :shrug:

Hicks
08-05-2011, 02:29 PM

I'm right there with you. It's amazing to me that this is even a discussion.

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Just think how asinine this place is gonna get when summer draws to a close and folks start coming back because there is nothing to do other than get on each others nerves because of the lockout... :shrug:

LOL

No doubt fam.

God forbid the season is canceled. PD memebers will have to chip in to hire a therapist who focuses on post tramatic stress disorder

also Since 86 , I do really enjoy what you bring on here and wont to be clear you are more than cool with me

Since86
08-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Nah, we're cool.

I'll just remember these comments the next time similiar threads are merged, and other people complain about it. My intent was actually to try and help out the admins, believe it or not. But if it's going to be received this way, I won't bother in the future.

It's really not a big deal, to me anyways. I'm just getting beat over the head over something all sides view as a molehill.

Hicks
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Sometimes threads get merged, sometimes they don't. Why this is a stick in anyone's *** is beyond me.

pacergod2
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
90's? Didn't you incite a riot in another thread with KStat recently?

He's all growns up and all growns up. ;)

Since86
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Do I need to say it's not a big deal for me, yet again, in order for this to be dropped, or would you like to continue further beating me over the head? I would appreciate you doing this in private, rather than the public.

I think it's rather funny me and 90s can squash this a lot easier than two admins.

Hicks
08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Do I need to say it's not a big deal for me, yet again, in order for this to be dropped, or would you like to continue further beating me over the head? I would appreciate you doing this in private, rather than the public.

I think it's rather funny me and 90s can squash this a lot easier than two admins.

Dude, if it means nothing to you, then stop talking about it; don't tell us it doesn't matter, show us it doesn't matter.

It was annoying and incredible enough that anyone would take the time to complain in the first place, but to then keep going on about it is even more irritating. Not that any of this is that important, mind you, but gee whiz.

As to PMing you, I have no reason to PM you. This is a social call, not a professional call. And for that matter, you may have been the first, but you weren't the only one taking this angle in the beginning, so it's not just about you.

I wish no one had opened their mouths in the first place with this silliness.

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 03:31 PM
90's? Didn't you incite a riot in another thread with KStat recently?

He's all growns up and all growns up. ;)

I did , but I felt that he consistently in a round about way would attack me

He then posted something that I thought was sincere

What, in all honesty, bothered me is that I am a different man now and I go on the board and humble myself and apologize

but then there is no acknowledgement of that by him

makes me feel a little stupid, but it is petty and easy to let go off

bottom line is I have learned in this life that ost of the time when we get riled up over something most consider a small issue, its because we are really mad at something elsew and this gives us an excuse to lash out

90'sNBARocked
08-05-2011, 03:32 PM
For the love of God

Can we please get a group hug before I breakdown

Damn you David Stern and Billy Hunter, your tearing this family apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since86
08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Dude, if it means nothing to you, then stop talking about it; don't tell us it doesn't matter, show us it doesn't matter.

I honestly don't care that it's dropped. It doesn't bug me any. You're the one complaining that it's an issue, not me.

I had dropped it.

MTM
08-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Alright children.... you are both wonderful and valuable posters to this forum. Be happy. Be nice.

Date a teacher and suddenly you need to be the conciliator? Hah - we need to catch up. Hope you are having a good summer.

pacergod2
08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Date a teacher and suddenly you need to be the conciliator? Hah - we need to catch up. Hope you are having a good summer.

Happy belated birthday by the way. I was out of town. In INDIANA!

grace
08-05-2011, 06:03 PM

Eh, just be like me Roy. :ignore: feature is your friend.

Brad8888
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dsKO_r76kfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Naptown_Seth
08-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Sometimes threads get merged, sometimes they don't. Why this is a stick in anyone's *** is beyond me.
And it happens other places too. People always lose their s*** over one of the most trivial, janitorial caliber moves as if it's some attempt to silence their voice and deny them the right to vote.

You can post pix, link articles and use about 10 million smilies. There are years of archives kept to go back and find out which of us was an idiot and throw it in their face at any time. Players even have interest in surfing around here.

And we've got to have the online version of a "the salad fork really belongs on the left" debate when it comes to multiple threads?

The goal is to make it easy to find and browse topics. Sometimes topics are buried and a new thread solves that, sometimes 50 threads are offshoots of the exact same topic and they get merged.

Cripes, even I'm bored with this and my own response to it.

AesopRockOn
08-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Other than cats and porn, this is the entire Internet. :D

spazzxb
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Other than cats and porn, this is the entire Internet. :D

Don't forget about people getting hurt stupidly.