PDA

View Full Version : Hill goes off for 50 in ProAm Game

Dee-Squared
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
LINK: http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2011/08/03/hill-goes-off-for-50-in-the-pro-am/

By Mike Wells via IndyStar

Body of Article:

George Hill was trying to duplicate Kevin Durant’s performance 24 hours earlier some 700 miles away in New York City.

Hill didn’t score 66 points like Durant did the night earlier, but he did put on his own personal show in the same gym he starred at in college on Tuesday.

Hill went off for 50 points to help his team advance to the Indy Pro Am championship game at IUPUI on Thursday.

What was even more impressive about Hill’s performance is that he went 21-of-25 from the field.

Former Butler guard Shelvin Mack was the unfortunate one to get worked over by Hill most of the game. It looked like Hill was one of the players in the video game “NBA Jam.”

Scoring a lot of points while shooting a high percentage hasn’t happened often for the Pacers over the past few years.

What I’ve always liked about Hill is that he plays under control and doesn’t force shots.

It’ll be interesting see how coach Frank Vogel handles the backcourt situation. It’ll be hard to keep Hill off the court.

Hill is comfortable at points guard and he can also score as the shooting guard.

Lance Stephenson was in the gym but didn’t play Tuesday. He said he plans to play Thursday.

Hill said the plan is for the players to get together sometime next month to start working out to get ready for the season (whenever it starts).

twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

vnzla81
08-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah ...... :dance: :dance:

HickeyS2000
08-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm less impressed with the 50 and more impressed with the 21-25 and 12 rebounds. I'm getting more and more excited about our team going forward.

xBulletproof
08-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow, all these guys having high scoring games playing around the country.

You'd think they were in the NBA or something. Odd.

Speed
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm most impressed that...

"Hill said the plan is for the players to get together sometime next month to start working out to get ready for the season (whenever it starts)."

CableKC
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Good to hear....I'd much rather read a post about a Pacer scoring 50 points in a ProAm game then about some Player that the FO didn't draft that scored 48 points in a ProAm game.

Roaming Gnome
08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm most impressed that...

"Hill said the plan is for the players to get together sometime next month to start working out to get ready for the season (whenever it starts)."

I thought the players union was going to discourage this as a way to stick it to the owners. I remember reading that and getting pretty upset about it.

BillS
08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I thought the players union was going to discourage this as a way to stick it to the owners. I remember reading that and getting pretty upset about it.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. If the lockout is settled and players come back and suck due to lack of conditioning/practice, it isn't going to do much to bring people back to the games and raise that all-important BRI.

bphil
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Good to hear....I'd much rather read a post about a Pacer scoring 50 points in a ProAm game then about some Player that the FO didn't draft that scored 48 points in a ProAm game.

I think that means we won the draft by 2 points!

S.R.E.C.A.P
08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Link:

http://youtu.be/Bv-oHG_P5gw

In this interview George mentions he is working on his outside shot other than the corner and also working on the Marc Jackson post game. :-p

Good to see Jackson helping out George, hopefully he can gain some swag from him too.

Awesome news to hear our pacers working on their game through the off season. Player developments collectively will help improve our team for next season. Hopefully the front office and coaches stay ready like the players and have all cylinders firing for this coming season. :)

cgg
08-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Maybe our players don't care what the players union discourages.

rel
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Link:

http://youtu.be/Bv-oHG_P5gw

In this interview George mentions he is working on his outside shot other than the corner and also working on the Marc Jackson post game. :-p

Good to see Jackson helping out George, hopefully he can gain some swag from him too.

Awesome news to hear our pacers working on their game through the off season. Player developments collectively will help improve our team for next season. Hopefully the front office and coaches stay ready like the players and have all cylinders firing for this coming season. :)

...so i can expect to see the George Hill Jiggle soon :D

Pacergeek
08-03-2011, 10:15 PM
George "The Savior" Hill will be huge next season!

Brad8888
08-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Now I fully expect George Hill to be the first player to average 50 points per game since Wilt Chamberlain. Maybe he should start practicing shooting his free throws underhanded from between his legs, too...

Glad he participated, glad he did well, and I look forward to seeing him compete for a spot in the Pacers back court / wing rotation.

billbradley
08-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know Pro Am times for tonight?

Kegboy
08-04-2011, 12:23 PM

In a league where 80% of teams have no shot at the title, I doubt the owners care.

pacer4ever
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/streetball.shtml