PDA

View Full Version : Samaki Walker arrested on drug charges

Basketball Fan
07-29-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.lvrj.com/news/former-nba-player-arrested-on-drug-charges-in-kingman-126418018.html

Former NBA player arrested on drug charges in Kingman
Samaki Walker

Arizona authorities allege former NBA basketball player Samaki Walker tried to eat marijuana as a Department of Public Safety officer approached his 2002 Mercedes-Benz following a routine traffic stop in Kingman on Thursday.

Officials said about 10 grams of marijuana was seized from the vehicle along with some prescription drugs and eight bottles of liquid steroids.

Police Sgt. Jamie Clark, the supervisor of a narcotics task force, said Walker was cooperative when interviewed by officers at the Mohave County Jail. He said Walker indicated that he uses the steroids to enhance his athletic ability as he still plays professionally in Syria.

Clark said Walker indicated the steroids are legal in Syria, though possession is a misdemeanor in Arizona.

The Woodland Hills, Calif., resident was a college basketball superstar at the University of Louisville before he was drafted ninth in the first round of the 1996 NBA draft by Dallas. His 10-year NBA career ended in 2006 after stints with the Mavericks, Lakers, Heat, Wizards and Pacers.

Walker was booked into jail on various drug charges. Justice of the Peace John Taylor set bond at $2,000 and ordered him to appear at an Aug. 5 preliminary hearing.

mildlysane
07-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Former Pacer, Samaki Walker....

Young
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Former Pacer, Samaki Walker....

Not meant to attack you but really...I mean does this have to be mentioned every time a former Pacer is arrested? I know some in the media might have done it but cant we just give it a rest?

BornReady
07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Not meant to attack you but really...I mean does this have to be mentioned every time a former Pacer is arrested? I know some in the media might have done it but cant we just give it a rest?

its just a joke- no harm no foul.

Scot Pollard
07-29-2011, 10:44 PM
its just a joke- no harm no foul.

It's freakin' annoying!

Also let's use some common sense here. If the media writes that, the people aren't that stupid think this team still has this issue. Considering it says former.

Those who follow sports, casual or not know this is a changed team and it all comes down to success to pack the fieldhouse which is looking good next season and into the future.

mildlysane
07-29-2011, 10:58 PM
What isn't true about my post? Sometimes truth is annoying, I guess. But I will try to refrain from doing it any more. Anyway, the reason is because it is funny. At least it is to me.

Day-V
07-29-2011, 11:37 PM
I find it humorous. And, as I pointed out the other day, true.

Pingu
07-30-2011, 01:02 AM
A professional athlete with weed and steroids... now that's newsworthy!

LetsTalkPacers
07-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Have to? No, but I'll be damned if I don't chuckle every time someone does it. #SadButTrue

Meanwhile, GHill is doing charity work for children.

Midcoasted
07-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Wait, when was this scrub a Pacer? This is a joke right? I must have missed a whole season or something. And the former Pacer gets arrested bit irks me too. It's not funny anymore. Like some of the reaction pictures around here.

It's like the line "and so it begins" on the conspiracy sites. No longer funny, and its unoriginal and borderline lame. Come up with a new bit.

Basketball Fan
07-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Wait, when was this scrub a Pacer? This is a joke right? I must have missed a whole season or something. And the former Pacer gets arrested bit irks me too. It's not funny anymore. Like some of the reaction pictures around here.

It's like the line "and so it begins" on the conspiracy sites. No longer funny, and its unoriginal and borderline lame. Come up with a new bit.

2005-6

mildlysane
07-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Nope. Still funny to me. Sorry.

BRushWithDeath
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
While I appreciate the "former Pacer" humor, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the hell a thread was made for this issue to begin with.

Brad8888
07-30-2011, 07:06 PM
While I appreciate the "former Pacer" humor, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the hell a thread was made for this issue to begin with.

It is due to the lockout. We have a long time to go before anything can be ruled out as a topic of discussion. And I mean anything. :(

I wonder what good old Jimmy O'B is up to these days? Does he miss Troy?

How is Isiah getting along by now?

How great could David Harrison have really become had he not been misunderstood?

ANYTHING...:cry:

BillS
07-31-2011, 09:43 AM
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the hell a thread was made for this issue to begin with.

Basketball Fan posts articles about the NBA and what is going on that might be missed - I, for one, appreciate them.

This is "The place to talk Pacers and the rest of the NBA" after all.

And I also am gratified that I haven't seen the Indianapolis sports headline about "Former Pacer Samaki Walker" yet - I think that's because they figure no one will believe them that Walker was ever here.