PDA

View Full Version : Reggie was Adrian Peterson's boyhood hero

Heisenberg
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/6804681/espn-magazine-minnesota-vikings-rb-adrian-peterson-meets-reggie-miller

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0726/576x324_reggie_miller.jpg

AS FAR AS ADRIAN PETERSON KNOWS, he's here for a photo shoot. What he gets instead is something a lot less everyday for an NFL superstar. While Peterson's standing at the center of a photographer's faux rig at The Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Rey, Calif., an unannounced visitor emerges from behind a curtain, offering his hand and a big smile. "How ya doing, AP?" Reggie Miller asks.

How's he doing? At the moment, the ferocious Vikings back is doing as well as a tween would do face-to-face with the Biebs: rapidly losing motor function. His legs buckle. His hands tremble. Eventually, Peterson gathers his jaw off the floor long enough to form several unintelligible sounds ("ergh" being one) and two words: "Oh, man."

Peterson has long said that if his older brother, Brian, hadn't been killed in an accident when he was 8 years old, he'd have grown up to look -- and play -- like Miller. Adrian was 7 when Brian died, and he's worshipped the future Hall of Famer ever since. Despite a shared social circle, the two had never met. Until now.

Once the shock subsides, Peterson tells Miller how his fandom originated. "Brian was slim, light-skinned, with the same ears and the same passion for the game that you had," he says. Miller laughs. "It's always the ears."
More at link. Didn't expect to read this today. :laugh: Reggie said his career highlight was the 02 Nets series.

Day-V
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
If Adrian wants to relive the days of Reggie and the Pacers, he can come play for the Colts. I'm sure I could get Adrian into Area 55 for the season. ;)

31andonly
07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow...Reggie looks really old on this picture...

Heisenberg
07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow...Reggie looks really old on this picture...
For 45 I'd say he looks pretty good. Just don't look up those pictures of him on the beach.

And yes, Reggie's 45, sorry for making everyone feel old as hell.

rel
07-28-2011, 08:00 PM
oooo...is that a reggie jersey in AP's left hand...That'd be awesome to see him reppin' the Indiana 31 around :P

Ownagedood
07-29-2011, 09:24 AM
oooo...is that a reggie jersey in AP's left hand...That'd be awesome to see him reppin' the Indiana 31 around :P

I think its a #28 AP Pacers jersey.. Reggie was sent to recruit him to play for the Pacers. ;)