PDA

View Full Version : I hope Steve Kerr is right.

Hicks
10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
On nba.com, they have some comments by Marv, Charles, Ernie, Steve, and Kenny about "under the radar" moves, and Stephen Jackson comes up a couple times, but the one that most stood out was Steve Kerr's:

"I think Stephen Jackson going to Indiana was really, really big because the Pacers -- a lot of people forget they had the best record in the NBA a year ago before losing to Detroit in six.

"They felt their weakness was perimeter scoring and athleticism at that two spot. Reggie is still a hell of a player, but he's not the guy he was five or six years ago. I played with Stephen Jackson a couple of years ago in San Antonio and he has the ability to hit big shots and make big plays. I think that may have been the move that could get Indiana over the hump this season."

Also, to read Charle's comments, it seems like he's hearing this offer is still on the table of Sacramento wants it:

"Ain't no moves under the radar, buddy. I'll tell you what: If Sacramento will trade Peja Stojakovic for Ron Artest, they could win the West. They need that defensive element. They need that. They don't need the offense. I would do that trade yesterday. That's a great trade for Sacramento. I don't know what they're holding up."

Good stuff.

http://www.nba.com/preview2004/tnt_moves_041021.html

Anthem
10-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Meaning that Charles thinks Artest is more valuable than Peja.

I agree.

SoupIsGood
10-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Hicks, why are you counting down to Nov. 2nd? The first game is the 3rd right? Or are you pumped for the election.

I hope i have my dates right or this post was incredibly stupid.

Hicks
10-21-2004, 08:32 PM
You're right; we start on the 3rd. For some reason I wanted to countdown to the beginning of the season instead; so I stick with it. Probably just because it meant I could finish the count down a little quicker. :laugh:

SoupIsGood
10-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Charles is a smart guy, when it comes to basketball.

Fool
10-22-2004, 07:51 AM

I agree.

Well he certainly thinks Artest would be more valuable to Sac than Peja is to Sac (which I too would agree with). However, that quote doesn't say anything about comparing the two outside of the circumstances in Sac.

3Ball
10-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Hicks, why are you counting down to Nov. 2nd? The first game is the 3rd right? Or are you pumped for the election.

I hope i have my dates right or this post was incredibly stupid.

Too bad Boston doesn't play Houston on Nov. 2nd.

Hicks
10-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Why is that too bad? :confused:

ChicagoJ
10-22-2004, 11:28 AM

I agree.

Well he certainly thinks Artest would be more valuable to Sac than Peja is to Sac (which I too would agree with). However, that quote doesn't say anything about comparing the two outside of the circumstances in Sac.

That's what I thought when I read that, too ...

Anthem
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM

I agree.

Fair enough. I'll rephrase.

In Sacramento, Artest is more valuable than Peja. In Indiana, Artest is more valuable than Peja. Nothing else matters.

McKeyFan
10-22-2004, 03:43 PM

I agree.

Fair enough. I'll rephrase.

In Sacramento, Artest is more valuable than Peja. In Indiana, Artest is more valuable than Peja. Nothing else matters.

I sure hope that's right. Pacer brass spokesman Montieth indicated a straight up trade would have been done a month or two ago, and he actually predicted it might take place later in the Fall.

It would be a bad move (unless Ron's problems behind the scenes are worse than we know. This, of course, has been worked over on several previous threads).

However, back to Kerr's comments. I wrote something similar on the Kravitz article thread, that, despite the fact that we don't have a solid 5-man in place, we still acquired the most important piece, and it really may be all that's needed for a ring.