PDA

View Full Version : Preseason games suck.

Liquid Slap
10-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Only because i can't see my team play. We are playing the bench the whole game and playing scrubs. Are the Pacers doing the same thing?

Man I can't wait until Nov. 2nd. Bring on the regular season!

Ragnar
10-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Pre season games are for the die hards.

ChicagoJ
10-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Heck, I thought regular season games were for the die hards and that preseason games were for "sickos" like us. ;)

Ragnar
10-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok that may be the better way to put it Jay

Unclebuck
10-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Jay, I think you're right. Only the "sickos"

I've always thought that 8 preseason game are way too many. 5 would be the perfect number. But you can't have an odd number because every team wants the same number of home games. So either 6 or 4 should be the number.

beast23
10-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Jay, I think you're right. Only the "sickos"

I've always thought that 8 preseason game are way too many. 5 would be the perfect number. But you can't have an odd number because every team wants the same number of home games. So either 6 or 4 should be the number. Agreed. Fewer preseason games would be great.

The one positive from preseason games is that you get to see the newbies play and can form an opinion of their potential.

You then get to see them play a few minutes during the season. By the time the next preseason rolls around, it's always nice to see how much their abilities and knowledge have grown.

Through the years, I think I've actually seen more improvement between a player's second and third year than between the first and second. That's what made watching Tinsley last year so enjoyable for me.

With that in mind, bring on Freddie. Even with a deep bench, my guess is that he plays well enough to warrant a lot of court time.

grace
10-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Less games would be fine, but something better would be half price tickets and/or not making them a part of the season ticket package.

ChicagoJ
10-21-2004, 08:00 PM
I'd rather the half price idea... I like the preseason games (I said "sicko" and I meant it) for the reasons Beast cited. I just don't like to play full price for it.

Kegboy
10-21-2004, 10:14 PM
I have no problem with 8 preseason basketball games, which is less than 10% of the regular season.

What I have a huge problem with is the NFL, where 4 preseason games equals 25% of the regular season. It's just absurd and completely unnecessary.

Liquid Slap
10-22-2004, 01:48 PM
I feel if you are going to play 80 plus games in a season, Preseason is not necessary. 4 games max. I would even go as far as saying 2 games.

ChicagoJ
10-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Does anybody want to argue that 82 games are too many for the regular season?

Liquid Slap
10-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Does anybody want to argue that 82 games are too many for the regular season?

hell no!! That is a good number. I love being able to watch basketball every single day of the week. Nothing can be better about winter time.