PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Jimmer

Anthem
07-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Really fun writeup here from The Art of Manliness:

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/07/17/the-law-of-sacrifice/

First, follow the link to see the contract he signed with his older brother. Then, read on.

Jimmer hung this contract in his room and looked at it every single day. “It reminded me of what my goal was,” he said, “and if I didn’t want to work hard or practice that day, I would look at that and think, ‘You have to work as hard as you possibly can and do things other kids aren’t doing in order to be the best and reach your goal.’”

The things the other kids weren’t doing were drills like “The Gauntlet,” in which Jimmer would dribble down a pitch dark hallway at church, as his friends jumped out of classrooms in an attempt to throw him off his game. He also played pick-up games at the local prison, where he learned not to be intimidated by trash talk and extremely tough play.

Gamble1
07-23-2011, 03:19 PM
He also played pick-up games at the local prison

Thats great.

Prison Ball with your host Jimmer "the square" Freddette. This guy is a marketing machine even if he can't play a lick of defense.

ilive4sports
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
After seeing him in person, all I have to say is that he is really small and he is terrible at golf.