PDA

View Full Version : Mark Boyle is a really funny guy

Constellations
07-22-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.aspx

Second interview down. He has a great sense of humor lol.

rock747
07-22-2011, 05:28 PM
huh? Am I missing the interview?

joew8302
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
He is on the second page. Terrible interview IMO. Yes, we get Mark Boyle is a man of many interests, but please, talk some basketball, Pacers or something of substance.

Sandman21
07-22-2011, 06:37 PM
As a team employee, he can't exactly talk about the players, seeing as we have a small problem at the moment......

joew8302
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
As a team employee, he can't exactly talk about the players, seeing as we have a small problem at the moment......

Bull. You don't have to talk about current players. Talk about his favorite memories of the 90's. Ask him about the history of the franchise and his time with them. Spending 15 minutes talking to him about family guy and other garbage on a sports show is a waste of time.

Sandman21
07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
So basically, ask him the same things he's been asked time and time again? :) I'm pretty sure JMV has had Mark on more than once. :D

PS: If you think Mark talking about non-sports subjects is a waste of time, I don't recommend reading his Pacers.com blog. :D

RamBo_Lamar
07-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I've never really been quite sure what to make of Mr. Boyle other than he is a
brilliant sportscaster, and one of the most interesting characters you'll ever
come across.

We're very fortunate to have had him over the years doing our Pacer games.

joew8302
07-22-2011, 08:22 PM
So basically, ask him the same things he's been asked time and time again? :) I'm pretty sure JMV has had Mark on more than once. :D

PS: If you think Mark talking about non-sports subjects is a waste of time, I don't recommend reading his Pacers.com blog. :D

Ha, I do read his blog, pretty good stuff. I do like his randomness, and that is what makes it so appealing.

I know sports hosts and people like Boyle will BS here and there about life, entertainment and such. That is par for the course. But a 15 minute segment about nothing? Give me a break. Look, ask Boyle about baseball, football, anything. Give me some kind of substance.

The Pacers are really fortunate to have Boyle, and he has been around basketball and the organization for what seems like forever. I love the guy. I wish JMV would have just picked his brain about basketball the sport, the Pacers past, his arena experiences in opposing towns, I mean anything like that.

Tom White
07-22-2011, 09:01 PM
But a 15 minute segment about nothing? Give me a break.

Well, Seinfeld did 30 minute segments (episodes) about nothing for years. Personally, I'd rather hear JMV and Mark talk about nothing than Seinfeld.
:laugh:

Brad8888
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I've never really been quite sure what to make of Mr. Boyle other than he is a
brilliant sportscaster, and one of the most interesting characters you'll ever
come across.

We're very fortunate to have had him over the years doing our Pacer games.

And, we have been fortunate at times to have him post here at PD as mboyle1313, with the last time he visited here being about a week and a half ago according to the Members List link near the top of the screen.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 11:24 PM
I believe the word you're looking for in regards to Mr. Boyle is "droll." It's what he does best, and he knows it.

Heisenberg
07-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Well, Seinfeld did 30 minute segments (episodes) about nothing for years. Personally, I'd rather hear JMV and Mark talk about nothing than Seinfeld.
:laugh:
I very much like Mr. Boyle and JMV, but let's slow down here...

Hicks
07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Are we sure Boyle and Denari can't talk about the players?

BillS
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Are we sure Boyle and Denari can't talk about the players?

They are employees of the team, not independent media folks.

mboyle1313
07-23-2011, 10:05 PM
All,

To clarify for those that have an interest, anyone employed by the NBA or an individual team is subject to a fine of up to $1 million if they speak about the lockout or any other league related issue. We are also prohibited from interacting with players socially or engaging them in any manner, nor are we allowed to mention them in any of the social media platforms (this includes re-tweeting).

Thanks.

MJB

BillS
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
All,

To clarify for those that have an interest, anyone employed by the NBA or an individual team is subject to a fine of up to $1 million if they speak about the lockout or any other league related issue. We are also prohibited from interacting with players socially or engaging them in any manner, nor are we allowed to mention them in any of the social media platforms (this includes re-tweeting).

Thanks.

MJB

You know, Stewie would find a way around all that... :zip:

mboyle1313
07-24-2011, 12:54 PM
BillS,

Stewie has more $ than I do. He can afford the fine.

MJB