PDA

View Full Version : El Pacero's Pacers state plate

Scot Pollard
07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
http://pacersplate.com/

Actually came across this a while ago and wanted to share this.

Perhaps Pacero, himself can explain more about this and hopefully Indiana will make official state plates for the Pacers.

The plates look really cool BTW and wish the state would finally make one for the team.

Constellations
07-21-2011, 04:27 PM
http://pacersplate.com/

Actually came across this a while ago and wanted to share this.

Purhaps Pacero, himself can explain more about this and hopefully Indiana will make official state plates for the Pacers.

The plates look really cool BTW and wish the state would finally make one for the team.

Just filled out my plate promise. Woot!

And Design #1

graphic-er
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
There was some sort of weird legal stipulation as to why this will never be possible, but I took the promise anyways.

Scot Pollard
07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I feel like making a poll on here to see which one everyone likes.

Personally, I like the 3rd one.

I'm sure a good amount of people will purchase these plates and in a few years when the Pacers are the better team than the Colts, plenty more people will buy it.

It's definitely the fair thing to do. You have one team of the 2, you should have both. Considering the Pacers have been in Indiana longer than the Colts and also we have been contenders for years in the past.

rel
07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Plate 3! Simple and clean...i want one. In Atlanta for now so i want EVERYONE to know the Pacers are the greatest team in the world... :P

granger33
07-21-2011, 07:03 PM
They are sick!!

Constellations
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
They are sick!!

Hows the moving situation working out?

Brad8888
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Promised!

El Pacero
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
There was some sort of weird legal stipulation as to why this will never be possible, but I took the promise anyways.

Yeah, I'm surprised Dukie hasn't chimed in yet. Even though the Colts got a plate via the CIB I guess, the Pacers can't actually have one (it's for non-profits or organizations like universities.)

So that's why the online form and the written form have Pacers Foundation / Indiana Pacers listed. It would actually be a Pacers Foundation plate, with "Pacers Foundation" in the tiniest font possible at the bottom (no offense Pacers Foundation), and hopefully a design similar to the examples.

We've got over 50 hard copy sigs so we're 20% of our way to the 500 signatures required. I plan to visit Fever games, shopping malls and county jails to get more signatures over the summer... so if anyone wants to help just let me know! (Gracias to Scot for pimping the Pacers Plate site.)

granger33
07-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Hows the moving situation working out?

Not great haha. Still trying to get a working visa and green card and a house to stay. Alotta work but I'll make it happen hopefully.

My custom pacers plates have gotta be up there lol

ECKrueger
07-21-2011, 10:38 PM
They're all great. If I ever get a special license plate it will have to be Purdue though :)

Roaming Gnome
07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah, something would have to be done through the Pacers Foundation because the ONLY reason that the Colts were allowed a vanity plate was thru a special vote in the Indiana legislature to tie it to the funding of Lucas Oil Stadium.

If the state and not the CIB were responsible for floating that cash PS&E got in their deal last summer..... Funding PS&E with a plate probably would be more of a real possibility then what we are now looking at.

Despite the long odds, the Mrs. & I are on board with "the promise"!

Heisenberg
07-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Like the 3rd one, the first one seems like it could be too busy to be recognizable going fast, the yellow's too...yellow, so #3 it is.

travmil
07-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Promised.

Can you imagine if they did the thing like the Colts did where they auctioned off plates with prime player numbers? How much would plate 31 go for? More importantly, how much would Peck be willing to pay for 32?

Scot Pollard
07-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I went to the DMV a few months ago to renew my plate and asked about them having a Pacers one.

Of course the woman knew nothing or of the state making ones and tried to offer other ones.

I don't get it though.

The Colts plate purchases go to the Convention Center which is for the city not the Colts so get Pacers ones and combine the money towards the project. The CIB is also responsible for both Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse so it makes sense to have both teams have license plates. It can also help both franchises with operating and what not.

The other part go to the Pacers Foundation as some have mentioned.

I don't know how anyone can get in contact with the state or whoever to open their eyes and realize, hey we have the Pacers, Indiana's pro basketball team being in Indiana since 1967.

Yeah I know the attendance had been low for the past few seasons, but now that we've made the playoffs, the fans and the city of Indianapolis are aware of this team again and are getting back on board.

I think as this team progresses, more and more people will change their plates.

Scot Pollard
07-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Like the 3rd one, the first one seems like it could be too busy to be recognizable going fast, the yellow's too...yellow, so #3 it is.

Yeah I agree.

The 3rd one looks best regarding an actual state plate and like the actual Indiana plate.

If the state/CIB had to choose between the 3, it would probably be the 3rd.

They all look great though.

RWB
07-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice effort on the plate design, but..... it seems most of the vanity plates (including the Colts) have a plain white background with the emblem of the organization somewhere.

Scot Pollard
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
So these plates would be made via CIB (like the Colts), the proceeds will go to the Pacers Foundation. Possibly break it in half between the Foundation and the CIB for projects.

Show whoever the examples, let them choose and tweak it a bit.

It's a good proposal, but I don't know who anyone can speak with to try and get something done.

Have an A55 rally? :laugh:

Reginald
07-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Nice effort on the plate design, but..... it seems most of the vanity plates (including the Colts) have a plain white background with the emblem of the organization somewhere.

The BMV link to the various specialty plates can be accessed here (http://www.in.gov/bmv/2352.htm).

Most of the vanity plates are white, save for maybe the blue In God We Trust and light blue Environment plates. However, one thing I did notice is that the specialty plates for the Colts, all the schools and just about everything else have a generic Times New Roman-ish font for "Indiana" that I assume the Pacers plate would have to ascribe to as opposed to a font that matches the word "Pacers":

http://www.in.gov/bmv/images/orgplate_colts-large.jpg

http://www.in.gov/bmv/images/specplate_iu-large.jpg

http://www.in.gov/bmv/images/collegeplate_pu-large.jpg

http://www.in.gov/bmv/images/specplate_imhfm-large.jpg

Within the assumed restrictions, the compromise here would seem to be change plate #2 to white, have the basketball be a gold watermark much like the Colts' blue horseshoe watermark, have your Pacers logo on the left, the "Indiana" in the official black BMV font, and then a blue "Pacers" or "Pacers Foundation" at the bottom in the font of your choice.

Scot Pollard
07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.in.gov/bmv/images/orgplate_colts-large.jpg

If anything, I would want the Pacers one to look like this. It's probably the only type the state would approve of.

Have a Pacers logo on the left and a larger one faded into the back (how the second example posted is). Also in our font "Go Pacers" at the bottom.

I don't know where they would put the Pacers Foundation, if they were to put it on unless they put it in our font at the bottom instead of the "Go Pacers" or make it very small in the corner or something.