PDA

View Full Version : Denari's Twitter account hacked?

Sandman21
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
It looks like someone got their hands on Chris Denari's Twitter account today:

you tell me if its you in this video?.. LINK REMOVED
Direct message sent by Chris Denari (@ChrisDenari) to you (@TheSandman21) on Jul 21, 10:55 AM.

Just as a heads up in case anyone else got it. DON'T CLICK THE LINK.

Heisenberg
07-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I got that message too

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
whats on the link?

Sookie
07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
whats on the link?

Probably a virus. I don't know..but usually "don't click the link" means "that's a virus." :laugh:

Sandman21
07-21-2011, 03:36 PM
whats on the link?

Something that will blow up your computer. Especially if said computer is a Mac. And seeing as I don't want to responsible for 40 cases of dead PCs, *LINK REMOVED*.

RobfromPacers
07-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys. I let Chris know.

IndyHoya
07-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys. I let Chris know.

I suspect Rupert Murdoch!

graphic-er
07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Something that will blow up your computer. Especially if said computer is a Mac. And seeing as I don't want to responsible for 40 cases of dead PCs, *LINK REMOVED*.

I've got a mac, Oh god the temptation to click the link is so powerful. Nothing screws with macs!

Constellations
07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
whats on the link?

Remember "Live Free, Die Hard" ? Boom!

Sandman21
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I've got a mac, Oh god the temptation to click the link is so powerful. Nothing screws with macs!

:laugh::lol:Just because Apple denies that there is a virus issue doesn't mean it's not an issue.
:tmyk:

Sookie
07-21-2011, 04:27 PM
btw, if anyone has clicked the link try "combo fix" ...it pretty much rapes your computer, but it'll get rid of whatever bug you have.

graphic-er
07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
:laugh::lol:Just because Apple denies that there is a virus issue doesn't mean it's not an issue.
:tmyk:

Yes I know this. I was half joking about it all.

Though I will say that I have owned macs all my life and never have received a virus, or any kind of malware.

90'sNBARocked
07-21-2011, 06:56 PM

LOL

My little bro has one and he states emphatically

"Mac's dont get viruses"

and I say "you're right, considering the account for roughly 8-10% of all sales , why bother placing a virus on a mac"

LOL

cgg
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Mac vs PC discussion is so boring. Use whatever you want and let other people use whatever they want.

Let's focus on whats truly important. Ford sucks. Chevy power.

Sandman21
07-21-2011, 08:12 PM
LOL

"Mac's dont get viruses"

and I say "you're right, considering the account for roughly 8-10% of all sales , why bother placing a virus on a mac"

LOL

Actually, the virus scene on the Mac is going up and going up fast. Mostly because Apple won't develop some anti-virus, and deny that viri exist on the Mac.:D

rabid
07-21-2011, 08:27 PM
LOL

"Mac's dont get viruses"

LOL

Not that it matters, but Mac sales are up to 15% of the U.S. market now, more than 3 times their market share 10 years ago.

And if you take away office computers that percentage is MUCH higher. The basic Macbook has been the #1 selling computer in the U.S. for many years now.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/18/mac-market-share-around-the-world-usa-15-canada-14-australia-14-and-more/

Of course Apple now makes more money off the iPad than all Macs combined, and the trend is probably going to continue in that direction.

OK back to basketball! :D

mildlysane
07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Mac vs PC discussion is so boring. Use whatever you want and let other people use whatever they want.

Let's focus on whats truly important. Ford sucks. Chevy power.
You are clearly off your meds! Ford Rules! :cool:

Trader Joe
07-21-2011, 10:30 PM

It's more like no one cares enough to write viruses for Macs.

But man when they do get hit, they get nailed because Apple is too smug to write anti virus software.

Or what everyone else said.

ECKrueger
07-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Go Ford. I have a mac and it is cool, until you need to use any thing else with it. Then I have to get all this ******** apple crap. Windows is just so much more compatible. I can't share movies with my friends, I can't use certain programs for school on my own computer, and I can't hook any thing up to my computer except headphones, internet cables, and USB items (half of which don't even cooperate).

Bottom line is I do like my mac, until i need to do any thing involving outside hardware or software.

Oh, and I have a 1994 Ford Taurus and I LOVE it :D

BornReady
07-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Go Ford. I have a mac and it is cool, until you need to use any thing else with it. Then I have to get all this ******** apple crap. Windows is just so much more compatible. I can't share movies with my friends, I can't use certain programs for school on my own computer, and I can't hook any thing up to my computer except headphones, internet cables, and USB items (half of which don't even cooperate).

Bottom line is I do like my mac, until i need to do any thing involving outside hardware or software.

Oh, and I have a 1994 Ford Taurus and I LOVE it :D

wow you got me beat. my clunker is a 1995 pontiac bonneville. props :D

ECKrueger
07-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Only 53k on it and cleeeeeean.

El Pacero
07-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Myself, along with the help of my buddy hackers LulzSec, fully accept responsibility for the Chrissy Denari's hacked twitter account.

pacergod2
07-22-2011, 09:14 AM
1994 Chevy 1500... 210k and going strong. (Knock on wood).

Anthem
07-22-2011, 10:10 PM
The new MacOS released this week (Lion) is pretty impressive from a security perspective. By far the most advanced security on a consumer OS.

And I use Windows (7), Mac (Snow Leopard), and Linux (Ubuntu) at least once a week.

vapacersfan
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Did a Mac versus PC war just start up on a Pacers forum.

Next think youll tell me the Pacers will trade for Ron Artest........

I love my Mac, but I agree its hard to share or do anything with compatibility.

Granted, 90% of my University (if not more) was Mac based when I come in, more when I graduated.

Kemo
07-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Macs are cool for what they are... which is an expensive toy ..

About the only thing I can think of, where a person would want to buy a Mac instead of a PC , would be for any kind of auto-cad use , or for 3-d modeling and rendering... like with Maya3d and etc.. I will say that Macs reign supreme in those 2 uses .. hands down..

Other than those 2 uses , I wouldn't buy a Mac.... especially as my only computer ..
Like I said , they are definitely cool toys... but with all the types of programs i use , I wouldn't not own a p.c. . There is just absolutely very little compatibility, and not a whole lot to offer me to be honest..

cgg
07-23-2011, 01:14 AM

Granted, 90% of my University (if not more) was Mac based when I come in, more when I graduated.

What exactly are you unable to share? What can you not do on your mac?

graphic-er
07-23-2011, 01:34 AM

Exactly. What can't a Mac do? It can do everything that a Windows based machine can do, because you can install windows on it if you like and switch back and forth. Still waiting for the day when they let OSX on a PC.

Probably the only area of set back on a mac when it comes to programs that everyone uses, is Microsoft's reluctance to develop a full fledged version of Office for Mac. We usually get a version thats alittle more dumbed down. Which is silly considering they own a large chunk of Apple.

graphic-er
07-23-2011, 01:44 AM

About the only thing I can think of, where a person would want to buy a Mac instead of a PC , would be for any kind of auto-cad use , or for 3-d modeling and rendering... like with Maya3d and etc.. I will say that Macs reign supreme in those 2 uses .. hands down..

Other than those 2 uses , I wouldn't buy a Mac.... especially as my only computer ..
Like I said , they are definitely cool toys... but with all the types of programs i use , I wouldn't not own a p.c. . There is just absolutely very little compatibility, and not a whole lot to offer me to be honest..

Honestly in 5-10 years it wont' matter what programs are compatible with your computer, most software will end up being web based. The user experience will be the deciding factor in what computer to buy. That's what Apple is specializing in.

ilive4sports
07-23-2011, 02:48 AM

Which is why you partition your hard drive and install windows 7 (which is pretty damn good after that mess they called Vista) on it.

Mac is great for any sort of editing, music, video, web design, graphic design and so on. I would love to have a nice new mac, but its just not in the budget. They are far more than toys. They are great machines.

cgg
07-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Or use VMWare Fusion or Parallels.

vapacersfan
07-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Our whole film and television department in school only used Macs, and they were a far cry from a toy for either of those divisions.

I will agree owing one simply to be "cool" is silly, but they can be practical. As you said, though, that practicality really only fits for a small # of fields.

vapacersfan
07-23-2011, 12:50 PM

I cannot access my work email on my Mac. I have to do so on a PC

I also am taking a Kaplan LSAT class, and I can only watch the videos on a PC. On any mac the video just refuses to play.

vapacersfan
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Exactly. What can't a Mac do? It can do everything that a Windows based machine can do, because you can install windows on it if you like and switch back and forth. Still waiting for the day when they let OSX on a PC.

Probably the only area of set back on a mac when it comes to programs that everyone uses, is Microsoft's reluctance to develop a full fledged version of Office for Mac. We usually get a version thats alittle more dumbed down. Which is silly considering they own a large chunk of Apple.

I had parallels on my old computer, since I purchased my new Mac Book Pro I have not installed it.

I was indifferent on it, though the crappy version of office certainly did not make life any easier on me (many nights were spent with me using my then girlfriends PC for office documents, and then me saving it to try to use on my mac version and it just being a major PIA.)

ECKrueger
07-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Did a Mac versus PC war just start up on a Pacers forum.

Next think youll tell me the Pacers will trade for Ron Artest........

That's my main complaint. I download movies or music and put them on my hard drive, and I can't give them to my roommate because my hard drive is formatted for my mac. His hard drive does not work on my computer for some reason.

We had a computer class (basically just taught us Microsoft Office) and it used a program that simulated Office. First off it only worked on windows. So I went through the trouble of installing windows on my computer, but it still did not work right. Some things I could not click on, and it was difficult to use the track pad with windows as well.

This is pretty much my feeling as well:

Our whole film and television department in school only used Macs, and they were a far cry from a toy for either of those divisions.

I will agree owing one simply to be "cool" is silly, but they can be practical. As you said, though, that practicality really only fits for a small # of fields.

Oh, and I am happy to see Denari got his Twitter fixed :)

mattie
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Linux. TIA