PDA

View Full Version : Darvin Ham update: 4/5 against the Wiz tonight

Kegboy
10-21-2004, 01:03 AM
4 points on 1-2, 0-0, 2-4 shooting. 5 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls in 24 minutes.

What? He played for the Pacers too!

:devil: :tongue:

Kstat
10-21-2004, 01:10 AM
The more impressive line was Darko:

11 minutes, 6 fouls:laugh:

I can laugh, at that because quite frankly he was being picked on. At least 4 of those fouls were super-cheap. Its not like he was playing bad D or anything.

Kegboy
10-21-2004, 01:11 AM
I can laugh, at that because quite frankly he was being picked on.

It's good to know you can laugh about it.

:console:

Ragnar
10-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Why is there a Darvin Ham update. I mean I sort of understand the PB updates. PB was some sort of mesianic figure to some of the people on here. But Darvin Ham?

ChicagoJ
10-21-2004, 09:49 AM
He did play in one game for the Pacers - during the season we all try to forget.

Ultimate Frisbee
10-21-2004, 02:51 PM
I would like to thank you for the Darvin Ham update... I was wondering how he was doing...

Granville
10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
He did play in one game for the Pacers - during the season we all try to forget.

I thought there was no way he only played in one game. I looked it up, and sure enough, Jay is right. I should have known better than to doubt you!

But it really does shock me. I would have sworn he played a lot more than that. In fact, I think he only played like five minutes. Why do I remeber his Pacers career so much?

ChicagoJ
10-21-2004, 04:24 PM
As that season wore on, and we all become more and more depressed and suicidal (I actually decided not to go to a game that was in our ticket package :eek:), I think the only highlights were wondering (a) if (hoping?) the players would kill Larry Brown before he quit; and (ii) if Darvin would ever actually get into a game - and if he did, would Brown pull him immediately after a spectacular dunk?

I'm not sure I even watched the game he played in; for some time after that season I would always say, "yeah he was on our injured list, but he never played." Then I saw the same thing you noted - he did play for five minutes of one game.

Slick Pinkham
10-21-2004, 04:32 PM
I thought that this thread was going to really be about Al Harrington.

Recall that Isiah wanted Al to play like Ham, and Al was highly offended to be compared to a scrub like Ham.

Maybe we can call Al "Darvin Ham II"

Ragnar
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
That season was so bad that for a fraction of a second I considered not renewing my league pass. Then I slapped myself silly (metaphorically) and let it auto renew.