PDA

View Full Version : Last night's Indy Pro-Am Rosters, for anyone who's curious

Reginald
07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Took my kids last night and was surprised at how entertaining it was. Literally walked right into Gordon Hayward (who was unfortunately in street clothes) the moment I entered the gymnasium. Managed to stay through the middle of Game 3 before my kids--I have three ages 6 to 12--self-destructed.

Several no-shows--JaJuan Johnson, Bonzi Wells, Eric Gordon, et al--but I got to see some decent hoops for free, so I can't complain. A few random observations: Team Purple should win the tourney and in the context of watching glorified pickup games is the one worth watching the most for their shot selection and overall team ball movement; Shelvin Mack looks leaner and faster and has a taller, more protoypical NBA body than he appears to have on camera; E'Twaun Moore is going to be a good pro; Julian Mavunga (Miami of Ohio) has got size and a nice post presence; Alec Burkes is going to be freaking good at the next level; if you're sitting in front of Deonta Vaughn's family make sure to bring earplugs; and Matt Howard has a horrible goatee.

Team Blue
Gordon Hayward
Avery Jukes
Greg Foster
George Hill (no show)
Shannon Miller
Alex Young
Leory Nobles
Deonta Vaughn
Jake Kelly
Josh Crawford
John Hester
Julian Manvunga

Team Purple
Jordan Hulls
E'Twaun Moore
Marcus Thomas
Matt Howard
Austin Montgomery
Will Sheehey
Shelvin Mack
Tim Toler
JaJuan Johnson (no show)

Team Red
Zach Randolph (no show)
Lyonell Gaines
Shy Ely
Ian Chiles
Victor Oladipo
David Barlow
Christian Watford
Devin Dumas
DeAndre Peyton
Christian Shakam
TJ Jones

Team Green
AJ Price (no show)
David Logan
Andrew Warren
Andre Owens
Tyler Morris
Justin Cage
Bonzi Wells (no show)
Jermaine Dearman
Matt Roth
Tom Pritchard

Team Black
Alec Burks
Christian Eyenga
Lance Stephenson (no show)
David Teague (no show)
Danny Gibson
Brandon Smith
Robert Glenn
Jack Isenbarger
Tyler Rigby
Josh Bostic
Kenton Walker

Team Light Blue
Chris Thomas
Tony Weedan
Djibril Kante
Josh Mullings
DJ White (no show)
Ricky Buckley
Roderick Wilmont
Eric Gordon (no show)
Josh Murray
Isaiah Martin

Can't speak for who was there from these last two rosters, as I was somewhere on I-70 heading back to Fishers with my kids in full meltdown mode. I assume Teague, Artest and Cook were no shows.

Team Gray
Deam Hadley
Jeff Teague
Darius Adams
Jesse Berry
Quadr Ownes
Stanley Burrell
Glen Keller
Jerrod Jones
Michael Scott
Wilbur O'Neal
Chrishawn Hopkins

Team Orange
Ron Artest
Jack Eggleston
Daequan Cook
Rio Owens
Jauwan Scalf
Kyel Marshall
Brandon Beasley
Bruce Fields
Aaron Hogg
Skip Mills
Mitchel Paton
Nick Achille

90'sNBARocked
07-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I wonder why all the "big dogs" were a no show?

Fear of injury maybe?

ChristianDudley
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Nah, most of them have already played some, but these players travel all over the place during the offseason. EJ just traveled overseas yet again,'so that's why he wasn't there last night. George Hill is now running more camps in Texas right now. They just show up when their schedule allows it. Also, some of these players are playing in other summer leagues as well.

Really?
07-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Interesting Alec Burks... how did he do..?

Reginald
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Interesting Alec Burks... how did he do..?

Burks needs to fill out--then again I said that about Durant--but he has NBA elevation and quickness. He had some great bursts and looked to be a man amongst boys, but I guess the real fireworks were last Thursday. He apparently lit it up.

sam kaiserblade
07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
who picked these team names? joe from reservoir dogs?

i wanna be team white

Grover
07-20-2011, 12:15 PM
who picked these team names? joe from reservoir dogs?

i wanna be team whiteNO!

Team White is playing in another summer league. You can't be team white.

pacer4ever
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder why all the "big dogs" were a no show?

Fear of injury maybe?

well EJ is in Europe most of the players have things to do besides the pro am.

Ron Artest was a no show to he isnt ever gonna play

pacer4ever
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Burks needs to fill out--then again I said that about Durant--but he has NBA elevation and quickness. He had some great bursts and looked to be a man amongst boys, but I guess the real fireworks were last Thursday. He apparently lit it up.

he needs to add weight but the kid has great handles and vision and made a couple real nice passes and made a few 3s. I am still mad we didn't get him in the draft.

PacerGuy
07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Where has Lance been of late?
I thought he was dying to get some PT & started off playing a lot in the beginning, but has been MIA of late.

Psyren
07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
A couple of questions.

1). Does anyone know if Lance is playing tomorrow night?

and

2). Will he still be on the black team?

pacer4ever
07-20-2011, 07:43 PM
A couple of questions.

and

Lance hasnt played since the 2nd week. I bet he went back to NY or something. That Black team is stacked if Lance and Burks shows.

ECKrueger
07-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I know JaJaun got into town late.

SMosley21
07-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Anybody know how many points Andre Owens had last night? Rabjohns has a story up about him "going off" on peegs.com but I don't subscribe to the site.

pacer4ever
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Anybody know how many points Andre Owens had last night? Rabjohns has a story up about him "going off" on peegs.com but I don't subscribe to the site.

He is the biggest ball hog i have ever seen

He probably had 35 but shot enough to have 75. I don't like the way he plays so selfish and always complains to the refs. He is probably just trying to impress the scouts there but he ball hogs more than AI.

Reginald
07-20-2011, 08:53 PM

I call BS. He got some points for sure, but he was a ball hog who took poor shots and put his team in a bad position time and again. Owens' Team Green came into the game with a 4-1 record and the 2-3 Team Red absolutely drilled them. Save for the first few minutes of the game and a brief spurt by Team Green in the middle of the 2nd half, Team Red maintained a comfortable 10-18 point lead throughout.

The kid who surprised me in that game was Owens' teammate Tyler Morris. Undersized white boy with bad hair was good at distributing the ball and creating his own shot and deceptively quick on the defensive end. In fact, there was a point in the 2nd half Team Green started making a run and Morris was drilling some outside shots when the coach took Morris out, and Owens audibly disagreed with the substitution.

pacer4ever
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I call BS. He got some points for sure, but he was a ball hog who took poor shots and put his team in a bad position time and again. Owens' Team Green came into the game with a 4-1 record and the 2-3 Team Red absolutely drilled them. Save for the first few minutes of the game and a brief spurt by Team Green in the middle of the 2nd half, Team Red maintained a comfortable 10-18 point lead throughout.

Victor O played poor last night but he has impressed me a lot. I think he could be a break out star in the big 10. Tyler Morris is another guy I like how he plays the short pg for green but due to Andre Owens ball hogging he literally didn't touch the ball last night at all. Once Morris got the ball Andre would yell for it and Tyler passed it.

SMosley21
07-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Just wondering if Owens "going off" was equivalent to MarShon Brooks' 48 point game in the streets of NYC. Both seem pretty irrelevant.

Foul on Smits
07-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Where are these games going on at?

BRushWithDeath
07-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Just wondering if Owens "going off" was equivalent to MarShon Brooks' 48 point game in the streets of NYC. Both seem pretty irrelevant.

I believe the word you were looking for is "entirely".

Reginald
07-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Where are these games going on at?

The games are being played at IUPUI's gymnasium in the same building as the Natatorium. It's a very small venue, smaller than your average high school gymnasium, and makes for a cool, intimate feel. You're so close you can hear the players talking to one another.

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
A couple of questions.

and

he will be on the black team and is supposedly coming tonight his game starts at 7.

SMosley21
07-21-2011, 11:00 PM
fyi, Andre Owens had 31 points in the game I asked about.

Lance had 32 in tonight's game

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
fyi, Andre Owens had 31 points in the game I asked about.

Lance had 32 in tonight's game

and much more efficent i kid u not andre didnt pass at all that game

Lance had 5 plus assits