PDA

View Full Version : Interesting compairison and some Pacer questions

90'sNBARocked
07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Cain in New Zealand:
Who has a brighter future out of Paul George, Demar Derozan, Jordan Crawford, Evan Turner, James Harden and Wesley Johnson?

Yannis Koutroupis:
Well, they all have bright futures. I'll rank them by whose potential I believe in the most: DeMar DeRozan, Evan Turner, James Harden, Paul George, Wesley Johnson and Jordan Crawford.

Eric P in Naptown:
Hey Yannis I had a dream last night. I dreamed the owners and players suddenly had compassion for all the support staff with families who now have no income

Yannis Koutroupis:
Too bad that was just a dream, cause many of the people you mentioned are living a nightmare right now.

Eric P in Naptown:
Hi Yannis, If u were Bird, with all that cap space do you : Sign West, Landry, K Mart, or Crawford? Or hold the money till a better clas in 2012?

Yannis Koutroupis:
I think David West makes the most sense. He'd be a nice fit alongside Hibbert, although they'd both really need to rebound hard in order to make it work. Landry would be a nice fallback option.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1744&status=Inactive#ixzz1SCWqwat0

Hmm George is only 4th best out of 7 I think he will be better than both DeRozen and Turner..

Kool-Aid tastes good :)

Sparhawk
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Hmm George is only 4th best out of 7 I think he will be better than both DeRozen and Turner..

Yes, Kool-Aid is good.

I also think PG will better better than both, but it won't be for another year or two.

righteouscool
07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
The only person in that list that has the chance to be better than George is Harden, imo.

90'sNBARocked
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
The only person in that list that has the chance to be better than George is Harden, imo.

I was thinking the same exact thing!

Before the playoffs this year, I would have said no , but Harden looked great in the playoffs

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1744&status=Inactive#ixzz1SCWqwat0

Derozan is much better right now and i mean yes you are drinking the kool aid Paul could just be a Trevor Ariza a great role playing defender. Paul as a long way to go to be even a above average starter offensively. I think Derozan is in the class with Harden and PG is a step below currently. But all that could change based on how PG plays in the next few years. But currently I would take Derozan in a heart beat over George.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM

Chance to be better?? Derozan and Harden are already better than PG by a wide margin.

You should re phrase that and say

Paul has a chance to be better than all of them if he develops.

pacers74
07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Let's not forget that Demar Derozan and James Harden have palyed 2 seasons and PG has only played 1. You also have to figure in JOB was PG's coach for half of his first season. I think after this up coming season or the next PG will be better or on the same level as both of them, and I think they are both excellent players.

joew8302
07-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Alright, I am sure I will sound like a huge hater here, maybe I am. I like Paul George, I really do. He has a lot of promise, is young, sounds like a great guy and a hard worker. Larry did well by picking him up in the draft.

That said, some people on here are way too high on him IMO. He has a chance to be really good, but about the same chance guys like Derozan, Harden and guys on this list have. I hope he becomes the best player on this list, but I am not as sure as some of you he will be in the top 3.

Constellations
07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
*Comparison

Kid Minneapolis
07-15-2011, 04:58 PM
George has the biggest potential, imo. Just a matter of achieving it.

Justin Tyme
07-15-2011, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=pacers74;1266878]

Let's not forget that Demar Derozan and James Harden have palyed 2 seasons and PG has only played 1. You also have to figure in JOB was PG's coach for half of his first season. /QUOTE]

Solid points!!! Not to mention neither DeRozen or Harden weren't impressive their rookie year. Both had nice 2nd seasons, and IMO Hardin will end up being the better of the 2.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=pacers74;1266878]

Let's not forget that Demar Derozan and James Harden have palyed 2 seasons and PG has only played 1. You also have to figure in JOB was PG's coach for half of his first season. /QUOTE]

Solid points!!! Not to mention neither DeRozen or Harden weren't impressive their rookie year. Both had nice 2nd seasons, and IMO Hardin will end up being the better of the 2.
lets not forget Derozan and PG are the same age though

pacers74
07-15-2011, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1266893]
lets not forget Derozan and PG are the same age though

not really, PG birthday May 2, 1990, Demar Derozan Aug 7, 1989. Derazon will be 22 in a few of weeks.

The Jackson shimmy
07-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Harden has a sky-high, hoops-IQ and I LOVE his game. But playing
with Durant and Westbrook does make things a tad easier.

yoadknux
07-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Are you guys serious about Paul George?
Harden and Derozan are already two good starters. Something that cannot be said yet about George.
Turner is about as raw as George, but expected by many to be a star (though I haven't seen anything special about him yet).
That 4th place is justified -for now-, until we see more out of these guys.
If George follows Derozan's path it'll be great. And don't be too harsh on George. Derozan had a very similar rookie season, Rudy Gay had a very similar rookie season. Both made a big leap on their sophomore year.
We'll just have to wait and see

Sparhawk
07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Are you guys serious about Paul George?
Harden and Derozan are already two good starters. Something that cannot be said yet about George.
Turner is about as raw as George, but expected by many to be a star (though I haven't seen anything special about him yet).
That 4th place is justified -for now-, until we see more out of these guys.
If George follows Derozan's path it'll be great. And don't be too harsh on George. Derozan had a very similar rookie season, Rudy Gay had a very similar rookie season. Both made a big leap on their sophomore year.
We'll just have to wait and see

PG won't have the same luxury as Gay and Derozan. They were pretty much the go to options on offense. PG coming into his second year will be no higher than 3rd behind Granger and Hibbert. We can't base this on pure production alone.

graphic-er
07-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Derozan is much better right now and i mean yes you are drinking the kool aid Paul could just be a Trevor Ariza a great role playing defender. Paul as a long way to go to be even a above average starter offensively. I think Derozan is in the class with Harden and PG is a step below currently. But all that could change based on how PG plays in the next few years. But currently I would take Derozan in a heart beat over George.

Man you have to wonder what the heck happened to Ariza, he has really fallen off the past couple years. He went from being able to score about 15 per game and play lock down D in Houston to being overall underwhelming.

Skaut_Ech
07-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I think you guy are doing Wesley Johnson a disservice as have the Timberwolves.

I think Wesley has the potential to be an all star player. His skillset and college training say he's a SF, but the Wolves decided he should play shooting guard, so they could give him PT, due to the logjam at SF. I know that happens when college players make the jump to the NBA, but they have tried to force him into a Reggie Miller type role, making him hang around the three point line and not much else and that's not his game.

I think Wesley Johnson, on another team, would have been in the conversation for ROY, but the Wolves have so horribly mismanaged his skillset it should be criminal. I actually think he has the most potential, but will never realize it as long as he's a Timberwolf.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I think you guy are doing Wesley Johnson a disservice as have the Timberwolves.

I think Wesley has the potential to be an all star player. His skillset and college training say he's a SF, but the Wolves decided he should play shooting guard, so they could give him PT, due to the logjam at SF. I know that happens when college players make the jump to the NBA, but they have tried to force him into a Reggie Miller type role, making him hang around the three point line and not much else and that's not his game.

I think Wesley Johnson, on another team, would have been in the conversation for ROY, but the Wolves have so horribly mismanaged his skillset it should be criminal. I actually think he has the most potential, but will never realize it as long as he's a Timberwolf.

I cant tell you how much I disagree with this post.:laugh:

I didn't like Wes's game in college and hated watching him last year with Minney. He in my opinion is just a good shooter who plays pretty good defense.

EDIT: I mean yes he is out of position playing the 2 but he was so over hyped IMO. Every 1 said he played like Shawn Marion and he certainly could rebound like him at Syracuse I just don't see him being anywhere near that
level. I think he was a poor pick 4 minney Demarcus Cousins should of been the pick. But i didn't have Wes rated higher than 8th that year. I though he would of been a good fit with the Clippers but i dont think he has any chance to be a star.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Man you have to wonder what the heck happened to Ariza, he has really fallen off the past couple years. He went from being able to score about 15 per game and play lock down D in Houston to being overall underwhelming.

he got $$$$

joew8302
07-15-2011, 11:04 PM
I cant tell you how much I disagree with this post.:laugh:

I didn't like Wes's game in college and hated watching him last year with Minney. He in my opinion is just a good shooter who plays pretty good defense.

EDIT: I mean yes he is out of position playing the 2 but he was so over hyped IMO. Every 1 said he played like Shawn Marion and he certainly could rebound like him at Syracuse I just don't see him being anywhere near that
level. I think he was a poor pick 4 minney Demarcus Cousins should of been the pick. But i didn't have Wes rated higher than 8th that year. I though he would of been a good fit with the Clippers but i dont think he has any chance to be a star.

You go on telling us how you don't like him while acknowledging he is a good shooter and defender. Man, I wish we had some more guys you "didn't like" on Indiana's roster.

pacer4ever
07-16-2011, 12:12 AM
You go on telling us how you don't like him while acknowledging he is a good shooter and defender. Man, I wish we had some more guys you "didn't like" on Indiana's roster.

That was in college in the nba he really struggled shooting wise he reminds me a bit of b rush but at the sf. A good rotation player but with the 4th pick in the draft? no thank you
Cousins was the obvious choice they needed a center

EDIT: to add to this most guys are good shooters i mean they are in the nba lol

Isaac
07-16-2011, 03:10 AM
I think Harden might be the best player on this list. He really has very few weaknesses in his game. I would take Paul George over everyone else on the list though.

King Tuts Tomb
07-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Harden is awesome. I love watching him play.

This guy seems high on DeMar DeRozan. I can't say I watched the Raptors more than 3 or 4 times last year. Is DeRozan really that good?

OakMoses
07-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Let's not forget that George is probably already the best defender on that list and most likely will stay so for his entire career.

It's scary to think of a Cousins/Love tandem. Probably the best PF/C duo in the league in a couple years. Good thing for Kahn.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The Jackson shimmy
07-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Let's not forget that George is probably already the best defender on that list and most likely will stay so for his entire career.

It's scary to think of a Cousins/Love tandem. Probably the best PF/C duo in the league in a couple years. Good thing for Kahn.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Since when is Cousins in Minny ? Did I miss something ?

pacers74
07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Since when is Cousins in Minny ? Did I miss something ?

If you read the whole thread they were talking about how Cousins would have been a better pick than W.Johnson for Minny.