PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Antonio Davis

Constellations
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't if anybody ahs heard the interview, but it's really good and worth a listen.

(Second interview down)

http://www.1070thefan.com/oneonone/podcast.aspx

Speed
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The Bender one is good too. I almost can't believe its the same scared little kid from 12 years ago.

mattie
07-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Sounds like Bird drove Davis out of Indiana. Interesting.

Dr. Awesome
07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
That led me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmGtLotGIc0

One of the kids talks about how Antonio Davis and his family is like her second family. Just reminded me how he took Al Harrinton under his wing when he was here. This guy is just an absolutely amazing person, to this day, one of my favorite Pacers ever.

Young
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Sounds like Bird drove Davis out of Indiana. Interesting.

That is what I am thinking too. At the very least Antonio didn't seem impressed by Bird's coaching.

I didn't follow the NBA then (wish I had) or at least enough to really understand it but man it is crazy to think about what would have happened if AD had stayed. The Pacers probably still make the Finals that year (i'm just guessing) and then AD would have started the following season as Rik retired and Dale was traded for Jermaine. Ahh what might have been.

Antonio even said that he wishes he never asked for a trade looking back. He probably would have stayed with the Pacers until he retired and now be working for them in some way. I wish he was because he is a great guy.

AD's presence sure could have been used with Artest and the other knuckleheads too.

Eleazar
07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
I would imagine if we kept AD we never trade for Jermaine. Instead trading DD for a starting C instead of a PF.

PR07
07-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I mean granted we probably still lose, but I just know Antonio would've been useful to guard Shaq in those Finals.

Day-V
07-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I mean granted we probably still lose, but I just know Antonio would've been useful to guard Shaq in those Finals.

Couldn't have hurt.

Pacerized
07-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Great interview, thanks for posting.

I take it that AD didn't think Larry was a very good coach or at least he wasn't a teacher. It sounds like Larry held his players accountable and was in their face more then Brown was, or at least he was with AD. That's surprising to me. I was under the impression that Brown was always riding his players with little positive to go around and that had worn thin through his tenure.
No one can argue that whatever approach Bird took he got the results from a team that many considered to have gone past their peak under Larry Brown.

Ransom
07-12-2011, 08:50 AM

Austin Coshere wouldn't have had that great series though! And then he wouldn't have gotten that contract...

Speed
07-17-2011, 11:39 AM
New Darren Collison interview up today on Montieths Podcasts.

Bball
07-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I would imagine if we kept AD we never trade for Jermaine. Instead trading DD for a starting C instead of a PF.

Or we could've had AD and DD, no JO... no roster spot wasted on Bender... and still been a contender a little while longer for the initial run.

Constellations
07-18-2011, 07:37 PM
New Darren Collison interview up today on Montieths Podcasts.

Thanks for the post, but I hate phone interviews lol.

Sandman21
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I just found out right now that Tony was in the 94 Dunk Contest, and to be honest, his stuff ain't bad - He just got screwed by A. Being tall and B. Being in the same contest as Kemp (in his prime) and JR Rider.t/warp corsair

Speed
07-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Listened to the Foster interview, pretty interesting. He talks about how he gets frustrated guys don't block out and how 4 guys do it, but the 5th guy gets lazy and gives up the offensive board in the process. He also talks about his athleticism earlier in his career, how he could easily dunk from the Free Throw line back in the day.

I think Jeff should be signed in a big way, not just because of his history here, but because he still has alot to offer a team. He's a difference maker even at this point in his career. In a game and in practice, he has an impact, I think.

Funny not fromt he interview, how Reggie would raz him, but then Primoz came along, aka the Llama, and him and Reggie would get after him.

They don't ruminate on the brawl, but discuss it some. Jeff loved being Rons teammate and thought he was probably the best player on those teams, as I would have suspected.

Its a good listen. Jeff's a smart guy, its no secret why he's a success.