PDA

View Full Version : No props for Polly tonight?

Shade
10-19-2004, 11:57 PM
7 points and 11 boards in 19 minutes starting in place of Foster. Wow. :eek:

Anthem
10-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Even better were his quotes after the game:

"I thought Pollard was probably the key guy to the game in a lot of ways," said Carlisle. "He had 10 rebounds in the first half, and three field goals, and was real solid, and that really got us some momentum to get the 16-point lead at halftime."

Pollard appreciated the kind words, but wasn't buying it.

"It was nice that Rick said that about me, but Stephen Jackson was the key to the game," he said. "You have to be able to score more points than the other team to win. But it felt good to do something productive out there."

I'm a sucker for people that say all the right things, and that was great on several levels.

TheSauceMaster
10-20-2004, 02:18 AM
Hey I said in the first preseason game "Look out Shaq , Pollard is Back" :p:p

Natston
10-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Hey I said in the first preseason game "Look out Shaq , Pollard is Back" :p:p

I think I just heard a big sigh of relief from Peck... ;)

Unclebuck
10-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I mentioned him as did Peck in my game report thread. Pollard was better than his stats would indicate. The best thing I can say about Scot, he looked like he did when he played for the Kings.

Ragnar
10-20-2004, 09:12 AM
As one of the biggest oponents of Pollard being a Pacer I was happy and cheering him last night. I doubt that he will do that for the rest of the year but we can hope.

ChicagoJ
10-20-2004, 10:06 AM
I just hope the rest of our big men play well enough to keep him glued to the bench. That way we don't even have to worry about the inevitable return of last year's version of Pollard.

diego
10-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Well i work with someone who is a very close friend of Pollards, and we were talking the other day about how Pollard went ont his summer workout program and is now in what he calls the best shape of his life.

Pollard told his friend that he wants to prove a point this season and wants to be a factor for this team. Plus he also is excited about the offensive changes and it has obviously motivated him, because it fits his style of play much better.