PDA

View Full Version : Paul George playing overseas (He was joking)

redfoster
07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Paul George just tweeted this...

Just signed my deal to play overseas baby!!!!!

I wonder where he is playing?!

redfoster
07-08-2011, 12:58 AM
I think he was testing me... He just tweeted he was kidding now. The guy is giving me heart problems.

317Kim
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
I wonder if he is joking. He has not replied to my response yet.

Edit - Yep, it was a joke.

KingGeorge
07-08-2011, 01:12 AM
It's #PacerNation all day!

That sounds better!

rel
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
I think he was testing me... He just tweeted he was kidding now. The guy is giving me heart problems.

you just gave me heart problems seeing this thread title...

Psyren
07-08-2011, 01:24 AM
You seriously almost gave me a heart attack.

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 01:27 AM
You seriously almost gave me a heart attack.

Why? that would be good for him to get better by playing over there.

imbtyler
07-08-2011, 02:23 AM

I didn't see Paul's tweet in realtime, but rather in retrospect, followed by "haha! Had all of you scared!!! ".* It would be interesting if he played in France with Hill, building some chemistry, but I think keeping him close to home and (possibly) on the court with Vogel would be better for him.

We're only a week into this lockout, and I'm even more excited for the next season than I was before. I really hope Vogel and his new staff can get the guys into the gym (or any gym) so they can have a headstart on the players and teams more concerned with making money or "making a point" during the lockout. If there's one negative thing this lockout brings, it's that the Pacers aren't technically "able" to develop as a team.

My hope is that, while this lockout is taking its sweet time, Bird is in his office making as many under-the-table calls as he can, Vogel's briefing his staff on how this next season should go, and the boys just keep practicing and getting better.

Roy needs to be putting on weight, Tyler needs to be putting on vertical/athleticism (he should really try BoingVert (http://www.boingvert.com), the official jump program of the best dunkers in the world (http://www.youtube.com/teamflightbrothers)), and King George and Lancelot need to be putting on some professionalism (in the sense of getting over rookie jitters and performance, not necessarily personality or behavior). I'm impressed with Lancelot's determination this offseason, as well as George's; with the amount of talent they both already have, they just need to buckle down and not be too afraid to produce when called on next season.

With that said, if George certainly was heading overseas to play ball, I would be joyous. As long as he's willing to work and become better, which, with his work ethic, appears to be what he wants.

I really wish this lockout would end, though, so I would stop going deep into unnecessary subjects, and start worrying about who we're signing/trading. I don't like this lockout at all. It makes me do dumb things out of boredom, like write seven paragraphs about Casey Anthony on Facebook. I don't even really care about that baby-murderer! I just want my basketball back!

Merz
07-08-2011, 04:07 AM

He needs to work on certain things this offseason, ball handling especially. You actually improve certain aspects more by drilling and working on them specifically than you do by playing.

I'm not saying it would happen, but other negatives from playing overseas could be possibly getting injured or learning bad habits. Bad habits like becoming a ball hog if his overseas team wants him to just focus on putting the ball in the basket (which should be easier on a foreign team and not quite as easy in the NBA).

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 04:49 AM
He needs to work on certain things this offseason, ball handling especially. You actually improve certain aspects more by drilling and working on them specifically than you do by playing.

I'm not saying it would happen, but other negatives from playing overseas could be possibly getting injured or learning bad habits. Bad habits like becoming a ball hog if his overseas team wants him to just focus on putting the ball in the basket (which should be easier on a foreign team and not quite as easy in the NBA).

Getting injured? he has the same chance of getting injured as he does here. I mean he is playing in pick up leagues. Plus he could get hurt doing anything like getting out of the bath tub al Kerry Wood:laugh:.

Midcoasted
07-08-2011, 05:13 AM
I thought this had to either be a joke or I wasn't that worried because I knew he would be back anyways. I'm glad he's staying over here though.

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 05:33 AM
I didn't see Paul's tweet in realtime, but rather in retrospect, followed by "haha! Had all of you scared!!! ".* It would be interesting if he played in France with Hill, building some chemistry, but I think keeping him close to home and (possibly) on the court with Vogel would be better for him.

We're only a week into this lockout, and I'm even more excited for the next season than I was before. I really hope Vogel and his new staff can get the guys into the gym (or any gym) so they can have a headstart on the players and teams more concerned with making money or "making a point" during the lockout. If there's one negative thing this lockout brings, it's that the Pacers aren't technically "able" to develop as a team.

My hope is that, while this lockout is taking its sweet time, Bird is in his office making as many under-the-table calls as he can, Vogel's briefing his staff on how this next season should go, and the boys just keep practicing and getting better.

Roy needs to be putting on weight, Tyler needs to be putting on vertical/athleticism (he should really try BoingVert (http://www.boingvert.com), the official jump program of the best dunkers in the world (http://www.youtube.com/teamflightbrothers)), and King George and Lancelot need to be putting on some professionalism (in the sense of getting over rookie jitters and performance, not necessarily personality or behavior). I'm impressed with Lancelot's determination this offseason, as well as George's; with the amount of talent they both already have, they just need to buckle down and not be too afraid to produce when called on next season.

With that said, if George certainly was heading overseas to play ball, I would be joyous. As long as he's willing to work and become better, which, with his work ethic, appears to be what he wants.

I really wish this lockout would end, though, so I would stop going deep into unnecessary subjects, and start worrying about who we're signing/trading. I don't like this lockout at all. It makes me do dumb things out of boredom, like write seven paragraphs about Casey Anthony on Facebook. I don't even really care about that baby-murderer! I just want my basketball back!

with Vogel? Bird making trade calls? thats not allowed. Paul will just be out at Impact in Vegas or a gym in Cali training he wont be in Indy it doesn't really matter anyways. I think it would be good for him to go to Europe(mostly so i can watch his games) but it doesn't really matter. I think playing in the euro league will only benefit you. Because if you play with bad habits the coach will bench you. ala why Brandon Jennings didn't play much in euro league.

and about Casey Anthony look how DG feels

dgranger33 Danny Granger
I have lost all faith in our justice system... This woman kills her daughter, throws her in a pool, and then gets set free smh

tell me how u really feel Danny :laugh:

Merz
07-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Getting injured? he has the same chance of getting injured as he does here. I mean he is playing in pick up leagues. Plus he could get hurt doing anything like getting out of the bath tub al Kerry Wood:laugh:.

As I said "I'm not saying it would happen". Please read the post you quote.

You know the chances of a player getting injured is higher when they are playing. Don't let the occasional Jay Williams or Monta Ellis injury carry more weight than all the injuries players get playing basketball each season. Look up on Murphy's law as well.

Besides that point, players improve more in the offseason when they work on their weaknesses than they do during the season when they have to play to their strengths. Players who could fall behind on their conditioning are the ones who should be thinking about playing overseas. Paul will work out whether there is a season or not.

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 05:49 AM
As I said "I'm not saying it would happen". Please read the post you quote.

You know the chances of a player getting injured is higher when they are playing. Don't let the occasional Jay Williams or Monta Ellis injury carry more weight than all the injuries players get playing basketball each season. Look up on Murphy's law as well.

Besides that point, players improve more in the offseason when they work on their weaknesses than they do during the season when they have to play to their strengths. Players who could fall behind on their conditioning are the ones who should be thinking about playing overseas. Paul will work out whether there is a season or not.
Paul can work on his weaknesses both places I mean in practice you can work on your game and he can get a better feel for the game in the euro league. Remember he is still raw offensively more game reps wouldn't hurt.

But the real reason i want him to go over would be to watch him play lol

Merz
07-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Paul can work on his weaknesses both places I mean in practice you can work on your game and he can get a better feel for the game in the euro league. Remember he is still raw offensively more game reps wouldn't hurt.

But the real reason i want him to go over would be to watch him play lol

I'd love to be able to watch him play as well...

damn lockout

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 06:04 AM
I'd love to be able to watch him play as well...

damn lockout

he should go to Besiktas and play with Deron Willams. If Kobe goes also that team would be so fun to watch.

PacerGuy
07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
he should go to Besiktas and play with & recruit Deron Willams.

FIXED! :D

PS: P4E, what is up w/ that team at the bottom of your sig? Is that some XBox/PS thing?

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
FIXED! :D

PS: P4E, what is up w/ that team at the bottom of your sig? Is that some XBox/PS thing?

ya

but how can he recruit Dwill if Dwill already agreed to go :laugh:? Dwill will recruit Kobe!

Day-V
07-08-2011, 10:21 AM
C'mon, we're talking about the Pacers here.

If our guys went overseas, there would be no "chemistry building", there'd be ACL Tearing. Lots and lots of ACL Tearing.

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 10:23 AM
C'mon, we're talking about the Pacers here.

If our guys went overseas, there would be no "chemistry building", there'd be ACL Tearing. Lots and lots of ACL Tearing.

He could tear his acl walking on the snow or working out i mean injury's aren't predictable

but this is :laugh:

pacer4ever
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Mike Wells agrees with me he says it is a no brainier to go over seas. He said "you could get hurt driving on big joe at the local YMCA" :laugh:

should be on the podcast today for Big Joe and Grady

McKeyFan
07-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm not saying it would happen, but other negatives from playing overseas could be possibly getting injured or learning bad habits. Bad habits like becoming a ball hog if his overseas team wants him to just focus on putting the ball in the basket
That's a bad habit I'd like PG to pick up.

Merz
07-08-2011, 07:53 PM
That's a bad habit I'd like PG to pick up.

I'd love for him to be more aggressive on offense as well...perhaps I worded that wrong...I would hate for him to become a "black hole" due to being "the man" on an inferior foreign team (of course that depends on which foreign team he went to. If he went to Deron William's or some other star's team that wouldn't happen).

McKeyFan
07-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd love for him to be more aggressive on offense as well...perhaps I worded that wrong...I would hate for him to become a "black hole" due to being "the man" on an inferior foreign team (of course that depends on which foreign team he went to. If he went to Deron William's or some other star's team that wouldn't happen).

Your point that he could pick up a bad habit is a good one.

Because of his natural unselfish demeanor, he is unlikely to go to the other extreme.

For the record, I'd rather he lean toward unselfishness than a black hole me-first player.

SMosley21
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Saw someone say he should play in France with George Hill. Obviously there was some info missed there. Hill is already back in the states. He was only going to France to play in an exhibition "all-star" game that was organized by Nicolas Batum.