PDA

View Full Version : Turkey on the verge of getting Stanko

Kegboy
07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Sounds like maybe Danny was right all along.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/turkey/29181/stanko_barac_i_should_sign_with_anadolu_efes_.html

Stanko Barac: 'I should sign with Anadolu Efes'
The player confirmed he is on the verge of moving to Turkey

Redazione Sportando - E. Carchia

As reported by Javno, Stanko Barac said that he is moving to Turkey where he will be playing for Anadolu Efes Istanbul.

The big man had a terrific season with Caja Laboral in 2010-11 and is travelling to Istanbul for the medical examinations.

"If everything will be ok, I should sign an agreement with Anadolu Efes" confirmed Barac that added that the negotiations with the TUrkish team were very long.

CableKC
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM
As long as there is a buyout option for Stanko to get out of his Euro contract....I'm fine with this. I just care if he is allowed to come to Indy in the 2012-2013 season or not.

ballism
07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Either way, untill we know more details, hard to judge this from our perspective. Will this be a longer contract, what the buyout?
Otherwise, Turkish league is weaker, obviously, but still very good. And it's still a very good Euroleague team. So it shouldn't hinder his progress.

*Edit - my mistake, it's a croatian source.*

Kegboy
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
It'd be nice if the long negotiations were over an affordable buyout option, but who knows.

wintermute
07-06-2011, 06:31 PM
The earlier report I saw said that this was a transfer. Efes is buying players in hopes of making a big splash. So Stanko should still be playing under his old contract, which does have an NBA buyout.

Of course, they might be renegotiating that contract as part of the transfer. Hopefully not.

It does mean that Stanko is definitely not coming over for 2011-12. Just as well I guess with the lockout so unpredictable.

ballism
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
The earlier report I saw said that this was a transfer.

If this is a transfer and not an opt out, it would mean Efes is paying a significant fee, most likely several millions euros.

Which raises the question then -- why wouldn't Efes at least try for a better NBA center instead? Dalembert, Kwame, Kurt Thomas, Chuck Hayes there are plenty of veteran candidates for a one year lockout deal.

Unless they are also renegotiating the contract and they are sure they'll keep Stanko for several years.

Shade
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
:vaderno:

Merz
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Which raises the question then -- why wouldn't Efes at least try for a better NBA center instead? Dalembert, Kwame, Kurt Thomas, Chuck Hayes there are plenty of veteran candidates for a one year lockout deal.

Because perhaps Stanko IS a better NBA center!!

:D

ballism
07-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Because perhaps Stanko IS a better NBA center!!

:D

Perhaps I'd believe there's a small chance of that being true, if he wasn't outplayed by a 35 y.o. Rasho Nesterovic in Euroleague games just a few months ago. :)

Trophy
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
No. You SHOULD sign with the Indiana Pacers.

wintermute
07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
If this is a transfer and not an opt out, it would mean Efes is paying a significant fee, most likely several millions euros.

Unless they are also renegotiating the contract and they are sure they'll keep Stanko for several years.

If Stanko exercises his NBA buyout in 2012, wouldn't Efes then get the buyout money? That would offset most if not all of the transfer fee, I think.

And the lockout is unpredictable. There's no guarantee any of those guys you mentioned would be willing to play in Europe, and more importantly, willing to stay in Europe should the lockout get resolved midseason.