PDA

View Full Version : If they were a package deal...

Hicks
07-05-2011, 12:38 AM
... what kinds of players (quality-wise, name names) do you think we could get for Granger and Hibbert in a single trade? Specifically in a 2 for 1 trade?

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 12:42 AM
If Orlando knew Dwight wasn't willing to play for Orlando (like Utah with D-will)in the future maybe him. Again we would have to gamble Dwight would play here and i highly doubt he would so i doubt that trade could happen.

King Tuts Tomb
07-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Hoopshype (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm) has Hibbert and Granger's combined salaries at about $14.5 million.

The chart on the left here (http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm) has the top 30 salaries (don't know if they're from this year or last). Bynum, picks and cash maybe?

ballism
07-05-2011, 01:09 AM
If we include those "my franchise FA isn't taking an extension, I'm in panic mode" deal, I think we can get everyone. Certainly as good as what the Knicks gave to Denver. But we aren't taking a risk on any of those, so...

In terms of "fair" deals... Lets see, which teams have a below average center and need an offense-first SF?

Boston won't give Rondo.
Atlanta would give Josh Smith, but I would only do it for Al Horford - won't happen.
Miami and Chris Bosh? Maybe if it gets bad, but I wouldn't do it if I were them.
Phillie would give Iguodala and change I suppose.
Monta? Probably.
Lakers wouldn't give Bynum.
Cleveland, Charlotte, Houston, Toronto, Detroit would be interested I guess, but I don't really see a 2 for 1 deal that works here.

imawhat
07-05-2011, 01:12 AM
That combo could land us a franchise player in the right circumstance.

I'd hope we could more than a Bynum or Iggy for that trade. We don't want Bynum. He already looks like a post knee injury JO in terms of problems.

OakMoses
07-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I think the answer is no one you would want.

You could probably get Pau Gasol or Al Jefferson, or any one of the Granger level guys with huge contracts (Joe Johnson, Rashard Lewis, etc.).

The absolute best you could hope for would be Chris Paul or Dwight Howard if they force a trade and are willing to come to Indy.

You might be able to pry Kevin Love away from Minnesota with that offer.

Wage
07-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Bynum, picks and cash maybe?

If that sad mess is the best we could hope to get out of Granger and Hibbert, I hope Bird stops taking calls from other GMs completely.

imbtyler
07-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Unfortunately, this will sound crazy due to how prone to injury both players are, but if we got Greg Oden and Brandon Roy from Portland, we'd have our go-to scoring shooting guard with crunchtime fever (http://youtu.be/-McSwCxU9q0). Yeh, we've got the position mostly filled now with George Hill, and it wouldn't really be worth losing two of our "franchise players" for two oft-injured benchriders with massive amounts of potential.

Also, it will never, EVER happen, but if it took Granger and Hibbert to make it happen, I'd bring Kevin Durant to Indy, pay him like a monarch, and keep him forever.

King Tuts Tomb
07-05-2011, 01:47 AM
If that sad mess is the best we could hope to get out of Granger and Hibbert, I hope Bird stops taking calls from other GMs completely.

I was just looking for a straight 2 for 1 because that's what he asked about and that's all I could find in the same salary range but I agree, it's not all that appetizing an offer.

A.B.Hollywood
07-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Rudy Gay
Josh Smith (plus maybe an ATL pick)
Kevin Love

and then of the elite but *possible* options:

Dwight Howard and Chris Paul

With Paul we'd likely have to include DC as well. But thats OK with me. I'd offer these two for Dwight for sure though and the Magic would have to seriously consider it. (although both of these deals they'd want PG first)

CooperManning
07-05-2011, 02:27 AM
I think the only semi-realistic one worth considering would be Kevin Love.

We couldn't get Lebron, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Griffin, Melo, Deron, or D-Rose. Dwight and CP3 wouldn't sign here. I wouldn't do it for players like Josh Smith, Iggy, Monta, Bosh, Bynum, etc.

Love's 22 and looks to be a fairly dominant big man for the next 8-10 years. Probably wouldn't have much of a problem re-signing him either.

I don't know if Minny would do it though. Derrick Williams and Beasley are both sort of 3s and Wes Johnson is a 2/3. Not tons of need for Danny, though they could use Roy.

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 02:31 AM

We couldn't get Lebron, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Griffin, Melo, Deron, or D-Rose. Dwight and CP3 wouldn't sign here. I wouldn't do it for players like Josh Smith, Iggy, Monta, Bosh, Bynum, etc.

Love's 22 and looks to be a fairly dominant big man for the next 8-10 years. Probably wouldn't have much of a problem re-signing him either.

I don't know if Minny would do it though. Derrick Williams and Beasley are both sort of 3s and Wes Johnson is a 2/3. Not tons of need for Danny, though they could use Roy.

I wouldn't do it for Love or nearly anyone outside stars. It would be like Minney for him he would put up #s on a bad team. I only want Love to pair with Hibbert.

Jose Slaughter
07-05-2011, 02:32 AM
I would think we'd want a big coming back to us & the first name that popped into my head was LaMarcus Aldridge.

CableKC
07-05-2011, 02:42 AM
At the very least.....IMHO...such an offer could be considered one of the top offers that any Team can get if they really wanted to move a true Franchise Level Player. I'm not saying this because I'm being a homer when it comes to both being Pacers....it's more that you're looking at 2 Players with good trade value. Keep in mind that Granger and Hibbert are 2 Starting Quality Players at their respective positions...where Granger is a top 10 SF in the league and Hibbert is a solid quality Starting Center that could still get better ( or at worst stay the same ).

I'm not saying that they can net a CP3 or Dwight outright...I'm saying that if either were ever on the trading block and Teams were looking for offers....I think that an offer of Granger + Hibbert would be considered a very good offer that their Teams could get.

But to be realistic....when it comes to Teams looking to move a CP3 or Dwight Franchise Level Player....they are looking to rebuild...not retool ( like what the Nuggets did ).

CableKC
07-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Rudy Gay
Josh Smith (plus maybe an ATL pick)
Kevin Love

Sorry, but if the Pacers offered BOTH Granger and Hibbert and the best that they can get for both in a single trade is Rudy Gay, Josh Smith or Kevin Love....then the FO should be fired or Granger and Hibbert's value is much lower then I suspected.

All 3 are borderline All-Star Level Players that are on the same par IMHO with a Player like Granger. Adding Hibbert to the mix is overpaying by a mile.

The only Player that I'd even remotely consider sending both is Kevin Love....and I wouldn't even consider that a real option unless we were getting back something slightly more then Kevin Love.

Pacemaker
07-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Good deals have been done in the past giving a lot less than that (See the Pau Gasol trade) the Lakers stole that one. By the time they did it Marc wasn't even in the NBA.

mattie
07-05-2011, 03:17 AM
The problem with us ever trading for a certain superstar player is losing our assets in the first place. Because if we lose our talent than we put each star in a situation he was trying to get out of in the first place: A no talent team in the rebuilding stage.

I don't buy for one second that CP3 or Howard would refuse to sign here. That's just ridiculous unless you have some inside information that they prefer a particular destination.

Now what would make both players bolt the second they hit free agency is if we had to trade our most talented guys in the first place. I truly believe Howard and CP3 would love to play for our teams as is. But they probably don't want to play for the Pacers if their only side kicks are George squared.

It's one of the reasons why I almost feel like it wouldn't be worth it to trade Roy and Granger for Dwight in the first place. Should a GM do it? Of course, you have to just because if you have a chance to get a superstar you do it- but I'd almost for see Howard coming to us, the team playing terribly, and then him bolting the following summer. - Again, if Howard was available as FA with our current team intact, I don't think he would have a problem at all signing with us, no matter how many times Stern tries to convince us superstars need larger local markets.(Hint: Stars don't need local markets, they're too big anyways, they'll be on TV no matter where they play)

Free agency I think is the best chance for us to land someone like CP3 or Howard.

Edit- On the terms of trading Roy and Granger then, the best thing that I would look for is probably young talented big men with huge upside and expiring contracts to make it work. That could be an honest attempt to improve our team with out ruining the teams chances in the future. For instance maybe if the Pacers did a trade of Granger and Roy for Cousins, Bismack, and an expiring contract. Or maybe you could do Thornton, Bismack (if you wanted to avoid Cousins) and an expiring... Those are just off the wall ideas, without actually studying to see if such a deal was possible btw.

ballism
07-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Did I miss Kings acquiring Bismack?

mattie
07-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Did I miss Kings acquiring Bismack?

I thought they drafted him.

Edit- I'm an idiot, he was traded to the Bobcats.

Point doesn't change though, it wasn't the particular players that was important.. I was trying to argue trading for young talent on rookie contracts might be a better route than trading our assets now for someone who will bolt because a lack of talent.

Kegboy
07-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Hoopshype (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm) has Hibbert and Granger's combined salaries at about $14.5 million.

The chart on the left here (http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm) has the top 30 salaries (don't know if they're from this year or last). Bynum, picks and cash maybe?

Those are current salaries. I was so happy when they updated for the new fiscal year and all that **** on our financial roster was finally, mercifully gone.

I can't come up with anything better than Jose's suggestion of Aldridge. Obviously you'd prefer a true 5 like Dwight, and in a vacuum that package would work to get a disgruntled star like him. The problem would be keeping him.

yoadknux
07-05-2011, 07:09 AM
This package won't get us anything. Granger is a 2nd tier guy and Roy doesn't have enough value to turn a 2nd tier guy into a superstar... which means, we're going to get a 2nd tier and something else. If we add future first round picks then it could land us CP3/Howard.

ballism
07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
But if you are Blazers, it makes 0 sense for you to trade Aldridge for Danny and Hibbert.
Edit - in reply to the Aldridge posts.

The Jackson shimmy
07-05-2011, 07:30 AM
I've never been a big DG fan and I'm kinda lukewarm on Hibbs. But
that said, I wouldn't even consider trading them as a package for
just Kevin Love.

Where Dwight Howard is concerned, I'd happily trade any combo
of 2 Pacers players required to make the deal happen.

OakMoses
07-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately, this will sound crazy due to how prone to injury both players are, but if we got Greg Oden and Brandon Roy from Portland, we'd have our go-to scoring shooting guard with crunchtime fever (http://youtu.be/-McSwCxU9q0). Yeh, we've got the position mostly filled now with George Hill, and it wouldn't really be worth losing two of our "franchise players" for two oft-injured benchriders with massive amounts of potential.

The question I was thinking about was if we would trade a 2nd round pick for Brandon Roy if Portland offered us the deal. There are rumors he could be a casualty of the amnesty clause.

Infinite MAN_force
07-05-2011, 07:43 AM

Except Minny likes Danny, and Danny is significantly better than all those guys right now (I don't want to hear it, Beasley fans, you are wrong.) Danny is the consolation prize for losing your best player, Hibbert fills the big man hole.

This is one of those deals I would be more apt to consider once we have a better feel for how a guy like Paul George (and to a far lesser extent, Lance) is developing. If George starts to make the offensive strides people think he's capable of, a deal like this could be palatable.

That said, I feel like deals where teams swap their best players are really rare, I just don't see something like this happening... but who knows, it's Kahn.

Justin Tyme
07-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Howard and CP3 are pipe dreams. Neither would stay due to the loss of talent to get them. Why would they want to re-sign on a team that has little talent. Howard plays on a team now that has more talent than the Pacers would then.

Better yet, why would Bird make another deal for a player who will bolt as soon as their contract is up. Let's not forget what Bird's man crush for Peja ended up being... a half year rental of Peja that eventually turned into a 4 1/2 year albatross contract of a Warriors player that put the Pacers in salary he11. Surely, Bird has gotten smarter than that! At least, one would hope so.

All I see this trade doing is bailing out the Magic and Hornets from losing their star player while giving them good players to rebuild with while the Pacers are taking a HUGE gamble that they can keep Howard/CP3. I would hope Herb would NOT put his stamp of approval on such a wild gamble.

Hicks
07-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know; let's say we traded Danny and Roy and our 2012 first for Dwight Howard.

A core of Dwight Howard, Paul George, George Hill, Darren Collison, and Tyler Hansbrough combined with one or two core acquisitions from free agency or trade could be a pretty interesting team, even if Paul doesn't leap forward offensively like I think he might.

I'd certainly like to see Dwight in a system where the coach thinks "smash mouth" instead of a coach (SVG) who thinks "four out".

And if you want really good defense, starting Hill, George, and Dwight is a ridiculously good start. I would also imagine Dwight's presence in the paint would maximize Tyler Hansbrough's abilities as well (much like Shaq helped whichever PF was lucky enough to play with him back in the day).

MillerTime
07-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I would trade Granger + Hibbert plus 2012 first rounder + 2014 first rounder for Dwight Howard.

Then somehow get a SG that can score (like Mayo) and we're set.

Pretty easy eh

Gamble1
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Howard and CP3 are pipe dreams. Neither would stay due to the loss of talent to get them. Why would they want to re-sign on a team that has little talent. Howard plays on a team now that has more talent than the Pacers would then.
Well its summer and there is a lockout. Pretty much pipe dreams are all we have to pass the time.

Granger and Hibbert would be enough to land Howard IMO but I would only do it if it was a sign and trade. I also don't think Howard would be willing to stay in Indy because as you pointed out there would be plenty of teams more talented than us to offer him a contract.

Hicks
07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
there would be plenty of teams more talented than us to offer him a contract.

And who would that be?

Reginald
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
... what kinds of players (quality-wise, name names) do you think we could get for Granger and Hibbert in a single trade? Specifically in a 2 for 1 trade?

Not the answer you're looking for I realize, but if the responses in this thread are any indication I don't see any better deal on the market than just keeping them both and hoping Hibbert continues to develop as a consistent low-post presence and defender. It's a low-risk, high-reward non-move.

Gamble1
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
And who would that be?
Assuming that a sign and trade is still in the new CBA a lot of teams would be in the running for Howard and if the there is no more sign and trades in the CBA then Howard IMO chooses winning over everything else.

I think every team would make an offer for Howard whether thats a good offer or not I don't know. Howard in the end will decide much like Melo decided in the end and who knows if the Pacers are on his list but based on past history I am not holding my breath.

For one Bird won't make a move unless Howard is under a longterm deal. The best thing to help the Pacers cause is to win big and thats going to take a lot of developement from Collison, HIbbert and most importantly PG.

MnvrChvy
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't do this for anyone but Howard, because then you would have to fill the 5 spot with an amazing talent. I don't see that being possible unless Chandler is willing to pull away from the Mavs. Consider also, that if it's a trade of Danny and Hibbs, then you still have a huge chunk of cap space to work with to bring in another talent. :eek: And they might actually be willing to come here in that case. Plus, I don't think Tyler is a bad starting PF across from Howard.

Anthem
07-05-2011, 10:37 PM

That's awful.

King Tuts Tomb
07-05-2011, 10:43 PM
That's awful.

Maybe you missed last page when I said:

I was just looking for a straight 2 for 1 because that's what he asked about and that's all I could find in the same salary range but I agree, it's not all that appetizing an offer.

He asked specifically for a straight up two-for-one and Bynum was the only player in that salary range who fits. I already acknowledged its awfulness.

A.B.Hollywood
07-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Sorry, but if the Pacers offered BOTH Granger and Hibbert and the best that they can get for both in a single trade is Rudy Gay, Josh Smith or Kevin Love....then the FO should be fired or Granger and Hibbert's value is much lower then I suspected.

All 3 are borderline All-Star Level Players that are on the same par IMHO with a Player like Granger. Adding Hibbert to the mix is overpaying by a mile.

The only Player that I'd even remotely consider sending both is Kevin Love....and I wouldn't even consider that a real option unless we were getting back something slightly more then Kevin Love.

I'm not saying I endorse these deals they are simply the best I think we can get.

I will say though that Gay and Love are both more valuable than Granger. So you may be overvaluing a bit here. Regardless I do agree these aren't wise moves for us.

A.B.Hollywood
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Really? The best players on the Magic aside from Dwight are Jameer Nelson, JJ Reddick and some broken down versions of Hedo and Gilbert. Both of which have immovable contracts.

I'd much rather have DC, Paul George, George Hill and Hansborough with a TON of cap flexibility to fill multiple other spots than that. And I'm anything but a Pacer homer here. I probably am harder on our guys than most on this board.

A.B.Hollywood
07-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Not the answer you're looking for I realize, but if the responses in this thread are any indication I don't see any better deal on the market than just keeping them both and hoping Hibbert continues to develop as a consistent low-post presence and defender. It's a low-risk, high-reward non-move.

I agree. And I just mentioned this in another thread but since DH is the focal point I will mention it here too:

ATL needs a Center. Hibbert + Rush + Price likely gets us Josh Smith. And I mean VERY likely. If we got Smith I am telling you our chances of landing DH just shot through the roof. These are players who have both been clamoring to play together (as was the basis for the rumored ATL/ORL trade about 3 weeks ago). They grew up together in Atlanta and even played on the same AAU team.

Why wouldn't Dwight Howard want to come to a young team with his Best friend in Josh Smith, Danny Granger and the young talented wing that is Paul George. Throw in a super fast PG in DC that is bound to find his alley-oops and some great depth with Hill and Tyler and we have the team to rival the Heat and Bulls for years to come.

No joke, I think it's possible. Unlikely of course, but unlike the crazy ****** people normally throw out here this is actually plausible IMO

Hicks
07-06-2011, 12:15 AM
To those who are saying you'd trade Granger and Roy for Kevin Love, where do you expect Kevin to start, center?

And if you say power forward, who on earth starts at center?

ballism
07-06-2011, 12:32 AM
To those who are saying you'd trade Granger and Roy for Kevin Love, where do you expect Kevin to start, center?

If we trade them for CP3, who will be the center and what do we do with DC? That's irrelevant question if you acquire considerably better talent.

So I guess the real question is, is K-Love that much of a difference maker / or has enough upside to justify that deal? I think he is.
In terms of positions, he could play both, in fact, he's been more efficient at center than PF this year, and his slow feet weren't as exposed defensively.
Also, you'd open up so much cap space with that deal, you could sign any two free agents this summer. You'd target all 3 top centers, and you'd probably make a run at a wing like Caron Butler. Worst case, you get Dalembert and work trades.

Hicks
07-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't think Love is that much of an upgrade. Certainly not as much as Chris Paul would be. I like Love, but I don't think that's even close.

CableKC
07-06-2011, 12:46 AM

Kevin Love could easily be a top 5 PF in the league in the near future. As to who starts at Center.....well, you do what you usually do when you trade your Starting Center for a Player at another position...you start looking for a new one via Trade, Free Agency or the Draft.

But as I said...I'm on the fence if there truly was an option to getting a Player like Kevin Love for Granger and Hibbert....I'd consider it....but we'd have to get back something else of value in return.

A.B.Hollywood
07-06-2011, 12:48 AM
I don't think Love is that much of an upgrade. Certainly not as much as Chris Paul would be. I like Love, but I don't think that's even close.

I agree. When compared to the elites that are at least *possible* he is not in the same league as CP3 and DH.

I do think he's right there with Rudy Gay though. Maybe slightly higher.

A.B.Hollywood
07-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Kevin Love could easily be a top 5 PF in the league in the near future. As to who starts at Center.....well, you do what you usually do when you trade your Starting Center for a Player at another position...you start looking for a new one via Trade, Free Agency or the Draft.

But as I said...I'm on the fence if there truly was an option to getting a Player like Kevin Love for Granger and Hibbert....I'd consider it....but we'd have to get back something else of value in return.

He's not top 5 right now?

Dirk, Amare, Blake Griffin are the only 3 ahead for me currently. I think he fits right in with the Aldridge, Bosh range. Zach Randolph is also in the mix. Point is he is already there for sure. Blake I am likely overvaluing too by comparison.

pizza guy
07-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I think those two, paired with a pick or something, could definitely land us CP3, Howard, or Love because all three are in situations where they could conceivably be moved and DG+Hibs is a pretty good package. We're talking about an All-Star (using that term loosely) and an improving true C. If ORL or NO really think they're going to lose their guys, this package (especially when you consider the reasonable contracts of both of our guys) must be very appealing.

I think, unless I'm just really over-valuing our guys out of homerism, if Larry Bird started making calls around the league that started with DG+Hibbert, he'd have every team interested. Every team. We're not getting Kobe, Lebron, or DRose, but I can't imagine a single team that wouldn't at least try to put together a package to make that deal.

ballism
07-06-2011, 12:58 AM
He's not in the top 5 superstar range, but is he in the range where you trade Danny and Hibbert for him and you feel you are consolidating talent? To me, he is. If you can get a more talented piece for two less talented pieces, AND get a ton of cap space to sign more pieces, to me it's a no brainer. I wouldn't worry who will be 5 or 4.

CooperManning
07-06-2011, 01:13 AM

Unlikely anyone will disagree with you that Paul would be a better upgrade than Love, but I'd guess CP3 is even less likely to sign longterm in Indy than Dwight.

You play Love at 4 and sign Nene at 5, ideally.

I'm not saying Love is a money in the bank trade, but if you're asking who we could get for Roy and Danny, you could do worse than a 22 year old all-star that lead the league in rebounding. Even if his system allowed him to get more boards, you could dock him 3 rebounds a game and he'd still have more than anyone but Dwight.

And I don't know if there's an assumption out there that Love is what he is, but he still has room to grow. He's three years younger than Tyler, after all.

At the end of the day I probably don't do it, but I think Love would be the best realistic option if we have to give up both Danny and Roy.

CableKC
07-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Unlikely anyone will disagree with you that Paul would be a better upgrade than Love, but I'd guess CP3 is even less likely to sign longterm in Indy than Dwight.

You play Love at 4 and sign Nene at 5, ideally.

I'm not saying Love is a money in the bank trade, but if you're asking who we could get for Roy and Danny, you could do worse than a 22 year old all-star that lead the league in rebounding. Even if his system allowed him to get more boards, you could dock him 3 rebounds a game and he'd still have more than anyone but Dwight.

And I don't know if there's an assumption out there that Love is what he is, but he still has room to grow. He's three years younger than Tyler, after all.

At the end of the day I probably don't do it, but I think Love would be the best realistic option if we have to give up both Danny and Roy.
I agree here.....( man, we've been on the same wavelength when it comes to PFs as of late ;) )...but admit that it would depend on what else that we could get in return in addition to Kevin Love. I think that Granger+Hibbert is slightly overpaying for Kevin Love.

Isaac
07-06-2011, 02:47 AM
If we traded Granger and Hibbert for Love we would win less games than Minny did last year. Who's going to score for that team? Who's going to defend?

Granger/Hibbert and picks is a reasonable low-ball offer for a CP3 or Dwight Howard, but would be topped by someone else.

The two of them combined are worth more to us as basketball players than as trade assets.

RLeWorm
07-06-2011, 03:11 AM
i think people around the league overrate granger, so our team would get better

cinotimz
07-06-2011, 03:15 AM
That might possibly get the Clippers attention when it comes to Gordon. Not sure if they would bite on Gordon and Kaman. Probably not.

RLeWorm
07-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Roy Hibbert is better than Kevin Love! All kevin Love cares about is double doubles and not wins

CooperManning
07-06-2011, 03:57 AM
If we traded Granger and Hibbert for Love we would win less games than Minny did last year.

I would welcome DC/PG/Harrison Barnes/Kevin Love/Boomer#00 with open arms.

ballism
07-06-2011, 04:04 AM
If we traded Granger and Hibbert for Love we would win less games than Minny did last year.

So Hill, George, DC, Tyler, Vogel and whoever you buy for 30 mil in cap space is worse than Darko, Beasley, Luke Ridnour, Wesley Johnson and Kurt Rambis? I would hope not...

Justin Tyme
07-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Roy Hibbert is better than Kevin Love!

All kevin Love cares about is double doubles and not wins

Really!

He's the type player you want on your team, but then you have to have other players of value and worth on a team to win. You have to have a coach and system better than Rambis and the Triangle too. You also need a GM that KNOWS how to acquire players to play with you that can win games.

I guess Granger for x straight years was only interested in increasing his scoring average by 5 points each year instead of winning games.

spreedom
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Roy Hibbert is better than Kevin Love! All kevin Love cares about is double doubles and not wins

Opposite of Thanks. That is just plain wrong. No two ways about it.

imbtyler
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
The question I was thinking about was if we would trade a 2nd round pick for Brandon Roy if Portland offered us the deal. There are rumors he could be a casualty of the amnesty clause.

What?? If Portland offered us Brandon Roy for a second round pick, and we didn't pick him up, I would be furious. Even if we "didn't need him", he'd be a fantastic trade chip, if necessary.

CooperManning
07-06-2011, 01:03 PM
What?? If Portland offered us Brandon Roy for a second round pick, and we didn't pick him up, I would be furious. Even if we "didn't need him", he'd be a fantastic trade chip, if necessary.

You're willing to bet $50,000,000 on that knee? I'm not so sure.

CableKC
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
You sure about that?

He's owed a guaranteed $68 mil over the next 4 seasons.....with his knee problems....you think that he's still worth a 2nd round pick?

Unless he comes with an iron clad Insurance policy that would cover ALL of that liability without impacting the long-Term salary Cap of the Team....yeah...I'd easily pass on taking on Brandon Roy.

Taterhead
07-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Wow, I would have to do that. I love Roy but Dwight is the best big in the game. He's a once in a generation type of center. We have a lot of things going for us to potentially resign him too. We have a lot of very good young players. We have a ton of cap space to work with. We are one of just a few teams that have the flexibility to build a championship team around either of them(Howard or Paul), or potentially both of them. And I think at the end of the day if they want to win they will look for a place that has resources to make that happen, which we have. And if we get Dwight before next offseason, then I would potentially consider us a favorite to

If Peyton Manning can get a bazillion commercials and become the face of his sport and win a title right here in Indianapolis, then why couldn't Dwight Howard?

People around the country don't look at Indy like they do Chicago. But they also don't look at it like they do Toronto or Minnesota or Cleveland either. We have a rich basketball tradition here and are in no way some second rate city. I've been to these mega markets and they ain't all there cracked up to be. The truth is, they are their own biggest fan. Not everybody is in love with skyscrapers and hoopla.

pacer4ever
07-06-2011, 03:29 PM
You're willing to bet $50,000,000 on that knee? I'm not so sure.

im not sure? im sure I wouldn't take Brandon Roy even if they gave us 2 future first a longs with him. his knee is ****ed