PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid To Offer Six-Year Deal To Rudy Fernandez

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo reported on Sunday that Real Madrid will offer a six-year deal to Rudy Fernandez worth $4.35 million annually.

Fernandez is due $2.2 million next season and would become a restricted free agent in 12-13.

Fernandez was traded to the Mavericks on the night of the draft.

Fernandez is expected to honor the remainder of his NBA contract and then return to Spain.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214535/Real_Madrid_To_Offer_Six_Year_Deal_To_Fernandez#ix zz1R6wjzXji

Why hasn't he already accept this deal? He wanted to go home last year and this contract is way better than anything he will get in the NBA. I would of already taken the money and went home to Spain if i was him lol.

Trophy
07-04-2011, 01:32 AM
He's been home sick, but a 6 year contract is a lot and now that he's with the defending champs, he might want to get a fresh start with them and would be a pretty huge piece off the bench or maybe even starting at SG.

ballism
07-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Josh Childress got 5 years 6.5 mil a year guaranteed, so I don't see why Rudy can't get more than 4.35 mil per.
Especially if Dallas lose some combo of Barea, Butler and Stephenson to free agency.

That said, with the lockout, unclear CBA, not to mention the awesomeness of Spain - Rudy probably takes the deal.

ballism
07-04-2011, 01:46 AM
If I'm Rudy, I try to drag this out a bit, maybe sign for the lockout only, and keep my options open. If Dallas brings back their current wings, sign with Real. But if you are a top 3 wing on a title contender.... you may want to give it a try.

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 01:55 AM
If I'm Rudy, I try to drag this out a bit, maybe sign for the lockout only, and keep my options open. If Dallas brings back their current wings, sign with Real. But if you are a top 3 wing on a title contender.... you may want to give it a try.

I hope he takes this deal I would love to watch him and Nikola Mirotic play together for the next 4 years. That would become my favorite team in Europe . Besides for Manresa because they just signed Adam Hanga my fellow country man first decent Hungarian player.

Kstat
07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
The best part is that Rudy is a Spaniard, and thus won't count against the Spanish league cap on foreigners, so his value is doubled.

I find it pathetic that this is actually a rule.

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 08:19 AM
The best part is that Rudy is a Spaniard, and thus won't count against the Spanish league cap on foreigners, so his value is doubled.

I find it pathetic that this is actually a rule.

Yes and Jon Scheyer is Jewish and can get duel citizenship so he gets more money with Maccabi seems like a common thing to work the system

imawhat
07-04-2011, 12:00 PM
The soccer team?

able
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
yes just like Barca they own a basketball team too