PDA

View Full Version : If anyone needs a good laugh BR article

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 12:21 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/753054-indiana-pacers-bold-predictions-for-each-of-indianas-big-three-in-2011

this article is the most homeristic thing i have ever read it is so lol

here is my favorite part.....................................:laugh:

The Roy Hibbert-Darren Collison-George Hill combination could even rival the Miller-Mullin-Jackson-Davis combination of the mid-late 90s.

For the first time in years, Indiana looks to have a legitimate "Big Three."

Here is a bold look at what Indiana’s Big Three will do in 2011.

I'm assuming that the team's best player Danny Granger is dealt, and Paul George continues to struggle from the field.

Season permitting, of course.

:lol:

I want what this guy was smoking !

He also thinks George Hill will make the all star team and Roy Hibbert will ave 20 and 10 it made me laugh for a good 10 minutes

Prediction: Hibbert will work into a more dominant Alonzo Mourningesque role for the Pacers in 2011. His stat line will read closely to 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 3-4 blocked shots per game.

Prediction: Following the Granger trade, Hill will move to a shooting guard/small forward position, and will make the 2011 Eastern Conference NBA All-Star Team.
lol George Hill at the 3 :lol:

and here is his DC2 prediction

Prediction: Collison will average 15-20 points and 10-15 assists per game in 2011.

this article was hilarious and though it will give everyone a much needed laugh

Trophy
07-04-2011, 12:27 AM
At least it's a complement towards our players even though it sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

For what he's talking about, I wouldn't consider DC part of our big 3 and of course Paul is going to improve enough hopefully to be this team's star leader.

We don't have a "Big 3" yet.

EDIT: Since there's more, George at SF? :laugh:

I think this guy is a Pacer fan though. He keeps defending our players and saying we're good which is a good thing especially if he's not a Pacer fan.

However, I don't even know what to think about this guy anymore. I'll just take the complements about our players and walk away.

ballism
07-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Nice, DC will be a 20-15 guy, Roy will be like Mutombo only better scorer and Hill will be an All Star.
I trust this writer.

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 12:30 AM
At least it's a complement towards our players even though it sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

For what he's talking about, I wouldn't consider DC part of our big 3 and of course Paul is going to improve enough hopefully to be this team's star leader.

that is what i found so odd he thinks Paul George will struggle next year(which is possible)

But with what he said about the other players made me :spock:

i mean George Hill an all star :laugh:

ChristianDudley
07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Well he had a few valid points...except some of them wouldn't happen in what would be the 11-12 season, if there is an 11-12 season. Here's what I think about the points made above:

Sure, I'm fine with:

-No doubt there's great potential that they'll be good--that's what we're all hoping for as Pacers FANS, right?
-Roy could very well be a 20pt/10reb/3blk player, with at least 3 assists per game in there as well--he showed it for a month or so to start the season, then went into his "depression" and then had plenty of strong showings throughout the end of the season. He just needs to gain that confidence back and keep growing as a player. It might not happen in the next year, but I believe it will definitely happen and then some throughout his NBA career--Big Roy will be a FORCE.

On the fence:

-I'm not sure about Darren Collison averaging 15 assists per game as the league leaders in recent years I know haven't averaged that many. I could see him averaging 8-10 for sure, though. I could also see him getting anywhere from 16-20 PPG as long as we run the offense through him like New Orleans did for him while CP3 was injured. Just like Roy and several of our other young players, time will tell for DC--what they need most is experience, which they are getting right now. The playoff berth was great for all of them. Now is just the time to build on it.

What I do not agree with:

-What the heck does he mean that PG will still struggle from the field?!?!?! He obviously doesn't know this kid's game. PG will definitely be one of the best scorers/shooters in the league throughout his career in my opinion.
-George Hill IS NOT a 3 and will never be.
-Granger won't be traded during this next year, even if there was no such thing as this lockout, unless we get some CRAZY trade offer that we can't resist. We all know that Bird's asking price is high as he still thinks Granger is the "leader" of this team.
-George Hill making the All-Star team in the next NBA season? It would be nice to have at least one Pacer as an All-Star, but it would be at least Danny or Roy, or maybe even Collison, before it would be G3.

These are just my thoughts as it was just something to do. I mean who really cares about what somebody posts as their opinions on a random site about our favorite NBA team? I mean that's all BleacherReport is lol.

ChristianDudley
07-04-2011, 12:46 AM
I will add that we don't really know who our "Big 3" is right now, even though they are clearly not like LBJ/Wade/Bosh or what the Celtics had in Pierce/Allen/KG during the Celtics' first run with that group. We very well might not even have our roster lined out yet to have our "Big 3" yet...We might only have 1 of those guys right now for all we know. Right now the five I'd consider would be:

Roy Hibbert
Danny Granger
Darren Collison
Paul George
George Hill
and I would have Tyler Hansbrough as a candidate also as he could really emerge into some consistency in his career that could produce games nonstop of 20 and 10 like he had several times this past season.

I will just say that this team is getting really fun to watch as they develop together. A great group of hard working players, built from the ground up. It is making the past several years of bad basketball worth waiting through to get to what we have now for the future.

Pacer Fan
07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Sorry, But,
I do see it funny really.

Hill played the 3 quite abit in Spursville, even in the playoffs, not sure about the All Stars...lol.

If Danny is traded for a really good PF, then this will help Hibbert tremendously and he could have a much better year. Not impossible at all, well the blocks are abit high...lol.

Dc has the ability, no doubt about it. Once he gets it going with stable team/coach...I think he will blossom, points and assist are abit high tho... lol.

Ok, it's alittle funny!;)

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Sorry, But,
I do see it funny really.

Hill played the 3 quite abit in Spursville, even in the playoffs, not sure about the All Stars...lol.

If Danny is traded for a really good PF, then this will help Hibbert tremendously and he could have a much better year. Not impossible at all, well the blocks are abit high...lol.

Dc has the ability, no doubt about it. Once he gets it going with stable team/coach...I think he will blossom, points and assist are abit high tho... lol.

Ok, it's alittle funny!;)

when did George Hill every play SF with the Spurs? I remember him always playing pg and sg. I think there is a 0% chance he plays SF.

ballism
07-04-2011, 01:01 AM
when did George Hill every play SF with the Spurs? I remember him always playing pg and sg. I think there is a 0% chance he plays SF.

He didn't.

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 01:05 AM

EDIT: Since there's more, George at SF? :laugh:

I think this guy is a Pacer fan though. He keeps defending our players and saying we're good which is a good thing especially if he's not a Pacer fan.

However, I don't even know what to think about this guy anymore. I'll just take the complements about our players and walk away.

He said he is a Pistons fan i bet it is Kstat just :censored: with us

Trophy
When he said he considered George more of a wing man than a combo guard, you can tell he has no idea what he's talking about.

He's pretty much speaking of the opposite.

The guy who deserves the most praise and has the most potential to be a star is Paul.

No doubt the other guys will be huge for us and solid players. Hopefully turning us into contenders in the playoffs, but I don't see them having as much potential to be stars like Paul.

However, I play My Player on 2K11 and the Pacers have the best record and DC is like the star of the team. Maybe his league is the same and he's judging us off that? :shrug:

Pacer Fan

He played the 3 sometimes on offense and more on defense. I'd guess about 10-15 minutes a game depending on opponent. Sometimes more on defense depending on the matchup. He has a 6'9" wingspan and really good jumps. If you have NBA and they are showing the playoff replays...try to watch, he plays the 3 vs Grizz at times.

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 01:07 AM
He played the 3 sometimes on offense and more on defense. I'd guess about 10-15 minutes a game depending on opponent. Sometimes more on defense depending on the matchup. He has a 6'9" wingspan and really good jumps. If you have NBA you and they are showing the playoff replays...try to watch, he plays the 3 vs Grizz at times.

Well i would but NBA TV is now Dunk Contests from the 80s TV or WNBA action TV. They arent showing current players :mad:

Trophy
07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
He said he is a Pistons fan i bet it is Kstat just :censored: with us

Well we do have a better team with more potential than the Pistons.

I just don't get BR writers sometimes and I definitely don't get this guy giving our players THIS much praise considering he's the fan of our biggest rival.

Thanks though? :rolleyes:

Pacer Fan
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Yea, bummer, I was watching them all after we got him to check him out more. He didn't really play to his potential throughout the series. He seemed temid on offense, but it was probably cause he wasn't shooting very well.

imawhat
07-04-2011, 12:05 PM
The author of this article is likely super young....too young to remember the Miller-Mullin-Jackson-Davis combo. I mean, that's the combo they're using instead of Jackson-Miller-Smits.

LetsTalkPacers
07-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Id say this article is spot on.

spazzxb
07-04-2011, 03:00 PM
EDIT: Since there's more, George at SF? :laugh:.

People need to start using the names on the back of these guys Jerseys if the want to refer to them by just one name. Obviously its no reach for a 6'9 guy to play both wing positions. Not really complaining its just completly avoidable confusion.

Kegboy
07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe they should just go back to plagerizing Kravitz.

ilive4sports
07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
People need to start using the names on the back of these guys Jerseys if the want to refer to them by just one name. Obviously its no reach for a 6'9 guy to play both wing positions. Not really complaining its just completly avoidable confusion.

I agree, when I first read it, I was like Paul George can easily play SF, wtf? And then I realized we were talking about George Hill. We need settle on what to call these guys.

Kegboy
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
We need settle on what to call these guys.

Obtuse nicknames aside, we call them Paul and Hill, respectively. Of course, if we get Chris Paul, we're screwed.

I worked somewhere where two girls had the same first name, did the same job, and sat right next to each other. Not a big deal, we just called them by their last names. Problem was, one married a guy that worked there, and then the other's husband came to work there as well. Then it got confusing.

redfoster
07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
I think George Hill is going to be a DOMINANT Power Forward for this team and lead us to AT LEAST 6 championships, even if we do lock out all of next season!

Doddage
07-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Obtuse nicknames aside, we call them Paul and Hill, respectively. Of course, if we get Chris Paul, we're screwed.
We'd then see the next reincarnation of the mashup username: ChrisPaulGeorgeHill.

ilive4sports
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Of course, if we get Chris Paul, we're screwed.

:jules:
:spock:
:wtf2:

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 04:20 PM
:jules:
:spock:
:wtf2:

he means with all the similar names not basketball wise. However if we sign CP3 we would probably S&T one of the weird names like George Hill. lol

ilive4sports
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
he means with all the similar names not basketball wise. However if we sign CP3 we would probably S&T one of the weird names like George Hill. lol

I know, just having some fun.

Kegboy
07-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I know, just having some fun.

Oh, no I was completely serious. Why would we waste money on that guy when we have Lance.

/greenfont

BringJackBack
07-04-2011, 05:46 PM

redfoster
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
This guy forgot the part where Lance becomes President of the United States in 2012.

And Mike Dunleavy becomes head of the World Bank (dude knows how to get paid).

pacer4ever
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
This guy forgot the part where Lance becomes President of the United States in 2012.

And Mike Dunleavy becomes head of the World Bank (dude knows how to get paid).

If Lance became President no joke I would move back to Budapest and live full time.

Banta
07-04-2011, 09:30 PM
***, brother, I would be elated to see Collison average 8 assists. And Hibbert its not outrageous to imagine Hibbert averaging 18-20 ppg in his career best season, but 10 boards is dreaming unless he undergoes some radical change in mentality.