PDA

View Full Version : (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

MrPreGame
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Seems to be getting some much needed work in while he's locked out.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8YNXzwxrt2s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

PG just sounds like he is on track to be a true pro very soon. I can't doubt his drive and work ethic. Really can't wait to see the potential turn into visible on the court results.

Pacersalltheway10
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Does he ever take off those Pacer shorts? lol

ECKrueger
07-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope he is always representing Indiana :) Gotta love Paul.

MrPreGame
07-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Ive been waiting years for a Pacer to proudly represent the team. If he keeps aiming to be like the Kobe Bryant's of the world then I can't find a fault with the guy. Dare i say franchise savior? (i know i know calm down lol)

rock747
07-02-2011, 03:16 PM
He is definetly very well spoken. You would think you are listening to a seasoned superstar giving an interview.

Midcoasted
07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I just can't stop thinking of Lance and this guy in their primes in 2 years destroying other teams. I've said it before, between the two you have two guys that match up well with an aging LeBron and Dwade. I can't think of any team in the East that has two 20 year back court old talents, one 6'5, one 6'9, both with above average wingspans, that both could be potential superstars one day.

This is why I think we could contend very soon. We did it with Reggie and a bunch of good/average players. There is no reason to think this group can't do the same or even better, because they have a lot more natural talent than the Pacers that competed for a decade.

A.B.Hollywood
07-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Ive been waiting years for a Pacer to proudly represent the team. If he keeps aiming to be like the Kobe Bryant's of the world then I can't find a fault with the guy. Dare i say franchise savior? (i know i know calm down lol)

Good god the pressure that is on this kid is palpable.

mohawk al
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Is it just me or does trainer Steve Campbell look very similar to Vern Fleming?

I have to agree that George is such a good interviewee. And this is the kind of stuff that gets me excited during the lockout, seeing George working so hard. I really hope that the rest of the Pacers work this hard too

BlueNGold
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
This reminds me a bit of the time when Chuck Person was "the man" in Indy and Reggie Miller came in and took over. I suspect Paul will be "the man" in Indy within 24 months.

A.B.Hollywood
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
He is definetly very well spoken.

Thats racist.

just kidding Hicks! :D

BringJackBack
07-02-2011, 04:09 PM

:rolleyes:

JBones19
07-02-2011, 04:41 PM
At the 14 second mark in the beginning it looks like Granger is there too.

MaHa3000
07-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Yea, that's defiantly Granger.

Merz
07-02-2011, 08:45 PM

Good eye

PacerDude
07-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I just can't stop thinking of Lance and this guy in their primes in 2 years destroying other teams. I've said it before, between the two you have two guys that match up well.If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

But yeah, that's quite a thought ...............

ilive4sports
07-03-2011, 04:05 AM
If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

Kid's and their imaginations these days.

pacer4ever
07-03-2011, 04:20 AM
If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

I disagree with questioning his dedication to basketball the man loves basketball I mean it has been his life since he was 14. I could see questioning weather he will work on his weakness but i don't question that he plays basketball as much as Paul. I love that Paul is in the gym lets be honest he needs to add 15 pds of muscle. While Lance on the other hand doesn't need to be in the weight room. He needs to improve quickness and defense of mobility and shooting. I mean by what has come out lately Lance has supposedly lost around 15pds since the end of the season(which is what exactly what he needed to do to help his weakness). But questioning the other things I competently agree and those are huge question marks. I hope Lance keeps his head on straight and becomes a contributor next year with his competitiveness we will see how seriously he is taking his career by weather he A.) stays out of trouble during the lockout B.) see how much improvement has been made by the next time he steps on to the field house court. This is critical IMO to seeing if Lance will fulfill his potential seeing how he comes back from a lockout will tell me if Lance truly meant it. When he said in a interview "i want to be an all star in 5 years". He needs to work his *** off and earn his teammates respect that he seemingly didn't have last year and the respect of the fans.

Pacerfan83
07-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Thanx for the video pre game. Nice to see a young talent like Paul being productive this offseason and dedicating himself. Hopefully Lance sees this video and starts hitting a 24 hr fitness also ha.

Pacerfan83
07-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Them true blues are nice too. I just copped a pair. He should wear those in Conseco

pacer4ever
07-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanx for the video pre game. Nice to see a young talent like Paul being productive this offseason and dedicating himself. Hopefully Lance sees this video and starts hitting a 24 hr fitness also ha.

see i don't like these kind of comments. Just because PG has twitter and posts like "im about to workout trying to be the best" he is labeled a harder work than other players. You don't think Lance is working on his game? Better example i haven't heard **** about Tyler working out and trying to get better does this mean he isn't? I just think because PG and Hibbert publicizes all their stuff they gets more love than guys who workout and don't tweet about it. Perfect example is Danny Granger he tweets all the time hardly ever about basketball. But i know for a fact Danny is in LA playing pickup ball with a lot of top tier talent and also has a personal trainer who works him out. I like that DC, PG, and Roy tweet they are working out and preparing. But i am also confident a lot of the NBA works as hard as those 3. They just don't tweet or make videos about it.

Pacerfan83
07-03-2011, 04:33 AM
No your just taking it the wrong way. If you seen any of my past posts u would see I have nothing but love for lance. Im just stating my opinion that I hope lance is doing the same thing. Don't get it twisted

Pacerfan83
07-03-2011, 04:34 AM
And besides I'm not worried about Hans and Roy they both put in work in college, lance is still a kid. Just saying

pacer4ever
07-03-2011, 04:40 AM
No your just taking it the wrong way. If you seen any of my past posts u would see I have nothing but love for lance. Im just stating my opinion that I hope lance is doing the same thing. Don't get it twisted

I can tell you for sure Lance is working on his game. I mean i don't know if he is working on his weakness besides for just losing 15 pds(which you said I hope he hits up LA fitness so obviously he has done something you wanted him to do lose weight) which should help Lance. He is noticeably quicker at the Indy pro am which is good. Paul is working on his weakness by hitting the weights which should really help.

Pacerfan83
07-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Well just want u to know I didn't mean it as a shot at lance. I could see how one could perceive it after re-reading it. I hope your right cause that boy has hella talent and am rooting for him to succeed with us. I know Larry sure stuck his *** on the line for him.

pacer4ever
07-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Well just want u to know I didn't mean it as a shot at lance. I could see how one could perceive it after re-reading it. I hope your right cause that boy has hella talent and am rooting for him to succeed with us. I know Larry sure stuck his *** on the line for him.

dude it isn't even about Lance. It is just in general. I mean to some what Roy and Paul do could be perceived as cocky or a PR stunt to get more fans. I just feel the majority of players in the NBA work as hard as Roy and Paul do. They just don't have a spot on pacers.com(Paul and Roy kick boxing / MMA last year or another web site showing they work out. (i may be completely wrong maybe Paul and Roy have a lot better work ethics than most other players)

Just to reiterate i am happy they tweet and talk about wanting to improve . I just think most of the players are working on their game as hard as them they just are more quiet or private people ala Tyler hans.

daschysta
07-03-2011, 04:04 PM
dude it isn't even about Lance. It is just in general. I mean to some what Roy and Paul do could be perceived as cocky or a PR stunt to get more fans. I just feel the majority of players in the NBA work as hard as Roy and Paul do. They just don't have a spot on pacers.com(Paul and Roy kick boxing / MMA last year or another web site showing they work out. (i may be completely wrong maybe Paul and Roy have a lot better work ethics than most other players)

Just to reiterate i am happy they tweet and talk about wanting to improve . I just think most of the players are working on their game as hard as them they just are more quiet or private people ala Tyler hans.

Roy completely transformed his body over the course of one off season, that is above and beyond what most players do. You could see the proof right in front of you if you just compare his body the year before to the year after.

pacer4ever
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Roy completely transformed his body over the course of one off season, that is above and beyond what most players do. You could see the proof right in front of you if you just compare his body the year before to the year after.

Roy changed his body but after he did that he was getting pushed off the block often last season. He wasn't as strong as he was before IMO.

ilive4sports
07-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Roy changed his body but after he did that he was getting pushed off the block often last season. He wasn't as strong as he was before IMO.

Which is why he is hitting the weights this off season.

daschysta
07-03-2011, 11:06 PM

Getting pushed off the blocks has nothign to do with the amount of work he had to put in to completely change his physique. We were talking about work ethic. Roy is surely working hard to get stronger this offseason.

Day-V
07-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Paul George is awesome.