PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV/TiVo/Tonight's Game

ChicagoJ
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Anybody else having an issue setting up tonight's game on TiVo?

I keep getting a "pay per view" "purchase and record" message - I've been on the phone with DirecTV for what seems like an eternity. Actually, I've been on hold, listening to a Boy Band on music - took care of that "Jimmy Eats World" problem.

Kegboy
10-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Have you tried a manual recording? If the game is going to show, I'd think you could just record on that channel. But then, maybe the DirectTV version won't let you do that.

ChicagoJ
10-19-2004, 05:38 PM
That's how the call with DirecTV concluded. :irked:

Officially, the league pass doesn't start until the regular season begins. So I can watch the games, and manually record them, but I can't set up TiVo in advance of tipoff.

Kegboy
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM
That's how the call with DirecTV concluded. :irked:

Officially, the league pass doesn't start until the regular season begins. So I can watch the games, and manually record them, but I can't set up TiVo in advance of tipoff.

That sucks. But then, you've actually got LP, so I'm not too sympathetic. ;)

I take it you're not coming down for the game.

ChicagoJ
10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
:chuckle:

I'll save the driving for the regular season - although I'm actually p!$$ed that we don't play a preseason game in Chicago.

tora tora
10-19-2004, 10:06 PM
I had the same problem, nothing but the option to purchase so I couldn't set it up to record... luckily the lady was home to manually record it for me.

ChicagoJ
10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I had the same problem, nothing but the option to purchase so I couldn't set it up to record... luckily the lady was home to manually record it for me.

Same result here. Looks like that's what we'll have to do for all the preseason games.