PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Brown -Backup Shooting Guard

Kamiyohk
06-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Shannon Brown informed the team Thursday that he was exercising his option to terminate the final year of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent.

Brown and his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said this was the best time for the 6-foot-4 guard to test the free-agent market, even though the NBA is about to impose a lockout and no one knows what the future collective bargaining agreement will be.

Brown had to let the Lakers know of his decision by Thursday's deadline.
"We made the best decision for me and everybody around me," Brown said in a telephone interview. "It's an interesting time to do this because of the lockout, but I think this is the best thing for me to do right now."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214498/Shannon_Brown_Opts_For_Free_Agency#ixzz1QoIrD6J6

cdash
06-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll pass. With the addition of George Hill, he doesn't really fit a need.

pwee31
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Big Man Big Man Big Man

Smoothdave1
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Where would he play? We have Brandon, GHill3, Dahntay and Lance who can all play the 2. As of now, we have the following:

PG: DC, Hill, Price
SG: Rush, Dahntay, Lance
SF: Danny, PG, Posey
PF: Tyler
C: Roy,

Notice any holes here? We need bigs! We need a 4 and a back-up 5 and may sign another big or two for depth.

joeco
06-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd like to have Brown. His athleticism is off the charts and would help breaking down defenses. Not to mention he's been playing for an elite team for years and knows how to win.

Problem is he'll demand a starters salary and thats exactly what hes not.

cdash
06-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Where would he play? We have Brandon, GHill3, Dahntay and Lance who can all play the 2. As of now, we have the following:

PG: DC, Hill, Price
SG: Rush, Dahntay, Lance
SF: Danny, PG, Posey
PF: Tyler
C: Roy,

Notice any holes here? We need bigs! We need a 4 and a back-up 5 and may sign another big or two for depth.

You forgot to add the guy who started at the 2 for us at the end of the season and in the playoffs: Paul George. Rush is donezo here imo.

KingGeorge
06-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Shannon Brown could start somewhere for more money. No way he would want to play off the bench here.

pacers74
06-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I would have liked to take a shot at Brown before we got Hill, but if Larry really wants Lance to play we don't need any more PGs or SGs. We have DC, Hill, and AJ to play PG and George, Hill, and Lance to play SG. If all things work out Hill and Lance can play together and either can be interchanable at PG and SG.

imbtyler
06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I originally liked the idea of bringing Shannon Brown to Indy, but George Hill and Lance Stephenson's recent dedication render him a bit redundant. Lancelot is taller than him, yet not as athletic, and Brown doesn't play the 3 very much/well.

ballism
06-30-2011, 10:17 PM
"No D" Brown! I think I like Brandon Rush more.

ECKrueger
06-30-2011, 11:42 PM
I want no part of a guy named Shannon, nor a Laker.