PDA

View Full Version : Can Granger Be Used for Trade Bait

jpatt34
06-30-2011, 12:37 PM
With the acquisition of george Hill do you think Granger is still on the block. Bird pretty much said DC is the starting point guard and he is really high on PG so he would want to see him continue to grow. Could that push Granger out for that PF that we desperately need and possibly a back up center. Our new line up would be
1. DC
2. George Hill
3. Paul George (he is 6'9)
4. PF traded for Granger
5. Roy Hibbert

Just tossing the idea around. Any thoughts

Jose Slaughter
06-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm married with a kid..... anything is possible

luis3ep
06-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Granger is extremely valuable to the team, and is currently the Franchise player.. but i would consider trading him only if we get something really good.. obviously we'd have to package in a 1st rounder or another player to get something great. I say hold on to him for the first half of the season and see if the playoffs / this off season has changed anything.. and if he's the same, trade him.

Major Cold
06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Granger is no more expendable than had we kept Leonard. In fact if we kept Leonard, Danny would be the one to go.

We will not trade Danny unless we get players that will make us better now and the future.

CooperManning
06-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Oh boy, another trade Granger thread. I think I'll sit this one out and maybe get involved in next week's or something.

Justin Tyme
06-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh boy, another trade Granger thread. I think I'll sit this one out and maybe get involved in next week's or something.

SOP for discussing trades.

yoadknux
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Larry said they would rather add pieces around Granger than trade him, and judging by the trade rumors we're only going to trade him for top talent.
We finally made the playoffs, we can't just trade our best player without getting a better player in return.

Hoop
06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
NO NO and Hell NO

Pacer Fan
06-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Questions to go Hmmm?

How many players need to be added into the current starting line up to contend for ECF?

If Pacers can't get top/starting talent thru free agency this year, then how can the Pacers get top talent?

Trading DJ, BR, AP, LS (pieces of the non core players) and draft picks?

Trading RH, PG, TH, DC, G3 (pieces of the core) and draft picks?

Trading combination of core , non core, draft pick(s)?

Example: Hibbert, Hansbrough, Jones, Posey and 2012 1st rnd pick for Josh Smith and Keith Benson.

If Pacers can trade Danny for your favorite PF in the league, would the Pacers be better off?

Trading Danny for multiple rookie(s) to 3 yrs in the league potential and/or starting talent, then plug in top talent from Future FA's and Trades?

pacers74
06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I doubt we use Granger to get a guy this year. We are going to have a very short free agency/preseason this year. Bird won't take a lose on a Granger trade, and I don't see any teams looking to trade a young all-star big for Granger. (I don't want to trade Al Jefferson for Granger either) If we can't sign Nene or West for the right price I bet Bird goes for a smaller deal and gets Milsap for cap space and a future first round pick.

Pacer Fan
06-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I doubt we use Granger to get a guy this year. We are going to have a very short free agency/preseason this year. Bird won't take a lose on a Granger trade, and I don't see any teams looking to trade a young all-star big for Granger. (I don't want to trade Al Jefferson for Granger either) If we can't sign Nene or West for the right price I bet Bird goes for a smaller deal and gets Milsap for cap space and a future first round pick.

How is LB going to get Milsap and a future 1st rnd draft pick? For Danny?

pacers74
06-30-2011, 10:35 PM

1. Utah has a ton of Bigs
2. They could use the cap space
3. This would after the new CBA and every knows the cap will be smaller. How much is the question.
4. LB got DC and only gave up Murphy. He can get it done.

Pacer Fan
06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
1. Utah has a ton of Bigs
2. They could use the cap space
3. This would after the new CBA and every knows the cap will be smaller. How much is the question.
4. LB got DC and only gave up Murphy. He can get it done.

Ignore the CBA, cause it will not effect anything on the 1st couple years, especially the 1st year, this has been stated several times in the CBA proposals.

Jazz is 3+ million under cap at this time, they have 2 C, 2 PF and Rookie Kanter C/PF on their roster. This isn't a ton of bigs, this is normal.
If they want to move cap they would be smart to move Okur's 1 yr. 11 mil. contract. So, they are not desperate.

Jazz isn't going to just give Millsap away for cap space, so who / what is the Pacers gonna give for Millsap?

Also, There was much more to that trade with DC. Pacers did have to take Posey's splintered butt for 2 yrs. 14 million.

beast23
06-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Or, you can take another avenue.... "IGNORE" is your friend.

troyc11a
06-30-2011, 11:21 PM

Trade Granger for a guy who has only been relevant in the NBA for 1 year? I am not sure that trade would help us at all. Probably set us back a little. If DG is traded he has to be replaced. Instead, we are replacing a guy (Tyler) who will probably put up very similar numbers than Milsap over the next 2-3 years. Maybe not as good but close to it.
So your trade proposal would marginally upgrade 1 position while we take a major hit at the 3 - which happens to be our best player.
BTW - draft picks do not impress me. If Utah got Granger they would instantly be a 50 win team if they bring back any of their guys.
Trade is to lopsided in favor of Utah.

pacers74
07-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Ignore the CBA, cause it will not effect anything on the 1st couple years, especially the 1st year, this has been stated several times in the CBA proposals.

Jazz is 3+ million under cap at this time, they have 2 C, 2 PF and Rookie Kanter C/PF on their roster. This isn't a ton of bigs, this is normal.
If they want to move cap they would be smart to move Okur's 1 yr. 11 mil. contract. So, they are not desperate.

Jazz isn't going to just give Millsap away for cap space, so who / what is the Pacers gonna give for Millsap?

Also, There was much more to that trade with DC. Pacers did have to take Posey's splintered butt for 2 yrs. 14 million.

The Jazz only have 8 players under contract, and they will still have to pay Kanter and Burks once the lockout is over. Many things can happen to the new CBA you can't predict it right now. Also, if you don't think taking on Posey for a whole 2 years to get DC and get rid of Murphy wasn't a steal then you must not be watching the same team as me.

granger33
07-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Granger is our best player, no one in the league is untouchable. Larry has stated his not trading anyone from our core group unless it makes us a much better team. Danny has been the only player who has gone through this whole rebuilding phase playing night in night out, hate to lose him as soon as we are gathering a good group of players.

Doddage
07-01-2011, 04:37 AM
Do not want George Hill at starting SG.

Shade
07-01-2011, 07:43 AM
The only reason to trade Granger is if the deal is obviously in our favor. Otherwise, we're just spinning our wheels making lateral moves.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Pacers did have to take Posey's splintered butt for 2 yrs. 14 million.

Even Bird took in consideration Posey wasn't going to cost the Pacers 14 mil with a lockout coming, so the total cost of Posey will be a lot less. Maybe even 7 mil less. For each month of the season there is a lockout, it saves the Pacers over 1 mil in salary to Posey.

The lockout was a reason I never had a problem trading for Hinrich. I knew much if not all of his last year won't be paid.

PacerGuy
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Even Bird took in consideration Posey wasn't going to cost the Pacers 14 mil with a lockout coming, so the total cost of Posey will be a lot less. Maybe even 7 mil less. For each month of the season there is a lockout, it saves the Pacers over 1 mil in salary to Posey.

The lockout was a reason I never had a problem trading for Hinrich. I knew much if not all of his last year won't be paid.

This begs the question:
If there is an Amnesty opportunity, & say we are looking @ a 50 game season, would you cut Posey (the bigger savings, but shorter expiring deal), or D.Jones (smaller but longer deal, giving us more '12 cap space)?

IMO I cut D.Jones.

Pacer Fan
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Trade Granger for a guy who has only been relevant in the NBA for 1 year? I am not sure that trade would help us at all. Probably set us back a little. If DG is traded he has to be replaced. Instead, we are replacing a guy (Tyler) who will probably put up very similar numbers than Milsap over the next 2-3 years. Maybe not as good but close to it.
So your trade proposal would marginally upgrade 1 position while we take a major hit at the 3 - which happens to be our best player.
BTW - draft picks do not impress me. If Utah got Granger they would instantly be a 50 win team if they bring back any of their guys.
Trade is to lopsided in favor of Utah.

I'm not wanting to trade Granger for Milsap. I was asking a question to Pacers74. Go back and read the thread man!

Pacer Fan
07-01-2011, 10:47 PM

Really, Did Larry Bird Freakin tell you this crap!!!

Pacer Fan
07-01-2011, 11:06 PM
The Jazz only have 8 players under contract, and they will still have to pay Kanter and Burks once the lockout is over. Many things can happen to the new CBA you can't predict it right now. Also, if you don't think taking on Posey for a whole 2 years to get DC and get rid of Murphy wasn't a steal then you must not be watching the same team as me.

So, they move Okur's contract and save 11 million, then they have Jefferson, Kanter at center and Milsap, Favors at power forward, it's a near perfect line up. WTF would they keep Okur's 11mil over Millsap's 7mil?

The previous cap was 58 mil. If there is a hard / flex cap in the new cba it will be atleast 62 mil as the last owners proposal stated. This would give Jazz 7 mil to work with, then the players salaries will be reduced across the board for another 6mil at (Figuring 10%) which will be a total of 13 million under a cap of 62 mil. Then if they get rid of Okur's 11 mil, that would give Jazz a total of 24 million under a cap of 62 million. If they can't keep Milsap and sign their Rookies an other FA's for 13 to 24 million then they have serious issues dude!!!