PDA

View Full Version : Seen Lance

Pacerfan83
06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I was watching a documentary on Netflix last night about the top under high school players in the country playing a game against each other at Rucker park. Anyways the teams consisted of a lot of current NBA players including Beasley, Bayless, Green, Love, Singler, Lance and others. Lance was the youngest of all the players being only 15. Most were 17-18. Now I know why Larry is so high on him. Dude straight killed it. He was insane. Had crazy vision, great athleticism and decent defense. I really hope he matures or is maturing because he could really help our team in the future.

Trophy
06-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Not doubt Lance can ball.

This summer, he's doing everything he should be doing. He's staying in Indy and working more on his game and trying to adjust to what we want him to do for us.

Outside of basketball, he's become a better guy. He's been in the community and just spending his summer in Indy and mind on basketball is the best thing you can ask for from him or any young player.

I cannot wait to see how he and George do. Both guys are really good combo guards who can tear it up. Should be fun.

Pacerfan83
06-29-2011, 11:52 PM
That's what I like to here. Our backcourt will be solid with DC, Both george's and Lance.

sportfireman
06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm going to check it out. Whats the name of the Netflix show they are in?

EDIT: Found it....Gunnin For That #1 Spot..... If anyone else wants to check it out.

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm going to check it out. Whats the name of the Netflix show they are in?

EDIT: Found it....Gunnin For That #1 Spot..... If anyone else wants to check it out.

Ya ive seen not this documentary but some tapes when he balled verus John Wall and a bunch of great ballers at rucker park. Rumor was last got the better of John Wall but i didn't see the full game so i don't know if that is true.

all the elite HS players play. Lance played a few years in a row.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/93mj2Z1k1Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(ALERT NO DEFENSE IS PLAYED IN THESE ALL STAR GAMES)

righteouscool
06-30-2011, 12:58 AM
^ John Wall is ridiculously fast

Placebo
06-30-2011, 01:54 AM
The entire documentary is available free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lvAG7WKP4

I always watch it on draft days to get in the mood lol.

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 02:21 AM
The entire documentary is available free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lvAG7WKP4

I always watch it on draft days to get in the mood lol.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/11lvAG7WKP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YpmjjK_Iwmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LRlou35Oq0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vc0utte4UOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

audio does not work on last part :mad:

rel
06-30-2011, 02:33 AM
...beasley talks tooooo much :P funny seeing him jabber at love especially now that they're on the same team

i swear, if it was 3 years ago and someone told me Lance Stephenson would get drafted by the pacers, i would have pooped my pants thinking the pacers finally caught a break and got a top 3 pick and a future superstar. I guess the latter is still possible :pray:

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 02:40 AM
...beasley talks tooooo much :P funny seeing him jabber at love especially now that they're on the same team

i swear, if it was 3 years ago and someone told me Lance Stephenson would get drafted by the pacers, i would have pooped my pants thinking the pacers finally caught a break and got a top 3 pick and a future superstar. I guess the latter is still possible :pray:

Kevin Love was huge in HS

Pacerfan83
06-30-2011, 02:48 AM

Yeah Beasley talked mad smack at Love. Beasley backed it up on the court but Love held his own. Not much doubt who is better now LoL

Lou Bega
06-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Lance Hype has to stop. He is a great basketball player & a terrible professional.

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Lance Hype has to stop. He is a great basketball player & a terrible professional.

Little early to brand him that, no?

Foul on Smits
06-30-2011, 10:03 AM

Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!

DeuceXL
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM

And Kobe Bryant raped some chick. What's your point?

Ownagedood
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Ya ive seen him play streetball back then before as well. He was awesome. That's why he was very popular coming out of high school. Thus far it has just taken him a little while to transition from street/High school ball to College ball and now the NBA. But i think he does have ridiculous potential.

CoolHand
06-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh, you were there and saw that happen? The last I heard, they dropped that case against him, which means to me, that the DA must not have had a very good case against him. It's very possible, as far as I'm concerned, that the g/f made it up in an attempt to get $$. He has undoubtedly exercised some poor judgment at times, but let's not make him guilty of crimes for which he hasn't even been prosecuted, let alone found guilty in a court of law.

Lou Bega
06-30-2011, 10:12 AM

No, he lost out when we had to bring back T J Ford for his immaturity issues. The organization locked up a playoff spot, MDJ makes the playoffs for the first time in his career and I have to read an article Lance demoted to 4th string. He was just getting his chance to show the fans what Larry is drooling over and blew his chance.

Lou Bega
06-30-2011, 10:14 AM

Mad/Angry women are very scary. Lance felt threatened & defended himself.

Psyren
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM

You would make an awful jury member.

You assume he did because some media outlet told you he did.

If you remember correctly, the charges against him were dropped.

Now that's not to say he didn't do it, but it sure doesn't say he did do it either.

It's better to just let the whole thing go. Unless you were there (were you :whoknows:) it's better to just leave it in the past.

Foul on Smits
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh, you were there and saw that happen? The last I heard, they dropped that case against him, which means to me, that the DA must not have had a very good case against him. It's very possible, as far as I'm concerned, that the g/f made it up in an attempt to get $$. He has undoubtedly exercised some poor judgment at times, but let's not make him guilty of crimes for which he hasn't even been prosecuted, let alone found guilty in a court of law.

Yah I wasnt there when O.J killed two people either.

Foul on Smits
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
You would make an awful jury member.

You assume he did because some media outlet told you he did.

If you remember correctly, the charges against him were dropped.

Now that's not to say he didn't do it, but it sure doesn't say he did do it either.

It's better to just let the whole thing go. Unless you were there (were you :whoknows:) it's better to just leave it in the past.

Good point.

If you weren't there, it never happened.

Brilliant.

BPump33
06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Every damn time. :(

CoolHand
06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Good point.

Brilliant.

I think the point is that unless you were there, you don't know what happened. Furthermore, without having all the evidence at hand, one shouldn't assume someone guilty of something of which they've been accused. Isn't our court system based upon "innocent until proven guilty?" So why assume that Lance is guilty (as your original statement did)? Wouldn't you want the benefit of the doubt if you had been accused of something (assuming you were innocent)? Innocent people are accused of things all the time. That is why we have a court system to decide the cases, and don't just have police throwing people straight into prison. But go ahead and keep assuming the worst of people. Karma has a way of working that stuff out...

I'm not saying that Lance didn't push her down the stairs, by the way. I'm just saying that I'm not going to assume he did, since I don't have all the facts of the case. That is not fair to him, or anyone in those circumstances.

Lou Bega
06-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Good point.

Brilliant.

How do you know Lance wasnt trying to walk away from the argument & this angry lady would not let him leave?

Lou Bega
06-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Cool Hand

They teach that innocent to proven guilty crap in school. In real life the justice system is about how much $$$ you have, who u **** off, & what county you get charged w/ your crime In.

CoolHand
06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Cool Hand

They teach that innocent to proven guilty crap in school. In real life the justice system is about how much $$$ you have, who u **** off, & what county you get charged w/ your crime In.

What can I say? I'm an idealist... ;)

kielbeze
06-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say WHO HASENT?

CoolHand
06-30-2011, 10:58 AM

LOL! Nice one :eek:

Mackey_Rose
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM

It's far too early to brand him that.

He's barely even a basketball player at this point.

Foul on Smits
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Lol

Trader Joe
06-30-2011, 11:11 AM

I LOL'ed.

BringJackBack
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I've come to the conclusion that there are multiple people on the board that don't even want Lance to succeed or have a semi-productive career. Instead, they would rather toot their own horns and push their agenda and root for him to fail so that they don't take a hit at their ego.

And this is coming from someone who is as cautious about Lance as everyone else.

jpatt34
06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I said this every time I saw him play, he is a pure scorer the most offensively inclined player we have on the team right now. He can shoot, dribble post-up pass and even make plays for others (aka Hansbroughs wing jumper over and over). It was just his rookie year and he was used to being treated like a king and now he's down to reality. With him being out most of the year I think that will drive him this off season to get back on top where he is used to being. Watch for great improvement

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM

You're right he is not a basketball player

He is an accountant

Its not basketball he has been playing since like 5 or whatever and been successfull on every level, won multiple titles in HighSchool, got Cinny back in the tourament his only year

He has been practicing accounting since he was 10 and passed his CPA at 15

luis3ep
06-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I've come to the conclusion that there are multiple people on the board that don't even want Lance to succeed or have a semi-productive career. Instead, they would rather toot their own horns and push their agenda and root for him to fail so that they don't take a hit at their ego.

And this is coming from someone who is as cautious about Lance as everyone else.

This. It's a shame, really. People act like it was their girlfriend that was allegedly pushed down the stairs.

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
This. It's a shame, really. People act like it was their girlfriend that was allegedly pushed down the stairs.

Remids me of the guy that was a former Black Panther party leader who passed away recently, after spending 20 plus years in prison falsely accused of two murders

when in fact it was revelead that he was in San Francisco at the time of the murders (they were in LA) and that it has been proven the DA, LAPD, and the FEDS all lied and cooberated to put him behind bars at all costs, even though he didnt do it

This type of thinking is why Lance or others like him, despite having a case dismissed , will never be looked at objectively by some poeple who would rather point there finger at "the bad guy" then look in the mirror

Jose Slaughter
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Not doubt Lance can ball.

This summer, he's doing everything he should be doing. He's staying in Indy and working more on his game and trying to adjust to what we want him to do for us.

Outside of basketball, he's become a better guy. He's been in the community and just spending his summer in Indy and mind on basketball is the best thing you can ask for from him or any young player.

I cannot wait to see how he and George do. Both guys are really good combo guards who can tear it up. Should be fun.

How do you know what he's doing this summer & how can you judge what kind of person he is becoming?

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
How do you know what he's doing this summer & how can you judge what kind of person he is becoming?

I dont think he is necessairly "judging" Lance

I think he is saying that from what he has seen/heard about Lance, all indications are he is moving in the right direction

If you are going to admonish someone for their alleged mistakes, its only right you take notice of their attempt to do better

mildlysane
06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Besides, sometimes women are so indecisive that they need to be pushed along every so often... :-o

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Man

What do people get from constantly pointing out the faults of others?

Diarreah maybe?

MrSparko
06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Pushing a woman down the stairs is kind of a big deal....

Trophy
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM

If you would be paying attention to things he's been doing so far, it's obvious he cares to shape up his attitude and his game by staying in Indy, working in the community and working on basketball.

He's not roaming around in NYC or elsewhere and not even hearing anything what he's doing.

Strummer
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I dont think he is necessairly "judging" Lance

I think he is saying that from what he has seen/heard about Lance, all indications are he is moving in the right direction

If you are going to admonish someone for their alleged mistakes, its only right you take notice of their attempt to do better

Isn't it strange that it's socially acceptable to condemn but not to praise.

Kstat
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Pushing a woman down the stairs is kind of a big deal....

No, it's certainly a laughing matter....

I don't bother to address the specific case anymore. It's been settled legally, end of story.

I will however continue to take issue with people who think assaulting women is funny.

I do admit I'll get a sense of amusement when he's no longer a Pacer (or an NBA player, for that matter), and the groundswell of support for him in here suddenly vanishes.

Strummer
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
If you would be paying attention to things he's been doing so far, it's obvious he cares to shape up his attitude and his game by staying in Indy, working in the community and working on basketball.

He's not roaming around in NYC and not even hearing anything what he's doing.

Yip, and the things Larry Bird and Clark Kellog have said back you up. It's sickening how people want to believe the bad things they hear while ignoring the good.

RLeWorm
06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
We played Aj over Lance.....smh

Hicks
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM

It's subject to change, but right now that's pretty accurate AFAIC.

naptownmenace
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM

:laugh:

Thanks for lightening the mood. I officially stopped reading this thread at this point.

Hicks
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
A lot of moths diving into flames in this thread. Blegh.

Sookie
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Is the guy that is babysitting Lance allowed to have contact with him, during the lockout? (sorry, forget his name. Was it Kellog?)

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Isn't it strange that it's socially acceptable to condemn but not to praise.

Ask yourself this my friend.. Have you ever met a perosn who was very confortable in their own shoes, who enjoyed life and the people around them

yet constantly put other people down and pointed out their mistakes?

me either

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
It's subject to change, but right now that's pretty accurate AFAIC.

Hicks I think you have been very consistent and fair in your feelings on the whole Lance issue

so your point is a fair and valid one, I also dont feel you have an agenda towards hating on Lance, and also think if two years form now we have heard and seen nothing but good things from Lance

you will actually feel good

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Is the guy that is babysitting Lance allowed to have contact with him, during the lockout? (sorry, forget his name. Was it Kellog?)

babysitting?

Zing

and yes Clark Keelog can still "babysit" Lance

:)

on another note miss UCONN fan

What is your prediction for Kemba Walkers NBA career

careful he's from the Bronx and you know about those NY'ers

Jose Slaughter
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM

He's not roaming around in NYC or elsewhere and not even hearing anything what he's doing.

I really have not been keeping up with what the guy is doing. I just don't recall a thread in here or a story posted mentioning what you are stating.

I still question that you would know that he has become a better guy.

Can you post links to the info you've read about him?

I'd like to catch up on whats going on.

McKeyFan
06-30-2011, 02:30 PM
No, it's certainly a laughing matter....

I don't bother to address the specific case anymore. It's been settled legally, end of story.

I will however continue to take issue with people who think assaulting women is funny.

Couldn't thank the last part, but I'll give you props for the first three lines.

Sparhawk
06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm in the Lance succeed boat. We'll never know if he pushed his gf down the stairs or not, so why keep bringing that up. If Lance is abusive, more ***** would have came up. Maybe she's limping one day or a black eye. But since we haven't heard of anything more, can we please drop it? Guys that like to beat up women don't stop, so let's all circle back if Lance is ever in this situation again.

People on this board sound like a bunch of bitter women who just love to bring up a man's past mistakes when in a fight cause they can't think of anything better.

It's good to be cautious with Lance, but I truly hope he gets his life in order so he can show what he can do on the court. If he can't, then we can all rest assure that he won't be on the team.

Sookie
06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
babysitting?

Zing

What else would you call it? If that's the case, the Pacers are lucky.

And I have no freaking idea with Kemba. I usually have a pretty good read on the Uconn guys..but Kemba.. Never in a million years would I have thought the tiny, out of control dude would end up having the best season of any Uconn player. I feel like he's too small and not good enough of a shooter to be great in the NBA. But it wouldn't shock me if he proved me wrong. I'm gonna miss him in a Uconn jersey though.

Trader Joe
06-30-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm just gonna open my mouth to say this, but why is everyone that doubts Lance's ability labeled a hater or someone who doesn't want to see him succeed or someone who doesn't possess a valid opinion? That's bull **** and a cop out from the actual debate at hand. I guess that means it's fair to just say that all the Lance supporters are jock sniffers?

Back to my self-imposed Lance topic ban, like I've been saying, I'll be thrilled if Lance succeeds, but I'm not holding my breath.

:goodnight

Since86
06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
babysitting?

Zing

No he can't. The NBA delievered a "long, long" list of people who the NBA can't talk too. The names of player's families, their trainers, their handlers, everyone is off limits.

A front office official joked that he thinks he can't even talk to his cousin. They are to have ZERO contact, and if they do teams will be fined and might even lose a draft pick on top of it.

No link, read it on twitter and I'm at work so I can't link to it.

EDIT: @WojYahooNBA is who tweeted it.

Strummer
06-30-2011, 03:13 PM

I like the term "mentoring". But then, I don't like being mean, just for the fun of it. Or am I now?

Major Cold
06-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Born Ready? Too much Too early. Too much coverage, too many people asking him to represent them in the NBA. And at the age of 15? Way too early.

I hope Lance gets it done....for his sake.

Sookie
06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I like the term "mentoring". But then, I don't like being mean, just for the fun of it. Or am I now?

That's fine. I like the term "babysitting." More accurate.

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 03:40 PM

And I have no freaking idea with Kemba. I usually have a pretty good read on the Uconn guys..but Kemba.. Never in a million years would I have thought the tiny, out of control dude would end up having the best season of any Uconn player. I feel like he's too small and not good enough of a shooter to be great in the NBA. But it wouldn't shock me if he proved me wrong. I'm gonna miss him in a Uconn jersey though.

Think he can be a "Iverson-lite" ? or better yet Sookie, how does he stack up to former UCONN Alumn Ben Gordon?

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm just gonna open my mouth to say this, but why is everyone that doubts Lance's ability labeled a hater or someone who doesn't want to see him succeed or someone who doesn't possess a valid opinion? That's bull **** and a cop out from the actual debate at hand. I guess that means it's fair to just say that all the Lance supporters are jock sniffers?

Back to my self-imposed Lance topic ban, like I've been saying, I'll be thrilled if Lance succeeds, but I'm not holding my breath.

:goodnight

No man, question Lance's basketball ability does not make youa "hater" (God how I weish that freakin term would die I out) it means you have an opinoin which I wouls assume is farily reasonable as most of your posts are

What one is refering to "haters" are people that constantly bring up his past allegations and seem to have an agenda to see or hope to see him fail, that is not realted to basketball

Personally, I put you in the former category, not the latter

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 03:45 PM
No he can't. The NBA delievered a "long, long" list of people who the NBA can't talk too. The names of player's families, their trainers, their handlers, everyone is off limits.

A front office official joked that he thinks he can't even talk to his cousin. They are to have ZERO contact, and if they do teams will be fined and might even lose a draft pick on top of it.

No link, read it on twitter and I'm at work so I can't link to it.

EDIT: @WojYahooNBA is who tweeted it.

Thanks man

I dont understand how the NBA can "police" contact. I mean what if one of your employers/co workers is also a friend

you cant talk to them?

I mean even though the NFL is lockout the players still talk to each other right and various coaches?

not saying I doubt you at all, justy seems a little controlling to me

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 03:48 PM
That's fine. I like the term "babysitting." More accurate.

cool

and I like the term "mentoring"

also Sook, no offense but I think Babysitting would be really unfair assumption on Clark Kellogg who I think would take offense to being looked at as a "baby sitter"

I mean does Lance spend the night at Clark's house? Is Lance responsible to call in and inform Clark everywhere he goes"

honestly the early post by TradeJoe which I agree with

it kind of makes you sound a little like a Lance "hater"

of course you might call me a Lance "apologist"

but hey, I like the right to have different opinoins

Strummer
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
I mean does Lance spend the night at Clark's house? Is Lance responsible to call in and inform Clark everywhere he goes"

I remember during the last lockout, the Pacers had just drafted Al Harrington. Al came and lived with Antonio Davis and his family. In that case I think the term "baby sitter" would have been appropriate.

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I remember during the last lockout, the Pacers had just drafted Al Harrington. Al came and lived with Antonio Davis and his family. In that case I think the term "baby sitter" would have been appropriate.

touche'

back when he was Baby Al

and Al and Anotnio are still good friends

Man I miss the Davis guys

I loved back in the 90's when the Pacers had a real identity

gummy
06-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I can see I need to take a break from reading Lance threads because while I keep thinking maybe I am going to read some legitimate news that's almost never the case. It devolves into...what it is.

IMO, Lance brings out the worst in quite a few of our posters - plain old stupid arguments or my personal favorite, opinions and speculation posing as facts from folks on both sides of the aisle. Since I'm not coming back to this thread I guess I'm posting in the hopes that this can be a little timeout - are you listening to what you are saying? If you haven't checked in with your intentions and tone on this topic now is probably a good time. Or not.

See you in more reasonable threads in the future.

Sookie
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
cool

and I like the term "mentoring"

also Sook, no offense but I think Babysitting would be really unfair assumption on Clark Kellogg who I think would take offense to being looked at as a "baby sitter"

honestly the early post by TradeJoe which I agree with

it kind of makes you sound a little like a Lance "hater"

of course you might call me a Lance "apologist"

but hey, I like the right to have different opinoins

Is he? I'm not even joking. How much is Clark in Lance's life, and how much is he responsible for what Lance is up to?

If Lance ends up being one of our best players, and ends up turning it "all around" then that's obviously a very good thing.

My problem with him is what he is now. He hasn't proven anything. The last thing he did for the Pacers was get demoted. The last thing he did before getting demoted, was getting demoted. Before that. He played a major role, although to be fair, we don't know what that role was, in the locker room problem. Before that? Got caught on video with a hooker, because he didn't pay her. And previous to that, allegedly pushed his girlfriend down the stairs and then smashed her head against a step. That's his Pacers career to this point.

The above isn't heresay. It isn't from Mike Wells "trying to start stuff." It isn't from insiders. It's what actually happened.

So what do I think Clark's job is? I don't know for sure, but I personally think it is/was to try and keep Lance out of trouble. That sounds like a babysitter.

So call me a hater if you like. But I'll actually need to see him change before I give him credit. I have insanely high standards, apparently. You'd think a group of fans that went through the Artest/Tinsley/ect.. debacle would be a little more wary of this crap.

As for Kemba. He could play at a similar level as Gordon, I think. But they are completely different players. As I said, I have no idea what Kemba is going to do. I thought he was too small. Too out of control. Not a good enough shooter. And not a good enough passer. To be really successful at the college level. Oops. I do know Charlotte is lucky to have him. Just like they were lucky to have Okafor. Because of what type of person he is.

Anyway, I fail miserably. Because as Gummy said, I think Lance threads bring out the worst in me, personally. And I tried, as Trader Joe has, to not really talk about him too much. But..here I am...:D So..I'm done with this. Lance will end up how he'll end up. No point fighting over his future. I just don't agree with making countless excuses for his past.

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Born Ready? Too much Too early. Too much coverage, too many people asking him to represent them in the NBA. And at the age of 15? Way too early.

I hope Lance gets it done....for his sake.

he didn't name him self that they gave him that nick name gowning up because he earned it.

90'sNBARocked
06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Is he? I'm not even joking. How much is Clark in Lance's life, and how much is he responsible for what Lance is up to?

If Lance ends up being one of our best players, and ends up turning it "all around" then that's obviously a very good thing.

My problem with him is what he is now. He hasn't proven anything. The last thing he did for the Pacers was get demoted. The last thing he did before getting demoted, was getting demoted. Before that. He played a major role, although to be fair, we don't know what that role was, in the locker room problem. Before that? Got caught on video with a hooker, because he didn't pay her. And previous to that, allegedly pushed his girlfriend down the stairs and then smashed her head against a step. That's his Pacers career to this point.

The above isn't heresay. It isn't from Mike Wells "trying to start stuff." It isn't from insiders. It's what actually happened.

So what do I think Clark's job is? I don't know for sure, but I personally think it is/was to try and keep Lance out of trouble. That sounds like a babysitter.

So call me a hater if you like. But I'll actually need to see him change before I give him credit. I have insanely high standards, apparently. You'd think a group of fans that went through the Artest/Tinsley/ect.. debacle would be a little more wary of this crap.

As for Kemba. He could play at a similar level as Gordon, I think. But they are completely different players. As I said, I have no idea what Kemba is going to do. I thought he was too small. Too out of control. Not a good enough shooter. And not a good enough passer. To be really successful at the college level. Oops. I do know Charlotte is lucky to have him. Just like they were lucky to have Okafor. Because of what type of person he is.

Anyway, I fail miserably. Because as Gummy said, I think Lance threads bring out the worst in me, personally. And I tried, as Trader Joe has, to not really talk about him too much. But..here I am...:D So..I'm done with this. Lance will end up how he'll end up. No point fighting over his future. I just don't agree with making countless excuses for his past.

I dont think you fail at all. I think you are a strong minded individual who is passionate about what you believe

Plus I know I am an instigator at times

no green

Major Cold
06-30-2011, 07:33 PM
he didn't name him self that they gave him that nick name gowning up because he earned it.

Where in my post did I say that? I know he didn't, I watched to documentary.

There is simply too much hype for too young of players. Start it in 11th grade, but any sooner is doing it for doing it sake.

You hear that you are a phenom and eventually you get a sense of entitlement to the game. I know it happens, and it is hard to get out of the light. It is time to take a step back if I were Lance, and realize that "I was a boy competing with men, and now it is time to be a man competing with men".

Taterhead
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
The problem with the Lance situation is simple. There is way too much speculation on the "grey areas" of his transgressions. Everything isn't a simple cut and dry moral issue. It just comes down to whether or not you believe what you've read about his past. But the discussions usually turn nasty. People start accusing others of supporting domestic violence. It's ridiculous. It's one thing to dispute the allegations, it's another to make it personal and attack peoples morals.

We don't know what happened with Lance and his GF. That's just the truth. We don't know what happened with the sexual assault case either. There are a lot of instances where guys do these horrific things to women. And there are a lot of instances where guys have been accused of things they didn't do as well. There have been plenty of lies printed in newpapers. These aren't accurate documents. Neither are statements from witnesses. A Police Officer or a Lawyer would tell you that. If the state of NY didn't pick up the charges then there must not have been anything there. If Lance really did throw his GF down the stairs and slam her head on a step, and the State of NY didn't pick up the charges......then why isn't everyone pissed at them and writing letters? That would be my focus. It's their job to find out what happened and protect the innocent. They either failed at their job or Lance deserves the benefit of the doubt.

We don't know what happened in the locker room either. Everybody threw Lance under the bus on a Mike Wells tweet. Nobody really knows what the argument was about, or what fueled the participants involved. Mike Wells didn't even have any details on it. It's unimportant regardless because there are guys on every team who don't like each other. There are arguments in every locker room. You can't get 15 guys to spend that much time doing something that competitive together and not have altercations. It's just reality. The thing we do know is it apparently didn't get too out of hand and the team seemed to gel afterwards. As far as Lance, he took his demotion like a man and has seemed to take some steps in the right direction. So what's the problem?

Where in my post did I say that? I know he didn't, I watched to documentary.

There is simply too much hype for too young of players. Start it in 11th grade, but any sooner is doing it for doing it sake.

You hear that you are a phenom and eventually you get a sense of entitlement to the game. I know it happens, and it is hard to get out of the light. It is time to take a step back if I were Lance, and realize that "I was a boy competing with men, and now it is time to be a man competing with men".

This is a great point that doesn't get talked about enough.

The ESPN machine has no doubt helped sports grow to a gargantuan level. But at what cost? This is the cost, IMO.

90'sNBARocked
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Nice post, plus Lance is 19 still a teenager Didnt we all do some stupid **** in college? I know I did

pacer4ever
07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Nice post, plus Lance is 19 still a teenager Didnt we all do some stupid **** in college? I know I did

Lance was a model citizen in college he actually was a scholar(which surprised the :censored: out of me lol)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2010/05/04/stephenson-schaffer-among-uc-scholar-athletes/

Lou Bega
07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
w/ the pick up of G hill Pacers are locked up @ G pos. I would love to see Q6 (Marquis Daniels) work w/ Lance they both have crafty drives to the rack w/ crazy finishes. Lance should be the best penetrater we have next year,

I hope he makes DC a G of the Past.