PDA

View Full Version : A Free Agent PF Breakdown

A.B.Hollywood
06-28-2011, 07:39 PM
OK so I went ahead and broke down my top 10 PF free agents for this off season. We know we will be signing someone and I figured why not take the time to rate them on a few pertinent categories and see where everyone shakes out after.

Yes, yes I know this is CRAZY subjective and is solely my opinion but I have been talking about a few of these for a while and wanted to really break them down side by side. I was a bit surprised by the results even when using my own weird grading scale.

I rated all players against 5 categories:

Fit with the Pacers (next to hibbert, attitude, defensive presence etc)
Cost to Pacers
Injury Risk
Potential (this includes Age and alike)
Current Production

I rated each player 1-5 with 1 being the worst. Current Production and Potential I rated up to 7 since they carry more weight IMO.

This includes both Restricted and Unrestricted and does not factor in the most *likely scenarios (ie Nene and Chandler staying put)

1) Marc Gasol
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 5, Potential: 5, Current Production: 4
Total -- 19

2) Nene
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 5, Current Production: 4
Total -- 17

3) Carl Landry
Fit: 3, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 4, Potential: 3, Current Production: 3
Total -- 16

4) Kris Humphries
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 3, Current Production: 3
Total = 16

5) Kirilenko
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 1, Potential: 3, Current Production: 4
Total -- 15

6) David West
Fit: 3, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 1, Potential: 1, Current Production: 5
Total -- 14

7) Chandler
Fit: 5, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 2, Potential: 2, Current Production: 4
Total -- 14

8) Glen Davis
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 1, Current Production: 3
Total = 14

9) Oden
Fit: 5, Estimated Cost: 2, Injury Risk: 0, Potential: 7, Current Production: 1
Total -- 13

10) McBob
Fit: 1, Estimated Cost: 5, Injury Risk: 4, Potential: 2, Current Production: 1
Total = 13

Let me be clear here too this isn't necessarily my personal ranking (although Gasol is my far and away #1). I just judged them category to category and was curious how they would shake out and this is what happened.

Super massive grain of salt is to follow...

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Marc Gasol fit wise should be 0. No way he can play with Hibbert he is one of the slowest guys in the league. David West fit wise should be higher IMO.

ballism
06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't agree with most of these estimations. :blush:

troyc11a
06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
OK so I went ahead and broke down my top 10 PF free agents for this off season. We know we will be signing someone and I figured why not take the time to rate them on a few pertinent categories and see where everyone shakes out after.

Yes, yes I know this is CRAZY subjective and is solely my opinion but I have been talking about a few of these for a while and wanted to really break them down side by side. I was a bit surprised by the results even when using my own weird grading scale.

I rated all players against 5 categories:

Fit with the Pacers (next to hibbert, attitude, defensive presence etc)
Cost to Pacers
Injury Risk
Potential (this includes Age and alike)
Current Production

I rated each player 1-5 with 1 being the worst. Current Production and Potential I rated up to 7 since they carry more weight IMO.

This includes both Restricted and Unrestricted and does not factor in the most *likely scenarios (ie Nene and Chandler staying put)

1) Marc Gasol
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 5, Potential: 5, Current Production: 4
Total -- 19

2) Nene
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 5, Current Production: 4
Total -- 17

3) Carl Landry
Fit: 3, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 4, Potential: 3, Current Production: 3
Total -- 16

4) Kris Humphries
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 3, Current Production: 3
Total = 16

5) Kirilenko
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 1, Potential: 3, Current Production: 4
Total -- 15

6) David West
Fit: 3, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 1, Potential: 1, Current Production: 5
Total -- 14

7) Chandler
Fit: 5, Estimated Cost: 1, Injury Risk: 2, Potential: 2, Current Production: 4
Total -- 14

8) Glen Davis
Fit: 4, Estimated Cost: 3, Injury Risk: 3, Potential: 1, Current Production: 3
Total = 14

9) Oden
Total -- 13

10) McBob
Fit: 1, Estimated Cost: 5, Injury Risk: 4, Potential: 2, Current Production: 1
Total = 13

Let me be clear here too this isn't necessarily my personal ranking (although Gasol is my far and away #1). I just judged them category to category and was curious how they would shake out and this is what happened.

Super massive grain of salt is to follow...

Let me first thank you for the effort you put in putting this on. Sometimes we are not as polite as we need to be on here. I am no exception. I appreciate your effort and wanted to respond:

Gasol = to slow and would be terrible next to Hibbert (plus he is really a Center); terrible fit

Nene = Has been injured, will cost a fortune, plays mediocre D

Landry = poor defender/shot blocker/rebounder; worst fit on here

Humphries = decent fit but have to worry about contract year production

Kirilenko = good backup (helps meet Bird's goal of having the best bench in the league)

West = Plays like Tyler but costs 3-4 times more. Shoots 15-18' jumpers all day and plays next to no defense. Does not protect the rim. Bad fit

Chandler = great fit but no realistic chance Cuban lets him walk. Dallas does not get out of the 2nd round w/out him. He will be a Mav

Davis = ha ha ha; get shorter, fatter, less athletic; no fit at all

Oden - if he is healthy and cheap he would be worth the risk

McBob = probably played himself out of town. Considering we need D and he provides a well rounded game and little D of his own.

*I would like to see the RFA list of PF's if anyone has it!

Slick Pinkham
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
I am on board with Kirilenko being a defensive-minded, mobile, long, solid backup. Obviously the physical would have to check out, and the cost would have to be low.

A.B.Hollywood
06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
*I would like to see the RFA list of PF's if anyone has it!

I included both restricted and unrestricted here. Nene and Marc (the agreed upon top two options by most of this board) are both restricted.

But here is a full list from ESPN for this year and next:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12

I also just realized I left off Deandre Jordan as well. He'd be right there I'm sure too.

A.B.Hollywood
06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't agree with most of these estimations. :blush:

Haha, Hey to each their own. I'd love to have some others break these down and start to see what the true consensus is so please do so as well if you have the time.

If nothing else it will be fun for me to see until anything actually happens in what will be a slow, slow waiting period for us all.

Lance George
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
The estimated cost biases this in an unreasonable way, in my opinion. I tried doing it, yet the guys who I most want were scoring lower due to their higher value. Basically, they're being punished for being good enough to command a premium salary.

Best (Now)
1. David West
2. Nene
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Marc Gasol
5. Kris Humphries
6. Carl Landry
7. Josh McRoberts
8. Andrei Kirilenko
9. Glen Davis

Most of these guys are too young for age to be a concern. Only West and Kirilenko are concerning; maybe Nene and Chandler with long contracts.

Gasol and McBob probably have the most untapped potential, although with increased minutes and a bigger role in the offense, Nene could probably be a 20/8 guy.

Landry and Davis are what they are─solid backups, nothing more, nothing less. Humphries' play this past season puts him a notch above these two, in my opinion.

ballism
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Yes, same for me. Tried to do this right now, and I had Landry and McBob tied with Nene because of price.
In this system, it's equally good to start an unproductive scrub on minimum salary and a super productive star on max salary. :)

I'd probably value fit up to 5, cost up to 3, injury risk up to 5, potential up to 5, production up to 10.
Edit - tried this way, still don't like it. I think I'll rather watch others try. :)

A.B.Hollywood
06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Yes, same for me. Tried to do this right now, and I had Landry and McBob tied with Nene because of price.
In this system, it's equally good to start an unproductive scrub on minimum salary and a super productive star on max salary. :)

I'd probably value fit up to 5, cost up to 3, injury risk up to 5, potential up to 5, production up to 10.
Edit - tried this way, still don't like it. I think I'll rather watch others try. :)

Hmm...

Fit with Pacers 5
Cost 3
Injury Risk 7
Potential 10
Production 10 (this could also mean defensive production IMO)

This *feels* better maybe. I'll try and give it a shot.

A.B.Hollywood
06-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Marc Gasol fit wise should be 0. No way he can play with Hibbert he is one of the slowest guys in the league. David West fit wise should be higher IMO.

I knocked West on "fit" based on his defensive skills next to Hibbert.

I actually think Gasol would work though. His athleticism is still high despite being slower a foot at times. He really made strides in the post season and I didnt see his motor or alike being any issue. If we were the suns, sure but I don't see him being a liability at all playing the 4 and then sliding to the 5 when Hibbert is out.

His potential for go to moves in the post is endless though. I'm just enamored with this and this may cloud my judgment some. Not gonna lie.

Noodle
06-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Hollywood I love the avatar lol.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Hollywood I love the avatar lol.

Ha, glad someone gets my humor. And yes, I'm going to hell. I know I know.

Pacer Fan
06-29-2011, 12:08 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=18192

OakMoses
06-29-2011, 12:14 AM
If we spend big money to get Gasol, Nene, Chandler, or Oden, Hibbert needs to start packing his bags.

naptownmenace
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I included both restricted and unrestricted here. Nene and Marc (the agreed upon top two options by most of this board) are both restricted.

Nene if he opts out of the last year on his deal will be an unrestricted FA not Restricted as you stated here.

Also Marc Gasol is a Center. Playing him out of position at PF isn't going to work. Did he ever spend any time playing PF with Memphis? I don't think so.

I would still like the Pacers to sign him and bring Hibbert off the bench but the 2 won't work well together. The likelihood of that happening are very slim. Memphis will just match whatever he gets offered.

Why are so many Centers listed here in a thread that's titled "Free Agent PF Breakdown"? Oden, Chandler and Gasol are strictly Centers. Why isn't Kenyon Martin and Chuck Hayes on the list?

IndyHoya
06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
If we spend big money to get Gasol, Nene, Chandler, or Oden, Hibbert needs to start packing his bags.

Oden? Ha.

Speed
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I was looking at the FA list, there are tons of solid vet back up centers to choose from including Jeff Foster. I always kinda thought you'd want a defensive minded 4/5 and maybe you still do, but I think now you can get a PF and still have a nice back up Center, too.

I do, honestly think Tyler can start at PF, I think he'll get better, but more importantly he'll get consistent with a full summer plus to work. I think he can be your PF moving forward in spite of what Wells and most say. I think you need at Verejao type though as your 3rd Frontcourt guy.

I think you do need frontcourt help, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a premier Free Agent for the team to be good. I think you can go either way.

I really really wish you could get Verajao from Cleveland, I'd do that and sign Jeff and feel pretty good about next year even though you didn't make the sexy move.

I think you could go either way, I guess what I'm saying is don't reach for a maybe stud at PF if it doesn't work out.

graphic-er
06-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd like to see us look at the Fesenko Kid out Utah for back up center.

Gamble1
06-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I was looking at the FA list, if you can get a David West, there are tons of solid vet back up centers to choose from including Jeff Foster. I always kinda thought you'd want a defensive minded 4/5 and maybe you still do, but I think now you can get a PF and still have a nice back up Center, too.

I don't honestly think Tyler can start at PF, I think he'll get better, but more importantly he'll get consistent with a full summer plus to work.

I think you do need frontcourt help, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a premier Free Agent for the team to be good.
I agree. A team isn't built in one off season. IF we can come away with a solid backup center and address the pf situation then I think we call this short summer a success.

Speed
06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd like to see us look at the Fesenko Kid out Utah for back up center.

There is Dalembert, Pryzbilla, Jeff, Hawes, Dampier, Nazr Mohammed, Kurt Thomas, Aaron Gray, Kwame Brown, Theo Ratliffe, Jason Collins, Magloire.

I mean none of these guys are world beaters, but if your asking them to back up Roy for 15 minutes a night, I'd take any of these guys. Thats 12 guys I'd feel good about being productive and not impacting chemistry negatively.

If you get a true PF as your 1A or 1B player, then you can get one of these guys and I think you're set.

Most of the guys on that list can still fill in when Roy gets in foul trouble or doesn't have it going and they'll help the cause. Kurt Thomas has some excellent playoff moments, for sure.

Again, not splashy, but solid.

LetsTalkPacers
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
If DeAndre Jordan can play PF, he would be my top prospect.

BPump33
06-29-2011, 12:30 PM
I like Reggie Evans. (Yes, I know he grabbed a guys balls. No jokes needed.)

Slick Pinkham
06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
If DeAndre Jordan can play PF, he would be my top prospect.

I think that the Clippers value DeAndre more than anyone on their roster other than Blake Griffin and perhaps Eric Gordon.

My sense is that they will do everything possible to rid themselves of Chris Kamen's salary in order to keep Jordan and have money for Eric Gordon in a year.

LetsTalkPacers
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM

I thought about Reggie, but my problem with him is he's already 30. So what you see is what you get. He is only 6'8", and he isn't a shot blocker. If we are talking a pure rebounder, then sure.

I like Samuel Dalembert. He almost 30 himself, but he averages almost 2 blks a game. Pulls in 8/8 on rebs and pts. He's big enough to play both the 4 and 5. IMO he could be had a decent price.

Speed
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM

I completely agree, he's a lunch pail guy. A physical, pain in the butt to play against. He's not going to give you anything offensively except maybe putbacks, but he's good for a few hard fouls and a few extra possession every game in limited minutes. He's one of my favorite big men role players in the league.

BPump33
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I thought about Reggie, but my problem with him is he's already 30. So what you see is what you get. He is only 6'8", and he isn't a shot blocker. If we are talking a pure rebounder, then sure.

I like Samuel Dalembert. He almost 30 himself, but he averages almost 2 blks a game. Pulls in 8/8 on rebs and pts. He's big enough to play both the 4 and 5. IMO he could be had a decent price.

The bolded part I'm more than okay with.

I would love to get Dalembert.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Why are so many Centers listed here in a thread that's titled "Free Agent PF Breakdown"? Oden, Chandler and Gasol are strictly Centers. Why isn't Kenyon Martin and Chuck Hayes on the list?

The only question for me is if they can defend the 4. If they can then they can play the 4 for us IMO. I think that a lot of players would actually be PF's if they weren't forced to use them as Centers due to the lack of true solid contributing centers in the league. I absolutely believe that Oden and others can do this for us.

And I just rated my top 10. I forgot Deandre for sure, that wasn't intentional. I also wasn't a big fan of Kenyon but I don't mind Chuck Hayes. I also had Nazr on here at first but replaced him with Glen Davis. It wasn't an all encompassing list just an arbitrary one that I put together quickly based on who I perceived as getting the most discussion on these boards.

ECKrueger
06-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Instead of using pure cost, it should be projected cost based on production or something.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Instead of using pure cost, it should be projected cost based on production or something.

Thats what I mean. Its the projected cost it will take to sign them based on what they have done so far and are projected to do.

ECKrueger
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Thats what I mean. Its the projected cost it will take to sign them based on what they have done so far and are projected to do.

So the complaints about a player's rating being hurt because of their price is irrelevant?

rm1369
06-29-2011, 03:27 PM

IMO it is a scenario that needs to be considered. I like the FA center options much better than the PF options. Either sign a center and use Hibbert in a trade package for a PF. Or just keep Hibbert and bring him off the bench - new center and Tyler starting. I do not like Roy and Tyler starting because both are poor rebounders and I think the combo lacks elite athleticism. Replacing at least one of them is a must for the long term. I like Roy better as a prospect than Tyler, but with what FA are available maybe a C is a better option.

ballism
06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah ok, that makes more sense. Like for instance Marc Gasol will probably command near max or even max, but to me he's completely worth it because he's one of like 4 true all around centers in the league, young, always healthy and with impact that goes far beyond boxscore stats.
So he'd get 5 points for contract from me.
And say Carl Landry would get 3 or so, because imo he's probably going to ask for starter money - a midlevel deal or so, up to 7 mil maybe, and to me he's not a good starter in this league, considering how deep is the PF spot.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 03:48 PM
So the complaints about a player's rating being hurt because of their price is irrelevant?
I don't follow. The cost rating helps or hurts a player the same as every other rating.

If you cost more to sign then you didn't get a good score from me. The question though is how to make a grading system that equates these properly. I think I have the categories right just not necessarily the score ranges in each category.

McKeyFan
06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
If we signed Mark Gasol to a max contract I wouldn't freak out.

Tom White
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
9) Oden
Total -- 13

Greg Oden as a "0" injury risk? He is Mr. Injury.

Plus, I think he is a center, no? I don't picture him guarding or playing the PF position.

RLeWorm
06-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Kenyon Martin all day

RLeWorm
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
IMO if Oden never had any of his knee injuries, he would be better than Durant.

McKeyFan
06-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Plus, I think he is a center, no? I don't picture him guarding or playing the PF position.

0 means he has the biggest possibility of injury.

ECKrueger
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
The estimated cost biases this in an unreasonable way, in my opinion. I tried doing it, yet the guys who I most want were scoring lower due to their higher value. Basically, they're being punished for being good enough to command a premium salary.

Most of these guys are too young for age to be a concern. Only West and Kirilenko are concerning; maybe Nene and Chandler with long contracts.

Gasol and McBob probably have the most untapped potential, although with increased minutes and a bigger role in the offense, Nene could probably be a 20/8 guy.

Landry and Davis are what they are─solid backups, nothing more, nothing less. Humphries' play this past season puts him a notch above these two, in my opinion.

I was referring to these posts mainly A.B., where they claimed guys were scoring lower due to the fact that they were better and therefor cost more.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Greg Oden can guard just about any PF not named Josh Smith or Dirk.

And yeah, Mr. Injury got a zero for his injury score. I explained that in the post.

sapposnap
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
why are we going for high price players when we could get lower price and could bring same intensity. The players i want to get is SF josh howard and PF brandan wright and resign foster if possible.

pg: Dc, g.hill, lance
sg: j howard, paul g, hill
sf: D granger, paul g, j howard
pf: b. wright, tyler, granger
c: hibbert, foster

than when the next draft comes we trade granger ( i think he has reach his limit ) for one of the top picks and let paul george do his thing. http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

and with that pick we get for giving granger we can get for example: perry jones, harrison barnes, james mcadoo, and anthony davis.

NapTonius Monk
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I knocked West on "fit" based on his defensive skills next to Hibbert.

I actually think Gasol would work though. His athleticism is still high despite being slower a foot at times. He really made strides in the post season and I didnt see his motor or alike being any issue. If we were the suns, sure but I don't see him being a liability at all playing the 4 and then sliding to the 5 when Hibbert is out.

His potential for go to moves in the post is endless though. I'm just enamored with this and this may cloud my judgment some. Not gonna lie.
I don't see M Gasol being able to play PF effectively. He's a true center.

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM

I would no way he can play PF. They called him the slow burrito in Europe for a reason.

NapTonius Monk
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll handle that for you sir! :panic::onozomg::point::angry::angry2::scared:

NapTonius Monk
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I like Gasol, but it would be a really bad idea to offer him a max deal.

ballism
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
It was the Big Burrito iirc, a la Shaq's nicknames. But Euro Gasol was a lot heavier, so that nickname no longer applies. :)
He would still have to be the center, obviously.

A.B.Hollywood
06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I would no way he can play PF. They called him the slow burrito in Europe for a reason.

Dude did you really watch him in the playoffs? He moved JUST FINE to me. I know the knock on him from the past but I really think that once he found the long lost family beard trimmer things really started to turn around for the guy.

He looked anything but slow IMO

Mackey_Rose
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
why are we going for high price players when we could get lower price and could bring same intensity. The players i want to get is SF josh howard and PF brandan wright and resign foster if possible.

pg: Dc, g.hill, lance
sg: j howard, paul g, hill
sf: D granger, paul g, j howard
pf: b. wright, tyler, granger
c: hibbert, foster

than when the next draft comes we trade granger ( i think he has reach his limit ) for one of the top picks and let paul george do his thing. http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

and with that pick we get for giving granger we can get for example: perry jones, harrison barnes, james mcadoo, and anthony davis.

Why in God's name would you advocate in favor of Brandan Wright?

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
It was the Big Burrito iirc, a la Shaq's nicknames. But Euro Gasol was a lot heavier, so that nickname no longer applies. :)
He would still have to be the center, obviously.

still there is no way in hell he can guard PFs. I mean David West would tear him up just by making him come out and guard him. Then he would drive on the slower Gasol. I just think there is 0% chance him and Hibbert can play together. (this is all irrelevant anyway Memphis is gonna pay him)

Pacerized
06-29-2011, 09:12 PM
All I can say is that I don't agree with the thought that any player capable of playing center can't possibly play power forward. I think staring 2 quality centers can work very well in today's NBA. Everyone seems to be fine with starting a small forward at the 2, 3, and 4. Just because half the league starts a 3 at the 4 doesn't mean that we have to. We need a big man that can defend the paint, rebound and make players think twice about driving. There are more centers available that fit that bill then there are power forwards. Roy only plays 25-27 minutes per game anyway so how many minutes would we have to have a second starting center on the floor with Roy? Nene would be a better fit, but Gasol would fit in fine with this team.

ECKrueger
06-29-2011, 09:18 PM
All I can say is that I don't agree with the thought that any player capable of playing center can't possibly play power forward. I think staring 2 quality centers can work very well in today's NBA. Everyone seems to be fine with starting a small forward at the 2, 3, and 4. Just because half the league starts a 3 at the 4 doesn't mean that we have to. We need a big man that can defend the paint, rebound and make players think twice about driving. There are more centers available that fit that bill then there are power forwards. Roy only plays 25-27 minutes per game anyway so how many minutes would we have to have a second starting center on the floor with Roy? Nene would be a better fit, but Gasol would fit in fine with this team.

You do have to worry about clogging the lane on offense though. It is harder to drive when you have 4 big guys in the paint.

Pacerized
06-29-2011, 09:23 PM
You do have to worry about clogging the lane on offense though. It is harder to drive when you have 4 big guys in the paint.

I agree but I still like a lineup of 2 big bruisers, 2 wing players, and a true pg.

ECKrueger
06-29-2011, 09:25 PM
I agree but I still like a lineup of 2 big bruisers, 2 wing players, and a true pg.

Also, if a guy like Hibbert is one of your big guys, at least he can step out some.

ballism
06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
still there is no way in hell he can guard PFs. I mean David West would tear him up just by making him come out and guard him. Then he would drive on the slower Gasol. I just think there is 0% chance him and Hibbert can play together. (this is all irrelevant anyway Memphis is gonna pay him)

They can't. It would be horrific misuse of one of the few remaining good true centers. Rather just play McBob in that case. Hibbert would have to be traded.
Ideally, for a Patterson type + pieces, say Patterson Budinger, which would make sense for both Houston and Pacers in this case. Anyway, that's another topic.

sapposnap
07-01-2011, 02:08 AM

Y not? hes big with long arms that can block shots, rebound and get offensive put backs. and if he can work a bit more in midrange shots he can even be a steal and most importantly we wont use all of our cap space. is a no brainer to me. we need a presence in the paint that can make up for hibbert slow to defend the paint and what better guy than brandan. please do explain why you so low on brandan.

AesopRockOn
07-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Y not? hes big with long arms that can block shots, rebound and get offensive put backs. and if he can work a bit more in midrange shots he can even be a steal and most importantly we wont use all of our cap space. is a no brainer to me. we need a presence in the paint that can make up for hibbert slow to defend the paint and what better guy than brandan. please do explain why you so low on brandan.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2lownn.jpg

HOOPFANATIC
07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I trust McBob to get better more than I do Tyler. Tyler seems to play a certain way that generally serves him well. I'd still just keep Josh and try to sign Chris Wilcox.

BRushWithDeath
07-01-2011, 09:05 AM

I would rather have Brandan Wright than the other guy he wanted.

And that's really saying something.

pacer4ever
07-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I would rather have Brandan Wright than the other guy he wanted.

And that's really saying something.

:laugh:

that is :lol:

Brandon Wright is absolutely terrible