PDA

View Full Version : Ben Hansborough to join German basketball club.

neosmndrew
06-27-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/germany/28791/bayern_munich_lands_rookie_ben_hansbrough.html

It's not a team i've heard of, but I think its good for Ben to play on a professional team. Hopefully he can some day come over to the NBA.

pacer4ever
06-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Matt Howard is also going over seas both of them saying they cant refuse guaranteed money. I don't blame them they will make a better living over there than they could of here.

Steagles
06-27-2011, 11:05 PM
He will get better and I hope to see him in the NBA soon.

31andonly
06-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Ben joins my hometown club, Bayern Munich, which I think is pretty awesome.
I live in Berlin at the moment, but plan to move back to Munich at the end of the year.

Those of you who are interested in soccer might have heard of Bayern Munich, it's the most succesful soccer club in Germany and one of the most prestigious in Europe.
I'd say they are in soccer what the Knicks, Celtics or Lakers are in the NBA.

However, they've never had a good basketball club but some years ago they started a project to make Bayern Munich not only the best soccer team but also the best basketball address in Germany.

They moved to a new arena and spent loads of money in the roster, hiring a couple of players as well as the Head Coach of the German National Team.
Furthermore, they made no secret of their intentions in bringing back Dirk (Munich is the capital of his hometown state), either during a lockout season or for the time after his NBA career.

I'm sure Ben earns good money there...gonna be an interesting year.

pathil275
06-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Those of you who are interested in soccer might have heard of Bayern Munich, it's the most succesful soccer club in Germany and one of the most prestigious in Europe.
I'd say they are in soccer what the Knicks, Celtics or Lakers are in the NBA.

Prestigious, yes, but deposed as champions ;)

31andonly
06-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Prestigious, yes, but deposed as champions ;)

True ;)

Trader Joe
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Bayern Munich is a huge organization. Very nice deal for Ben. I'd honestly rather play there than as a minimum player on a crappy NBA team.