PDA

View Full Version : Depth!!

Pacerfan83
06-26-2011, 02:57 PM
That's what Larry wanted to improve this year and we got of to one hell of a start getting one of the better 6th men in the league. Enough with all this talk about "should hill start" talk and so on. The man is a combo guard for a reason. He could start the 1 or 2 cause of injury but should be the first one coming of the bench in a reguar situation and hell of a spark. We all know the only thing we need is some front court depth and that's what we should be focused on. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Go Pacers

graphic-er
06-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm am of the thinking that Collison will start, but Hill Will finish, his size and length and ability to create off the dribble will come in handy at the end of games. I don't see how you don't have Hill in at the end of the game.

Hill
George
Granger
Hansbrough
Hibbert

Great crunch time line up. Several guys can get to the line, Hibbert's Jump hook is unblockable. Great defense against penetrators.

Pacerfan83
06-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah there should be times where Hill gets more minute because of defensive match ups.

McKeyFan
06-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Hibbert's Jump hook is unblockable.

It gets blocked pretty often by Roy's shadow.

yoadknux
06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Our depth is fine. we need our young guys (DC/George/Hibbert) to keep improving, Granger to play like he did in playoffs/MIP year, and in my opinion we need a quality starting PF as well. Tyler and Hill off the bench would guarantee a Pacer is going to get 6th man of the year award :D

PacersPride
06-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I tried posting an in depth analysis.. very similar too this thread but didnt have any luck for some reason. Maybe I can post this message.

I think Carl Landry is the FA Bird is going too target this offseason. No link, just a hunch. We can then save the remaining cap space for Gordon in 2012.

Pacerfan83
06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Our depth is fine. we need our young guys (DC/George/Hibbert) to keep improving, Granger to play like he did in playoffs/MIP year, and in my opinion we need a quality starting PF as well. Tyler and Hill off the bench would guarantee a Pacer is going to get 6th man of the year award :D

Well needing our young core to keep improving is a given, but Bird states he wanted the best bench in the NBA. So depth IMO is a very big issue. And yes I also agree we need a PF and Hans would be great as a backup/ sparkplug

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I tried posting an in depth analysis.. very similar too this thread but didnt have any luck for some reason.

Same here. I spent a great deal of time putting a long lengthy post together earlier on another thread only to not get to post it. I just figured the problem was on my end. Apparently not.

PacersPride
06-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Bird tried trading for Landry last season.. during the trade deadline and NO's got him for Thorton i believe.

So we know Bird has interest in Carl Landry. He is basicallly a younger version of David West and may come much cheaper.

Is Landry from Indiana.. ?? we may end up having like 5 or 6 guys from Indy as our core here very soon.. lol. add Oden and Gordon too the mix.

but in all seriousness, if Landry is the PF Bird targets.. would you all consider it a good/bad move?

I like Landrys game, its obvious in the right system he can excel.. but he is sorta undersized as far as PF's go, and we already have one undersized PF in Tyler.

I would be cool with a frontcourt rotation as follows:

PF: Landry, Hansbrough, McBob
C: Hibbert, Foster, McBob, Stanko

would be a nice move for the right price.

MrHale
06-26-2011, 03:45 PM
we dont need anymore depth we need some star power. whether that be one of our young guys deciding to step up or a free agent (obviously not this year). but we def need a starting PF i just hope we dont give whoever we get to big of a contract

PacersPride
06-26-2011, 03:53 PM
we dont need anymore depth we need some star power. whether that be one of our young guys deciding to step up or a free agent (obviously not this year). but we def need a starting PF i just hope we dont give whoever we get to big of a contract

agreed.. but the star power is not coming this offseason. lack of stars in FA and the CBA lockout looming.

Landry will be the extent of FA spending this offseason and thats the right move. Save the majority of spending on next offseasons FA class.

2011 projected roster:

PG: DC, Hill, Price, Stephenson

SG: Hill, George, DJ, Stephenson

SF: Granger, George

PF: Landry, Hansbrough, McBob

C: Hibbert, Foster, McBob, Stanko

Posey will be bought out, and I dont think Rush will be here. just a hunch on Landry but I think he will be added for the right price. How does that roster look going into 2011... with 20+Million too spend in the next FA offseason.

Pacerfan83
06-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm not disagreeing about an upgrade at the PF. I really would like to get Millsap and have said so in prior posts. I love Hans but Millsap and Hans rotation would be sick

ECKrueger
06-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Landry is from Milwaukee and went to Purdue.

Anthem
06-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't get the Landry fixation. He's a good player, but not the guy we need. He'd be great off the bench if we didn't already have Tyler in that role.

We need a defensive glass-eater who can keep defenses honest.

Gamble1
06-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm not disagreeing about an upgrade at the PF. I really would like to get Millsap and have said so in prior posts. I love Hans but Millsap and Hans rotation would be sick
I think most posters would like Milsap but its going to cost and a few teams will be able to out bid us in a trade for his services.

This team needs an injection of attitude and I know this person has been mentioned before but I will keep on mentioning him.

IF Tyson Chandler can play pf then I think you go after him with a big contract. I am not sure if he can but teams like the little old Lakers have made a big line up work and I think he is the best fit for a BIG lineup to dominate the paint.

Chandler would be the tone setter and physical presence that would unite this team on the defensive end. That is exactly what we need IMO.

The biggest reason that I would pay him big bucks is that he is worth 2 contracts IF he can play the pf position.

I can't think of another guy that could come in and play the startig pf/backup center role at a high level like Chandler. I know many of you think Nene can but I don't.

MOst of the suggestion are good and I have made some of the same ones but Chandler is by the toughest guy we could go after this season and probably the biggest change in the Mavs lineup that changed their post season this year from seasons past.

My biggest hope is that the new CBA takes away Dallas's chances of resigning him.

rm1369
06-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Landry would be wasted money - he's another backup level player. We have plenty of those. He doesn't even upgrade an existing weakness. If they acquire someone below starter level, he needs to at least provide an element they are missing - toughness and rebounding. They were manhandled inside in the Chicago series. If nothing else is available, then sit on the money. Keep the flexibility until it can be used wisely.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=rm1369;1259095]

he's another backup level player. /QUOTE]

Bird just traded for what you described.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D

I agree that he Pacers need another PF. They need a player that can rebound and play "D". Varejao meets these requirements to a T. Plus he can play b/u Center, something too many on this board are under the misconception he can. ( McBob can't play "D" well enough for a center, and he has no bttb game either.) Andy would work well a a PF next to Hibbert and as a Center next to Hans. To me, he's the X-factor T-Bird alluded to numerous times.

daschysta
06-26-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't get the Landry fixation. He's a good player, but not the guy we need. He'd be great off the bench if we didn't already have Tyler in that role.

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/troy-murphy.jpg?w=200&h=170&crop=1 ?

;)

(yes i know what you meant, but couldnt resist teh DEFENSIVE GLASS pun)

Eleazar
06-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Well needing our young core to keep improving is a given, but Bird states he wanted the best bench in the NBA. So depth IMO is a very big issue. And yes I also agree we need a PF and Hans would be great as a backup/ sparkplug

Just because Bird says something doesn't make it true. It is not a bad thing to improve the bench, in fact it is a good thing, but we already had a pretty good bench. According to unit +/- our second best unit was Price, Rush, Granger, McRoberts, and Foster.

but in all seriousness, if Landry is the PF Bird targets.. would you all consider it a good/bad move?

In my opinion it would be a lateral move. I would rather give McRoberts a chance.

PR07
06-26-2011, 07:16 PM
If we are getting a big, let's get someone who has legit size and isn't going to get pushed around.

crunk-juice
06-26-2011, 07:57 PM
getting Landry would improve our bench regardless of who starts... therefore making us a better team. it isnt that complicated.

yoadknux
06-26-2011, 08:16 PM
But Landry would demand money and he isn't all that good. If we're gonna overpay someone, I'd rather overpay a guy like Nene or David West or even take on a bad contract like Blatche, not waste cash on a guy who won't make us better

PacerHound
06-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I am going to be enjoying myself when this power forward comes in that is suppose to replace Hansbrough in the starting line up. If he gets the job done I predict it will not last a month before Tyler will be back as a starter.

That said I do like Tyler as a bench player in that there are too many guys on the starting unit trying to be scorers as is. Not enough of a basketball there for Granger, Hibbert, and Collison as it is. If Tyler goes to the bench it will end up like it did last year for a time when our bench outplayed our starters to the point that some of the bench ended the year as starters.

If Tyler and Hill are both a part of the bench next year then it will be a repeat of last year in that respect - go in to rescue the mess the starters have made. Good luck with that new power forward guys. For me seeing is believing and who knows I have had to eat my words before so maybe you are right and I am wrong. Time will tell.

PR07
06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I am going to be enjoying myself when this power forward comes in that is suppose to replace Hansbrough in the starting line up. If he gets the job done I predict it will not last a month before Tyler will be back as a starter.

I agree with you on someone like Carl Landry, but if we were to get a prize like Nene, there's little chance that Hansbrough sees the starting lineup again if not for injury.

trailrunner
06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
I tried posting an in depth analysis.. very similar too this thread but didnt have any luck for some reason. Maybe I can post this message.

I think Carl Landry is the FA Bird is going too target this offseason. No link, just a hunch. We can then save the remaining cap space for Gordon in 2012.

I hope you are correct regarding Landry. If I were Bird I would try to acquire Gordon after a CBA is finalized perhaps this summer. Granger will soon lose his trade value.

CooperManning
06-26-2011, 09:14 PM

Humphries?

Interesting read from Nets Are Scorching (http://netsarescorching.com/2011/03/17/kris-humphries-defensive-wizard/):

March 17th, 2011 - We’ve seen it all and more from Kris Humphries at this point. Big slam dunks. Huge chasedown blocks. The hustle that Humphries brings to this team is underappreciated nightly by most folks who doesn’t respect that New Jersey uniform. When asked about him, the most common response is “oh, he’s that guy that dates Kim, right?”

He is. But he’s been so much more. After last Friday night’s career game – 19 points, no missed shots, and a career-high 20 rebounds – it marked the second time that the Hump had outplayed his Clippers counterpart, superstar and known car-jumper Blake Griffin. Back in November, the Hump held Griffin to just 11 points and just and three rebounds (none on the defensive end) in 30 foul-plagued minutes. It was, according to Basketball-Reference, Blake’s lowest “game score” of the season.

Until that Clippers game, my general view of Humphries was that he wasn’t a particularly good defender – he doesn’t rotate well and isn’t quick enough to defend most power forwards. However, after seeing him play yet another great game against a guy that most players seem to be deathly afraid of, I decided to look a little deeper into the numbers, because, after all, I’m an idiot.

Sure enough, I found that the Hump is actually a much better defender than I’d expected.

Other than just the wildly powerful blocks – and there have been dozens of those, with victims ranging from LaMarcus Aldridge to Eric Maynor to Lou Amundson to Robin Lopez – I wanted to know how he actually performed against other power forwards. Sure enough, a look at 82games.com bore out the idea that Humphries is actually a very solid defender. Hump’s PER at the power forward position is a very good 18.6, averaging 16.7 points and 17.7 rebounds per 48 minutes on 52% shooting. Opponents at the 4 average more points per 48 (19.1), but on worse shooting (48.2%) and don’t rebound the ball nearly as much (10.7). This adds up to a player efficiency rating of a below average 14.6 for his opponents. That’s a four-point PER advantage for Humphries.

The other metrics seem to bear this out. Humphries has seen the majority of his defense in the post, and while he’s not a top-tier defender, he’s certainly been impressive. According to Synergy Sports Technology, in 113 post defense possessions Humphries has allowed just 0.81 points per possession, holding opponents to just 42% shooting and forcing 11 turnovers. Over the course of the season, Humphries has shown that he’s capable of using his wide upper body to defend backdowns, as well as his surprisingly agile feet to cut off quick moves. He’s not great by any measure, but he’s pretty good – definitely better than I’d expected.

But the numbers that really surprised me were the ones in isolation.

Humphries has utterly shut down opponents in isolation sets this season. He’s shut down players in isolation at every position – literally, he’s been switched onto little guys like Steve Nash & Jose Calderon, to wings like Carmelo Anthony and Tayshaun Prince, to bigs like Carlos Boozer, Dirk Nowitzki, & David West, and he’s stopped all of them.

(Yes, Blake Griffin too.)

Perhaps opponents think they can score on him in isolation, but he’s got quicker hands and feet than nearly everyone expects, and most guys just end up throwing up bad shots when they’re unable to create good looks.

The numbers don’t lie: in iso, Humphries is allowing just 19-71 shooting (26.8%) and has forced eight turnovers. That adds up to just 0.6 points per possession. That’s, obviously, one of the best marks in the NBA.

It’s certainly strange that a guy who’s so well known for dating a superstar outside of basketball can play like the polar opposite – the dude just busts his butt constantly on both sides of the floor. While that adds up to an efficient – albeit low-usage – player on the offensive side, it’s weirdly the defense that he’s shown that he can stick with some of the best players in the NBA. I still have questions about his rotations – the Nets aren’t a great defensive team, and he’s got a lion’s share of that responsibility – but there’s no question that the guy has ramped it up on the defensive side of the floor.

purdue101
06-26-2011, 09:28 PM
IMO, Landry is not even remotely close to the answer for our frontcourt. He is a decent PF and I like his game, but he is no more talented than Tyler and somewhat duplicates his strengths. He is also undersized, even more so than Tyler. I would rather just play Tyler 35 min per night and resign JMac then throw money at Landry, eat up Tyler's mins, and still be looking to spend good money on a backup C. We need a big who has the quickness to play the 4 and size to slide over to the 5. Hibbert, Tyler, and that player can all run about 30-35 per night. Rebounding and defense should be the strengths of the player we target, which is the complete opposite of Landry.

Varejao, Nene, Jordan, Chandler, Robin Lopez, and Amir Johnson are a few names off the top of my head. Varejao would be perfect and considering Clevelands rebuilding efforts, maybe available. I'd at least offer up Rush, AJ, a 1st, and the cap space.

Al Jefferson is another target likely available. Defense isn't his strong suit, but he can board and has the size to slide to the 5.

imbtyler
06-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not really big on Carl Landry. As many have said, he's not what we need. If we could get DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler to play the 4, we'd have one hell of a frontcourt. I don't think either will happen (too loyal), but just try throwing money at them and see if it works.

The only other player I can think of would be Greg Oden, but he's still too much of a risk for most of you. Shannon Brown would be a little redundant, but I'd rather have him at 6th backup wing than Inferno or Rush. He's not worth a big enough contract to steal him from LA, though. Earl Clark might be available to take the combo forward position.

PacersPride
06-26-2011, 10:58 PM
getting Landry would improve our bench regardless of who starts... therefore making us a better team. it isnt that complicated.

i gotta agree with this. Chandler would be awesome pickup but at 2.5 times the cost (12M+).

Once the CBA is completed the Pacers will have a much better understanding on how the money will be spent.

I think if Landry signs for MLE type money, and its a movable contract, he makes us better in the short term, and its less risky investment per se.

I like the Chandler idea, but would prefer Andy V from Cleveland at a much reduced rate.

him and noah would be a great batttle in the playoffs. AV is a Foster type of player.

Preference would be Varajeo (sp) over most PF/C's right now because of his contract.

doubt clevveland lets him go.

PacerGuy
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I do not expect ANY "Big Name" trades or signings to happen this summer, as I am in full belief that we will throw everything we can @ E.Gordon next summer. He fits EVERYTHING we are looking for :young, scorer, defender, team oriented, confident w/ no ego or "me" issues, & a hometown kid at a position of need. I could see adding some pieces that could increase our depth (Battier, Randolph, Humphries, K.Brown, Stuckey) as more likely choices. If we DID go for a name that is also a "need", I'd look at, for the right price: Chandler, K.Martin, or G.Oden (pending health/cost).

I laugh when I see contract numbers being tossed around, but untill we know what the cap will be, will it be hard/soft/flex? (TWSS :) ), contract teams & structure, if there is going to be any roll-back of saleries (laugh, but the NHL had a 20% & the owners think they could have got more - & there are 6 NHL owners who are also NBA owners - think they arn't willing to fight the long fight?), or even if there will be any exceptions (MLE, LLE,) going forward (the owners want these gone!). The NBA will be an entirely different animal then what we are use to. The numbers we have become use to seeing will in large part be a thing of the past.

joeco
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
When it comes to acquiring talent in the current state of the Pacers I think to myself "who helps us to beat the Bulls" and Landry isnt the guy. We need long athletic bigs who can guard the paint/rim. IND wont get anywhere till they solve their own division and its front runner is obv CHI. So we must land players who make it difficult for Rose to score. Landry wont help us much vs CHI. Hill does tho and thats not to say Hill is a better player, he just fills a much bigger need.

CableKC
06-26-2011, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=rm1369;1259095]

he's another backup level player. /QUOTE]

Bird just traded for what you described.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D

I agree that he Pacers need another PF. They need a player that can rebound and play "D". Varejao meets these requirements to a T. Plus he can play b/u Center, something too many on this board are under the misconception he can. ( McBob can't play "D" well enough for a center, and he has no bttb game either.) Andy would work well a a PF next to Hibbert and as a Center next to Hans. To me, he's the X-factor T-Bird alluded to numerous times.
Sideshow Bob is going to cost something that you don't want to pay......the Cavs aren't shopping him and if they were, he'd cost a pretty penny.

CableKC
06-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Humphries?

Interesting read from Nets Are Scorching (http://netsarescorching.com/2011/03/17/kris-humphries-defensive-wizard/):
But he put these numbers up in a contract year ;)

LA_Confidential
06-26-2011, 11:24 PM
This Eric Gordon stuff is gettin out of hand. He's a good player but the fixation with him is a little scary. Its sad that weve sucked so long that we feel we need a hero but I believe that some of you are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment.

What if Gordon decides life is just fine in sunny California with Blake Griffin? What if Bird targets other players? Will the Fire Bird threads start?

I pray for the sake of the sanity of all members of PD that Gordon does become a Pacer because im afraid of what will happen if he doesnt.

Heisenberg
06-26-2011, 11:27 PM
But Landry would demand money and he isn't all that good. If we're gonna overpay someone, I'd rather overpay a guy like Nene or David West or even take on a bad contract like Blatche, not waste cash on a guy who won't make us better
NO :censored: WAY

LA_Confidential
06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Anyone who pined over not getting Mayo can live with have Andray Blatche. Dude has skills.

troyc11a
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Anyone who pined over not getting Mayo can live with have Andray Blatche. Dude has skills.

Blathce would be a perfect fit. 16.8/8.2
He makes less than Milsap and is younger, bigger, taller, more athletic. Scores the same and rebounds a little better. Plus, he is only 24 and should get better. Milsap is shorter, less athletic, plays little D, and has hit his prime.

Blatche has gotten better every year. That is a great sign. Trade a non core player and a first for him in a second!!!!!!!

troyc11a
06-26-2011, 11:40 PM
When it comes to acquiring talent in the current state of the Pacers I think to myself "who helps us to beat the Bulls" and Landry isnt the guy. We need long athletic bigs who can guard the paint/rim. IND wont get anywhere till they solve their own division and its front runner is obv CHI. So we must land players who make it difficult for Rose to score. Landry wont help us much vs CHI. Hill does tho and thats not to say Hill is a better player, he just fills a much bigger need.

Landry is a poor rebounder. We dont need a backup for Tyler, we need one who is better.

CooperManning
06-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Vintage Blatche!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yaae43_FNp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PacersPride
06-27-2011, 12:14 AM
This Eric Gordon stuff is gettin out of hand. He's a good player but the fixation with him is a little scary. Its sad that weve sucked so long that we feel we need a hero but I believe that some of you are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment.

What if Gordon decides life is just fine in sunny California with Blake Griffin? What if Bird targets other players? Will the Fire Bird threads start?

I pray for the sake of the sanity of all members of PD that Gordon does become a Pacer because im afraid of what will happen if he doesnt.

75% of the material on this board is heresay and hope... and somewhere in between is a lotta bull:censored:.

yes, it is sad that indiana needs a player of eric gordons stature too reignite the passion this fanbase once had a decade ago with Reggie Miller and Co.

I think anyone on here with a realistic optimism of landing EJ realizes it may not be easy.. and if the Clipps asking price is way too much then so be it. But I hope Bird at least pursues him aggressively.

I ask if I believe the Pacers have the assets too acquire such a player and I can honestly say yes. I then hypothetically ask if the Clipps may part ways with EJ... i see the max $ contract going to Blake and hopefully Jordan, and under a new CBA i can realistically say yes, the Clipps would let him go for equal value in return. Finally, I believe Gordon will want too play for his homestate,, and this is perhaps the reason I believe the Pacers have a shot of bringing him back too his roots.

Personally, I could care less if EJ plays for the blue&gold or not as long as we are contending for championships.

like i mentioned,, lotta the stuff on here is just random talk.. i havent seen any Eric Gordon threads or nothing "too outta hand." now the mayo talk.. that was nukkin futts.

mayo is not or will ever be MJ or anything close i bet.. and yea it woulda maybe been nice too acquire him.. but folks acted like it was the difference b/t a first round exit and a trip too the ECF too play the Heat.

not many if any players deserve the "fixation" with EJ being the exception. i think the kid wants too play for Indy or (specutatively Chicago), but maybe he does take a liking too sunny cali and blake show'.. i just dont think the clipps can afford too keep Blake, Jordan, and with other young talent.. and still retain EJ.

Most of us here long for the days of Reggie Miller, Rik Smits, Davis Duo, and action jackson.. but none of them are walking through that door.

if anyone is up too the challenge of replacing Reggie Miller its EJ. so yea.. get used too it, because until EJ signs long term with the clipps,, im gonna remain cautiously optimistic he is wearing blue&gold next season.

Most of all i think attendance would soar through the Conseco ceiling.. if we can acquire the guy. And lets be honest.. the Pacers need the financial support to benefit the city, as well as our beloved Franchise.

CableKC
06-27-2011, 12:16 AM
What makes you think that the Wizards will want to part with Blatche?

On the flipside, what makes you think that the Pacers FO would want to acquire a Player like Blatche who maybe gifted...but clearly a concern when it comes to on/off court behavior?

Pacerfan83
06-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Just because Bird says something doesn't make it true. It is not a bad thing to improve the bench, in fact it is a good thing, but we already had a pretty good bench. According to unit +/- our second best unit was Price, Rush, Granger, McRoberts, and Foster.

In my opinion it would be a lateral move. I would rather give McRoberts a chance.

Well that's Bird's job as a GM so I believe him when he says his main goal this offseason is to improve the bench. Did we have a decent bench last year? Yeah we did. Was it one of the best in the league? No it wasn't. If it was we would of been a 4 / 5 seed instead of an 8.

LA_Confidential
06-27-2011, 12:38 AM
What makes you think that the Wizards will want to part with Blatche?

On the flipside, what makes you think that the Pacers FO would want to acquire a Player like Blatche who maybe gifted...but clearly a concern when it comes to on/off court behavior?

The same thing that makes everyone else around here think that the Pacers can magically aquire Josh Smith, Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Anderson Verajao, Monta Ellis, Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Nene, Tyson Chandler, Eric Gordon.......Shall I continue or is that enough for ya?

Pacerfan83
06-27-2011, 12:47 AM
The same thing that makes everyone else around here think that the Pacers can magically aquire Josh Smith, Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Anderson Verajao, Monta Ellis, Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Nene, Tyson Chandler, Eric Gordon.......Shall I continue or is that enough for ya?

Well the reason I keep bringing up Millsap is because they are front loaded with al, favors, Kanter, and okur

CableKC
06-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Well, I'm in the boat that says that none of those Players could be sign or traded for without costing us a Core Player that we don't want to give up.....so I'm guessing that you're saying that it's wishful thinking on their part. :shrug:

CableKC
06-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Well the reason I keep bringing up Millsap is because they are front loaded with al, favors, Kanter, and okur
I don't disagree with you that the Jazz are loaded in the Frontcourt and that one of these Players will be moved......but my question to you ( and anyone else that thinks that we can get a Borderline All-Star Granger level type Player ) is....what assets are you willing to give up for Milsap?

Do you think that the Jazz will accept a BRush+future 1st+TPE for him?

Are you willing to give up Hansbrough, PG or any core Players ( in addition to the above ) to get him?

My guess is that your answer is "nope" and it's a safe bet to think that the Jazz may want to move Milsap or AlJeff....but they aren't going to give him up for a BRush+Useless Filler+Future 1st+TPE trade offer ( basically the only trade offer that I'd give up to get any Player )...cuz that's honestly not enough if you ask me.

Pacerfan83
06-27-2011, 01:56 AM
I definitely wouldn't give up DC, PG, Hill, Roy, Hans, Danny, or Lance. I'm aware that without giving up any of those it would be almost impossible to get him but who knows, I'm not a GM I'm sure Bird is aware about the Jazz's situation. I guess I'm hoping he could work some magic. Maybe he could get a third team into a trade with the jazz who just is in a big need of cap space and we could package a first along with Danthey, and McBob. But like I said this ain't ps3 and it would take Bird to work some more magic

Merz
06-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Blathce would be a perfect fit. 16.8/8.2
He makes less than Milsap and is younger, bigger, taller, more athletic. Scores the same and rebounds a little better. Plus, he is only 24 and should get better. Milsap is shorter, less athletic, plays little D, and has hit his prime.

Blatche has gotten better every year. That is a great sign. Trade a non core player and a first for him in a second!!!!!!!

Forget the numbers, have you seen the guy play? He is the kind of "power" forward I absolutely want no part of. There is no power to his game. Offensively his game is like the bad JO we had to deal with his last few seasons with the team...all mid range jumpers and no inside play, but without the defense.

I'd pass.

Merz
06-27-2011, 02:27 AM

That said I do like Tyler as a bench player in that there are too many guys on the starting unit trying to be scorers as is. Not enough of a basketball there for Granger, Hibbert, and Collison as it is. If Tyler goes to the bench it will end up like it did last year for a time when our bench outplayed our starters to the point that some of the bench ended the year as starters.

If Tyler and Hill are both a part of the bench next year then it will be a repeat of last year in that respect - go in to rescue the mess the starters have made. Good luck with that new power forward guys. For me seeing is believing and who knows I have had to eat my words before so maybe you are right and I am wrong. Time will tell.

I never understand posts like this. Why would you root for this hypothetical PF to not play well enough to start? Wouldn't you rather Tyler play as well as you think he can while still having another player start over him because he is playing even better than that?

The Pacers would be in better shape if they had someone better than Tyler starting. Both the starters and bench would be better. I'm not saying that guy is available right now, but that fact that you would enjoy said player not playing well enough to start makes no sense to me (unless you're more a Tyler fan than a Pacer fan).

Eleazar
06-27-2011, 03:05 AM
Well that's Bird's job as a GM so I believe him when he says his main goal this offseason is to improve the bench. Did we have a decent bench last year? Yeah we did. Was it one of the best in the league? No it wasn't. If it was we would of been a 4 / 5 seed instead of an 8.

Having one of the better benches doesn't mean much if your starters aren't a whole lot better than them. Also without JOB this team would easily have been competing for the 5th seed. I don't get why Pacer fans think this team has no talent and the only reason this team wins is because of Granger and Hansbrough.

PacerHound
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I never understand posts like this. Why would you root for this hypothetical PF to not play well enough to start? Wouldn't you rather Tyler play as well as you think he can while still having another player start over him because he is playing even better than that?

The Pacers would be in better shape if they had someone better than Tyler starting. Both the starters and bench would be better. I'm not saying that guy is available right now, but that fact that you would enjoy said player not playing well enough to start makes no sense to me (unless you're more a Tyler fan than a Pacer fan).

You missed my point the point being is that you are not going to bring in anyone better than Tyler. When people think Tyler they think the Tyler of the 2010-2011 season. The Tyler that I think will be coming back this fall for the 2011-2012 season is going to be a greatly improved player over the one you had. If I am right and he has his jumper down pat with consistency night in and night out, has learned some low post moves he did not have, has learned to block out thus rebound a little better it is going to be very, very tough to out work him and get his job. I don't think it can be done UNLESS Tyler has taken the summer off and is laying on a beach somewhere.

Merz
06-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I didn't miss your point (As I said "I'm not saying that guy is available right now"). I just don't get why you would enjoy the moment when it is proven that Tyler is the best the Pacers can get (at least for now). I would much more enjoy it if the Pacers can find someone who is good enough to send Tyler to the bench (strengthening both the starters and the bench).

bent20
06-27-2011, 10:25 AM
we dont need anymore depth we need some star power.

Completely agree. The team died in the playoffs because no one could get it done offensively. Granger is a solid player, but I don't see him becoming a superstar. Maybe George. Depth is great, but you need go to players in the NBA, in the playoffs and we don't have that right now.

CableKC
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I definitely wouldn't give up DC, PG, Hill, Roy, Hans, Danny, or Lance. I'm aware that without giving up any of those it would be almost impossible to get him but who knows, I'm not a GM I'm sure Bird is aware about the Jazz's situation. I guess I'm hoping he could work some magic. Maybe he could get a third team into a trade with the jazz who just is in a big need of cap space and we could package a first along with Danthey, and McBob. But like I said this ain't ps3 and it would take Bird to work some more magic
Of course, I'm going to hope that some Magic happens....but magic is for Harry Potter ;)

The only "magic" that can occur is if the new CBA significantly alters the landscape of the League and therefore forcing Teams to make a huge Salary Dump type of trade for Granger-Level Players that the Pacers can afford to pay.

CRASH
06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Seen this on the web.

"According to Indiana beat writer Mike Wells, the Pacers are targeting free agent Carl Landry. Hornets GM Dell Demps already referred to Landry as "an important part of our team" for the future, and with David West opting out of his deal in order to test free agency, New Orleans will certainly do everything they can to retain the power forward. Landry have proven to be a very capable starter in the past, and could be an under the radar fantasy asset after averaging 14.9 points and 5.9 rebounds in a starting role over 26 games last season. Mike Wells on Twitter Jun 27, 10:21 AM"

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nba/basketball

ECKrueger
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Seen this on the web.

"According to Indiana beat writer Mike Wells, the Pacers are targeting free agent Carl Landry. Hornets GM Dell Demps already referred to Landry as "an important part of our team" for the future, and with David West opting out of his deal in order to test free agency, New Orleans will certainly do everything they can to retain the power forward. Landry have proven to be a very capable starter in the past, and could be an under the radar fantasy asset after averaging 14.9 points and 5.9 rebounds in a starting role over 26 games last season. Mike Wells on Twitter Jun 27, 10:21 AM"

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nba/basketball

Also:

RT @WojYahooNBA: Two teams that'll be active with David West in free agency: Indiana and New Jersey.

PacerHound
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I didn't miss your point (As I said "I'm not saying that guy is available right now"). I just don't get why you would enjoy the moment when it is proven that Tyler is the best the Pacers can get (at least for now). I would much more enjoy it if the Pacers can find someone who is good enough to send Tyler to the bench (strengthening both the starters and the bench).

Your question can be turned back on you. Why is it you would prefer to see Tyler fail versus the new savior power forward so many want to see brought in? If you say it is because it will make us a better team that is just the very point in dispute. I am only arguing that Tyler is going to be a vastly improved player this coming year and it is going to be a bear of a job taking Tyler's job away from him. Yes, I will enjoy seeing Tyler retain his job because if your new power forward is as great as you might think him to be then if Tyler beats him out it only means Tyler and the Pacers are both a lot better. What is wrong with that? The whole argument works both ways as you see.
<O:p</O:p

Hicks
06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, if we do sign West or Landry, it certainly makes us deeper, which I'm fine with, but it doesn't give the team what I would like.

I prefer that we get a power forward who is significantly better than Tyler Hansbrough to be our starter.

However, I think going the other way for now doesn't necessarily mean we can't wind up with things where I'd want them to be.

Say we add Carl Landry. He starts, Tyler backs him up. While it's true neither of them is equal or better than the stiffest competition we're going to face up front, you are giving yourselves 48 minutes of sometimes solid, sometimes pretty darn good production from the position, first of all. (Assuming Tyler becomes more consistent)

Secondly, it never hurts to add assets to your roster. While it could be the Landry/Hansbrough show for a season or so, you never know what trades may come along later on that allow for an upgrade.

So really I'm fine for now if we go the depth route because I know that there's always the possibility to go after a superior talent later on, and in the meantime I will enjoy having a better team than we had before, even if it's not the "end game."

If we went into next season with this roster:

Collison/Hill/Price/Stephenson
George/Hill/Jones/Rush
Granger/George (plus presumably another bench guy who can see time here?)
Landry/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Acquired backup C (Foster or new guy)

The above roster, with the Vogel/Shaw coaching staff for the full year, I would expect to win at least 45 games, barring an unusual amount of health/chemistry issues.

Is that the top of the mountain? Certainly not.

Will it be a fun breath of fresh air? Abso-freakin-lutely.

Major Cold
06-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Well, if we do sign West or Landry, it certainly makes us deeper, which I'm fine with, but it doesn't give the team what I would like.

I prefer that we get a power forward who is significantly better than Tyler Hansbrough to be our starter.

However, I think going the other way for now doesn't necessarily mean we can't wind up with things where I'd want them to be.

Say we add Carl Landry. He starts, Tyler backs him up. While it's true neither of them is equal or better than the stiffest competition we're going to face up front, you are giving yourselves 48 minutes of sometimes solid, sometimes pretty darn good production from the position, first of all. (Assuming Tyler becomes more consistent)

Secondly, it never hurts to add assets to your roster. While it could be the Landry/Hansbrough show for a season or so, you never know what trades may come along later on that allow for an upgrade.

So really I'm fine for now if we go the depth route because I know that there's always the possibility to go after a superior talent later on, and in the meantime I will enjoy having a better team than we had before, even if it's not the "end game."

George/Hill/Jones/Rush
Landry/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Acquired backup C (Foster or new guy)

The above roster, with the Vogel/Shaw coaching staff for the full year, I would expect to win at least 45 games, barring an unusual amount of health/chemistry issues.

Is that the top of the mountain? Certainly not.

Will it be a fun breath of fresh air? Abso-freakin-lutely.

For me this is fine. But I don't think Landry gives a different facet than Tyler.

I am fine waiting for THE POWER forward, and using a "bull pen" of 4s. But in baseball each pitcher has a different role. You have the lefty power pitcher, you have the right power who can go only 30 pitches, you have the extended relief pitcher who can go 4 innings plus, etc.

We need a PF who can add something considerably different than Tyler. I would rather bring McRoberts back with the understanding that he brings the ball movement and athleticism. Tyler is the POWER and pick and popper. McRoberts is the roller and in-lane distributor.

I am fine with this. Getting Landry is alright, but like McRoberts we are looking to upgrade.

I just do not see Landry even starting over Tyler, if Tyler is more consistent.

We desperately need rebounding. And I know that Josh does not bring that consistently. So why not Hayes?

Merz
06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Your question can be turned back on you. Why is it you would prefer to see Tyler fail versus the new savior power forward so many want to see brought in? If you say it is because it will make us a better team that is just the very point in dispute. I am only arguing that Tyler is going to be a vastly improved player this coming year and it is going to be a bear of a job taking Tyler's job away from him. Yes, I will enjoy seeing Tyler retain his job because if your new power forward is as great as you might think him to be then if Tyler beats him out it only means Tyler and the Pacers are both a lot better. What is wrong with that? The whole argument works both ways as you see.
<O:p</O:p
I'm not the one saying I'm going to enjoy it when I'm proven right even if it means the team won't be as good. My ego is not that big and I don't need to stroke it. I'm not wishing for Tyler to fail at all. You now are completely missing my point. I want Tyler to play as well as he possibly can as long as he is a Pacer.

When it comes to the Pacers finding a starter better than Tyler, I agree that they probably won't find that player this offseason. I want Tyler starting as long as he is the best power forward on this team (why would I not), but I certainly don't enjoy the fact that the Pacers can't improve their team by finding a PF even better. I want the best team possible and if that means Tyler is coming off the bench or starting it doesn't matter as long as the team is as good as it possibly can be.

The thing I don't understand is why you as a Pacer fan would enjoy an inferior back-up free agent PF just so you can say "I told you so".

Infinite MAN_force
06-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't disagree with you that the Jazz are loaded in the Frontcourt and that one of these Players will be moved......but my question to you ( and anyone else that thinks that we can get a Borderline All-Star Granger level type Player ) is....what assets are you willing to give up for Milsap?

Do you think that the Jazz will accept a BRush+future 1st+TPE for him?

Are you willing to give up Hansbrough, PG or any core Players ( in addition to the above ) to get him?

My guess is that your answer is "nope" and it's a safe bet to think that the Jazz may want to move Milsap or AlJeff....but they aren't going to give him up for a BRush+Useless Filler+Future 1st+TPE trade offer ( basically the only trade offer that I'd give up to get any Player )...cuz that's honestly not enough if you ask me.

I don't understand why people think we are going to trade for a starting PF and somehow NOT include Tyler Hansbrough. If the feeling is that Hansbrough isn't quite the starting PF that we need, then whats the problem with including him in the package to acquire one?

Rush + Filler + Future first = NOT ENOUGH for Josh Smith or Paul Millsap.

Rush + Hansbrough + Future 1st = Getting MUCH warmer.

Use Hans to create a good enough package to acquire a starter and resign Mcbob, who has shown to be a more than capable backup. Seems like a sound strategy to me.

Infinite MAN_force
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
I really hope we don't go for Landry. I don't think he solves any of our problems.

Pacerfan83
06-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Having one of the better benches doesn't mean much if your starters aren't a whole lot better than them. Also without JOB this team would easily have been competing for the 5th seed. I don't get why Pacer fans think this team has no talent and the only reason this team wins is because of Granger and Hansbrough.

I never once in any of my posts said I thought our team doesn't have talent outside of granger and Hans. We have a good deal of talent in our core and that supports my claim we should be focusing of solidifying our bench outside of maybe bringing in another PF who could possibly start.

Dgreenwell3
06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I really think Hans has shown the capability to develop into that face up four personally...remember last year was basically his rookie season.

CableKC
06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't understand why people think we are going to trade for a starting PF and somehow NOT include Tyler Hansbrough. If the feeling is that Hansbrough isn't quite the starting PF that we need, then whats the problem with including him in the package to acquire one?
I guess I'm different in that ALL I view Hansbrough is a role where he is best suited to be a "very solid Backup PF and an Okay Emergency Starting PF"....which is why I'd prefer not to trade him at all....I like having him in the rotation cuz he provides solid depth to the roster.

Rush + Filler + Future first = NOT ENOUGH for Josh Smith or Paul Millsap.

Rush + Hansbrough + Future 1st = Getting MUCH warmer.

Use Hans to create a good enough package to acquire a starter and resign Mcbob, who has shown to be a more than capable backup. Seems like a sound strategy to me.
I agree on this to a certain degree.....IF giving up Hansbrough means that we can get a Rebounding/Shotblocking/Defender at the PF spot ( such as Al Jefferson and Josh Smith...if you twist my arm )...then I'd be okay with that. But if it meant Milsap or David West ( as a S&T ), then I'd prefer to keep Hansbrough.

For me, I'd give up Hansbrough IF it meant that we get the Player that will help us get to a Smashmouth Frontcourt. Milsap or David West won't do that....Al Jeff, Tyson Chandler and Josh Smith ( despite my reservations ) would.

PacerHound
06-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm not the one saying I'm going to enjoy it when I'm proven right even if it means the team won't be as good. My ego is not that big and I don't need to stroke it. I'm not wishing for Tyler to fail at all. You now are completely missing my point. I want Tyler to play as well as he possibly can as long as he is a Pacer.

When it comes to the Pacers finding a starter better than Tyler, I agree that they probably won't find that player this offseason. I want Tyler starting as long as he is the best power forward on this team (why would I not), but I certainly don't enjoy the fact that the Pacers can't improve their team by finding a PF even better. I want the best team possible and if that means Tyler is coming off the bench or starting it doesn't matter as long as the team is as good as it possibly can be.

The thing I don't understand is why you as a Pacer fan would enjoy an inferior back-up free agent PF just so you can say "I told you so".

Several points here. (1) If you agree with me as you say you do that,"when it comes to the Pacers finding a starter better than Tyler, I agree that they probably won't find that player this offseason" then what is the point? We are agreed. In fact, I started my second post [a response to you] as follows: "You missed my point the point being is that you are not going to bring in anyone better than Tyler." That is what my posts have been about in this thread. That guy, in my opinion, is not out there this year, not that we can get anyway. Maybe down the road. Remember the guy has to not only be available as a FA but has to be willing to come to Indiana and prefer us over other options.

(2) I used the word "enjoying" and that seems to be the whole problem. I said in starting my first post, "I am going to be enjoying myself when this power forward comes in that is suppose to replace Hansbrough in the starting line up. If he gets the job done I predict it will not last a month before Tyler will be back as a starter." If we were all honest [I have no reason to think you are not] we would all agree we enjoy seeing Tyler fight it out in a scrimmage under the basket or going against another player. That being the case why cannot I say I will enjoy seeing the battle fought out between Tyler and Mr. X power forward even though I will not get to see the scrimmages? Like I said I don't think there is a guy out there available this year that can take Tyler's job from him. If there is more power to him and shame on Tyler.

(3) I never said you were wishing Tyler would fail. I know you do not wish that. The fact is I never said I wished Mr. X power forward would fail either [I think you have been thinking that I did but go find the sentence that I wrote that says that.] I was just saying in my opinion he would fail in being able to unseat Tyler. What I was saying [my point] was that you could turn the argument you were using against me, valid or not, around on its head and I could use your own argument against you. Reverse the argument. You say that is invalid. Well, exactly. That is what I am saying about your argument against me. How valid is it to have me saying, "I'm going to enjoy it when I'm proven right even if it means the team won't be as good" when those are your words and assumptions rather than mine, your assumptions about me?

(4) In your last sentence you say, "The thing I don't understand is why you as a Pacer fan would enjoy an inferior back-up free agent PF just so you can say 'I told you so'." I really don't know where to begin. If the man is inferior then why on earth do you bring him in in the first place? Why give me or any other man the opportunity to say "I told you so?" I am not the guy out there chasing this magical mythical power forward for I have told you I don't believe he is out there to be had. I am not enjoying any inferior back-up free agent PF. I would say you are crazy if you go after one that truly fits that description. If he fails is it going to be my fault for telling you he was not out there this year? You have basically already agreed with me [see point #1 above where I quote you].

Finally, I want to apologize to you for it is evident to me I have hurt your feelings and/or angered you. It was never meant to be. I really need to seriously think about quitting PD if my posts are going to so upset people and I am beginning to learn that they do.

Infinite MAN_force
06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I guess I'm different in that ALL I view Hansbrough is a role where he is best suited to be a "very solid Backup PF and an Okay Emergency Starting PF"....which is why I'd prefer not to trade him at all....I like having him in the rotation cuz he provides solid depth to the roster.

I agree on this to a certain degree.....IF giving up Hansbrough means that we can get a Rebounding/Shotblocking/Defender at the PF spot ( such as Al Jefferson and Josh Smith...if you twist my arm )...then I'd be okay with that. But if it meant Milsap or David West ( as a S&T ), then I'd prefer to keep Hansbrough.

For me, I'd give up Hansbrough IF it meant that we get the Player that will help us get to a Smashmouth Frontcourt. Milsap or David West won't do that....Al Jeff, Tyson Chandler and Josh Smith ( despite my reservations ) would.

Personally I like Millsap better than Jefferson. Millsap is more mobile which would fit better with Hibbert, he isn't a shot blocker but is a very strong rebounder and his offensive game has really come around. His jump shot has improved by leaps and bounds... he averaged 17 PPG last season on 53% shooting and 39% 3PP. His rebounding numbers were down last year possibly due to playing away from the basket more, but he has always been known as an excellent rebounder. The best in the nation coming out of college.

I feel like Hansbrough's best case scenario would be a Millsap level of production, but I think Millsap will always be the better rebounder, and probably defender due to his superior wingspan. He will also most likely continue to be more efficient. These are a few areas of worry with Tyler I think. Overall, I don't see any way that Millsap wouldn't be an upgrade over Tyler. I would absolutely make that deal.

His contract is also very reasonable, unlike the oft-injured Jefferson.

Kraft
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Aside from his play, Tyler brings this team something no one else really has since Jermaine -- national recognition. Because of his collegiate hype, he's someone who gets on SportsCenter. And though I could care less about that, I do realize how it can positively affect a franchise.

Winning does that, too, though.

But losing Hansbrough hurts this team's profile.

PacersPride
06-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I guess I'm different in that ALL I view Hansbrough is a role where he is best suited to be a "very solid Backup PF and an Okay Emergency Starting PF

did u watch the playoffs.. Hansbrough outperformed Boozer in that series.. at a minimum he equalized Boozer.

Hansbrough will be one helluva player in a couple years. Right now his role is best served off the bench, but give him a little more credit than "emergency starting PF" especially considering last season was basically his rookie year.

Kemo
06-27-2011, 11:00 PM

How can you have a "smashmouth" team without Hansbrough? LOL

Especially, when Frank probably had this revelation of playing smashmouth , while watching Hans play... LOL

ilive4sports
06-27-2011, 11:01 PM
did u watch the playoffs.. Hansbrough outperformed Boozer in that series.. at a minimum he equalized Boozer.

Hansbrough will be one helluva player in a couple years. Right now his role is best served off the bench, but give him a little more credit than "emergency starting PF" especially considering last season was basically his rookie year.

Now lets be fair, Boozer played like ****. It wasn't hard to outplay him. Hans certainly didn't play too well outside of game one in the playoffs either.

I think Hans is in a very interesting situation right now. He showed some very good things and some not so good things. Right now I view him as a back up. But I am also very eager to see how he improves this off season as he didn't have that chance last year with the vertigo.

pacer4ever
06-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Now lets be fair, Boozer played like ****. It wasn't hard to outplay him. Hans certainly didn't play too well outside of game one in the playoffs either.

I think Hans is in a very interesting situation right now. He showed some very good things and some not so good things. Right now I view him as a back up. But I am also very eager to see how he improves this off season as he didn't have that chance last year with the vertigo.

Boozer was also hurt i don't know how serious. But i know he had a foot problem he just didst look like his normal self all playoffs.

Trophy
06-27-2011, 11:35 PM
I want Tyler to be this team's 6th man.

That's where he's best suited moving forward.

His energy off the bench would benefit a lot and I wouldn't trade him.

Steagles
06-27-2011, 11:57 PM

McRoberts is a hard working kid who brings a vital intangible to this lineup. When he is on the floor, he gets our guys fired up when he throws down dunks. I like him for the same reason I like Foster and want to keep them both. Foster keeps our guys doing their assignments and not screwing around. His veteran leadership and McBob's ability to bring energy to our guys outweighs the need to upgrade bigs. They may not put up ridiculous numbers, but our current frontcourt anchors this lineup. We needed to upgrade our backcourt for better numbers, and we did just that on draft day. If we are going to trade/get rid of one of our 4s, as much as I hate to say it, it needs to be Tyler. He doesn't bring the energy to the floor that McBob does, but I am still opposed to letting either Tyler or Josh go.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ilive4sports
06-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Boozer was also hurt i don't know how serious. But i know he had a foot problem he just didst look like his normal self all playoffs.

I thought his injury didn't happen until game 4 or 5.

NapTonius Monk
06-28-2011, 01:58 AM

George/Hill/Jones/Rush
Landry/Hansbrough
Hibbert/STANKOBring on the Stanko!

Eleazar
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
I thought his injury didn't happen until game 4 or 5.

I could have sworn it was completely made up for an excuse for playing horribly.

On a more serious note I think you are right, I don't think they would have waited to announce the injury until after the series was over if it didn't happen until the last game or two.

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 03:04 AM
I could have sworn it was completely made up for an excuse for playing horribly.

He just didn't look right to me. He was missing some shots he normally doesn't miss. And if its even possible his defense was worse than normal.

Placebo
06-28-2011, 03:53 AM
I've heard that Stanko's deal with a Turkish team is %99 done. They will announce it officially in couple of days.

Merz
06-28-2011, 05:25 AM
Finally, I want to apologize to you for it is evident to me I have hurt your feelings and/or angered you. It was never meant to be. I really need to seriously think about quitting PD if my posts are going to so upset people and I am beginning to learn that they do. [/FONT][/COLOR]

No feelings have been hurt and no one is angry here (nothing any poster says here is ever going to get me upset). No need to quit posting.

wintermute
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I've heard that Stanko's deal with a Turkish team is %99 done. They will announce it officially in couple of days.

But it doesn't change his NBA situation right? At least that's what I gather from Google Translate.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbaskonia.elcorreo.com%2Fnoticias%2F 2011-06-28%2Fbaskonia-abre-negociacion-efes-20110628.html

My understanding is that he'll be transferred to Efes Pilsen, but will still play under his old contract with Caja Laboral, i.e. signed until 2015, with an NBA buyout of 1.5m (EUR or USD? I've seen both reports)

So what this means I think is that he definitely won't be joining the Pacers for 2011-12 (due to the likely lockout), but long term his prospects of coming over remain the same.

Eleazar
06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
But it doesn't change his NBA situation right? At least that's what I gather from Google Translate.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbaskonia.elcorreo.com%2Fnoticias%2F 2011-06-28%2Fbaskonia-abre-negociacion-efes-20110628.html

My understanding is that he'll be transferred to Efes Pilsen, but will still play under his old contract with Caja Laboral, i.e. signed until 2015, with an NBA buyout of 1.5m (EUR or USD? I've seen both reports)

So what this means I think is that he definitely won't be joining the Pacers for 2011-12 (due to the likely lockout), but long term his prospects of coming over remain the same.

I think the lockout is the key. If the NBA is able to get the new CBA done with plenty of time before the season starts I think there is a decent chance the Pacers bring him over, but if the CBA isn't done in a timely manner he isn't going to be coming over.

CableKC
06-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the lockout is the key. If the NBA is able to get the new CBA done with plenty of time before the season starts I think there is a decent chance the Pacers bring him over, but if the CBA isn't done in a timely manner he isn't going to be coming over.
All signs point to a long protracted Lockout.

CableKC
06-28-2011, 07:00 PM
One name I haven't thought about as a Plan F.....the Pacers can probably trade for Brandon Bass as a Starting PF rental. :shrug: