PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Camp??

Justin Tyme
06-25-2011, 09:45 AM
It has come to my attention that San Antonio is having a free agent camp next week. Is that even possible?? What kind of a free agent camp is it? Could it be one to look at players who didn't get drafted? NBADL players? If so, I sure would like the Pacers to have one to invite Bigs such as Ricky Jackson, Dunigan, Greg Smith, etc to it. I don't like to see other teams get a jump on the Pacers in regards to this type of situation.

Larry Staverman
06-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Many of the players the Pacers worked out before the draft are free agents including Jackson and Smith. Maybe they were using those workouts to get a jump on things since they were trying to trade the draft picks.

owl
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Unless there is a personality issue I would really like to see Greg Smith. Strong and going to get stronger and has a powerforward type game.

D-BONE
06-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Unless there is a personality issue I would really like to see Greg Smith. Strong and going to get stronger and has a powerforward type game.

And hopefully the PG/Fresno St. connection will work in our favor.

SMosley21
06-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure this is how they found Gary Neal last year. He had been playing overseas for a couple years and they invited him to camp. The Spurs scouts are some of the best around.

pacer4ever
06-25-2011, 04:02 PM

ya he looks like he can play both positions. He needs a better motor but i would invite him to camp.

He would be a mini project IMO but hopefully we have him as the 15th man he would be a good project. He should of stay in college IMO.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=118671&league=NCAAM

BornReady
06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
hmm who do you guys think would be the better prospect? Smith or Rick Jackson?

pacer4ever
06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
hmm who do you guys think would be the better prospect? Smith or Rick Jackson?

Jackson i've watch a few times also and he is way more ready than Greg. Greg has more upside IMO and is a legit center who can play the PF but he is also a few years away IMO.

I was surprised a team like the Spurs didn't draft Smith late in the draft and put him in Europe for 2-3 years.