PDA

View Full Version : Spurs farewell interview with GHill3 (video)

flox
06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110624_hill

To me this speaks a lot about how much the Spurs love Hill- to have a 10 minute video about him leaving.

In addition, I hope you get to see the amount of character that he has that I have enjoyed following the Spurs and now will have the pleasure of following him on the Pacers.

He is one of my favorite players and I am so excited to have him move the Pacers. Honestly, I think it's best for his career and he might have a better shot at a championship ring long term (not short term..not yet at least. I think the Spurs still have a run in them).

Welcome home George Hill.

edit: Hopefully this also puts to rest that he isn't happy to be here!

Brad8888
06-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for posting this video. He did well being interviewed under difficult circumstances.

graphic-er
06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
He seemed to sort of open up more about it towards the end of the interview, but in the beginning, he sounded like his dog had just died.

NapTonius Monk
06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Videos like this make you remember that these moves that flash across the bottom of the screen are actually life altering moves for these guys. The 'it's a business' statement always pales in comparison to the daily routines and friendships that are suddenly impacted.

Shade
06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Very glad to have him.

A.B.Hollywood
06-24-2011, 06:36 PM
"it was always a dream when I was a kid to play for the pacers. I'm really happy about that"

Gee. Yeah, he sure wanted out of Indy.

man I love this kid.

A.B.Hollywood
06-24-2011, 06:45 PM
This guy and Hibbert are going to be fun from a PR standpoint. You can already tell that he has one of those infectious personalities.

Yet another (albeit small) positive here

SMosley21
06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Really thought he handled himself well in the interview. He was professional and seemed to be very honest in his answers. You can also kind of tell that he doesn't have a problem speaking what's on his mind. The looks and responses he gave to a couple of those really dumb questions, completely reminded me of how Larry Bird will shoot straight from the hip if you ask him a direct question.

SamBear
06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
:(

RC talking about why they did this. :(

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2011/06/24/110623bufordmov-1743137

Will Galen
06-24-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm taking to George Hill like I first took to Danny Granger. Really like them both as people! Danny's my all time favorite Pacer and George Hill is now in my top ten.

Peck
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm taking to George Hill like I first took to Danny Granger. Really like them both as people! Danny's my all time favorite Pacer and George Hill is now in my top ten.

Sometimes I wonder if you and I aren't the last two Granger fans left in Indiana.

He's not my all time favorite but he sure is one of my favorites.

I want George Hill to become a favorite as well.

SMosley21
06-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you and I aren't the last two Granger fans left in Indiana.

Count me too. I'm still a fan of Danny.

Will Galen
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
That's three! Any more?

cdash
06-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Too many people hate the role he has been thrust into. They are judging him as a #1 option, and he just isn't that. I like Danny. He frustrates me at times, but I think on a winning team that guy is an asset. It seems to have flown under the radar just how good he was in the playoffs. Efficient against a good defender (and elite defensive team) as the #1 option for an overmatched squad. I like Danny, and I'd love to see him play on this team when we are a bonafide playoff team (which I think we will be going forward).

BringJackBack
06-24-2011, 09:48 PM

I love Danny too!

He had a great Playoff series with the Bulls focused ALL on him. Imagine how good he will do when he has players to play with.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Hey, I think Danny has been a terrific Pacer. Class act all the way. He is a solid piece that this team needs to contend. It's just not "his" team like it was Reggie's of JO's. As long as we keep who and what Danny Granger is in proper perspective, it is impossible not to really like him and want him on the team!

Sandman21
06-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Number 4 or 5 Granger fan reporting in!

notque
06-24-2011, 10:07 PM
What a great interview, what a great man. I am so so so much more excited to get Hill than some random tweener that can't shoot.

Time to play some NBA2k and rip up with Hill at Starting SG!

Trophy
06-24-2011, 10:10 PM

I've always liked Danny for many reasons. Really good player, a really good person, smart guy, and a nice guy.

I would miss him for those reasons if we were to trade him.

However, I'm open to trading him for the best deal we can possibly get. Not one like that T-Wolves deal. I'd want a proven player or a player with promise.

I feel like grabbing him at 17 was one of the biggest steals in the modern day NBA.

BBQ
06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Wow. That video really shocked me. George Hill is a tremendous guy. We must have some of the best character in the league now with Hill, Hibbert, George, Granger, Collison.

I just hope some of that culture follows Hill to Indiana's locker room.

317Kim
06-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Number 4 or 5 Granger fan reporting in!

Count me in as well! :happydanc

natjjohn
06-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't post much really, but had to chime in, that Danny is solid!

ChristianDudley
06-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I still love Danny also. George Hill will be great for the team both on and off the court. We have some very fun guys on the team, from Danny to DC to Roy to Hill to PG and even more--I like the guys that we have and the chemistry that they are building. I think George Hill will fit in great for the Pacers.

owl
06-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Other than Reggie who rivals Granger in the Pacers NBA era? Count me in the Granger fan numbers.

Heisenberg
06-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Danny had something like the 8th best PER (take it for what it's worth) of all players in the playoffs.

There's a lot of really good players in the playoffs.

imawhat
06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
That was enjoyable to watch. It's nice to see genuine responses from an interview.

It's so much easier to like this team now than it was 4 or 5 years ago. We have a lot of players that are easy to root for, and Hill is definitely one of those guys.

McKeyFan
06-25-2011, 04:05 PM
I really like how he refused to insert himself as a starter or a major scorer. All about the team.

He also called Collison a great point guard. Takes a little steam off that issue.

Pretty confident, smooth interview all the way around. We just got a gem.

D squared fan
06-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Can anybody photo shop a pacers uniform on g.hill????

Indra
06-26-2011, 04:00 AM
I love how he handles himself. Very humble, but extremely confident, gracious for what the Spurs gave him, but enthusiastic about the opportunity ahead of him. He totally seems genuine, and a great guy. The fact that he's a heck of a basketball player makes me love him even more. He will make this team better, no matter where he fits in.

Trophy
06-26-2011, 11:16 AM
George definitely said all the right things.

Fully understandable he's going to miss the Spurs players and organization, but at the same time home is home he said and he can't wait to return to Indy and get started with the Pacers.

I don't think it'll take long before he fits in with us and builds the type of connection like the one he had with the Spurs. We have a bunch of good people in this organization and of course he knows the Indy area.

Anthem
06-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Man, if he's halfway decent for us on the court, he's going to be an easy guy to like.

No wonder Bird's been after him.