Power Forward - Hansbrough, Posey
Center - Hibbert

*Not traditional PG/SG, but with our roster I think Combo and Wing is important

Our FAs that we may re-sign:
Foster
McRoberts
Dunleavy?

Likely to be shopped: Rush, Dahntay, Posey, maybe Price

So, assuming we are going into the season with what we have, what are we going to add to the team to flesh it out? Who gets re-signed and who do we pursue in FA? Big men is the clear weakness.

CooperManning
06-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm not a fan of this free agent class. I'd rather save money for extending Hill and Hibbert and then see where we're at after those deals get done. I would be fine with re-signing Josh and Jeff and bringing over Stanko, giving us this opening day rotation:

Collison/Hill/Stephenson/Price
George/Hill/Rush/Dahntay
Granger/George/Posey
Hansbrough/McRoberts
Hibbert/Foster/Stanko

That's 14 players, leaving a spot open in case we need to accept an extra player back in a trade. Posey and Price, Stephenson, or Dahntay in street clothes.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
That's 14 players, leaving a spot open in case we need to accept an extra player back in a trade. Posey and Price, Stephenson, or Dahntay in street clothes.

I'd be happy with this, really. But we don't do anything to address rebounding. And that scares me a little. I think there's a chance we let Price go for a future second or cut him, as his contract is unguarantee'd. If that happens, Kwame, Nazr...I see us bringing another big in for cheap.

CooperManning
06-24-2011, 02:25 PM
I'd be happy with this, really. But we don't do anything to address rebounding. And that scares me a little. I think there's a chance we let Price go for a future second or cut him, as his contract is unguarantee'd. If that happens, Kwame, Nazr...I see us bringing another big in for cheap.

Very possible. I wouldn't at all be opposed to Reggie Evans if he comes cheap.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 02:27 PM
And any long term acquisition, I'm guessing will be a player that is ready to play now and is between the ages 23-28 or so.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Under Contract:
Point Guard - Collison, Price
Combo - Hill, Stephenson
Wing - George, Granger, Rush, Dahntay
Power Forward - Hansbrough, Posey
Center - Hibbert

*Not traditional PG/SG, but with our roster I think Combo and Wing is important

Our FAs that we may re-sign:
Foster
McRoberts
Dunleavy?

Likely to be shopped: Rush, Dahntay, Posey, maybe Price

So, assuming we are going into the season with what we have, what are we going to add to the team to flesh it out? Who gets re-signed and who do we pursue in FA? Big men is the clear weakness.

I disagree about Jones. I think he is a quality backup 3. He proved it in the Chicago series and played much better under Frank. He fits the makeup of a smashmouth team. I like him!

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I would, once again, like to point out that the most likely way to improve this roster is via the trade route, not free agents.

My man crush is Robin Lopez. He can board & block shots, not much of a scorer but with this roster we don't need him to.

Jones showed his worth to this team in the Bulls series, I hope he sticks.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
I disagree about Jones. I think he is a quality backup 3. He proved it in the Chicago series and played much better under Frank. He fits the makeup of a smashmouth team. I like him!

Sure, but there's been report of us shopping both Rush and Jones prior to the draft. I think we move at least one of them.

Gamble1
06-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I would, once again, like to point out that the most likely way to improve this roster is via the trade route, not free agents.

My man crush is Robin Lopez. He can board & block shots, not much of a scorer but with this roster we don't need him to.

I was just about to post about Robin Lopez but I wanted to look at youtube highlights of him. Lopez is a guy you could start next to Hibbert IMO and he would be cheap to resign.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Of course, and that's possible...but I want a thread that doesn't simply get mutilated by brainless trade proposals. Also, I'm saying more patch-work for the roster rather than "OMGZ SIGN NENE TO A MAX CONTRACT"...players that command a smaller price tag, potential 4th bigs, things like that.

Mentioning a player, like Robin Lopez, who may be available is great though.

Robin Lopez
Patrick patterson
Jordan Hill
Paul Millsap
Anthony Randolph

Who else may have been drafted over that could be available in a trade?

ECKrueger
06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
The way I see it is we have:

Collison/Hill
George/Hill
Granger/George
X/Hansbrough
Hibbert/X

We just need that starting 4 and backup 5. Foster should be back I think, and someone like Landry would be decent I think.

Gamble1
06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Of course, and that's possible...but I want a thread that doesn't simply get mutilated by brainless trade proposals. Also, I'm saying more patch-work for the roster rather than "OMGZ SIGN NENE TO A MAX CONTRACT"...players that command a smaller price tag, potential 4th bigs, things like that.

Mentioning a player, like Robin Lopez, who may be available is great though.

Robin Lopez
Patrick patterson
Jordan Hill
Paul Millsap
Anthony Randolph

Who else may have been drafted over that could be available in a trade?
I would put JJ Hickson in that group and possibly Speights.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
We just need that starting 4 and backup 5. Foster should be back I think, and someone like Landry would be decent I think.

I like Landry but I think he's too much like Hansbrough, not a good enough rebounder or defender to be an upgrade. We need more than 4.6 rebounds in 26.something minutes in my opinion.

Banta
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
I know very little about Stanko but, based on a few things I have heard recently, I would be really happy with bringing him over. Since this is a pretty poor FA class, it would be nice to have him in this year and holding onto our $$ until next summer. If he's the good player everyone seems to think, it would make things very interesting.

ECKrueger
06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree Landry is not the best case scenario, but I would rather sign a decent PF for now than trade significant pieces for a slightly better one. Robin Lopez sounds pretty good to me.

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Stanko would be solid. It would allow Foster to split time, effectively, at both PF and C. And if McRoberts were re-signed, it would give us an improved 5 man big rotation, which I think was an obvious need in the Chicago series. McRoberts was hurt but we had no one capable of stepping up because Solo was a scrub.

RLeWorm
06-24-2011, 03:02 PM
i wanna trade Danny for a star big man and i think it can happen if Larry actually tried

Ozwalt72
06-24-2011, 03:03 PM
i wanna trade Danny for a star big man and i think it can happen if Larry actually tried

Depends on what you call a star big man. We wouldn't get a Pau level player with Granger.

ECKrueger
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Keep forgetting about Stanko too. Get him over here, sign Foster, and get Lopez or Landry and I will be even more excited for the season than I am right now.

Hicks
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
The way I see it is we have:

Collison/Hill
George/Hill
Granger/George
X/Hansbrough
Hibbert/X

While acknowledging the possibility of switching Collison and Hill at the 1, I agree, the above will be our core.

ECKrueger
06-24-2011, 03:11 PM
While acknowledging the possibility of switching Collison and Hill at the 1, I agree, the above will be our core.

Yes, I think Collison/Hill is a toss-up at the moment. Who knows after camps. All in all it looks pretty solid, just need another big guy.

Justin Tyme
06-24-2011, 04:45 PM

We think alike on trades and not FA to improve this team this year. I'd like a Speights trade. Collison doesn't seem to see him in their future. They drafted big last night with Vucevic and Lavoy Allen. Speights should be available.

Justin Tyme
06-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Ok, so where does that put Bird's best player on the team? I'll surmise getting splinters. If the Pacers hadn't traded for Hill, I was beginning to believe Stephenson would be the b/u PG. I'm not sure what to think now. I understand the primise of the trade for Hill just not sure where that puts Steph.

A.B.Hollywood
06-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one getting frustrated at people saying "what will the Pacers do with George? They already have Collison!" When all I see is a player that will get just as many minutes as DC or Paul George/ who cares which one technically "starts" or not? He can be our Manu, Ben Gordon, Jason Terry type player in that he's the 1st man off the bench that gives us immediate help at whatever position is most troublesome.

Sometimes I feel like people treat NBA basketball like Fantasy basketball. Its only about the starting unit you put up there. I also think these people didn't watch the NBA finals, but I digress...

For me, our starting 5 isn't as important as our First 7.

RLeWorm
06-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Depends on what you call a star big man. We wouldn't get a Pau level player with Granger.
i think it can happen. I think people around the league overrate Danny.

Eleazar
06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Sure, but there's been report of us shopping both Rush and Jones prior to the draft. I think we move at least one of them.

It is probably just about who will bring back better value. They are basically redundant players so there is no need to keep both. Neither has really separated themselves as being more useful on a game to game basis, so it comes down to who brings back more.

I think it is a lot closer than people think. People on this board seem to either over value or under value players on this team without a lot of middle ground. If people think about it we got Jones for cheap compared to how people on this board talk about him. If you didn't know what he was making and you came on this board you would think he was making $8 million a year, and would be starting for 50% of the teams out there. When in reality he is making $2.5 million after he made a name for himself guarding Kobe(not a whole lot, especially considering Solo got $1.5 million) and just like Jarret Jack it is just as likely he would be traded within a year of going to a new team as it is that the team would want to keep him.