PDA

View Full Version : Its time! The "Way Too Early 2012 Draft Wants!"

Derek2k3
06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Alright, I know there is a lot that can change, but here is a link to an early 2012 Mock:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Alright, at this point, who do we want to see the Pacers target? I know, I know, these guys could have great/awful seasons, we could sign a big free agent...but, given where we are RIGHT NOW, and given what these players did this past season, who do you want?

Me? Kind of you to ask:

Clearly, Bird name dropped Zeller. Wouldn't be opposed; kid was developing nicely. And, at 6-11, 240 he can take minutes at the 4 and 5.

Mason Plumlee is an option. 6-10, 240. Decent/Good size, seems like a solid, fundamental player.

But, I would love to get Perry Jones. At this point he's going too high, but I love the package. 6-11, 235. Athletic freak, quick, can play the 3/4, but has the height to occasionally defend the 5. Huge upside.

Alright, anyone else interested in looking to the future?

Really?
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Alright, I know there is a lot that can change, but here is a link to an early 2012 Mock:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Alright, at this point, who do we want to see the Pacers target? I know, I know, these guys could have great/awful seasons, we could sign a big free agent...but, given where we are RIGHT NOW, and given what these players did this past season, who do you want?

Me? Kind of you to ask:

Clearly, Bird name dropped Zeller. Wouldn't be opposed; kid was developing nicely. And, at 6-11, 240 he can take minutes at the 4 and 5.

Mason Plumlee is an option. 6-10, 240. Decent/Good size, seems like a solid, fundamental player.

But, I would love to get Perry Jones. At this point he's going too high, but I love the package. 6-11, 235. Athletic freak, quick, can play the 3/4, but has the height to occasionally defend the 5. Huge upside.

Alright, anyone else interested in looking to the future?

Any of the Bigs would be good... I think Teague and Kabongo were in the running before the trade was made but now just one of the bigs, particularly one that is good on defense as well as has good offensive rebounds and isn't afraid to bang..

Next years draft could be the best PF draft in many many years... all have a lot of different traits... Most don't seem ready to bang right now but have a lot of potential.. I wonder how Perry Jones will turnout... I wish Sullinger would have had a little more height he would be the perfect PF for us... Granted we will probably be picking around 15 next year a lot of the top PF's will be gone but hopefully one will slip to us like Leonard did this year...

PacerPenguins
06-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Perry Jones

Really?
06-24-2011, 11:16 AM
This link is good as well Chad Ford top 100 for 2012

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/top100/_/year/2012

Derek2k3
06-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Any of the Bigs would be good... I think Teague and Kabongo were in the running before the trade was made but now just one of the bigs, particularly one that is good on defense as well as has good offensive rebounds and isn't afraid to bang..

Next years draft could be the best PF draft in many many years... all have a lot of different traits... Most don't seem ready to bang right now but have a lot of potential.. I wonder how Perry Jones will turnout... I wish Sullinger would have had a little more height he would be the perfect PF for us... Granted we will probably be picking around 15 next year a lot of the top PF's will be gone but hopefully one will slip to us like Leonard did this year...

I would love Sullinger, even though he's a bit short. Thing is, if he can keep developing his offensive game, he has a great feel around the basket/in the paint. Plus he can really bang around in there, unlike other similarly built player such as Glen Davis. Davis hangs around the perimeter too much, whereas Sullinger wants to be down low 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, assuming Ohio State has another good year and Sullinger doesn't drop off, he'll be a top 5-10 pick, which (hopefully) means we would have to trade up.