PDA

View Full Version : Summer

petey623
06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
now that we have hill what is or next move this summer?..will it be a trade or some FA signings?? And what FA players would actually make us better?

pacer4ever
06-24-2011, 01:49 AM
i say we stand pat this summer maybe bring Stanko over and wait for 2012 to make a big splash

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
We must get another Center and PF at the minimum. Jeff could be brought back on a 1 yr deal. I dont see McBob taking less money to stay here. Memphis wanted him enough to give up Mayo. He has earned some money.

BornReady
06-24-2011, 02:14 AM
nene please :D

beezer615
06-24-2011, 02:22 AM
I read an article on Stanko the other day. He seems ready to come over the pond, except for that little business to do with the LOCKOUT.

On a side note, pleasantly relieved since I mixed up Stanko and Lorbek. Was disappointed thinking we gave up Stanko in the Hill trade. Come to find out, we gave Lorbek, our draft pick from 6 YEARS AGO, who basically has made it clear he plans to stay overseas. Plus one for my stupidity. I hope we get a deal before the NFL does and Stanko become HIbbert's backup.

Pacer Fan
06-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Get undrafted Greg Smith Fresno St. - ASAP

Constellations
06-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Nene.

Or

Make me the happiest Pacer fan in the world Larry and get Kevin Love. Throw the man a towel and get him to Indy.

Pacer Fan
06-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Jazz, Wolves, Cavs, Bobcats, Suns are heavy on PF/C and all 4 could use an SG.

Possible trade D. Jones or B. Rush + future draft pick(s) & maybe Posey for salary fill if needed.

CooperManning
06-24-2011, 03:48 AM
B-Rush + Price + Lottery protected '12 first + cap space for Paul Millsap. I'll be shocked if Millsap is still on the Jazz when the season starts. Favors/Kanter/Jefferson/Okur is plenty. How do you like this 10-man rotation? Decrease Dahntay and Lance's minutes as you see fit.

Collison/Hill/Lance
George/Hill/Dahntay
Granger/George
Millsap/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

pacer4ever
06-24-2011, 03:55 AM
B-Rush + Price + Lottery protected '12 first + cap space for Paul Millsap. I'll be shocked if Millsap is still on the Jazz when the season starts. Favors/Kanter/Jefferson/Okur is plenty. How do you like this 10-man rotation? Decrease Dahntay and Lance's minutes as you see fit.

Collison/Hill/Lance
George/Hill/Dahntay
Granger/George
Millsap/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

I agree Milsap or Al is all but gone from the Jazz

Pacerfan83
06-24-2011, 03:58 AM
I stated we should trade for Millsap also in an earlier thread but hasn't posted yet. I think your on to something Cooper he I exactly what we need and we would be pretty much set.

CooperManning
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
I agree Milsap or Al is all but gone from the Jazz

For sure, I guess if we could get either one of them for the same price I'd take Al since he can play 4 or 5, but I feel like his trade value is a little higher than Millsap's.

Pacer Fan
06-24-2011, 04:00 AM

Collison/Hill/Lance
George/Hill/Dahntay
Granger/George
Millsap/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

That would be sweet! I'd like to see a decent Center added. Foster will prolly only play 50 games. Maybe Kwame Brown off FA.

Collison/Hill/Lance
George/Hill/Dahntay
Granger/George
Millsap/Hansbrough
Hibbert/?/Foster

rexnom
06-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Once we have that cap space, the Jazz become a natural trading partner, if we're enthused with either Millsap or Jefferson.

petey623
06-24-2011, 05:52 AM
I can only imagine a.starting lineup of hibbert, jefferson, george, granger, and collision... or whoever as the starting point guard it doesn't matter to me as long as the chemistry is good...

TheRifleman51
06-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Once we have that cap space, the Jazz become a natural trading partner, if we're enthused with either Millsap or Jefferson.

I would love to nab Millsap what do you think they would be asking for

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Milsap would be cool. For some reason AlJeff strikes me as less attractive. I see him as much more of a low-post scorer, much less a defender and rebounder despite his size. The plodding front court with he and Hibbert is also a concern. Unless they don't see much time together, meaning Roy probably heads to the bench. Asking price will impact interest in either.

Point about Foster is well taken. Even if resigned, can we count on him for 82 games (plus maybe playoffs) of top notch play/big minutes anyway?

We'll see. Hope they can get the labor impasse resolved or this becomes moot as a summer discussion.

EDIT: Interested to see if Stanko becomes part of the b/u C equation or not. If so, can he provide the level/style of play we need if a primary factor?

Kraut N Beer
06-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Sign McBob or vet big to reasonable contract.
Bring over Stanko if possible.
Hold cap space additional year unless a stud PF can be had.
Invite Rick Jackson to camp.
Invite Jamie Skeen to camp.
Invite David Lighty to camp.

The Jackson shimmy
06-24-2011, 08:13 AM
The Rockets now have Scola, Patterson, Hill and Morris at PF. Surely
one ot two of those guys are available (presumably not Scola).

Interest ?

NapTonius Monk
06-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Would you be willing to offer a max deal to Nene?

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Would you be willing to offer a max deal to Nene?

Ambivalent on this. I really like Nene. He can provide offense inside and bang. Could obviously get minutes at 5 and 4, but I don't know how effective he is at 4 with Roy in there. He is rugged, but by no means a shot blocker.

If he can be successful on the floor with Roy, then provide some relief minutes for him, thus moving Tyler to the bench, I'd consider it. Still, the max deal is a bit scary. Just don't want to end up married to the guy at that price if he turns out to be just okay...or worse.

His alleged injury concerns don't bother me much now. He's played basically full season the last couple years.

Glad I don't have to make this decision. I can just sit here and opine on whoever TPTB brings in.

Sparhawk
06-24-2011, 08:48 AM

Not a fan of either. I like Milsap, but I fear Milsap and Hibbert together, and other teams will feast on us inside. I'd only go for Favors, but I don't see the Jazz trading him.

Sparhawk
06-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Wouldn't mind trying to get Epke Udoh, but probably don't have the pieces.

Lou Bega
06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Nene Max deal Hell NO.
money better spent elsewhere

I would take a look @ this situation see what another team is willing to pay Josh Mc Roberts. If you think that team is overpaying for him make an offer for Carl Landry. Nothing huge, very reasonable 2 or 3 year deal.

Foster-sign him to a 10 year 10 million player/coach keeping you in Indy deal. Seriously if Vitaly Popenptko can coach in Indy Jeff Foster can [Vitally scored the first pts @ Conseco, & Jeff scored the last pts @ market square]

Core of
Danny Granger
George Hill
Paul George
DC
Hans
Roy
Landry

You live with that and add to it. I did not put in Lance due to his WILD CARD STATUS. try to trade Rush or D Jones, Posey, & above for a superstar

Taterhead
06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I would have to go with Al Jefferson. We need a post scorer and he is about as good on the block as there is. He is also only 26 years old. If you could get him to slim down a little, you could have an all star. Adding Jefferson and Hill to the group we had towards the end of the year last year would make us a very dangerous team right away.

Offer the Jazz to absorb his salary in exchange for picks.

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I have expressed my concerns about Al Jeff elsewhere. One that I haven't mentioned yet, however, is - if he's so good, how come he's been traded several times already and wasn't able to form part of Utah's future?

I'm not saying I'm completely opposed. Just have reservations. Not sure he ultimately ends up as a better option than say, Milsap, Chuck Hayes, Landry. Although I recognize he does clearly trump them in terms of offensive production.

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Nene Max deal Hell NO.
money better spent elsewhere

I would take a look @ this situation see what another team is willing to pay Josh Mc Roberts. If you think that team is overpaying for him make an offer for Carl Landry. Nothing huge, very reasonable 2 or 3 year deal.

Foster-sign him to a 10 year 10 million player/coach keeping you in Indy deal. Seriously if Vitaly Popenptko can coach in Indy Jeff Foster can [Vitally scored the first pts @ Conseco, & Jeff scored the last pts @ market square]

Core of
Danny Granger
George Hill
Paul George
DC
Hans
Roy
Landry

You live with that and add to it. I did not put in Lance due to his WILD CARD STATUS. try to trade Rush or D Jones, Posey, & above for a superstar

I don't love the idea of Landry, but in the absence of anything else and at a REASONABLE price, he would help us. He might be able to get Tyler to the bench, where I think he could really wreak some havoc. This would definitely support this idea of developing a 2nd unit so superior it might make up for a slightly less potent 1st unit.

The issue for me with Landry is rebounding. Will he be dominant enough there to pair with our rather lean rebounding starting group, especially Roy? I can live without much shotblocking and I think he can body up defensively and/or cover more perimeter 4s within reason.

Honestly, of all the ideas tossed around to shore up our situation at the PF, I'm finding myself more attracted to the shorter (traditionally speaking) candidates - Milsap, Landry, Hayes. In part because I view them as more attainable, in part because, while they are far from ideal/saviors, I feel like you know what you get more with them, both in terms of their play and their demeanor/attitude. Perhaps I'm off on that, but that's my impression.

Lou Bega
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
D-Bone
Thadeus Young very under the radar very quality fiesty rebounder but 6'8. He is another potential target.

I just would rather pay a little more $ for Landry than re-sign Mc Roberts. I gauge Mc Roberts as signing a 2.5 - 5.0 deal. I believe you can sign Landry for a tad more an upgrade. He is a nice/stop gap.

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Lou Bega,

I can see that line of thinking. I don't dislike McRoberts, but he's a finesse big. Don't think he'll ever be a significant board guy, although a good weakside shotblocker. Landry would be a nice scoring upgrade. Wouldn't rule out Young either, but he strikes me as more perimeter oriented than some of the other short PF crew, although he is a decent rebounder. But, if we got him, I'd be happy to give it a chance.

Taterhead
06-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I have expressed my concerns about Al Jeff elsewhere. One that I haven't mentioned yet, however, is - if he's so good, how come he's been traded several times already and wasn't able to form part of Utah's future?

I'm not saying I'm completely opposed. Just have reservations. Not sure he ultimately ends up as a better option than say, Milsap, Chuck Hayes, Landry. Although I recognize he does clearly trump them in terms of offensive production.

Well the 1st time, he was traded for Kevin Garnett. Then he was in Minnesota, and everyone gets traded from Minnesota. I am not sure if there are other concerns with him. But I have never heard Al Jefferson was a bad guy or a problem child. So I would take the risk.

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Well the 1st time, he was traded for Kevin Garnett. Then he was in Minnesota, and everyone gets traded from Minnesota. I am not sure if there are other concerns with him. But I have never heard Al Jefferson was a bad guy or a problem child. So I would take the risk.

Well, if we opt for him and it doesn't require dumping a current core player, I won't complain.

Really?
06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Isn't nene in the process of resigning...

I think we have to bring back Foster... Thinking most PF/C FA's worth investing with will stay with their current teams.

Reginald
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
That would be sweet! I'd like to see a decent Center added. Foster will prolly only play 50 games. Maybe Kwame Brown off FA.

I'd like to see Rick Jackson get a shot from the undrafted pool. Kid did everything he was asked to do as both a player and a student-athlete: led the Big East in rebounds, blocked shots and field goal percentage, and stayed in school for all four years. He's going to be playing with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Bryan8831
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
What about getting Reggie Evans? Dirty work type of player who has a reasonable contract and could be had for D.Jones or B. Rush. That allows Tyler to go to the bench well Evans plays 25 minutes a night and Grabs 8-10 Boards a game.

Tom White
06-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Well, Boston traded him to obtain KG. Then Minnie traded him because..........Well, it is Minnesota and Kahn, so....

wseward
06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Shannon Brown is probably not going to exercise his Player Option for next year.... I wouldn't mind having a guard rotation of

DC/Brown

w/

Lance/Hill off the bench

Really?
06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
What about trying to bring in Joel Prezbilla and Kenyon Martin... I think that would be a very nice group for us to have.

Hibbert/Prezbilla
Martin/Hansbrough
Granger/Posey
George/Lance
Hill/Collison

I think this line up would have potential...

Sorry put this in the wrong thread... but I like this team scenario

CooperManning
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Shannon Brown is probably not going to exercise his Player Option for next year.... I wouldn't mind having a guard rotation of

DC/Brown

w/

Lance/Hill off the bench

I'd rather start the guy in your avatar.

Gamble1
06-24-2011, 12:07 PM
The Rockets now have Scola, Patterson, Hill and Morris at PF. Surely
one ot two of those guys are available (presumably not Scola).

Interest ?
Marcus Morris will play sf for them so its not a big deal IMo.

I agree with most on Milsap being a good option but its all in what it cost to get him and if I had to guess its going to be alot unless they like Rush a lot which I doubt.

All I would offer is a future first, Rush. If Lance was offered that would be fine with me but you know Bird isn't going to do that.

I wouldn't mind Landry if the price is right and I still think David West is still an option although he hasn't opted out yet and there are injury concerns.

wseward
06-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I'd rather start the guy in your avatar.

I would too, but do you think he can start at the 2?

Haywoode Workman
06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Man does anybody else think that if we just somehow added Tyson Chandler to the current roster, the Pacers would be contenders? Or is that too much of that "savior mentality"?

CableKC
06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Jazz, Wolves, Cavs, Bobcats, Suns are heavy on PF/C and all 4 could use an SG.

Possible trade D. Jones or B. Rush + future draft pick(s) & maybe Posey for salary fill if needed.
That's the question...I'm trying to scour the rosters now to see which Team needs a 7th to 8th rotational Wing Man that can hit the 3pt shot and provide solid perimeter defense that can also part with a Big Man.

Haywoode Workman
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Danny Granger can still play like an All-Star, Paul and Roy WILL improve, greatly. DC and George is a very solid PG rotation. Tyler is definitely a capable power forward. All that plus the presence of Chandler would be amazing to me, I don't know about you guys.

Trophy
06-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I would too, but do you think he can start at the 2?

He did during the playoffs and did a good job of it.

I'd say he's pretty interchangeable between the 2 and 3.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Man does anybody else think that if we just somehow added Tyson Chandler to the current roster, the Pacers would be contenders? Or is that too much of that "savior mentality"?

No way Cuban lets him go. They probably dont make it out of the 2nd round without Chandler. Way to important to that team to let him walk. Cuban will do what he has to in order to keep him.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
1. Re-sign Foster to 1 year deal
2. Attempt to re-sign McBob to a cap friendly contract
3. Try to find a Long Athletic PF who can protect the rim and will not cost a fortune. This will mean a player with limited offensive game in order to be in-expensive.
4. Give out 1 year deals to fill out roster
5. Go get Eric Gordon (RFA) next summer!

Gordon with Hill, and a Defensive PF would put this team in serious contention in 2 years!!!!

judicata
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
We need to spend the scratch to upgrade one of the starting positions to All-Star level. Landry, Millsap, Patterson, etc. are all guys that are fairly marginal upgrades. I would prefer to spend real money, and get a real 4 that can protect the paint.

Really?
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Not sure.. I was wondering about that myself... so we basically would have 2 centers on the court at the same time, and would play Roy in more of a PF position on offense and Chandler as a 4 on defense?

I don't think Chandler will be coming off the bench where ever he goes... one thing also that people have talked about is him having injury issues... that would really suck..

Dr. Hibbert
06-24-2011, 01:55 PM

The key to the Pacers becoming contenders isn't who they add, it's who they develop...particularly Roy. Will adding good players help? Definitely. Obviously the Pacers are better off next year with Eric Gordon than without him. But the biggest thing that could happen for the Pacers to become legitimate contenders would be Roy Hibbert becoming the center we all think he can be.

LA_Confidential
06-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Im all on the Al Jefferson bandwagon. Put him next to Roy and we have the best 4/5 tandem in the East bar none.
Offer capspace and picks and hopefully Utah bites.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Im all on the Al Jefferson bandwagon. Put him next to Roy and we have the best 4/5 tandem in the East bar none.

Then say goodbye to Eric Gordon! Cant afford him and Al. I like Al but not as much as Gordon.

wseward
He did during the playoffs and did a good job of it.

I'd say he's pretty interchangeable between the 2 and 3.

Ya he stepped up big at the 2 spot, but I would like for him to develop more offensively before I give him the starting nod.

He had Korver on him during some stretches during that series and struggled to get points.

pwee31
That's the question...I'm trying to scour the rosters now to see which Team needs a 7th to 8th rotational Wing Man that can hit the 3pt shot and provide solid perimeter defense that can also part with a Big Man.

That or the CBA requires a team to need cap space, where we can swoop in.

LA_Confidential
06-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Then say goodbye to Eric Gordon! Cant afford him and Al. I like Al but not as much as Gordon.
Gordon isnt a guarantee. We will still have capspace and if he is that much of a possibility we can get rid of Danny's contract. Gordon is a good player but he does not trump a proven low post presence.

ECKrueger
06-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I will take Foster and Landry I think. Add in another minimum salary PF/C and we're good enough.

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Gordon isnt a guarantee. We will still have capspace and if he is that much of a possibility we can get rid of Danny's contract. Gordon is a good player but he does not trump a proven low post presence.

I dont think there is anyone in world who would take Fat Al Jefferson over Eric Gordon. Especially when Fat Albert will cost much more money.

Downtown Bang!
06-24-2011, 03:41 PM

I'd view it more like the slowest, softest and least defensive minded 4/5 tandem in the east.

Good move if your long term plan is to beat up on poor teams during the regular season and then exit in the first round of the playoffs every year.

That front court would be the antithesis of the phrase "built for the playoffs".

PacersHomer
06-24-2011, 04:03 PM
No to Al. Pacers need a defensive-minded PF. I really really want Nene. He would fit every need the Pacers have at PF. A dream scenario would be to sign him and trade Rush and Posey for a young wing.

Pacer Fan
06-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Pacers have to get a PF and a Center in FA. Even if Pacers don't keep them cause something else comes along down the road. Pacers need FA's for future trades.

Undrafted FA's Greg Smith PF Fresno St. The guy is hungry, gotta give him a chance.

I didn't include PO,QO,RFA

UFA PF

***Carl Landry is my FA pick for PF. Not much to say except he gives great effort and I'm sure he will continue to play hard.

Kris Humphries for 7 years he done next to nothing. In his free agent year he is a 10/10 guy. He's on a very bad team and somebody had to get numbers. I don't trust him. I'd have to pass.

Reggie Evens, Age 31 hasn't been healthy the last 2 years. He played 30 games this past year playing out of his mind, having career highs in OR & DR, 11.5 RPG. He has no offense at all. Looking at his career, I think he is a high risk option, unless he is signed on a dirt dirt cheap contract. I'd have to pass.

UFA Center

***Samual Dalembert is my FA pick for Centers. He is a solid player. The guy don't miss games, unheard of in the NBA by most accounts. He would be perfect to split time with Roy at about 20 MPG playing in his thirty's. 4 yrs. 24 million.

Tyson Chandler will prolly resign with the Mavs. I can't see Mark not getting this done.

Young
06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't think the Pacers need to spend much money this summer.

We have to remember that (assuming they are all going to be kept) Darren, George Hill, Paul, Tyler, and Roy will be getting extensions within the next year or so. You have to plan in advance for that. In fact I believe this is one of the reasons the Spurs traded George Hill, he is due for an extension within the coming year.

If I am Bird I would go after a young PF. There are several that should be available.

Ed Davis - This guy would be the PERFECT big man to play with Roy and Tyler. The Raptors did draft Jonas V and have Bargnani. The Raptors might not even want to trade him but I think he can be had but it would probably require the Pacers more than they want to give. Still I want to bring his name up because I think he would be the perfect big man to add.

JJ Hickson - Rumor is he is available. He has been discused on here before. Has hi flaws but he is a low risk. They also have Anderson Varejao who might not be available but would be ideal big to play with Roy/Tyler.

Kevin Seraphin - The Wizards have other young big men ahead of him. He might not be available but if he is I think he would be worth taking a look at. He is unproven though.

Jason Thompson - I am not for sure about his defense but I think he has the skills, work ethic, and athletic ability to be good. I think that getting out of Sacramento and getting a fresh start would be good for him. That team has been a mess.

None of these young guys are franchise changing guys but I think they could be another piece to the puzzle...just like George Hill. I'd rather see the Pacers save their money this summer.

Really?
06-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Why not just bring in Kenyon, a good 4 that plays hard, some injury history but he shouldn't be too expensive. His game goes well with Hibbert I think...and he is temporary, no need to offer a super long contract, especially with such a strong PF class that should come out next year...

Taterhead
06-24-2011, 08:27 PM

There would have to be a trade to get him here. The Clippers would sign and trade him to us, probably for Granger. And that's a long shot at best. It's all about what EJ wants.

pwee31
06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I think the Pacers hope David West still opts out, if so they'll try to get him at a reasonable deal without having to trade any pieces.

I think they'll look at trade opportunities, with the Jazz, Rockets, Josh Smith of Hawks, Randolph or Beasley from the Wolves, and perhaps even Boozer.

If the Pacers can't make a deal through trade, they'll likely just try to improve the roster and sign Carl Landry, or Glen Davis

Pacersalltheway10
06-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Its going to take cap space to get Al Jefferson or Millsap, and Danny Granger to get Favors.

Hicks
06-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Henry Abbott made an interesting point on Bill Simmon's podcast today: Teams like us, teams under the cap, may be in a sweet position if there's an amnesty because odds are at least a couple of pretty good players would get cut in that scenario, and we'd be there ready and waiting to sign them up. Just something to think about.

And it can work either way for us: If there is NOT an amnesty, then teams might want to trade a good player for peanuts to save money, in which case we STILL benefit.

We could make a very nice move once the new CBA comes along.

Wage
06-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Pacers need a defensive-minded PF. I really really want Nene.

These two sentences do not make sense together.

wintermute
06-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Not a very sexy move perhaps but I'd like to suggest Ersan Ilyasova. He's reportedly on the block because of the Bucks' logjam at his position. He's something of a stretch 4 on offense but is tough defensively and is a good rebounder. I've always been impressed by him and I think he'd make a good backup PF.

The Bucks will take Rush for him, I think. They badly need a shooter. Contracts are similar.

Pacer!
06-25-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm a relatively new Pacers fan, so I'm not up with all the Gordon rumours/hype... I get he is a hometown kid, but is it really all that likely the Clipps would let him go? I mean he is a bigger prospect to LA than PG is to us at this stage, plus he is much further along in his development; and I can only imagine how hard the Pacers would fight to keep a fruitful PG... is this purely speculation? I just can't see it occuring.

wintermute
06-25-2011, 03:57 AM
I'm a relatively new Pacers fan, so I'm not up with all the Gordon rumours/hype... I get he is a hometown kid, but is it really all that likely the Clipps would let him go? I mean he is a bigger prospect to LA than PG is to us at this stage, plus he is much further along in his development; and I can only imagine how hard the Pacers would fight to keep a fruitful PG... is this purely speculation? I just can't see it occuring.

It's mostly just wishful thinking, but you wouldn't know it from the number of threads/posts made about Gordon on this board.

Dr. Hibbert
06-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Sign Eric Gordon.

...oh wait, you meant THIS summer ;)

Gordon will be a Pacer a year from now, provided there's an NBA at that time. I would put everything I own on that.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd like to see Rick Jackson get a shot from the undrafted pool. Kid did everything he was asked to do as both a player and a student-athlete: led the Big East in rebounds, blocked shots and field goal percentage, and stayed in school for all four years. He's going to be playing with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I hate to say this, but when has the Pacers in recent memory gotten an undrafted FA or a NBADL player. Some teams have a knack for finding a gem, and the Pacers aren't one of them. The Pacers are just plain slow to re-act. Funny part is the Pacers have a need and these type players would be more interested in talking to them than a team like the Jazz who are loaded with Bigs. As the ole story goes "the early Bird, pun intended, gets the worm."

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 06:12 PM

DC/Brown

w/

Lance/Hill off the bench

I understand your thinking, plus he has championship experience, but the Pacers have more guards now than a correctional facility.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
No way Cuban lets him go. They probably dont make it out of the 2nd round without Chandler. Way to important to that team to let him walk. Cuban will do what he has to in order to keep him.

WE definately can agree on this!

DrFife
06-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Gordon will be a Pacer a year from now, provided there's an NBA at that time. I would put everything I own on that.

I'll take your big-screen TV, if you've got one.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Pacer Fan;1258000]

***Samual Dalembert is my FA pick for Centers. He is a solid player. The guy don't miss games, unheard of in the NBA by most accounts. He would be perfect to split time with Roy at about 20 MPG playing in his thirty's. 4 yrs. 24 million. /QUOTE]

That's a little rich for me, but Bird gave an injury prone Foster 12 mil for 2 years. I'd have to feel Sam can find a starting job with a better team than the Pacers.

For a b/u that will reb and play "D", I'm more inclined to give Kwame Brown 2-3 mil to be the b/u Center.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Not a very sexy move perhaps but I'd like to suggest Ersan Ilyasova. He's reportedly on the block because of the Bucks' logjam at his position. He's something of a stretch 4 on offense but is tough defensively and is a good rebounder. I've always been impressed by him and I think he'd make a good backup PF.

The Bucks will take Rush for him, I think. They badly need a shooter. Contracts are similar.

I really like Ilyasova. I mentioned him last week. He'd work well in Vogel's smashmouth BB. IIRC, he can play SF too.

HC
06-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I am all for getting Kevin Love. Even if it takes a package including Danny Granger we need to do it.

trailrunner
06-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I would have to go with Al Jefferson. We need a post scorer and he is about as good on the block as there is. He is also only 26 years old. If you could get him to slim down a little, you could have an all star. Adding Jefferson and Hill to the group we had towards the end of the year last year would make us a very dangerous team right away.

Offer the Jazz to absorb his salary in exchange for picks.

I believe Jefferson is due 13 million for 2 more years. That is not where I would use our cap space. Milsap is 7.6 million for 2. More cost effective with similar stats. However Milsap is only 6'8" and averages 17 and 7.5 per game.

trailrunner
06-26-2011, 09:54 PM
There would have to be a trade to get him here. The Clippers would sign and trade him to us, probably for Granger. And that's a long shot at best. It's all about what EJ wants.

If Gordon tells them he will not resign and plans on being unrestricted in 2013 they will deal.

troyc11a
06-26-2011, 10:08 PM

Yea, I am not saying we can get him. I am suggesting that the Pacers will do everything in their power to get it done. They will not be out spent for him. No deals. They will go after him in FA unless a cheap sign and trade occurs.

jeffg-body
06-26-2011, 11:44 PM
If Josh Smith is too expensive trade wise I'd like to see us go for Thompson or Davis.

pizza guy
06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
This summer will be an all or nothing summer, I think. If someone gets cut due to an amnesty situation, we'll go big because we have the cash. Or, we make a trade for a Josh Smith kind of guy who will come in and immediately push this team up a level.

Or, we do virtually nothing but re-sign Foster and the trade for Hill and let this team develop and throw everything at next summer's FA class which is much better.

I know that I will be more frustrated by a mid-level move that PS&E tries to sell to us as a big move than just sticking with our guys and letting them grow. If we're going to do something, I want it to be big.

Guys like Scola, Landry, or Millsap are good players, but they aren't going to turn us into a 55-win team, or a top 4 seed. They may help, they may be better than McRoberts and Solomon Jones, but they aren't KG, Gasol, or Bosh.

Jason Richardson is a guy I'd actually really like to add the more I think about it. And, I know that no one else here wants him, but I'd be excited to see what JR Smith could bring. I'm hoping that Hill can bring a new dimension to the guard rotation, but I still feel like the place we need a real star is at shooting guard, not power forward (partly because I really like Hansbrough, and partly because I believe the secret to success in the NBA is a dynamic 2).

Speed
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
After looking at all the names bandied about on this thread, I'm not sure I want any of them, unless its on the cheap via salary dump.

The big name guys are paid more than they are worth and/or would take too much to acquire (not willing to give up the core group to rearrage a weakness). The role player types aren't any better than what they had last year, imo.

Speed
06-27-2011, 09:48 AM
With that said the assets you could be willing to look at by next trade deadline besides BRush/D Jones/Posey are the back court now. If Lance has truely matured, with the addition of George Hill you could look to move DC as part of a deal without rearranged a weak spot. Thats alot of ifs though.

Speed
06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll triple post, but I want Taj Gibson. I think BRush is exactly a fit for Chicago, throw in D Jones too. Both could solidfy their bench big time. Gibson would be hard for them to part with, but they have money tied in Boozer, Noah, and they like Amir...whats his name. Gibson is a nice fit for Roy and the right age for this group. Chicago likely wouldn't do it, but I think it helps both teams.

Taterhead
06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
I believe Jefferson is due 13 million for 2 more years. That is not where I would use our cap space. Milsap is 7.6 million for 2. More cost effective with similar stats. However Milsap is only 6'8" and averages 17 and 7.5 per game.

Jefferson can play 2 positions, PF and C, Millsap can only play PF. That is why he is more valuable.

But here's what I really don't understand...... Why is paying money to a player who doesn't fill a need cost effective? It seems like more of a waste of money to me. Millsap and Hansbrough have similar strengths and flaws. Having both of them on the roster together doesn't make any sense. We need players that complement each other and strengthen each others weaknesses.

We need post scoring, rebounding and shot blocking from the PF position. We only have 1 paint presence on the roster, both offensively and defensively, Roy Hibbert. And Jefferson is way better in all those areas than Millsap. Plus he's young and paid relative to his ability, considering he's an annual 20-10 player.

If you think we are going to do better in free agency than Al Jefferson, you must expect us to get Dwight Howard next year. Because there aren't going to be many bigs come up in free agency who are as good as Al. And it's definitely not likely we actually get to sign one.

Speed
06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Milsap costs almost half as much as Al Jefferson. That may mean you could get Jefferson for less in return if they consider his number cost prohibitive.