PDA

View Full Version : So what now?

Really?
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
So now that we have so much depth at the 1 & 2 who will we trade and will it happen to night.

will567
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Nothing! Unless we can our hands on another backup player we can trade for a real asset! Larry said we are building a bench and I guess he ment it.

jeffg-body
06-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Hopefully we can move one or more of our wings for some frontcourt depth.

joeco
06-23-2011, 10:35 PM
front court depth. rebounding/shot blocking must be next to focus on

BringJackBack
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Trade Brandon Rush and AJ Price.

PacersForever
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Josh Selby still not picked ??? wow

SMosley21
06-23-2011, 10:46 PM
I think Bird is working on another trade. The Pacers announced he was going to have a live press conference at the end of the 1st round, then later changed it to the end of the draft. He probably doesn't want to have a presser until everything that he has planned has either happened of failed to happen.

Really?
06-23-2011, 10:48 PM
We need to trade one of our PG's and try to get Jeremy Tyler tonight.... even Josh Selby... if we trade a pg, he will offer something different than AJ ...

I also think Davis Bertans will be a steal for whoever drafts him, kids only 18

Really?
06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
We need to trade one of our PG's and try to get Jeremy Tyler tonight.... even Josh Selby... if we trade a pg, he will offer something different than AJ ...

I also think Davis Bertans will be a steal for whoever drafts him, kids only 18

Nvm... too late....

Really?
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Wonder if we are targeting Giorgi Shermadini....

BoomBaby31
06-23-2011, 11:31 PM
We are making a very good team. We need to go after a very good PF. Do what ever it takes to get a Beasley or some other good PF, then we are a VERY GOOD team with tremendous depth. George Hill/dc and Hansborough coming off the bench. We are a force.

PR07
06-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I imagine Rush will get moved at some point this summer. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

pwee31
06-23-2011, 11:41 PM
We can try and trade to a team looking for cap space depending on the CBA. Still free agency.

Lots of things can happen, just need there to be a season

troyc11a
06-24-2011, 12:05 AM
We are making a very good team. We need to go after a very good PF. Do what ever it takes to get a Beasley or some other good PF, then we are a VERY GOOD team with tremendous depth. George Hill/dc and Hansborough coming off the bench. We are a force.

If you think about it, we may not even need to get a "very good" PF. We might just be a defensive PF away. Get a guy like a Taj Gibson who plays "D" and rebounds, he and Tyler could alternate. Not sure we need an offensive pf. But it would be nice!

pizza guy
06-24-2011, 01:19 AM
I really do expect Bird to be aggressive in making deals. If Josh Smith is available, my money is on Bird to pursue that pretty hard. Al Jefferson would be another guy I could definitely see as a possibility.

In free agency, I doubt we have a chance at getting him, but I could see Bird calling Tyson Chandler. I wouldn't put it past him to contact JR Smith, though I think the attitude/chemistry issues might scare him off too much. Chuck Hayes could be on the radar as a low-key pickup. I'd LOVE it if Bird threw everything at a guy like Marc Gasol, but it won't happen. OJ Mayo is probably still a possibility through trade though.

There's probably a few others, but what I'd like to see the most is using some of this depth we have at guard/wing positions and trading for a big. That's easier said than done, but I've been surprised before.

D-BONE
06-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I also think Hayes could be a good addition if the price is not exorbitant. In the absence of picking up a legit, starting 4, he would help out, despite not being the ideal candidate. Although lacking traditional height, he's a good defender, passer, and he's physically tough. He routinely plays C, so he could technically meet the 4/5 criteria. Kind of a poor man's Milsap in terms of offensive repertoire.

Taterhead
06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I think we need an upgrade at PF. Hansbrough moving to the bench gives you a big boost to the 2nd unit. We've got to get a PF that can score in the post. The Pacers only have 1 post scorer in Roy Hibbert. And when he isn't going the team struggles to generate offense. Another go to player in the post at PF would give the offense great flexibility to attack the post on either side of the floor at any time.

Ideal candidate would probably be Al Jefferson. With Kanter on board now, they might be open to just dealing Jefferson to shed his salary and pick up some picks.

yoadknux
06-24-2011, 09:15 AM
We should call Utah. Millsap/Jefferson should be available. We could offer DC+Rush or something like that and it will be pretty fair

Bryan8831
06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Reggie Evans Cheap FA who avg 11.5 rpg in just 26 minutes. Allows for Hibbert to weak side defend. While also giving your team extra possessions with offensive rebounds. That will make up for lack of scoring plus Tyler can score of the bench and bring just as much energy and he would come cheap until we found long term starter at 4

PacersHomer
06-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd love to get Nene or Tyson Chandler somehow.