PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Stephen Jackson to Bucks

notque
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
"The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to a three-team trade with the Sacramento Kings and the Charlotte Bobcats, multiple sources said Thursday.

The Bucks will get Sacramento's Beno Udrih, Charlotte's Stephen Jackson and Shaun Livingston and the 19th pick from the Bobcats in Thursday night's draft, while Charlotte obtains the No. 7 pick from Sacramento and forward Corey Maggette from Milwaukee.

The Kings will get guard John Salmons from Milwaukee and the 10th pick in the draft. Charlotte will keep the No. 9 pick."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6697545

How does this change who goes where? Charlotte now has the 7th and 9th pick. Who are they targeting?

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Adding link so this doesn't get locked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6697545

Also this was additionally added -

A source close to one of the teams told ESPN.com that other players might be added to the deal.

Trades made after 3 p.m. ET Thursday cannot be officially announced until the start of the NBA draft tonight (7:30, ESPN).

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:04 PM
So Charlotte has 7 and 9 now? I guess that ruins any hopes of Kemba Walker dropping to the Pacers, especially with them trading Stephen Jackson.

Kings at 10 probably doesn't change much.

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Hopefully this will be the first of many trades tonight. Sometimes a trade like this can make the dominoes fall.

I wonder how Salmons feels about returning to Sacramento. I can't imagine him being too excited to be Tyreke's backup and being relegated to the bench.

I hope the Pacers can somehow make some moves in this draft whether it be trading up or out of the draft.

Swish
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
As we reported earlier, Charlotte wanted to get into position to draft Tristan Thompson. 'Cats have clear shot to get him at No. 7 now.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/84002805857255424

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I also wonder what Brandon Jennings future might be with the Bucks, since they got Beno, either that or I wouldn't mind trying to get Beno from the Bucks if they don't really want him.

Would anyone be opposed to Jennings + 19 for Collison + 15 (plus maybe 42)

notque
06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
It's funny, the more I read about the draft and get into it, my total mood changes.

First it's,

this is a terrible draft, i hope we trade out of it.

Then as my draft knowledge grows and grows... and the draft gets closer and closer...

I hope we trade up and get more picks!

Swish
06-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Rival teams now expect the Kings to take Jimmer Fredette at No. 10.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick/status/84001591480426496

ECKrueger
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
It's funny, the more I read about the draft and get into it, my total mood changes.

First it's,

Then as my draft knowledge grows and grows... and the draft gets closer and closer...

Exactly. There are a lot of talented kids for the taking, you just gotta do your homework on them.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I guess I see it as:

Charlotte

7) Tristan Thompson
9) Kemba Walker

Sacramento

10) Jimmer Fredette

Justin Tyme
06-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I also wonder what Brandon Jennings future might be with the Bucks, since they got Beno, either that or I wouldn't mind trying to get Beno from the Bucks if they don't really want him.

Not interested in Jennings, BUT Beno Udrih is a PG I wouldn't mind having. He has 2 years at 7 mil a year. He's not as cheap as Sessions. He's more the pass 1st type PG than most.

pacer4ever
I guess I see it as:

Charlotte

7) Tristan Thompson
9) Burks or another wing

Sacramento

10) Jimmer Fredette

they need a wing badly DJ Augustine is a decent starter

PacersHomer
Strip club attendees in Milwaukee should now wear bullet proof vests and safely guard any handicapped friends because Stephen Jackson will be coming after them.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
they need a wing badly DJ Augustine is a decent starter

You'd know better than me, so it's most likely true, but I just see Kemba as a Jordan type of pick.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 05:23 PM
You'd know better than me, so it's most likely true, but I just see Kemba as a Jordan type of pick.

Kemba might be the smart pick and best pick. But their wings are terrible now that they traded Jax.

Trophy
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
DJ Augustin is a pretty decent PG and that position shouldn't be on the top of their list to fix first.

They need big men more than anything.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Beno is more of an "emergency Starting PG" that is better suited to be a "solid backup PG"....I doubt that they would want to give up on Jennings.

If anything.....Beno is a much more stable PG presense that Skiles would probably prefer to have in the backup spot.

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM

I would be very opposed to that trade.

notque
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Draft Express says "Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he's there."

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah I guess Jennins really did deteriorate in year 2, year 1 he was pretty good, it would be a crapshoot type of deal and most likely not rolling good.

Dr. Awesome
Great trade for the Bobcats.

Looks like Fredette to the Kings? Walker might drop now...which I don't want as I'm not big on him either.

naptownmenace
Kemba might be the smart pick and best pick. But their wings are terrible now that they traded Jax.

They got Maggette who is an above average swingman. Maggette works with Jordan's old personal trainer Tim Grover so I can see him getting plenty of playing time with the Bobcats next season.

Still you do have a valid point. They need another SG or SF.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Draft Express says "Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he's there."

If this is true, somewhere Kstat is venting rage.

Dr. Awesome
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Also, this trade greatly effects the chances of the Pacers in the playoffs next year as the Bucks just got a lot better. Like him or not Jackson will be a great fit for the Bucks.

flox
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM

First it's,

buy low, sell high. right now its really low. some of these players are now undervalued- you can probably dump them later to contendors for picks.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Here's a reason why he maybe dropping:

@SpearsNBAYahooMarc J. Spears

UConn guard Kemba Walker has a minor knee issue that is causing concern with draft approaching, sources say.

59 minutes agovia web

Banta
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Maybe I'm crazy (OK, I'm krayzee) but Kemba reminds me a lot of Mateen Cleaves and, for some reason, I see him ending up with a similar career.

Phildog
06-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Pick him. Danny had similar issues. Kemba is a lock for talent, would be great to have him.

Justin Tyme
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
They need another SG or SF.

Boy does Bird have a deal for them!!!!! That is if Jordan doesn't pull out of the deal again at the last minute.

RUSH!

Pacergeek
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Also, this trade greatly effects the chances of the Pacers in the playoffs next year as the Bucks just got a lot better. Like him or not Jackson will be a great fit for the Bucks.

great job by the Buks getting rid of two of their three bad singings last off-season. Jackson > Salmons and Maggette.

Pacer Fan
06-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Bobcats
#7 Kawhi Leonard #9 Klay Thompson

Kings
#10 Kemba Walker

NBATV Stats: Salmons and #10 may go to Spurs for Parker! It is in the works...Just sayed that Parker isn't happening but feel Salmons will possibly be rerouted tonight.

Unclebuck
06-23-2011, 06:33 PM

First it's,

That IMO happens every year as we get closer and closer to the draft, the media coverage always makes it seem as though the draft is better than it is

grace
06-23-2011, 11:36 PM
I was driving home from work and called Kegboy to find out what was going on with the draft. I thought my phone went dead but what really happened was he hung up on me so he wouldn't have to tell me the Bucks traded John Salmons for Stephen Jackson. I think he was worried I'd pull a Tim since I was so close to Burlington Coat Factory when I called him.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 11:39 PM
I was driving home from work and called Kegboy to find out what was going on with the draft. I thought my phone went dead but what really happened was he hung up on me so he wouldn't have to tell me the Bucks traded John Salmons for Stephen Jackson. I think he was worried I'd pull a Tim since I was so close to Burlington Coat Factory when I called him.
He was probably concerned that you'd run your car off the road with the sheer shock of finding out that the Bucks now have to worry about SJax leading the Team with Technical fouls.

grace
06-23-2011, 11:44 PM
He was probably concerned that you'd run your car off the road with the sheer shock of finding out that the Bucks now have to worry about SJax leading the Team with Technical fouls.

I think I took it pretty well when he did tell me. I think because he made it sound like a catastrophe I didn't totally lose my mind. I'm more worried about Jackson and Skiles killing each other than I am about technical fouls.

Shabazz
06-24-2011, 03:00 AM

Charlotte is going to tank the upcoming season. I think they are waiting until the top of 2012 draft to address their wing issues. I have an idea who they have their eye on... though any number of players at the top of the 2012 draft would be nice additions.

The new Charlotte GM is using the old acquire draft picks and build through the draft technique he was part of for Oklahoma City.

CableKC
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
I think I took it pretty well when he did tell me. I think because he made it sound like a catastrophe I didn't totally lose my mind. I'm more worried about Jackson and Skiles killing each other than I am about technical fouls.
That's why Jordan agreed to send a 3 year supply of Tylonol to Skiles as part of that trade. Skiles is going to need it for all the headaches that he will get over the next couple of seasons.

CableKC
06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Wow.....SJax hasn't even put on a Bucks uniform and he's already asking for a Contract extension ( again ).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214479/Stephen_Jackson_Lobbies_For_Extension_With_Bucks

Stephen Jackson, the veteran swingman whom the Bucks acquired from Charlotte in a three-team transaction last Thursday, said he wants to play four more seasons, meaning he's seeking a two-year extension from the Bucks that would expire when he is 37 years old.

Is Bucks general manager John Hammond, who has constantly preached about getting the Bucks' financial house in order, be willing to grant a player on the downside of his career an extension?

That remains to be seen. What we won't need to wait on is whether Jackson will remain a happy camper if his contract isn't extended.

When I asked how important an extension was to him, Jackson responded quickly and emphatically, saying, "It's mandatory.''
Every other year and/or Team that he's traded to, he asks for an extension....even before proving ANYTHING to the Owners to show that he's worth it.

Young
06-30-2011, 06:26 PM
I love how he say "it's mandatory".

I hope they tell him to shut his trap and play.

Larry Staverman
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
After he got the last extension from Golden State he started whining about wanting a trade once he had his salary guaranteed.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why the owners don't want guaranteed contracts.

El Pacero
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Area 55 just got at least 10 new great chants when we face the Bucks and Squad Six.