PDA

View Full Version : Donatas Motiejunas

The Future
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/donatas-motiejunas

NBA Comparison: Andreis Bargnani/Dirk Nowitzki

Strengths: Legit seven footer … Lefty with excellent offensive potential ... Loves to face the basket from the perimeter. Can score from inside and outside … Has added weight to his frame in the past year, making him more effective in the low post … Good ball handling ability for a big man … Quick first step allows him to get by opponents ... Very confident player … Good at timing his jumps to contest shots … Runs the floor well, especially for a seven-footer … Can be a mismatch nightmare for opposing teams … One of the most skilled players in the draft … Very solid athletically … Can shoot the three … Capable of creating his own offense … Polished footwork … Skilled at passing out of the post … Can eat defenses up with the pick and roll/ pick and pop … Can use both hands well ...

One of the most skilled players in the draft.

Pacers should grab this guy ASAP if he's available....

Kstat
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
I've never heard of this guy before. Please, tell me more....

PR07
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
He also is a terrible rebounder, has a lack of motor, and questionable passion for the game.

The Future
06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tz7_uHdrJLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kstat, I dont really know too much, but I've heard his ceiling is one of the best in the draft. He needs to mature though, but he has all the tools to become a great player in the NBA.

His shooting is great for a 7 fter at the PF position. His shooting is similar to Troy Murphy, but he has a much better skill set with better passing and handling. He is still a work in progress but I believe he would fit in nicely here.

indyaway
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think he'll be around at 15. If he is, Pacer's would be crazy not to grab him.

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I really don't know anything about him but I've heard he is liked Andreis Bargnani but not as skilled. If that's true, I don't like him. At least Dirk could rebound.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
ok, now I feel bad. Analysis.

You left out that he's the worst rebounding big man in all of europe, though. That's a moderately-sized fuchsia-colored flag.

ensergio
06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
He also is a terrible rebounder, has a lack of motor, and questionable passion for the game.

Read his quote in this analysis: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6685883/the-nba-draft-lottery-player-guide

I think he will surprise in a few years.

I would take him and run.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Read his quote in this analysis: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6685883/the-nba-draft-lottery-player-guide

I'm not such a bad rebounder. I have a flaming eagle tatoo! Guys with Eagle tatoos are not bad rebounders!

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Yet the Spurs are targeting him. Hes not going to be drafted top 15. How come we didnt get offered George Hill for the #15 if that is he case.

The Future
06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Man, I'm very excited to see who the Pacers draft.

Do we have a chance to buy a late first round pick or early 2nd round pick so we can grab Josh Selby too???

Although people have said this draft is weak, I'm still pumped!

Kstat
06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Yet the Spurs are targeting him.

THe Spurs employ Matt Bonner. Toughness hasn't on their wish list lately.

ensergio
06-23-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm not such a bad rebounder. I have a flaming eagle tatoo! Guys with Eagle tatoos are not bad rebounders!

I was talking about his lack of motor and desire. The kid has the tools to be a superstar, and i think at·15 he is a very good bet.

Could be a new Tskitishvili? yeah. Could be a Bargnani? Very factible. Could be a Nowitzki? I don't know, but I want to know it with him in my team.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
He's got the talent to be a superstar. There is zero excuse for his extremely poor rebounding to this point, though.

Trophy
06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I really like his game. It's the ideal European big man way of playing like Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Luis Scola.

I'd be very happy to take him at 15 believing he's still there.

He has what it takes to be a pure starting PF, but it'll take a little while before he reaches his potential and he has a lot of adjusting to do.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Dirk, Pau and Scola were able to hold their own on the glass.

Trophy
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Dirk, Pau and Scola were able to hold their own on the glass.

Yeah that's one of the downsides about Motiejunas that I don't like.

We need a rebounding big man other than Roy.

Again, he'll have a lot of adjusting to do.

As far as those 3 players go, I brought them up for their offensive game specifically being similar to his.

kellogg
06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
If it's true the Spurs are targeting him, he might be worth consideration...they have a great track record on intl players.
Additionally, he was a projected top 10 last year (and still is lotto in some mocks this year). If you've seen any video of him, he has a really fantastic form/release on his shot.

Really?
06-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I've never heard of this guy before. Please, tell me more....

That is surprising, lol have you read all of the draft threads...?

Really?
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
There was a coach from oversees that was ranking players on NBAtv last night... He basically said about Dontas that he has wonderful offensive game, not strong enough down low. He said that it is worrisome when you have a young guy that doesn't seem as interested or motivated to play basketball. He doesn't really have much high praise for him.

He said that unless he goes to a team that will allow him to do his thing on offense and the rest bang on defense then it might not be as good for him.

I will add that he has very good vision and is a above average passer for his position.

He is the real definition of a boom or bust player... Potential is sky high, but he could be out of the league fairly soon...

Check out his video on youtube... Placed in on here a long time ago, not sure what thread it is though....

Mourning
06-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it's more likely the Spurs are targetting Jonas Valanciunas to be honest, but I could be wrong. Seems to me Donatas really, REALLY needs to develop his game at the defensive end rapidly and show some more poise on that end of the floor.

With #15 I could think of worse choices, but there's multiple players that I think could slide that I think we should take before resorting to Donatas.

McKeyFan
06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
We need a man on the glass. We've already got a finesse 7 footer.

Solomon Grundy
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
He intrigues me quite a bit. Especially considering he could be as good as Dirk, as average as Bargnani or as lousy as Tskitishvili...