PDA

View Full Version : Kemba Walker

IU_sears
06-22-2011, 11:49 PM
It happens every year... the top 5-7 pick who somehow tumbles the last few days leading up to the draft... he seems like the surefire pick for so long at the top of the draft board... but then suddenly tumbles...

Think Danny Granger, Jerryd Bayless, Robin Lopez, Paul Pierce....

I could go on and on. Why does this happen every year? There is a reason that teams drafting in the lottery stay the same every season... poor management. They get involved in the hype surrounding players like Biyombo, Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks and overlook the body of work of the players that were for so long thought to be top lottery picks... Larry Bird has feasted off of collegiate studs the last few years... Kemba Walker fits this mold and the way the mock drafts have been looking today, he is the annual free fall victim for seemingly no reason. He doesn't fit the needs of many of the teams past the Raptors and Kings, and suddenly it appears they have no interest in him... Bird might score once again... Don't be surprised when Bird pulls the trigger and nabs Kemba tomorrow out of nowhere. I am stoked by the possibility. Could he develop into our new iso closer we so desperately need to close out games????

I Love P
06-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Someone does fall every year. Not sure who it will be but if it will be Kemba, Burks or Klay Thompson. I'll be happy with a selection of any of them. I just don't want to take a Morris twin...if for some reason they do "fall." I swear I will leave the draft party and my ride and grab a cab back home. That's how much I hate them.

joew8302
06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Yes, someone always falls, but not to 15. I would be shocked to see us get Kemba.

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Someone does fall every year. Not sure who it will be but if it will be Kemba, Burks or Klay Thompson. I'll be happy with a selection of any of them. I just don't want to take a Morris twin...if for some reason they do "fall." I swear I will leave the draft party and my ride and grab a cab back home. That's how much I hate them.

What if they trade him right after you leave?

Ownagedood
06-23-2011, 12:24 AM
All i want for Christmas is Marshon Brooks! The resemblance of him and a young Kobe is crazy.. I hope we pick him when/if he's available.

Oh... I also would like there to be no missed time for NBA games when it comes to a lockout.. Ok? Thanks. :)

I Love P
06-23-2011, 12:39 AM
What if they trade him right after you leave?

Great question. Not sure though.

BornReady
06-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Great question. Not sure though.

lol then he'd be happy that they trade him but sad that he left the draft party early :D then that way it'll balance out and he'll feel neutral!

oz_pacer
06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
i really think bird wants kemba he loved ben gordon and kemba is a very similar player

PR07
06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
If we get Kemba, it'll take a while for me to warm up to him seeing as how he beat my Bulldogs.

Ownagedood
06-23-2011, 08:49 AM
NBADraft.net has Kemba falling to us, but personally, i really don't think 14 teams will let him slip away from them. That's too many teams to make a mistake like that. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft so it would take tons of luck for him to drop to us... Maybe if we had the 10 pick like last year...

Which brings up a thought... Should we trade up to say, 10, if he's available at that time? And would Bird do that? I wouldn't mind it personally, though i also wouldn't be ticked if we stayed at 15, unless Burks, Brooks and Walker were all gone.

Sookie
06-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Kemba's the perfect combination to drop.
He's short. He's a streaky (not so good) shooter. He's hasn't shown the ability to play point in a half court set, too well. He can be out of control.

Of course, all of those things were supposed to stop him from being a great college player, and yet he had the best season of any husky, ever.

So could I see him dropping. Yes. Definitely. All the way to 15? Um..no. I think Kemba is the reason why Larry has been trying to get about the 10th pick. Kemba, is simply, one of the best players in this draft. He's not going to drop that far..

I wonder if part of Larry's plan is to hopefully get Kemba, and use one of our points + Posey to get Mayo. (Most likely either DC or Kemba)

PR07
06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Which brings up a thought... Should we trade up to say, 10, if he's available at that time? And would Bird do that? I wouldn't mind it personally, though i also wouldn't be ticked if we stayed at 15, unless Burks, Brooks and Walker were all gone.

Bird's trying to trade up clearly for someone. I'd try to trade up just because I think one of Jimmer, Kemba, or Valanciunas will be there at say #10, and I think all 3 have a chance to be very good players.

graphic-er
06-23-2011, 09:03 AM
I hope Kemba is picked up before 15. I've said in a another thread that he was going to fall back in the lottery I just hope we dont' end up with him. We dont' need more small fry's on this team.

Ownagedood
06-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I hope Kemba is picked up before 15. I've said in a another thread that he was going to fall back in the lottery I just hope we dont' end up with him. We dont' need more small fry's on this team.
We could trade our other ones. :D

I would prefer Walker over our PGs, hes not really the type of PG i want, but hes got high potential to be a closer. I would perfer a really unselfish guy that can make great passes. Which actually would be Lance if he continues to mature. Lance and Walker would be a ridiculous mixture of Pgs.. Lance is a big, passer first pg and walker is a small scoring guard.

I think this is really just a pipe dream though if we don't trade up a couple slots.

15th parallel
06-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Kemba is pretty solid IMO. But we have a logjam at PG, but if they will trade at least one of them, then I go for Kemba if he's available. Right now with the a lot of potentially good wings on the middle part of 1st round, I see the Pacers drafting a wing player.

Pacergeek
06-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Kemba is pretty solid IMO. But we have a logjam at PG, but if they will trade at least one of them, then I go for Kemba if he's available. Right now with the a lot of potentially good wings on the middle part of 1st round, I see the Pacers drafting a wing player.

best player available is what Bird has done in the past. If Kemba is there at 15, then Kemba is the newest Pacer.

Gamble1
06-23-2011, 09:44 AM
If Kemba drops to 13 then I could see us trading up to get him but outside of that I don't see him a Pacer today.

glazedham42
06-23-2011, 10:06 AM
If we take Kemba then I don't see Larry's pet project of Lance having the fast track anymore. Either that or AJ Price is outta here. We don't need 4 point guards though, and really don't have enough PT for 3.

wintermute
06-23-2011, 10:16 AM
If Kemba Walker is somehow available to us, I would happily take him as our new starting PG. Collison either becomes the backup or gets traded.

Not going to happen though. This would be a Danny-like fall.

PR07
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Either way, I think between Collison and Kemba, there's a good chance that one of them becomes a starting caliber PG on a championship team. Not a bad problem to have at all having two pretty good PG's.

Chelsea01
06-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm new here to PD, so be easy on me, but....

If Walker falls to us at 15 I have a feeling that tony parker will be the pacers point guard next season...just kinda seems to make sense to me

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Kemba is a solid player has been a top-ranked recruit since his Senior year of HS. He's very similar to Ty Lawson who has turned out to be a pretty solid PG despite slipping in the draft in 2009.

Height is a little overrated with the PG position. I think it's more important that a PG be athletic, strong, and quick than it is for him to be tall and have length. See Chris Paul, Mike Conley Jr., Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton, Brandon Jennings, JJ Berea, and Darren Collison (all players 6'1" or shorter and starters) just to name a few.

bphil
06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I can't believe we're even talking about Walker dropping to 15. NBA GMs can't possibly be that dumb, can they? Aside from Khan I mean.

If Cleveland is smart, they'll take Williams at 1 and Walker at 4. I personally think those are the two best players (not projects) in this draft...