PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford chat at 1pm

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 11:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/39015/nba-insider-chad-ford

heres the link if anyone is interested.

The Sleeze
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
He had a good discussion about the lottery picks with Ryen Russillo on Inside the NBA Podcast.

It's kind of lengthy(38 min), but its a good listen:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=6672820&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

Says that Klay Thompson's stock has really risen and that Houston is trying everything to get out of the 14th spot, they have opened up their whole roster for trades.

PR07
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Time to barrage him with Pacers' questions! Pacers fan squad assemble!!!!

PacerGuy
06-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Says that Klay Thompson's stock has really risen and that Houston is trying everything to get out of the 14th spot, they have opened up their whole roster for trades.

If Singleton fell there (doubtful), I would have interst in tryng to get 14 w/o giving 15.

The Sleeze
06-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Pacerguy,

who would you take at 15 if you have both picks and you take Singleton at 14? I would probably take Brooks. Ford didn't mention Brooks name once when talking about who the lottery teams were taking.

Singleton, Brooks, and #42 would be nice.

ChristianDudley
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I tell you, the Rockets already have the deal in place with the Bucks to trade their 14th and 23rd picks for the 10th pick AS LONG AS the the players that both teams are wanting are still available when it is their time to pick. Same with us and the Knicks--we're in the same position as the Bucks basically.

PacerGuy
06-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Pacerguy,

who would you take at 15 if you have both picks and you take Singleton at 14? I would probably take Brooks. Ford didn't mention Brooks name once when talking about who the lottery teams were taking.

Singleton, Brooks, and #42 would be nice.

I still see Jimmer as a real possibility. If not, then yes, Brooks.

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 01:01 PM
if one of u guys is bballman3232 u put the questions in the wrong spot XD

thatch3232
06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
if one of u guys is bballman3232 u put the questions in the wrong spot XD

Gosh dangit lol, that was me. Ohh well.

ballism
06-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Interesting. So he thinks Bucks may swap no.10 with Pacers' 15.
I guess it would make sense if we really like the Jimmer.

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Interesting. So he thinks Bucks may swap no.10 with Pacers' 15.
I guess it would make sense if we really like the Jimmer.

If we have the 10th, surely there is someone better than the Jimmer at that point. T Thompson, Singleton, Biyombo...

ballism
06-22-2011, 01:48 PM
If we have the 10th, surely there is someone better than the Jimmer at that point. T Thompson, Singleton, Biyombo...

Well if we move up a couple spots, it probably means we are targeting someone.
I may be wrong, but I suspect Bird wouldn't make a move up unless he's targeting someone, and that guy seems to be rising in the draft. And I think he wouldn't target anyone he hasn't worked out or scouted a lot.
Right it seems like the Jimmer or Klay Thompson both would fit that description.

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Spencer (Indianapolis)

Would Marshon Brooks be a good fit for the Pacers at #15? What about Kenneth Faried?
Chad Ford (1:48 PM)

Brooks had a great workout there, but I think he's a long shot at 15. Always has been. Jimmer if he's there is the favorite. Tristan Thompson, Markieff Morris two other options at 15. Pacers would also like to move up a few spots.

thatch3232
06-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Yea, he just said we would like to move up. I really dont know who we would be targeting? Any ideas?

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Yea, he just said we would like to move up. I really dont know who we would be targeting? Any ideas?

jimmer or kemba imo

tfarks
06-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I think Bird is a bigger fan of Thompson than he is Morris and he wants to move up to pick the former instead of the latter. I agree that Jimmer and Klay are 2 other likely possibilities.

The Sleeze
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm starting to think it might be Klay. Ford said he could go as high as 6 now, and that he is on a lot of team's radars.

Of course you would almost have to wait until after the 9th pick to make sure he is still there.

CableKC
06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
My guess is that the reason why the Pacers want to move up a few spots is to try to grab Tristan ( if he's there ). In most mocks, I have seen.....he's off the board....whereas Jimmer has been all over the place ( as high as the Kings at 7 but as low as the Pacers at 15 ).

I do recall that although Tristan had refused to work out for the Pacers....this suggests that the Pacers FO did have interest in him in the first place...at least enough to extend an invitation to work out.

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
It would be pretty cool to get Tristan or Singleton and then make another trade to get Reggie Jackson. Defense would be vastly improved.

There is still a lot of value in the beginning part of round 2. Not much difference from about 20 - middle part of round 2. Nice role players/potential spot starters.

bunt
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the player Bird was referring to about a potential drop is not Valanciunas, but Kemba Walker. Walker all along has been pegged at 7 to the Kings, even some potential interest from the Raptors at 5. But now there's talk that these teams are zeroing in on other players, and even Walker's supposed safe teams (Pistons, Bobcats) may pass on him as well.

It's unlikely he makes it all the way to 15 (stranger things have happened) but he could make it to that 10 or 11 area.

And really Walker seems to be the type of player that Bird would covet - national champion, a leader, confident, player of the year caliber, experienced college player. Basically, a guard version of Hansbrough. I think Walker could be the target and the pick.

PR07
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
My guess is Jimmer or Kemba. Bird wants scoring and tends to value players who are proven college winners and have swagger. Both of those guys more than fit the bill.

thatch3232
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
My guess is Jimmer or Kemba. Bird wants scoring and tends to value players who are proven college winners and have swagger. Both of those guys more than fit the bill.

We already have a good young PG, idk why we would be trading up just to duplicate what we already have at PG

CableKC
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree about Jimmer......he has the college pedigree that I think that Bird LOVES to get his hands on.

CableKC
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I think that if Tristan or Singleton falls past 10...that Bird will move up...but if they don't...he'll wait it out to see if Jimmer falls to them at 15. If the Raptors at #5, Wizards at #6, Kings at #7 and the Pistons at #8 reach for a Player ( like Biyombo or Tristan ); then that would IMHO drop a top 10 Player out of the top 10 and Teams like the Jazz and Suns have a Player on the Board that they don't expect to be there.

If some Team reaches or some Player falls down the draft ladder...I think that Jimmer could fall right into Bird's lap.

owl
06-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I think Tristan Thompson makes a lot of sense.

Other possibilities are Jimmer,Klay, or Biyombo.

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 02:23 PM
We already have a good young PG, idk why we would be trading up just to duplicate what we already have at PG

Plus, Kemba can't shoot. That's really going to hurt him in the long run.

thatch3232
06-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Yea, and id be fine with Kemba if we didnt already have a young PG. But the only thing i could see us moving up for is Tristen Thompson, and i just dont know how much better he is than Markieff Morris?

90'sNBARocked
06-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I just pray that the Kings take Jimmer at 7, so its a non issue

dont want the pressure wither way

DGPR
06-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I really hope Jimmer isn't wearing a Pacers hat by the end of the night.

RLeWorm
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
please no more PGs! We already have DC and Lance. We need a big. Or better trade Danny for the #2 and draft D-will as our future 3

wseward
06-22-2011, 02:30 PM

Kemba CAN shoot... his shot is improving and in our offense he wont be asked to carry the load. Kemba has the ability to shoot off the dribble and off screens.

thatch3232
06-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Kemba CAN shoot... his shot is improving and in our offense he wont be asked to carry the load. Kemba has the ability to shoot off the dribble and off screens.

As what though, the backup PG? We need a big back-up PG that is "pass-first". Not a small (5'10) shoot first back-up

graphic-er
06-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes please no more small fry guards on the Pacers please.

wseward
06-22-2011, 02:52 PM
As what though, the backup PG? We need a big back-up PG that is "pass-first". Not a small (5'10) shoot first back-up

He had a shoot-first mentality in college. He obviously won't be asked to come in and carry the load like he has done in the past. He has something not many players in this draft have, a superior playmaking ability coupled with a huge heart. I think Kemba will do whatever it takes for his team to win. Also, what really goes unnoticed is his ability to pass in the lane. He can get into the lane with ease and find the open man, something our backup PG can't do.

If you go back and watch UCONN's season, it was the Kemba show for almost the whole season. Mid-February the team hit a huge slump because you can't just win off the back of one player. As teams began to focus there entire gameplan on Kemba he began to distribute and make plays for his teammates. Thus the reason why they made the run through the Big East and NCAA tourney.

Also Kemba isn't 5'10", w/o shoes 5'11 1/2" ... not sure what the number is with shoes. But, he is comparable in height to Felton, Iverson, CP3 and is bigger than Ty Lawson, Aaron Brooks, and Jameer.

As a backup PG I want someone who is going to come in and make plays while the starters are out. A player who can be mixed in with the starters and the bench at any given point in the game and not lose anything on O or D. As of right now I don't think AJ price is the answer, but I think Kemba could be.

90'sNBARocked
06-22-2011, 02:52 PM
MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

“@tribjazz: Jimmer Fredette said he's open to playing for all five teams he worked out for.” (indy likes him but not enuf to trade up 4 him)

halalejuia :)

TheDon
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

I'd feel a lot better if Mike said "not enough to draft him at any point in the draft."

graphic-er
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

Thats a Larry Bird smoke screen if i ever seen one!

You just watch come Friday at the post draft presser, if Larry Bird lands Jimmer, he is gonna be grinning ear to ear as he walks up to the table.
"We got a good player...."

CableKC
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Whoever the top 2 Players on his "list of 4" are....if either of them falls out of the top 10.....my guess is that Bird will try to trade up to get those 2 Players.

But I think that Bird is banking on Jimmer falling to the 15th spot...therefore won't trade up for him with Markieff being the last one on the "list of 4" that will probably be there at #15.

DGPR
06-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Larry put a huge smile on my face last year during the draft and I'm hoping this year he does the same. Not picking Jimmer would go a long way towards putting that smile on my face, I just don't have a good feeling about him at all.

Gamble1
06-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Whoever the top 2 Players on his "list of 4" are....if either of them falls out of the top 10.....my guess is that Bird will try to trade up to get those 2 Players.

But I think that Bird is banking on Jimmer falling to the 15th spot...therefore won't trade up for him with Markieff being the last one on the "list of 4" that will probably be there at #15.
See I think Bird is banking on Brooks and Markieff being there while hoping that Jimmer drops to the 15th pick.

CableKC
06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
See I think Bird is banking on Brooks and Markieff being there while hoping that Jimmer drops to the 15th pick.
Didn't you hear? Brooks was a "red herring"...much like "Communism is just a red herring". ;)

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Where's all the Jimmer hate coming from? We drafted a guy from Fresno State last year, so please don't tell me it's because he didn't put up his numbers against top competition.

Gamble1
06-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Where's all the Jimmer hate coming from? We drafted a guy from Fresno State last year, so please don't tell me it's because he didn't put up his numbers against top competition.
I guess people think that this pick means a lot more than it actually does.

D-BONE
06-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I think the player Bird was referring to about a potential drop is not Valanciunas, but Kemba Walker. Walker all along has been pegged at 7 to the Kings, even some potential interest from the Raptors at 5. But now there's talk that these teams are zeroing in on other players, and even Walker's supposed safe teams (Pistons, Bobcats) may pass on him as well.

It's unlikely he makes it all the way to 15 (stranger things have happened) but he could make it to that 10 or 11 area.

And really Walker seems to be the type of player that Bird would covet - national champion, a leader, confident, player of the year caliber, experienced college player. Basically, a guard version of Hansbrough. I think Walker could be the target and the pick.

If that were the case, I'd have no problem. Would like a little more size at PG, but he can certainly add some offensive punch as the back up. And, as you note, he's a proven winner.

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm truly fine with Jimmer. The main reason I don't want the Pacers to draft him is cause I'm hoping they'll still find a way to get Reggie Jackson.

I Love P
06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Not sure if any of you guys saw Jimmer play last year but the dude can staight light it up...from anywhere on the court. He might be a liability on defense (which he can improve on I'm sure) but you can't teach that stroke. You have to guard this guy literally at half court or he will pull. Not saying I'm praying for him to fall or for the Pacers to trade up but I definetly won't be upset if we take him. Now if we take Markieff Morris, that's another story...

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
on ESPN's DDL Tim Donahue said he thinks over 50/50 chance that the pacers trade their pick

CableKC
06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Cuz of his defense.....

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
on ESPN's DDL Tim Donahue said he thinks over 50/50 chance that the pacers trade their pick

I think there is a 55% chance the pick is traded, but I think there is a 98% chance that the Pacers at least make a trade of some kind.

D-BONE
06-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I think Tristan Thompson makes a lot of sense.

Other possibilities are Jimmer,Klay, or Biyombo.

Any of those guys are legit move up fors, well Jimmer not for me so much, but I suspect potentially for Bird. A lot will depend on how the draft unfolds as to whether a trade up actually can and will occur.

TT I'm kind of ambivalent on. He's got the size & athleticism to fit a traditional PF mold. His offensive game is purportedly non-existent, but he's young, and if he can parlay the physical part into D and rebounding, then I'd be content. T-Bird didn't seem to like him much IIRC. Are there attitude/work ethic red flags? Is it the no work out here?

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Any of those guys are legit move up fors, well Jimmer not for me so much, but I suspect potentially for Bird. A lot will depend on how the draft unfolds as to whether a trade up actually can and will occur.

TT I'm kind of ambivalent on. He's got the size & athleticism to fit a traditional PF mold. His offensive game is purportedly non-existent, but he's young, and if he can parlay the physical part into D and rebounding, then I'd be content. T-Bird didn't seem to like him much IIRC. Are there attitude/work ethic flags? Is it the no work out here?

If we move up, it better be for Biyombo. TT and Singleton excel at D and have very little offensive games. Might as well go with the guy that has the most upside defensively with Biyombo.

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
I do not think Bird will move up for Jimmer. If we move up we will be targeting someone we are hoping to drop.

Really?
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Anyone check out the Jimmer article by Chad Ford...?

When reading it I started to think about some of Jimmer's games that I had watched... I think he will succeed as a pg in this league.

What a threat, someone who has range from so far out, and if someone comes out there to get him he is quick enough to get past them and draw defenders when he gets in the lane. Like Ford said if he can get a floater he will be very good as a offensive weapon.

He also mentioned how Nash was primarily a scoring guard coming out of college and played off the ball coming into the league, and how he only averaged 5 ast his first 2 seasons and it took him 8 years to crack 8assist per game and he wasn't really much of a passer when he came into the league.

Not saying that Jimmer will turn into Nash but I think I actually see more potential in him than I had before.

Also something separate, I think that he is quick and crafty enough that if he does come of the bench and doesn't have to focus on shooting as much he will end up being a much better defender than what he is now... I bet he never really had to focus on it too much since his offensive game was so strong... his one big limiting aspect on d being his wing span.

I know our PG depth is thick but I don't think I would mind if we bring on Jimmer.... I doubt that will be the pick though...

I Love P
06-22-2011, 03:30 PM

I hate when people use "50/50." No kidding? There is a 50/50 shot that the Pacers will trade their pick? There is a 50/50 shot that I could die typing this right now, it's either going to happen or it's not. Say like 70/30 or something but 50/50? There is a 50% chance on anything and everything.

I Love P
06-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Why does everybody on this forum love Biyombo? Never seen this guy play, are you just hoping for another Ibaka?

Really?
06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Cuz of his defense.....

Question, do you think that within 3 years Jimmer could match Rose point for point? remember Jimmer shooting a decent amount of 3's Rose driving.

If Jimmer can score in the NBA like he did in college I am not sure I mind him taking as many shots as he did in college. Everyone is assuming that he won't be able to shoot as much in the NBA as he did in college... if a team is smart that will be the way that they use him.

I never understand teams that draft a player, take them away from their strengths and then call them a bust... I feel this happened to Beasley also.

graphic-er
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Pick Jimmer! Make him our Back up PG! Huge upgrade over AJ Price's terrible FG%. Price hit clutch shots but Jimmer will be even more clutch.

MyFavMartin
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I really hope Jimmer isn't wearing a Pacers hat by the end of the night.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmer is wearing a Pacer at when our pick is announced and then he ends up with an orange and blue hat.

MyFavMartin
06-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Guys that I could see trading up for: Kemba, Tristan

Guys that might unexpectedly slide and be available at 15: Burks

Guys I could see Larry liking at 15: Singleton, Brooks, Jimmer, Markieff, Hamilton

Guys I'd love to see available w/ our 2nd pick: Jordan Williams, Jujuan Johnson, Jimmy Butler

glazedham42
06-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I hate when people use "50/50." No kidding? There is a 50/50 shot that the Pacers will trade their pick? There is a 50/50 shot that I could die typing this right now, it's either going to happen or it's not. Say like 70/30 or something but 50/50? There is a 50% chance on anything and everything.

Not really. For example, when you buy a lottery ticket there are two options. You win, or you lose. But that DOES NOT make the odds of winning the lottery 50/50. Big difference. The number of potential outcomes is not the same as the odds of those outcomes actually occurring.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Not really. For example, when you buy a lottery ticket there are two options. You win, or you lose. But that DOES NOT make the odds of winning the lottery 50/50. Big difference. The number of potential outcomes is not the same as the odds of those outcomes actually occurring.

Thank you.

Really?
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Why does everybody on this forum love Biyombo? Never seen this guy play, are you just hoping for another Ibaka?

I don't think that everyone likes him actually... a lot of people are sKeptical about him, and others are die hard fans.

Rogco
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm not sure we're that interested in Markieff. We have enough problem players on the team, and I think Bird is also interested in building a team chemistry. Markieff does not fit that bill.

Psyren
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM

I agree.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say very few people on here have ever seen him play outside of a youtube clip (That's all I've ever seen).

Now maybe 99% of PD has seen Biyombo play, heck IDK. But I'm guessing very, very, very few have.

Frankly, I liked what I saw in the Youtube clips, but that doesn't make me want to draft him, yet alone trade up for him.

Rogco
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I should add that I know nothing about Markeiff and character issues, just rumor, so I could be off base!

JB24
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
It's Klay that they're attempting to move up for, if this is at all accurate (i'm not sure how reliable sports anchors are):

@ESPNCindyB
Cindy Brunson
@lar_E_k @DesMoinesWACoug Just found out, there is crazy interest in Klay by Knicks, Pacers, Suns & Warriors. Stay Tuned.

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Biyombo = Thabeet 2.0

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 04:06 PM
It's Klay that they're attempting to move up for, if this is at all accurate (i'm not sure how reliable sports anchors are):

i would be estatic if we got klay....

Gamble1
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I should add that I know nothing about Markeiff and character issues, just rumor, so I could be off base!
I checked a little and this is what I found out.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/aug/21/markieff_morris_attorney_enters_not_guilty_plea_ba/

As a freshman in 08 he shot a woman with a plastic bb gun from his dorm room. Alcohol could have been involved.

NOt good but not something I wouldn't draft a guy over.

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 04:13 PM

That's exactly what it is.

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM

Didn't Thompson get worked in his workout here by Brooks? If we move up it's because Jonas falls IMO.

tfarks
06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Klay would be an excellent pick. Of course being an off ball jumpshot guy mostly he's a little redundant with Granger. If you're not gonna bring in a guy that can get into the lane then you sure as hell better set up your offense to pass the ball and set a lot of screens.

Gamble1
06-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Didn't Thompson get worked in his workout here by Brooks? If we move up it's because Jonas falls IMO.
Yep and both did well against the other depending on which report you read.

tfarks
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Klay excels at being able to play 5 on 5 in a half court set. If he does well outside of that environment that's just extra chocolate on the cake.

Psyren
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Klay would be an excellent pick. Of course being an off ball jumpshot guy mostly he's a little redundant with Granger. If you're not gonna bring in a guy that can get into the lane then you sure as hell better set up your offense to pass the ball and set a lot of screens.

Agreed.

I like Klay a lot, but we need someone who can get into the lane and get his own shot.

ensergio
06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I want Montejiunas. I think the people is sleeping in his potential.

tfarks
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I want Montejiunas. I think the people is sleeping in his potential.

He's definitely intriguing and I'm all for drafting the BPA. But his lack of rebounding and defense is very hard to overlook. And unfortunately, the reports on his attitude. Doesn't sound like someone who will give it his all to improve these aspects. But yeah, he definitely has a lot of potential.

aceace
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Marshon Brooks is a slasher with a great outside shot. That makes him hard to guard. He has a huge wingspan 7'1" and hands the size of someone 6'10, which makes him a possible defensive stopper. He's 6'5 1/2 in shoes and avg 24.5 last year. I hope we get him at 15.

One guy not on anyone's radar in the 2nd rnd is Isaiah Thomas out of Washington at 5'10 he gets no respect but he has skills comparable to Eric Gordon.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Klay is a hell of a college talent i enjoyed watching him. But i don't know how good he will be in the NBA. He played just like Reggie / Rip out at Washington state.

Really?
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Marshon Brooks is a slasher with a great outside shot. That makes him hard to guard. He has a huge wingspan 7'1" and hands the size of someone 6'10, which makes him a possible defensive stopper. He's 6'5 1/2 in shoes and avg 24.5 last year. I hope we get him at 15.

One guy not on anyone's radar in the 2nd rnd is Isaiah Thomas out of Washington at 5'10 he gets no respect but he has skills comparable to Eric Gordon.

Yup, I like the guy... his offensive IQ seems fairly high, some question his shot selection but the thing is he takes weird shots at weird times but he makes them, just checkout his highlight video from this season... I think he might go top 10... all this Klay distractions that teams are putting out is probably because they are focusing on Brooks...

I remember the year that we though Westbrook was going to fall to us... teams weren't really talking about him but then he ends up going high to OKC.

Most talk by GMs is 80%distractions 20% real I believe... it might be smaller than that... :)

Really?
06-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Wow.. Marshon Brooks didn't even make David Aldrige's top 5 SG list... he was out done by Malcolm Lee, Travis Leslie, and Josh Selby

NapTonius Monk
06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Anyone check out the Jimmer article by Chad Ford...?

When reading it I started to think about some of Jimmer's games that I had watched... I think he will succeed as a pg in this league.

What a threat, someone who has range from so far out, and if someone comes out there to get him he is quick enough to get past them and draw defenders when he gets in the lane. Like Ford said if he can get a floater he will be very good as a offensive weapon.

He also mentioned how Nash was primarily a scoring guard coming out of college and played off the ball coming into the league, and how he only averaged 5 ast his first 2 seasons and it took him 8 years to crack 8assist per game and he wasn't really much of a passer when he came into the league.

Not saying that Jimmer will turn into Nash but I think I actually see more potential in him than I had before.

Also something separate, I think that he is quick and crafty enough that if he does come of the bench and doesn't have to focus on shooting as much he will end up being a much better defender than what he is now... I bet he never really had to focus on it too much since his offensive game was so strong... his one big limiting aspect on d being his wing span.

I know our PG depth is thick but I don't think I would mind if we bring on Jimmer.... I doubt that will be the pick though...Well, AJ tends to hover around the perimeter and launch threes. Wouldn't it be great to have someone launching the three that you're actually surprised if they miss?

PacerPenguins
06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
What's the hottest place to be right now in the NBA draft? It appears to be the mid-lottery.

The Pistons, Bobcats, Bucks and Warriors are getting flooded with calls from teams looking to move into that range.

Among the teams who have made calls? The Rockets (who are offering picks Nos. 14 and 23), the Pacers (offering No. 15 and Brandon Rush), the Knicks (No. 17 and Toney Douglas) and the Spurs (George Hill).

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30611/latest-buzz-picks-nos-8-11-the-trade-zone

this is from chad fords latest article

Sparhawk
06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
What's the hottest place to be right now in the NBA draft? It appears to be the mid-lottery.

The Pistons, Bobcats, Bucks and Warriors are getting flooded with calls from teams looking to move into that range.

Among the teams who have made calls? The Rockets (who are offering picks Nos. 14 and 23), the Pacers (offering No. 15 and Brandon Rush), the Knicks (No. 17 and Toney Douglas) and the Spurs (George Hill).

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30611/latest-buzz-picks-nos-8-11-the-trade-zone

I'd like the Rockets #23 for Rush. I feel Reggie Jackson will be a Pacer!

Really?
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM

A lot of this talk started when Jonas start slipping down mock boards... any coincidence?

CableKC
06-22-2011, 07:51 PM
A lot of this talk started when Jonas start slipping down mock boards... any coincidence?
Good call......maybe this relates to Tristan going top 5 with Jonas dropping. I'm hoping that this somehow pushes Singleton to within range for the Pacers.

ensergio
06-23-2011, 07:11 AM
He's definitely intriguing and I'm all for drafting the BPA. But his lack of rebounding and defense is very hard to overlook. And unfortunately, the reports on his attitude. Doesn't sound like someone who will give it his all to improve these aspects. But yeah, he definitely has a lot of potential.

I was thinking the same about him, and then read this. Put your attention in his quote: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6685883/the-nba-draft-lottery-player-guide