PDA

View Full Version : #2 to the Lakers for Bynum?

Shade
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

As Minnesota continues search for high-level player in exchange for No. 2 pick, source says T-Wolves made offer for Lakers C Andrew Bynum.

Dammit, stop helping the :censored: Lakers! :khan:

xBulletproof
06-21-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't get the Bynum love. I wouldn't make that trade.

cdash
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't get the Bynum love. I wouldn't make that trade.

I get it if he's healthy, but he rarely ever is.

glazedham42
06-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Is it possible for Kahn to pimp out this pick any more than he already has? I mean seriously, what is this, the 40th rumor we've heard about the Wolves trading #2? I'm all for testing the water, but he should just make an E-bay listing at this point, and that's not too far from what he's doing. Albeit, in a more long and drawn out fashion where he floats out trade rumors about EVERY starting center in the league, whether they have really been mentioned in a trade or not.

I understand shopping your pick around, but this is getting laughable. It's 3-4 new rumors a day, all about this one pick.

pacer4ever
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

Dammit, stop helping the :censored: Lakers! :khan:

dont worry Dr. Buss wont trade Bynum for some odd reason

spreedom
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't understand why the Lakers would make that trade. Their huge advantage is their size and their veteran experience. Why roll the dice on an undersized 4 when that just means that you have to move Gasol back out of position and you create a potential logjam with Artest/Odom/Barnes/Williams?

Great deal for the Wolves though, considering their roster makeup. Kevin Love would really benefit from having a back-to-the-basket scorer and rebounder in the lineup (though I think Milicic is getting borderline underrated). Huge roster upgrade for a team that needs every win they can get at this point.

I like Rubio/Johnson/Beasley/Love/Bynum WAY more than I like Rubio/Johnson/Williams/Beasley/Love or Rubio/Johnson/Beasley/Love/Darko with Williams off the bench.

Jim R
06-21-2011, 11:15 PM
There is no way I'd deal Bynum for Derrick Williams.

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 11:20 PM
This is another one of those stupid Khan rumors, man this guy is getting annoying is not even funny anymore :mad:

Will Galen
06-21-2011, 11:54 PM
dont worry Dr. Buss wont trade Bynum for some odd reason

Dr. Buss isn't in charge anymore, he's letting his son Jimmy run the team and his daugther run the office. Jimmy is the one that doesn't want to trade Bynum. He's the one that really nixed the JO trade to the Lakers for Bynum too.

SMosley21
06-22-2011, 06:59 AM
The Lakers aren't looking to trade Bynum or Pau, contrary to rumors.

Shade
06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Bynum is hilariously overrated around here for some reason. :laugh:

The Lakers are likely going to have to shed a lot of salary under the new CBA, even if an amnesty rule is incorporated. This trade would be an absolute godsend for them. An oft-injured and overpaid Bynum for the #2 pick? Are you :censored: kidding me?!

Shade
06-22-2011, 07:46 AM
The Lakers aren't looking to trade Bynum or Pau, contrary to rumors.

Under the new CBA, they'll likely have no choice. Unless they would prefer to trade Kobe.

pacersgroningen
06-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Under the new CBA, they'll likely have no choice. Unless they would prefer to trade Kobe.

Let's do a sign and trade with Dunleavy for Kobe :signit:

granger33
06-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I always thought Bynum was Over rated, until playoffs. yes they got swept by Dallas, but he was the only one on that laker team that showed heart. Played very well.

Shade
06-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Right now, the Lakers are on the hook for $94.8M in player salaries next season. If a hard cap is set at...say...a conservative $65M, they'll use up about $60M just on Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. Something has to give.

Trading Bynum would allow them to shed payroll while picking up a potential stud in Williams, as well as allowing them to move Gasol for a new center. Big win for the Lakers if this goes through.

Shade
06-22-2011, 08:08 AM
I always thought Bynum was Over rated, until playoffs. yes they got swept by Dallas, but he was the only one on that laker team that showed heart. Played very well.

Yet, he was hardly a factor at all when L.A. was winning its rings.

He's good, but injury-prone and overpaid.

PR07
06-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Don't get me wrong, the Lakers could use multiple shots of athleticism to that rotation, but their size and length is the one thing they still have going for them. That, and I hear that Kobe Bryant guy is pretty good.

Shade
06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, the Lakers could use multiple shots of athleticism to that rotation, but their size and length is the one thing they still have going for them. That, and I hear that Kobe Bryant guy is pretty good.

Didn't exactly do much for them this season though.

That team, as constructed, is done.