PDA

View Full Version : More Than One Fan Section in Conseco?

MunciePacerBabe
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Area 55 is such a great idea and Big Boy Roy is so awesome for doing this for the fans. With the try outs being this week, I got to thinking about some of the fans who could't try out or did not make the cuts.

Here is a thought....why can't more than one Pacer player have a fan section? Think of the competion in the building and the noise!!! I have even gone as far as to think of some names for the sections. How about....are you ready?????

Tyler Hansbrough. The Goon Squad
Danny Granger. Granger's Danger Zone
Paul George. PG's Pit (he has a pit bull)
Darren Collison. DC's Collision Crew
Dahntay Jones. Dahntay's Inferno
Larry Bird. Bird's Nest

Fun times! What do you think? Area 55 is the best thing to happen to Conseco, without a doubt, but a little friendly competition wouldn't hurt a thing! Go Pacers!!

ballism
06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Stanko section. No made up name, just Stanko.
For international fans, plane tickets included.

smj887
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
After Roy unveiled Area 55, I thought DC should just be a smartass and start Area 2.

PacerPenguins
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
rofl at Birds nest HAHA!

SMosley21
06-21-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm almost positive that I heard that they are going to try to do a section named after Tyler

Sandman21
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Theres a Youtube video floating around of Roy on Sportsnation RE Area 55 and he talks about a section for Tyler there.

joeyd
06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Foster would have a ton of people auditioning for a spot in his section if he did it.

The Sleeze
06-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Foster would have a ton of people auditioning for a spot in his section if he did it.

Call it "Fosters Imposters" and they could all tuck their jeans into their Ugg boots.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2011/02/Jeff-Fosters-boots-306x229.jpg

MunciePacerBabe
06-21-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm almost positive that I heard that they are going to try to do a section named after Tyler

Thought of another name for Tyler's section....Psycho Ward!!!! HaHa!

Ozwalt72
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Lance Stephenson's "The Pen"

We get inmates tickets and....

Yes I'm joking.

MunciePacerBabe
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Call it "Fosters Imposters" and they could all tuck their jeans into their Ugg boots.

Love it! :D

The Sleeze
06-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Psycho Ward is a great name for Tyler's.

MunciePacerBabe
06-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Yes I'm joking.

:eek: :eek: Glad you are kidding...but it was creative!

idioteque
06-21-2011, 11:26 PM

Yes I'm joking.

We might need it if we play the Bulls again in the playoffs.

PacerGuy
06-21-2011, 11:28 PM

Yes I'm joking.

Candi-Land! ;)...:blush:...:D

The Sleeze
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM

touché

MunciePacerBabe
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM

You, sir, are a naughty boy! :blush:
.....but very funny!!

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 12:36 AM
After Roy unveiled Area 55, I thought DC should just be a smartass and start Area 2.

Haha, I love this! I appreciate the smartassedness of it. It would be funny if we had a player with Zero. I would say, "I started my own section too, and gave the same amount of fans as my jersey number season tickets FOR LIFE. Where is my publicity?"

Constellations
06-22-2011, 01:06 AM
J-Mart.

http://i56.tinypic.com/smyb1z.jpg

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:19 AM
The Ronald McRoberts House.

Constellations
06-22-2011, 01:22 AM
The Ronald McRoberts House.

Rip off.:D

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:23 AM
That was the point.

imbtyler
06-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Area 55 is such a great idea and Big Boy Roy is so awesome for doing this for the fans. With the try outs being this week, I got to thinking about some of the fans who could't try out or did not make the cuts.

Here is a thought....why can't more than one Pacer player have a fan section? Think of the competion in the building and the noise!!! I have even gone as far as to think of some names for the sections. How about....are you ready?????

Tyler Hansbrough. The Goon Squad
Danny Granger. Granger's Danger Zone
Paul George. PG's Pit (he has a pit bull)
Darren Collison. DC's Collision Crew
Dahntay Jones. Dahntay's Inferno
Larry Bird. Bird's Nest

Fun times! What do you think? Area 55 is the best thing to happen to Conseco, without a doubt, but a little friendly competition wouldn't hurt a thing! Go Pacers!!

Granger Zone!!

Also, for Paul: "King George's Court"

Just wait until we can get our rookies in on it, too!

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Granger Zone!!

Also, for Paul: "King George's Court"

Just wait until we can get our rookies in on it, too!

If we got JaJaun somehow, we could have a Flash Mob.

You know, the Franklin Central Flashes? It would work better if he came straight from HS or was a one-and-done, but still...

Eleazar
06-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Foster's Australian for Beer

j/k

duke dynamite
06-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Stanko section. No made up name, just Stanko.
For international fans, plane tickets included.
Stanko.

Perfect.

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
We used to have sections like this in the balcony. They didn't have the same people every game, but the sections were named after certain players. I remember Jack's (Stephen Jackson) Pack specifically I think.

Eindar
06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
We used to have sections like this in the balcony. They didn't have the same people every game, but the sections were named after certain players. I remember Jack's (Stephen Jackson) Pack specifically I think.

Weren't those tickets donated to schools or charities or something?

Trader Joe
06-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Yeah, that's how it worked I think.

BillS
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM

Yeah, that's how it worked I think.

Yes, that was the purpose of those sections. I miss them, I thought it was a great way to show the players' commitment to the community.

Unfortunately, I think the lack of enthusiasm for the team may have contributed to their absence in the last year or so.

I would not be surprised to see some of them back this year, though.

In re: cheering sections, with all due respect to the hard workers in A55, let's get that all polished up and working well before we break our focus.

I have an idea, though - let's turn ALL of the Fieldhouse into a fan section by buying tickets and cheering! :lol:

pianoman
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Why not have 3 more sections like Area 55, and just discount the tickets deeply on a first come first serve basis?

Eddie Gill
06-22-2011, 10:06 AM

The only other one I remember is Cro's Nest. And some TruWarrior nonsense.

The Sleeze
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Why not have 3 more sections like Area 55, and just discount the tickets deeply on a first come first serve basis?

They already have that.....it's called the "upper balcony".

pianoman
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Marquis Daniels had squad 6 I believe. And there was Fosters Follies or something like that

joeyd
06-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes, that was the purpose of those sections. I miss them, I thought it was a great way to show the players' commitment to the community.

Unfortunately, I think the lack of enthusiasm for the team may have contributed to their absence in the last year or so.

I can tell you that several of the players donate tickets (huge blocks in fact) in specific sections of the balcony that go to non-profits on a game-by-game basis for the season. I don't know if they are season ticket blocks all in the same section for every game, but I believe they are. They are apparently not seeking recognition for these deeds or their continued commitment to the community, so there are no named sections in these cases that I'm familiar with, but their generosity is noted by the non-profits that get these tickets.