PDA

View Full Version : Rumor/Twitter thread?

Pages : [1] 2

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_tony_parker_spurs_nba_draft_062111

NEW YORK – The San Antonio Spurs are engaged in discussions about trading point guard Tony Parker(notes) to secure a high pick in Thursday’s draft, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Spurs have talked to teams in the lottery, including the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings, who hold the fifth and seventh picks, respectively. The Kings are determined to get a frontline point guard, and have also talked with the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton(notes).

It’s unclear who the Spurs would prefer to take if they acquired a high lottery pick.

If the Spurs were to trade Parker, George Hill(notes) could become their starting point guard. League sources said Hill also has drawn trade interest from teams willing to give the Spurs a pick near the back end of the lottery.

Parker didn’t play well early in the Spurs’ first-round loss to the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies in May then later told French reporters he thought the franchise’s days of contending for a title had all but ended.

WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski

Y! Sources: San Antonio's engaged in trade talks centering on Tony Parker to move into Thursday's draft lottery:

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Good idea...some guy that seems like BS on Twitter (his username is NBASource1) is reporting a deal between ATL, DAL, and ORL...ORL gets Josh Smith, Hinrich, etc...ATL gets Nelson, Anderson, Orton, etc...DAL gets Marvin Williams. I'm not sure if it's real or not, I've seen him + 1 other source report it. The HawksPRGuy on Twitter says no to it.

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
and if this deal isn't a real rumor, I've also heard of the Celtics getting Josh Smith and then flipping him to ORL for DH12 somehow. Just rumors I hear, I'll try to post anything I hear, though that I think is noteworthy. I just wish there was a little more Pacers news out there.

idioteque
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
These unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter are hilarious, I'm thinking about starting an account and just putting BS to see if it gets any play.

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I would love to get Parker, yeah he is 29 years old but that to me is nothing for a point guard.

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
I heard that supposedly Howard want Josh Smith. Could make sense both are from Atlanta area. Easy to either have some truth to the rumor, or make one that sounds belivable

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 10:18 PM
These unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter are hilarious, I'm thinking about starting an account and just putting BS to see if it gets any play.

true , but the one I posted about the Spurs is from Wojo's twitter account. He is one of the more solid guys on NBA rumors

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 10:24 PM
reports are now that the 3-team trade is dead and the Celtics are REALLY in the mix now.

Hicks
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Let's try to keep this to people we're pretty sure would know something, like the ESPN/Yahoo/Beat Writer kind of guys.

cdash
06-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Let's try to keep this to people we're pretty sure would know something, like the ESPN/Yahoo/Beat Writer kind of guys.

Not 20 year olds on Twitter with 200 followers?

BoomBaby31
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
trade hibbert for #2 then #2 for Tony Parker.

Then Trade DC and #15 for a Good BigMan

thatch3232
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM

That's a lot easier said than done.

PacerGuy
06-21-2011, 11:32 PM

trade Danny for the #1 , then trade the #1 for J.Smith...
Then sign Bosh & LeBron as FA's... :rolleyes:

Really?....

Constellations
06-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Trade Hibbert for Kwame Brown.

itzryan07
06-21-2011, 11:41 PM
I would love to get Parker, yeah he is 29 years old but that to me is nothing for a point guard.

isn't Granger somewhere around that age too?

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 11:45 PM
isn't Granger somewhere around that age too?

Yep, I was just pointing that out so people stop saying that Tony is too old.

ChristianDudley
06-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I personally think that Felton will be headed somewhere other than Denver this week...his name is in just too many rumors that don't involve Minnesota.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...o-7-for-felton
Chad Ford

• Sounds like the Bucks also are very open to moving down a few spots in the draft. Both the Rockets (Nos. 14 and 23) and the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush) appear to be possibilities.
YES! Dooling and #10 for Rush, #15, get it done Larry!

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 01:25 AM
I put more stock into minutes/seasons played than age. Parker has played 24,603 minutes in 746 regular season games over 10 seasons and 5,016 minutes in 130 playoff games. Danny's played 14,891 minutes in 448 regular season games over six seasons with 345 playoff minutes. So Danny has more or less half as many NBA miles as Parker.

At 4 years/$50 million, thanks but no thanks on Parker. I'd gladly welcome Hill back to Indy though.

BornReady
06-22-2011, 01:26 AM

Tony Parker has also been in the league since 2001, while Granger has been there since 2005. Age is only an indicator, but imo its the miles that count.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Hill > Parker in terms of how much I want them here.

BornReady
06-22-2011, 01:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...o-7-for-felton
Chad Ford

YES! Dooling and #10 for Rush, #15, get it done Larry!

Trade Rush just to move up 5 spots in the draft? :/

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Trade Rush just to move up 5 spots in the draft? :/

You say Rush, I just see a horribly inconsistent player who will never be a factor on the Pacers. :). Seriously though. This would be a good trade for all 3 parties, the Bucks, the Pacers, and Rush. I think he's worn out his welcome here in Indiana. I'd like to see him succeed elsewhere.

BornReady
06-22-2011, 01:37 AM
You say Rush, I just see a horribly inconsistent player who will never be a factor on the Pacers. :). Seriously though. This would be a good trade for all 3 parties, the Bucks, the Pacers, and Rush. I think he's worn out his welcome here in Indiana. I'd like to see him succeed elsewhere.

hahah offensively, yes. Remember, that's only half the game! Rush is a very solid defensive player. I think that he could make a big impact on a veteran playoff team that needs depth and doesn't desperately need scoring options. I feel like we could get more than a 5 spot bump for him, haha. For the Pacers sake, I hope I'm right :D

Cactus Jax
06-22-2011, 01:50 AM
5 spots in the first round is a lot actually. The Pacers may have to add 42 as well to make it happen but I'd say lets do it, if there's a guy at 10 the Pacers really want that they assume they can't get at 15.

10 has a lot of good options, where as 15 a lot of those options are taken away, and if they were to get Dooling, he'd be a good backup for DC. It could be anyone on the Bucks really and it would be fine as far as a spare part. They've got a few young players that intrigue me, but I doubt they trade one of those.

I think this is really the first pick in the draft that is "for sale", the other picks in the top 9 all have extremely high price tags. I can easily see the Bucks taking Jimmer at 10 if he's available and offering him to the highest bidder, would have to then wonder if the Pacers truly want Jimmer at that point or if he was a smoke-screen the whole time.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Marc J. Spears:

Clipps still looking for starting SF. Would trade anyone other than Blake or Gordon unless AllStar offered. Expiring deals, picks,trade bait

Rising Congo forward Bismack Biyombo could be taken high as 5th by Raptors, an NBA executive said. Utah high on Knight. Wiz high on Vesely.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Two players whose names keep coming up as likely to surprise on draft day: Duke's Kyle Singler and Michigan's Darius Morris.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Teams believe Charlotte has designs on specific player for No. 9. If he's off board, they think 'Cats will trade down to get multiple picks.

Adrian Wojnarowski
The Kings coaching staff, in win-now mode to stay employed, are fully behind trading the 7th pick for an established player, sources say.

If Spurs deal Tony Parker to Kings for 7th pick, expect Omri Caspi to be part of package, sources say. RC Buford has been long fond of him.
20 minutes ago

EDIT

Bucks and Warriors - picking 10th and 11th - are mostly enamored with Klay Thompson, sources say. G-State fears he won't be there for them.
Adrian Wojnarowski

Two teams willing to draft 7-footer Jonas Valanciunas with expectation they could have to wait two years, sources say: Bucks and Warriors.

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Who do the Spurs want at 7? Jonas?

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 04:21 AM

I don't know to me it is more about giving George Hill the control of the team. They have groomed him and he was a project combo guard coming out now he is a solid pg. This trade would make the Kings a lot better IMO. Their two weakness is a pg and a leader.

Will Galen
06-22-2011, 04:43 AM
The only reason I see for us trading for the Bucks tenth pick is so we can take Jonas Valanciunas if he slips as expected. I'm very much for doing that if possible!!!!!

oz_pacer
06-22-2011, 06:53 AM
what do you guys think it would take to get jordan hill from the rockets?

PacerGuy
06-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I put more stock into minutes/seasons played than age. Parker has played 24,603 minutes in 746 regular season games over 10 seasons and 5,016 minutes in 130 playoff games. Danny's played 14,891 minutes in 448 regular season games over six seasons with 345 playoff minutes. So Danny has more or less half as many NBA miles as Parker.

At 4 years/$50 million, thanks but no thanks on Parker. I'd gladly welcome Hill back to Indy though.

This is Great info & all, & to some who care it likely supports your reasoning, but lest face it, No Eva in the Fieldhouse is why he is no longer that appealing! :D

Really?
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM

I don't know to me it is more about giving George Hill the control of the team. They have groomed him and he was a project combo guard coming out now he is a solid pg. This trade would make the Kings a lot better IMO. Their two weakness is a pg and a leader.

I think they will be hoping Kawhi Lenord or Marcus Morris is still there. I could see them trying to get a SF, Richard Jefferson has never lived up to expectations. Also they still have Bonner and Tiogo Splinter as well as the project that is Blair. But I think this will also do what p4e said and open up some room for George to take over and get some value out of parker while they still can.

Jonas could be the pick as well if they want to play Splinter more as a 4 though.

Sookie
06-22-2011, 03:40 PM

Kemba or Jimmer, most likely.

Justin Tyme
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Tony Parker has also been in the league since 2001, while Granger has been there since 2005. Age is only an indicator, but imo its the miles that count.

Yep, and I'm one who thought Kidd had too many miles on him when the Mavs traded for him. 38 and supporting a Championship ring!

Justin Tyme
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Kemba or Jimmer, most likely.

I'm not excited about Kemba, and I DEFINATELY don't want Jimmer.

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
@DraftExpress
NBA sources say San Antonio has offered George Hill to Milwaukee (#10), Golden State (#11) and Utah (#12) in exchange for their pick.

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 04:14 PM
@DraftExpress
NBA sources say San Antonio has offered George Hill to Milwaukee (#10), Golden State (#11) and Utah (#12) in exchange for their pick.

OMG SA is asking for just a pick for a player that is better than Tony Parker? What?

aaronb
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
OMG SA is asking for just a pick for a player that is better than Tony Parker? What?

Wonder if Rush and 15 would be enough? Maybe Collision and 15?

Psyren
06-22-2011, 04:17 PM
@DraftExpress

All 3 of those teams should be jumping on that.

TP is better than anyone you could find at those picks.

Psyren
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Man if they would take Rush and 15...#drool

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 04:21 PM

They are obviously targeting a player. If he isn't there at those numbers I doubt a trade happens. So 15 is probably too low i think they are going after Jonas.

PacersHomer
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
@DraftExpress

Cereal? If Hill is on the trading block the Pacers should definitely try to go after the hometown boy.

troyc11a
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
They are obviously targeting a player. If he isn't there at those numbers I doubt a trade happens. So 15 is probably too low i think they are going after Jonas.

San Antonio is known to have awesome overseas scouting. The player they are targeting could be a Euro for sure. Maybe he is one of Bird's fantastic four?

Jim R
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM

Age is relative, and in this case relative the how much time he has put on his legs. Evidently not being married to Eva Longoria helped keep his legs fresh. I'd be worn out too, or at least pleased about it. :cool:

CableKC
06-22-2011, 04:56 PM
@DraftExpress
None of those Teams need a PG. Maybe Utah if they go big with #3....but then again...they'd just go with fan favorite Jimmer.

Let's hope that someone that they target falls to #15....I'd easily consider George Hill for #15. :signit:

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 04:58 PM
So who does San Antonio want in this draft that they are so eagerly shopping Parker/Hill for a pick?

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 04:58 PM
So who does San Antonio want in this draft that they are so eagerly shopping Parker/Hill for a pick?

That is the million dollar question

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 05:02 PM
That is the million dollar question

They seem like they really want whoever it is. Kinda makes me think they know something everyone else doesn't. Quick Larry, trade up and draft this guy!

CableKC
06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
They want to re-tool around Manu/Duncan....as to who....given their preference for International Players...like everyone suggests...JV.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
They want to re-tool around Manu/Duncan....as to who....given their preference for International Players...like everyone suggests...JV.

Duncan is done IMO he legs are gone. He is a role player the rest of his career IMO. If i was building the SAS i would build around Hill and someone else moving forward.

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Duncan is done IMO he legs are gone. He is a role player the rest of his career IMO. If i was building the SAS i would build around Hill and someone else moving forward.

I agree. But I think Duncan is ok with it and won't try to do what JO did here. He still can be effective. Unfortunately they have some serious retooling to do. Blair isn't going to cut it replacing Duncan. But SA is a proven great FO so I think they will do well.

A.B.Hollywood
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM

So then Trade Rush and #15 to MIL for their #10 and then trade 10 to SA for George Hill.

Boom.

aaronb
06-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Agreed,

Duncan looked terrible in the post season. Their whole offense was predicated on drawing fouls on flops. Nobody was very adept at actually getting a shot off.

Really?
06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
So then Trade Rush and #15 to MIL for their #10 and then trade 10 to SA for George Hill.

Boom.

Spurs aren't trading Hill, teams missed their chance last year... Pacers missed their chance when they should have drafted him...smh

I remember when we were having the conversation on PD last year of who we would like to trade for DC or George Hill...

I said George, I still would take George even though I think DC still will get better I feel George will be the better of the 2 at the end of the day..

I believe most chose DC maybe even Tony Parker over Hill...

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Spurs aren't trading Hill, teams missed their chance last year... Pacers missed their chance when they should have drafted him...smh

I remember when we were having the conversation on PD last year of who we would like to trade for DC or George Hill...

I said George, I still would take George even though I think DC still will get better I feel George will be the better of the 2 at the end of the day..

I believe most chose DC maybe even Tony Parker over Hill...

Hill has been shopped for the number 10, 11, and 12 draft picks.

Will Galen
06-22-2011, 06:31 PM
They seem like they really want whoever it is. Kinda makes me think they know something everyone else doesn't. Quick Larry, trade up and draft this guy!

I think they want Jonas Valanciunas, and they will probably get him if he slips. He's who I would like too.

Really?
06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Hill has been shopped for the number 10, 11, and 12 draft picks.

That seems kind of weird just saying I don't know how true that is, if that is the case then I believe they are underrating Hill by a lot or we all don't know something.. weird..

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
That seems kind of weird just saying I don't know how true that is, if that is the case then I believe they are underrating Hill by a lot or we all don't know something.. weird..

Or a lot of people in PD are overrating the guy big time :dunno:

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 07:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30601/latest-draft-buzz-the-top-five-picks

Tristan Thomson could go top 5 wow

CableKC
06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30601/latest-draft-buzz-the-top-five-picks

Tristan Thomson could go top 5 wow
That is reaching...but that's good.....that means that there is a good chance that someone will fall out of the top 10.

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow, that'd be surprising. I think if I was Cleveland I'd rather have Derrick Williams and Knight than Kyrie and T. Thompson.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 07:05 PM
JonRothstein Jon Rothstein
Spoke to an GM today who said BC's Reggie Jackson could be "another Darren Collison". If knee issues don't come into play, this is a steal.

I concur except Reggie plays defense and longer and Collision is much quicker. The way they shoot is both very unorthodox. But DC was a steal at #21 and Reggie will be a steal IMO.

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 07:09 PM
By the way the down hill PG in Tony Parker played a total of 78 games during the regular season last year and averaged 17.5ppg 6.6apg and 3.2rpg, his average during the playoffs was 19.7ppg 2.7rpg and 5.2apg not bad....

Kemo
06-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I really hope Larry can walk away from this draft with Fredette..
That being said, I don't think utah is gonna let him pass them ..
I think he can be a franchise changing player..
You can all laugh at me now .. go ahead , get it out of your system ..
Because 2 years from now, he is gonna play himself into being a marquee name for some franchise..
I feel the same with Rubio ..

Psyren
06-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Because 2 years from now, he is gonna play himself into being a marquee name for some franchise..

Disagree on Rubio...

...But agree entirely on Fredette. People can say what they want, but he will be a big time scorer in this league.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Aran Smith: If Kemba slips past 7, which it looks like he will, he can easily slide out of lottery and into teens Twitter

:pray:

we could use his scoring and defense on the team he would be a steal in the teens.

PacerGuy
06-22-2011, 07:37 PM
If the Jazz draft Williams (as Draft express now has Kanter #2), Singleton could fall. I like the defensive skillset he could add, + the lack of getting an offensive punch the team has said it desires could "inspire" Larry to go hard after a 2nd 1st rounder.

Really?
06-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Or a lot of people in PD are overrating the guy big time :dunno:

If that is the case the Spurs would have been dangling him first before Parker...

But I will say that with most of this stuff u never know... Bird has been acused of trying to trade every pacer and he always says "we weren't talking about trading player x" he just said this about Hibbert.

A lot of this stuff is just rumors

Really?
06-22-2011, 07:40 PM

we could use his scoring and defense on the team he would be a steal in the teens.

Never knew he was much of a defensive presence, I also believe that Jimmer has more upside as PG than Kemba... but Kemba has more upside as a 2...

Sookie
06-22-2011, 07:43 PM

That's who I thought of when Larry said someone might be falling. Kemba's a score first midget..who isn't that good of a shooter. He'll make the people who didn't take him look like idiots..but it's not surprising if he's dropping.

That said, if we draft him, it's not going to shock me if we trade one of our PGs (most likely either DC or Kemba)

CableKC
06-22-2011, 07:43 PM

Depends on who the Jazz picks at #3.

If they go with a Big Man....then yeah..I can see them going for Jimmer at #12. But if they go for a PG with #3, can they go after another at #12?

BTW.....DX Mock Draft now has the TWolves going after Kanter at #2 and pushing Derrick Williams to #3.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

Really?
06-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Depends on who the Jazz picks at #3.

If they go with a Big Man....then yeah..I can see them going for Jimmer at #12. But if they go for a PG with #3, can they go after another at #12?

BTW.....DX Mock Draft now has the TWolves going after Kanter at #2 and pushing Derrick Williams to #3.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

I think that was a joke from the Fake david Kahn account...

PacerGuy
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM

we could use his value to trade down to get multible pieces to help the team he would be a steal in the teens.

Fixed.
I have no desire for 2 short PG's.

CableKC
06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
I think that was a joke from the Fake david Kahn account...
This how stupid the TWolves are.....without showing their cards ( unless it is fake...as you suggest ), they could have parlayed drafting Derrick Williams at #2 into some additional asset while getting Kanter at #3 or #4.

Hicks
06-22-2011, 08:13 PM

We'd have to introduce our point guards before each game by driving them out in a clown car.

wintermute
06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
According to Chad Ford, Pacers among several teams looking to move up to the 8-11 range

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30611/latest-buzz-picks-nos-8-11-the-trade-zone

What's the hottest place to be right now in the NBA draft? It appears to be the mid-lottery.

The Pistons, Bobcats, Bucks and Warriors are getting flooded with calls from teams looking to move into that range.

Among the teams that have made calls? The Rockets (who are offering picks Nos. 14 and 23), the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush), the Knicks (No. 17 and Toney Douglas) and the Spurs (George Hill).

Edit: This seems to run counter to what Bird said in his presser though, that moving up a few spots probably won't help.

Hicks
06-22-2011, 08:17 PM
It's probably tied with the same rumor already talked about (Rush/15 for 10)

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
We'd have to introduce our point guards before each game by driving them out in a clown car.

Yeah I would trow up if I get to see DC and Walker on the court at the same time :puke:

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't think many teams warm up in rotations, so I would get your bucket if we do draft him.

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM

http://sandycovechrons.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/midget_basketball-12223.jpg

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM

It is more about value i wouldn't mind trading him after drafting him but at #15 he is great value.

wintermute
06-22-2011, 08:38 PM
It's probably tied with the same rumor already talked about (Rush/15 for 10)

No, that wasn't the rumor. The rumor was that the Bucks were interested in Brooks, and also in Rush.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=65332

I suggested the #10 for Rush and #15 trade on the third post. Unless I'm somehow Chad Ford's source (maybe he lurks here LOL), then this is a new rumor.

aaronb
06-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, that'd be surprising. I think if I was Cleveland I'd rather have Derrick Williams and Knight than Kyrie and T. Thompson.

This!

I could see a really good rebounding front court in Cleveland next year

Vajo
Jamison/Hickson
Derrick Williams at the 3

With back court combos of

Baron Davis
Ramon Sessions
and Probably Brandon Knight

Still light on effective wings. Still a team that should be able to get some things done. That front court will gather some rebounds for sure.

Hicks
06-22-2011, 08:54 PM
No, that wasn't the rumor. The rumor was that the Bucks were interested in Brooks, and also in Rush.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=65332

I suggested the #10 for Rush and #15 trade on the third post. Unless I'm somehow Chad Ford's source (maybe he lurks here LOL), then this is a new rumor.

I think it's out there in some fashion; I heard Morway interviewed on Grady's show this morning (I listened to the podcast they put up later today), and Grady or the other guy (I think it was Grady) brought up Rush and #15 for #10, and Morway didn't shoot it down.

Really?
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
It is more about value i wouldn't mind trading him after drafting him but at #15 he is great value.

Skeptical on his value... some say if he drops past 7 he will fall out of the lottery... and if his value is what it is and it is your pick, why not just trade your pick right away for whatever you would get for him?

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
My dream scenario

Pacers trade #15 pick, Rush to Bucks for Dooling, #10

Trade #10 to Spurs for George Hill

Trade Collison or Hill and James Posey for Josh Smith

Really?
06-22-2011, 10:10 PM
My dream scenario

Pacers trade #15 pick, Rush to Bucks for Dooling, #10

Trade #10 to Spurs for George Hill

Trade Collison or Hill and James Posey for Josh Smith

Just one thing they have Jeff Teague... not sure Collison is as enticing to them. Hill maybe, since he is a combo and can play both guard positions..

Quick questions for anyone, if we do just do the draft start up to get 10 what player do you guys think we could get at ten that has no chance of being there at 15?

Singleton maybe?

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Just one thing they have Jeff Teague... not sure Collison is as enticing to them. Hill maybe, since he is a combo and can play both guard positions..

Quick questions for anyone, if we do just do the draft start up to get 10 what player do you guys think we could get at ten that has no chance of being there at 15?

Singleton maybe?

the players who go 10-14:D

Really?
06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
the players who go 10-14:D

lol exactly, I think all of the players around that range could slip and I think the Pacers will most likely take any of them... Don't really thing it is a big move... would rather trade rush for a late 1st early 2nd rd pick..

90'sNBARocked
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Yannis Koutroupis - 06/22/2011 8:16pm EST-

According to Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick the Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers are discussing a trade that involves NBA 6th Man of the Year Lamar Odom going to Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala. The Lakers would have to include another player to make the deal work under the current CBA and Amick mentions Ron Artest as a possibility.

More so than appearing like an imminent deal, this just further proves that both Iguodala and Odom are available. The Lakers were reportedly interested in trading Odom for the Minnesota Timberwolves' second overall selection, while the 76ers have been actively shopping Iguodala for weeks. Amick also stated that the Timberwolves are still considering a deal for Iguodala that involves the aforementioned number two pick.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20170#ixzz1Q3umS9FD

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
NO ONE HELP THE LAKERS! come on.

vnzla81
06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Iguadola for the 2nd pick? wow

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 10:37 PM
lol exactly, I think all of the players around that range could slip and I think the Pacers will most likely take any of them... Don't really thing it is a big move... would rather trade rush for a late 1st early 2nd rd pick..

Alex Burks :pray: He will be special if he learns to shoot

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Kahn hates the Pacers, I swear.

ChristianDudley
06-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I wish something would already happen FOR SURE no matter what teams make moves. I can't recall a draft here in the past 6 or so years of having nothing even proposed heading into Draft Day, yet there's been an insane amount of speculation, talks, etc (Kahn is much to thank, however).

focused444
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I wish something would already happen FOR SURE no matter what teams make moves. I can't recall a draft here in the past 6 or so years of having nothing even proposed heading into Draft Day, yet there's been an insane amount of speculation, talks, etc (Kahn is much to thank, however).

I agree. I would like something to happen, but for some reason the time since the finals to the draft has been abnormally fun for me this year. Either way, things will happen tomorrow!!

ChristianDudley
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
yeah, I would assume that it just means tomorrow will be THAT MUCH more hectic than normally.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 11:18 PM
yeah, I would assume that it just means tomorrow will be THAT MUCH more hectic than normally.

* Watches as teams just pick 60 players in a row* :censored: "That was the msot boring draft ever!"

ChristianDudley
06-22-2011, 11:31 PM
* Watches as teams just pick 60 players in a row* :censored: "That was the msot boring draft ever!"

yeah, and then head into a lockout. Total BS material right there! lol

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Before you send Tony Parker anywhere in draft trades, know that Spurs are asking teams to take RJeff as well. Not much interest so far.
web • 6/23/11 1:15 AM - David Aldridge

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Just turned in Mock 7.0 for tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek for Jimmer fans ....(Jimmer at 12 to the Jazz)- Chad Ford

All I can say is YES! finally he doesn't have Jimmer going to the Pacers!

TheDon
06-23-2011, 02:09 AM
If the Jazz take away another person from us this year I might just send them a thank you letter.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't know but if SA is only asking for cap release I wouldn't mind sending Posey+DC+pick for Parker/Jefferson, our team would be like this: Parker,PG,Danny,X player and Roy

Bench: Jimmer :D, RJ x player, Tyler, x player.

The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers are reportedly discussing a trade involving All-Star guard Tony Parker. Posted by Ben Golliver.*

There continues to be billowing smoke around San Antonio Spurs All-Star guard Tony Parker. But is all the talk legit?

On Tuesday, we noted a report that Parker was being shopped to the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings. Earlier Wednesday, we noted that the Spurs denied Parker was being shopped.

Just hours after that denial, though, HoopsWorld.com reported that the Spurs nearly consummated a trade with the Portland Trail Blazers involving Parker.
The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers nearly completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday afternoon, but the deal fell apart in the late stages. San Antonio was prepared to ship Tony Parker and the #29 pick to Portland in exchange for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the #21 pick, but the trade died when the Spurs insisted that Richard Jefferson somehow be included in the deal. Other players would have been included in the trade to make salaries work. Talks have quieted for now, but they could pick back up tomorrow if one of the teams has a change of heart.
CBSSports.com's Ken Berger then reported that the ongoing chatter is simply San Antonio attempting to gauge Parker's value on the open market.
Spurs officials continue to do what they're paid to do -- find out what their players are worth on the trade market. That's all the Tony Parker speculation is, several rival execs believe. "You know and I know they're not trading Tony Parker," one GM said. "You can't get anything close to equal value for him."
With Parker on the books for big money and George Hill waiting in the wings, the Spurs are smart to shop Parker. Usually, though, the rumor mill surrounding the Spurs is almost nonexistent. The franchise is known and praised for its secrecy and this week's worth of chatter is certainly out of the ordinary.

One thing is for sure: attempting to include Jefferson radically alters any Parker deal. He's owed roughly $30 million over the next three seasons. To match salaries, a team taking on Jefferson and Parker must be way under the salary cap or able to send out roughly $20 million in salaries that don't include long-term money. Not many teams fit that bill.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 08:18 AM
I don't know but if SA is only asking for cap release I wouldn't mind sending Posey+DC+pick for Parker/Jefferson, our team would be like this: Parker,PG,Danny,X player and Roy

Bench: Jimmer :D, Jrich, x player, Tyler, x player.

Im glad you aren't running the Pacers we would be back in cap hell Jeffersons contract is terrible. Jefferson doesn't even make the rotation WTF?? Why would we need Jrich if we have a wing group of Jefferson DG and PG?

You are gonna be very disappointed when we don't do anything in free agent. I am glad we aren't gonna wait our cap room on Jrich we can wait for 2012 and do better. At least i hope we don't do theses things :D

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Im glad you aren't running the Pacers we would be back in cap hell Jeffersons contract is terrible. Jefferson doesn't even make the rotation WTF?? Why would we need Jrich if we have a wing group of Jefferson DG and PG?

You are gonna be very disappointed when we don't do anything in free agent. I am glad we aren't gonna wait our cap room on Jrich we can wait for 2012 and do better. At least i hope we don't do theses things :D

Cap hell? Jrich has 2 more years after this one, we are going to pay Posey anyway, I think it makes sence to trade Posey for him, cap hell is Mike Dunleavy type of contracts(4+ years)

Edit: note that I would only take RJ if they include Parker like I posted before, if DC+Posey+DJ+picks would do it I think is a good deal, and also by trading Posey the Pacers would still keep some cap space to make other deals.

Really?
06-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Alex Burks :pray: He will be special if he learns to shoot

I hope so, just watched his highlight video and didn't like his 3 point shot at all, a lot more impressed with brooks...

But yeah if he gets on the D.Rose workout plan then that would truly benefit his game...

wintermute
06-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Wojo's latest

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_draft_cavaliers_irving_062311

Several interesting bits, but nothing Pacers related. Spurs' target is Motiejunas apparently.

bballpacen
06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Cap hell? Jrich has 2 more years after this one, we are going to pay Posey anyway, I think it makes sence to trade Posey for him, cap hell is Mike Dunleavy type of contracts(4+ years)

Edit: note that I would only take Jrich if they include Parker like I posted before, if DC+Posey+DJ+picks would do it I think is a good deal, and also by trading Posey the Pacers would still keep some cap space to make other deals.
Jrich?? How do we get Jason Richarson in a deal with the Spurs... It would have to be Richard Jefferson... And if that Richard Jefferson is the cost at getting Tony Parker, then count me out... He would be an very expensive bench player...

Really?
06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
What about Rush to LA for their 1st from 2012...? He seems to love it out there and they only have like 4 guards, I also think Kobe could help get a lot out of Brandon...

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 12:33 PM

Edit: note that I would only take Jrich if they include Parker like I posted before, if DC+Posey+DJ+picks would do it I think is a good deal, and also by trading Posey the Pacers would still keep some cap space to make other deals.

?Jrich is on the Magic. Jrich is a free agent this summer. Assuming you meant Richard Jefferson, he has 3 years left with a player option on the 3rd year .of course he's going to pick up the player option. He'll make 9.2 mil next year, 10.1 million in 2012/2013 and 11 million in 2013/2014.

Really?
06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
lol Utah offered that #12 and Devin Harris to SA for Tony Parker... deal fail apart when SA tried to add in Jefferson..

I know Jefferson feels like Sh$t right now... no team wants him and his contract... SA couldn't even give him away... #smh

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
?Jrich is on the Magic. Jrich is a free agent this summer. Assuming you meant Richard Jefferson, he has 3 years left with a player option on the 3rd year .of course he's going to pick up the player option. He'll make 9.2 mil next year, 10.1 million in 2012/2013 and 11 million in 2013/2014.

I was talking about R Jefferson, yes I know that he has 3 years left reason why I would only offer Posey for him, at the end of the day we are gonna have to pay Posey for one more year to sit on the bench, why no get a guy like RJ for an expiring?

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
well the pacers are awfully quiet right now

Really?
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM

That means a trade must be on the way, no rumors something is going on, bunch of rumors... nothing is happening...

CableKC
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
That means a trade must be on the way, no rumors something is going on, bunch of rumors... nothing is happening...
The same thing will happen that has happened over the last 2 seasons...either before the draft or before the Trade Deadline...I will drop off to get lunch or do some work...then come back and find that a huge trade is in discussion with the Bobcats...then at the last second...Jordan pulls out and nothing happens.

Basically, the same old emotional rollercoaster that we go through where we get our hopes up then are dashed at the last second.

Sparhawk
06-23-2011, 01:43 PM

That's the calm before all hell breaks loose.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
That's the calm before all hell breaks loose.

I sure Hope so......... I just dont think much will happen

MUpaceSIC
06-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Wojo's latest

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_draft_cavaliers_irving_062311

Several interesting bits, but nothing Pacers related. Spurs' target is Motiejunas apparently.

Not Motiejunas, but Valanciunas. I know, it's easy to get confused, just thought I'd help you out. Valanciunas is a potential top 5 pick, Motiejunas is a top 25 pick.

wintermute
06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Not Motiejunas, but Valanciunas. I know, it's easy to get confused, just thought I'd help you out. Valanciunas is a potential top 5 pick, Motiejunas is a top 25 pick.

I think you're the one who's confused.

That article has been updated since I posted it. But this is the part I was referring to

The Spurs’ aggressive pursuit of a lottery pick had them trying to get into the early teens, with hopes of using one of those picks to move up even higher in the first round, sources said. San Antonio could get into the late teens – perhaps the Utah Jazz slot at 12 – to draft. The Spurs are enamored with Lithuanian 7-footer Dontas Montejunas, sources said, and could move up to take him in the late lottery picks. Nevertheless, several teams believe San Antonio’s ultimate goal is to parlay that late lottery pick into an even higher spot in the first round. The Spurs are discussing deals involving guard George Hill(notes) to get them anywhere from 11 to 13. They’ve also had discussions about using Tony Parker(notes) in talks to rise up to the Kings’ or Toronto Raptors’ picks at seven and five, respectively.

So Spurs are trying to use George Hill to get Motiejunas in the teens, and maybe using Parker to get Valanciunas in mid lottery (which is the later report).

BPump33
06-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Yannis Koutroupis - 06/23/2011 1:07pm EST-

According to sources the Indiana Pacers have given subtle indications that Marshon Brooks will be their pick at 15 as long as he is still on the board and they don't trade out of that slot.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20170#ixzz1Q7kyiV6D

Kstat
06-23-2011, 02:15 PM
The safe pick. Least bust potential.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 02:17 PM

According to sources the Indiana Pacers have given subtle indications that Marshon Brooks will be their pick at 15 as long as he is still on the board and they don't trade out of that slot.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20170#ixzz1Q7kyiV6D

:haters:

Gamble1
06-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Are those sources this board?

BPump33
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Are those sources this board?

Who knows? I just copied and pasted.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM

if we draft brooks.... rush is all but gone imo

cdash
06-23-2011, 02:28 PM
if we draft brooks.... rush is all but gone imo

The writing has been on the wall for him for quite some time now.

BPump33
06-23-2011, 02:33 PM
DraftExpress

Seems like Robin Lopez's name is being thrown around quite a bit. Don't be surprised to see him moved on draft night.

What do you think?

BRush for Lopez. They get defense, we get size. Works on the trade machine. Both guys need new scenery, apparently.

JB24
06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Some buzz from nbadraft.net

Utah Targeting Derrick Williams in 3 Team Deal

Derrick Williams
We're hearing that there is a 3 team deal in the works between Utah, Washington and Minnesota.

The deal would send the 6th pick and players (and/or cap relief) to Minnesota.

Utah would get the 2nd pick and is targeting Derrick Williams.

Washington would get the 3rd pick and is targeting Enes Kanter.

And Minnesota would move back and dump salary or add veterans such as Paul Millsap.

Minnesota might not be done at that as there is speculation that they would trade 6 to either move down again or add more established veterans.

The deal would likley involve established players. Some names that have been mentioned: Jonny Flynn and Devin Harris.

Bismack Biyombo Back Concerns?

I got word from a GM last night that there are some concerns over Bismack Biyombo's medical reports. He supposedly has a herniated disk which could cause some teams to pause.

Despite that, teams in the lottery don't seem to be too concerned as he has been extremely impressive working out.

Biyombo had a very impressive workout yesterday with Charlotte, who could take him at 9.

There is some thought that he could go as high as 5 to Toronto as he would be the perfect complement to skilled bigman Andrea Bargnani and fit into their international gameplan. Biyombo could also go 8 to Detroit or 11 to Golden State.

Biyombo was a late invite to the green room and cancelled a workout with the Knicks today adding speculation that he will be a likely lottery pick.

http://www.nbadraft.net/draft-day-draft-buzz-1

wintermute
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Kings trading their pick?

Kings have made it privately clear that they expect to trade 7th pick, sources say. "They're confident they have deal," one official says.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Kings trading their pick?

:fingerscr

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Many front offices are frustrated trying to deal with Minny for No. 2 pick. One says, "If you want a deal right now you're talking to Utah."
1 minute ago

Kahn is a joke

Really?
06-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Many front offices are frustrated trying to deal with Minny for No. 2 pick. One says, "If you want a deal right now you're talking to Utah."
1 minute ago

Kahn is a joke

lol... yeah I saw this coming... they tried to talk to every team and see what they can get, lol...

They were really fishing, and now they have so many options they don't know which one to take, lol

I am so ready for 7... what 3 hrs left...

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 03:51 PM

I really wanted Burks.

BPump33
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I really wanted Burks.

Well, it's far from over.

Does no one have a comment on a Rush for Lopez swap? I think it would help both teams.

CooperManning
06-23-2011, 03:53 PM

Does no one have a comment on a Rush for Lopez swap? I think it would help both teams.

I'd do it unless we could get a late first rounder for Rush instead. RL would be a good backup for Roy.

A.B.Hollywood
06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Apparently there are talks about Josh Smith for the #2 pick straight up. Minnesota could absorb his contract.

The real interesting point to me though is the pick would be used on Kanter and not Williams.

If Smith is traded for anything less than this and the Pacers aren't involved I may it. Just sayin'

Sookie
06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
1 minute ago

Kahn is a joke

Anyone else find him absolutely hilarious?

pacer4ever
Apparently there are talks about Josh Smith for the #2 pick straight up. Minnesota could absorb his contract.

The real interesting point to me though is the pick would be used on Kanter and not Williams.

If Smith is traded for anything less than this and the Pacers aren't involved I may it. Just sayin'

They need a center why trade Smith for another tweeaner at the PF

they need a Kanter or Jonas

BPump33
I'd do it unless we could get a late first rounder for Rush instead. RL would be a good backup for Roy.

I'm a Jimmer guy, so my perfect trade would be this.

Rush, 15 (Singleton?) + 42 for 13 (Jimmer) and Lopez.

Apparently Phoenix is after defense and that gives us a scorer, an extra body down low and still gives PHO an extra second round pick.

D-BONE
06-23-2011, 03:56 PM

I'd consider it if Lopez is healthy and we come out of the draft with another wing player. Hasn't Lopez struggled some with nagging injuries? Both guys certainly haven't lived up to expectations. Would take a better big if he came along though.

90'sNBARocked
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
and the Pacers............................................ ...............

Do nothing ..............AGAIN

BUT per post draft press conference Bird says "We were talking to teams and looking at options, but felt there wasnt a deal to improve the club and were very happy with player X"

:(

defenition of insanity : doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm a Jimmer guy, so my perfect trade would be this.

Rush, 15 (Singleton?) + 42 for 13 (Jimmer) and Lopez.

Apparently Phoenix is after defense and that gives us a scorer, an extra body down low and still gives PHO an extra second round pick.

Singleton is better than Jimmer IMO defense trumps offense and Chris is underrated offensively IMO

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I really wanted Burks.

Ford still has us taking Burks and he is one of the best NBA insiders. He's called our drafting damn well in recent years so there is still a good chance.

BPump33
Singleton is better than Jimmer IMO defense trumps offense and Chris is underrated offensively IMO

I prefer Jimmer, but it's just a difference of opinion.

CableKC

My money is on Kahn calling up the Hawks suggesting this trade and not the Hawks calling up the TWolves for this. They seem pretty desperate to move that #2 pick and get back some additional assets.

It seems pretty obvious that the TWolves have a HIGH Price Tag and that other GMs that are calling up asking find it pretty hard to deal with Kahn.

My guess is that the TWolves could probably move the #20 pick easier. I'd offer up BRush or $$$ to get that #20 pick...then draft look at Players like Darius Morris, JuJuan Johnson or Reggie Jackson.

cdash
06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
My money is on Kahn calling up the Hawks suggesting this trade and not the Hawks calling up the TWolves for this.

It seems pretty obvious that the TWolves have a HIGH Price Tag and that other GMs that are calling up asking find it pretty hard to deal with Kahn.

Not only the high price tag, but he leaks everything.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Reading lots of rumors about us drafting that Paul George kid? Seriously? Fresno St sucked and he could only make second team all conference in the WAC! Should DEFINITELY go Xavier Henry!

Really?
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Don't really have much desire for Lopez...I would rather ride out this rush experiment and hope he does better next year.

CooperManning
06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Reading lots of rumors about us drafting that Paul George kid? Seriously? Fresno St sucked and he could only make second team all conference in the WAC! Should DEFINITELY go Xavier Henry!

More of an Ekpe Udoh fan myself, we should trade back a little to get him.

cdash
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't really have much desire for Lopez...I would rather ride out this rush experiment and hope he does better next year.

Meh, I'd much rather have Lopez. Frontcourt depth is much harder to come by than wing depth.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey, I'm still an Udoh fan. He was hurt!

aaronb
06-23-2011, 04:05 PM

We've got nothing in the way of a defensive/rebounding Big.

We've got a glut of mediocre/bad Wings.

I'd be thrilled if a Rush for Lopez swap could really happen? Can't imagine why Phoenix would do it though?

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
DraftExpress Jonathan Givony
Teams calling Sacramento about the #7 pick are being told it's already been moved. Problem is, no one knows to who, or for which player.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Biyombo! has buyout issues (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6696754)

Kstat
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
a minute ago he developed a sudden back issue, and now all of a sudden he has a surprise buyout issue :laugh: someone really wants him to fall badly

Biyombo has no issue. His team booted him for leaving them for the summit game last march. What, are they going to force him to come back and play for the coach that banned him from the team last season?

They just want to wring as many dollars out of this as they can, that's all. They won't get any money if he doesn't play in the NBA, so it will get settled.

BPump33
06-23-2011, 04:09 PM
We've got nothing in the way of a defensive/rebounding Big.

We've got a glut of mediocre/bad Wings.

I'd be thrilled if a Rush for Lopez swap could really happen? Can't imagine why Phoenix would do it though?

I was under the impression that Lopez had fallen out of favor there kind of like Rush has here. They are looking for defense from what I understand as well. Mainly I'm just spitballing waiting on the draft to start.

flox
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/SebastianPruiti/status/83990638735003649

RT @TasMelas: RT @teamziller: RT @GeryWoelfel: Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7

Kstat
06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Wonder if its Jennings or Bogut they'd be giving up.

aaronb
06-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I was under the impression that Lopez had fallen out of favor there kind of like Rush has here. They are looking for defense from what I understand as well. Mainly I'm just spitballing waiting on the draft to start.

Just looked up his stats. Not much in the way of production.

Still he'd fit the bill as a cheap backup post guy with some presumable upside? I'd deal Rush for him in a nanosecond.

The old trash for trash trade!

Gamble1
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
THats too high of a price for moving up a couple of spots in this draft. IT could be Sanders though.

wintermute
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Could be #10 + asset (Ersan?). It's only 3 spots

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:17 PM

probably Jennings but their isn't enough balls on one team for Evans and Jennings

BPump33
http://twitter.com/#!/SebastianPruiti/status/83990638735003649

RT @TasMelas: RT @teamziller: RT @GeryWoelfel: Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7

Bucks take K. Thompson, Kings take Jimmer?

Heisenberg
Nolan Smith and Michael Beasley lived together for 8 years. That stun anyone else? Couldn't get two more different personalities.

BPump33
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
WojYahooNBA

Milwaukee has a three-way deal with Charlotte and Sacramento, sources say.

Trophy
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Just saw MIL/CHA/SAC have a 3-way deal in place.

Interesting. I'm dying to know who or what's involved.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
WojYahooNBA

Milwaukee has a three-way deal with Charlotte and Sacramento, sources say.
What's it all mean!?

Gamble1
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Just saw MIL/CHA/SAC have a 3-way deal in place.

Interesting. I'm dying to know who or what's involved.
The kings can absorb some salary to make it work. Maybe Boguts involved.

PacerPenguins
COMON LARRY GET SOMETHING DONE!!!!!!!!!!

flox
This is insanity

Trophy
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Could be Stephen Jackson on the way out in Charlotte?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/161455/report-bobcats-and-bucks-in-serious-talks

The Bobcats and Bucks are in serious talks regarding draft picks and players, according to beat writer Rick Bonnell.
We don't have the particulars yet, but Bonnell suggests that the Bobcats could end up with the No. 10 pick and the Bucks with the No. 19 pick. Stephen Jackson and Corey Maggette could also be involved as they have similar contracts. It sounds like this one has some legs.

BPump33
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM

Patience, my friend. Patience. Long night ahead.

wintermute
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
This is insanity

Nah... this is Draft Night :D

PacerPenguins
Patience, my friend. Patience. Long night ahead.

i have no patience.... i just dont think hes gonna get anything done after all this hype

Gamble1
Could be Stephen Jackson on the way out in Charlotte?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/161455/report-bobcats-and-bucks-in-serious-talks
The Bucks already have a chucker in Magettee. I am not sure why they would want Jackson too.

90'sNBARocked
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
a minute ago he developed a sudden back issue, and now all of a sudden he has a surprise buyout issue :laugh: someone really wants him to fall badly

Biyombo has no issue. His team booted him for leaving them for the summit game last march. What, are they going to force him to come back and play for the coach that banned him from the team last season?

They just want to wring as many dollars out of this as they can, that's all. They won't get any money if he doesn't play in the NBA, so it will get settled.

Hey KSTAT

Rumor is you guys are really high on Tristian Thompson if you saty at 8 or Markieff Morris if you trade back

make sense?

Gamble1
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Is this a premature draftfrustation ????

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Since his name's come up, I have to mention that I hate Corey Maggette. What a cheap bum.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Is this a premature draftfrustation ????

yes

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Partial of deal: The Bucks get Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, sources say. Charlotte gets the 7th pick and Corey Maggette.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jack is a Buck **** that makes them a little better

Burks is all but a Bobcat now. I assume the Bucks give up #10 also

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Since his name's come up, I have to mention that I hate Corey Maggette. What a cheap bum.

Dude, you have issues. May I suggest you go to CM's web page and work things out. lol

flox
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/83994146880241664

Partial of deal: The Bucks get Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, sources say. Charlotte gets the 7th pick and Corey Maggette.

!?!?!?

RICH CHO

Trophy
Woj

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sounds like a fair deal. I prefer Charlotte's end (and I dont care to much for Magette either - but I dislike Jax much more).

Trophy
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
If that's the deal, Charlotte is going to be brutal next season.

I didn't think they had much going anyway, but getting the #7 pick is a small positive.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
That deal is....just stupid.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if jordan pulls outta this deal

BPump33
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
WojYahooNBA

Milwaukee's 10th overall pick goes to the Kings, source says.

chadfordinsider

The Bobcats get No. 7 pick from Sac. & Maggette. Kings will get John Salmons and the No. 10 pick.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:31 PM
If that's the deal, Charlotte is going to be brutal next season.

I didn't think they had much going anyway, but getting the #7 pick is a small positive.

There is still another side to the deal. But I love this for the Bobcats they are totally rebuilding the right way. Get value for Jack while you can Maggette contract is no biggie because they wont contend while he is here.

flox
Hearing Bobcats-Bucks-Kings deal includes Bucks get Beno Udrih and the No. 9 and 19 picks Bobcats.

http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider/status/83995300783587329

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/83995256323973120

pacer4ever
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
The Bobcats get No. 7 pick from Sac. & Maggette. Kings will get John Salmons and the No. 10 pick.

Hearing Bobcats-Bucks-Kings deal includes Bucks get Beno Udrih and the No. 9 and 19 picks Bobcats.
1 minute ago
Adrian Wojnarowski

1 minute ago

They have to be giving up Bogut or Jennings to the Kings most likley Jennings they are stealing if more isnt involved

conflicting reports are coming out so i don't know what to believe

BPump33
06-23-2011, 04:32 PM
OK, I quit. I'm waiting until it's announced.

Trophy
WojYahooNBA

So the Kings basically traded their 7th pick for to get the 10th pick straight up?

I would think they could've gotten some more out of that.

EDIT: Nevermind. Everything always changes once it's announced.

PacerPenguins
so the bucks get rid of salmons and maggete? here come BRUSH!

flox
So so far...

Bucks get: Beno, Jacks, Livingston 9, 19
Kings get: 10 +Salmons
Cats: 7, Mags

TY 2 pacer4ever for some info

Heisenberg
So Charlotte now has 7, 9, and 19?

Sparhawk
06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Ah man, that just makes me itch to hear about some Pacer trade.

:sweat:

Sparhawk

shiat.

wintermute
Chad is saying Bucks get #9, Woj says Bobcats keeping it. We'll see.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
bucks want marshon brooks and there not gonna get him at 19...

so maybe rush and 15th for 9?

CableKC
About that 3 way deal with Milwaukee, Charlotte and SacTown....I saw SJax going to Milwaukee....

WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski

7 minutes ago

This trade is a mess....as for "Bad Porn"...no one wants him and his overpaid contract.

wintermute

No, #19 goes to Bucks. Not sure about #9 yet

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:36 PM
so the bucks get rid of salmons and maggete? here come BRUSH!

and get Jax they aren't trading for Rush now

flox
06-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Ugh i don't understand how the bucks end up with 9 and 19...that has to be a mistake.

Daniel33
06-23-2011, 04:38 PM
The Bucks, Kings and Bobcats have a three-way trade, sources have confirmed.

Milwaukee will acquire Stephen Jackson and Shaun Livingston.

Charlotte will acquire the No. 7 overall pick as well as Corey Maggette. They will keep their own pick, the No. 9 overall selection.

Sacramento will acquire the No. 10 overall pick from Milwaukee, as well as John Salmons.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214305/Bucks_Kings_Bobcats_Have_Three_Way_Trade#ixzz1Q8Lo tm1K

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:39 PM
The Bucks, Kings and Bobcats have a three-way trade, sources have confirmed.

Milwaukee will acquire Stephen Jackson and Shaun Livingston.

Charlotte will acquire the No. 7 overall pick as well as Corey Maggette. They will keep their own pick, the No. 9 overall selection.

Sacramento will acquire the No. 10 overall pick from Milwaukee, as well as John Salmons.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214305/Bucks_Kings_Bobcats_Have_Three_Way_Trade#ixzz1Q8Lo tm1K

eww y would the bucks do that? theyre worried about jennings throwing up wild shots just wait till they get a look a Jax

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Don't like it for the Bucks, but Charlotte and Sacramento get good deals. I think the Kings take Jimmer at 10. 8 was kinda early for him, but 10 seems good.

Lance George
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Jennings and Jackson: Brick City.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 04:41 PM
This trade sucks :unimpressed

Targaflorio
06-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Sac traded #7 and Udrih for #10 and Salmons. I don't really get. Are they saving money by doing this?

croz24
so the bobcats take thompson at #7... wonder what they'd desire in return from us for the #9? i wouldn't be opposed to dealing next year's first for the #9.

cdash
eww y would the bucks do that? theyre worried about jennings throwing up wild shots just wait till they get a look a Jax

As if Maggette is any better.

Daniel33
Charlotte is the flat out winner of this trade. they get 2 nice young pieces in the draft and like cho said he's a friend of getting as much assets as possible. Milwaukee just gets rid of salmons who hasnt played a good season last year and replaces him with a chucker. they also lose a pick in the lottery and get a pg who is 3rd string. wow nice job by charlotte.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Sac traded #7 and Udrih for #10 and Salmons. I don't really get. Are they saving money by doing this?

yea udrih's contract is terrible

wintermute
So at #7, Cats take T. Thompson (Kstat will be happy)
#10, Kings take Jimmer
#19, Bucks take Brooks

?

Seems to make sense anyway

Kstat
I would really hate it if the Bobcats stole Biyombo from us at #7. Hoping they take Thompson.

IndyHoya
No, #19 goes to Bucks. Not sure about #9 yet

Jordan inaugurating a youth program? I think the Bucks and the Bobcats both got weaker.

tfarks
Someone with a nice summary? Im a little lost.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 04:44 PM
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Corrected deal: Bucks get Beno, Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston & 19. Bobcats get pick 7 & Maggette. Kings get 10 & John Salmons.
3 minutes ago

good trade for the bobkittes they get to keep 9 and get 7

DGPR
06-23-2011, 04:44 PM
And this trade shows why the Bucks, Bobcats, and Kings will always be in lottery land.

Daniel33
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
#19, Bucks take Brooks

gone at #15 ;)

PacerPenguins
So at #7, Cats take T. Thompson (Kstat will be happy)
#10, Kings take Jimmer
#19, Bucks take Brooks

?

Seems to make sense anyway

i bet we take brooks unless kemba or biyombo fall or if we trade our pick

xBulletproof
This trade is good for Charlotte, sucks for the others.

Quite the opposite, I believe. Salmons has a longer contract.

*EDIT* Salmons is owed 25 million over 3 years. Udrih is owed 15 over 2.

Trophy
The Bobcats are a huge question mark.

I really don't know what to say about them. We'll see how they do in the future, but for now, I don't see how they can be any better.

90'sNBARocked
And Pacers do................................................ ................................

NOTHING

pacer4ever
Jordan inaugurating a youth program? I think the Bucks and the Bobcats both got weaker.

I like what the Bucks did Stephen Jackson is a upgrade over Salmons and Beno is the best pg on their roster now IMO. And they dumped god awful Corey Maggette.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Nope. Salmons makes like $1.5 mil more

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Remember guys, the bucks are a "45-50 win team next year"

DGPR
06-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Hopefully this trade breaks the proverbial flood gate.

90'sNBARocked
06-23-2011, 04:47 PM

If we combine two season, then yes

graphic-er
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
And Pacers do................................................ ................................

NOTHING

David Morway not getting any deals done for the Pacers!

cdash

NOTHING

Those jerks! WTF are they doing?!? They weren't involved in the FIRST trade of draft day??? Slackers!!!

CableKC
Nope. Salmons makes like $1.5 mil more
My guess is that the Kings had Salmons a few years back and the Organization wants him back.

We konw that the Kings are looking for an upgrade to their Wing rotation ( hence the rumors about Leonard or Vesely going to the Kings at #7 ). Now they get an upgrade and still have a chance to draft Jimmer at #10.

Targaflorio
This trade is good for Charlotte, sucks for the others.

Quite the opposite, I believe. Salmons has a longer contract.

You're right, Salmons contract has an extra guaranteed year. Now i'm really confused why Sac did this.

pacer4ever

it is possible if Bogut is healthy

I mean they won 46 Jennings rookie year.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 04:50 PM

NOTHING

Well they are going to draft somebody today
;)

xBulletproof
I don't even care if the Pacers make a deal today, honestly. Some people are going to jump off a bridge, but we don't have cap space to absorb contracts or be creative until after the lockout.

I didn't wait all this time just to see them make a deal just to make one. It better be damn good.

HC
I honestly believe that the majority of the crap we hear about are deals that have fallen through. I'm actually somewhat pleased and optimistic that we haven't heard about the Pacers yet.

graphic-er
You're right, Salmons contract has an extra guaranteed year. Now i'm really confused why Sac did this.

Especialy when they have the Israeli kid and Garcia there too.

Heisenberg
People are upset we weren't involved in that crapfest of a trade?

pacer4ever

They need a SF and will proablly play him their.

Honestly they should of done Tony Parker and Jefferson for #7. That would fit both their needs. Now they need a pg desperately.

ilive4sports
My guess is that the Kings had Salmons a few years back and the Organization wants him back.

We konw that the Kings are looking for an upgrade to their Wing rotation ( hence the rumors about Leonard or Vesely going to the Kings at #7 ). Now they get an upgrade and still have a chance to draft Jimmer at #10.

Thats what I think too. Gonna check in on the local sports radio here in a minute to see what they are saying. They want Jimmer I think. And they need to trade Beno to clear room for him and they get Salmons who is a decent wing in return. And the salary doesn't matter too much as they have a ton of cap room

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Well they are going to draft somebody today
;)

yea hopefully not ur butt buddy markieff :p

graphic-er
06-23-2011, 04:53 PM
They need a SF and will proablly play him their.

Honestly they should of done Tony Parker and Jefferson for #7. That would fit both their needs. Now they need a pg desperately.

They are gonna take Jimmer or Kemba most likely

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 04:53 PM
yea hopefully not ur butt buddy markieff :p

Why don't you want Markieff?

graphic-er
06-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Why don't you want Markieff?

If we are going to get a big guy i'd rather trade back and get the guy from USC.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 04:56 PM
i cant wait another 2 1/2 hours!!

flox
06-23-2011, 04:56 PM

They would have been minus injuries.

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 04:57 PM
So... Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard at 7 and 9? Kings take Jimmer at 10. Bucks take Brooks at 19. Shouldn't shake out the mock draft much. I think Marshon Brooks is a clear smokescreen.