PDA

View Full Version : Rumor/Twitter thread?

Pages : 1 [2]

cdash
06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
They would have been minus injuries.

I thank you because you didn't say, "They would of been..." I am seeing that way too much for my liking around here. Sorry, pet peeves.

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
If we are going to get a big guy i'd rather trade back and get the guy from USC.

That guy from USC (Vucevic?) will be long gone before we pick. Bird would need to move up not back. BTW - I like him too. Would be great if he falls to us.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I thank you because you didn't say, "They would of been..." I am seeing that way too much for my liking around here. Sorry, pet peeves.

i would of thanked this post but i didnt feel like it

xBulletproof
That guy from USC (Vucevic?) will be long gone before we pick. Bird would need to move up not back. BTW - I like him too. Would be great if he falls to us.

I don't think I've seen a single mock draft where he isn't available, until today.

blanket
So... Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard at 7 and 9? Kings take Jimmer at 10. Bucks take Brooks at 19. Shouldn't shake out the mock draft much. I think Marshon Brooks is a clear smokescreen.

Yes, my thoughts as well.

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't think I've seen a single mock draft where he isn't available.

Chad Ford had him going to Houston at #14 in a few iterations of his mock.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
rumor is the Bobcats moved up to #7 for Thompson. I'd jump for joy if that were the case. I want Biyombo.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
If we are going to get a big guy i'd rather trade back and get the guy from USC.

i agree i love his game very underrated

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think I've seen a single mock draft where he isn't available.

I have seen a couple but dont remember where at this time. But conventional wisdom does suggest that a 7'0 with an NBA ready body (260lb), can shoot the 3-ball, will not last until 15. They never have in the history of the draft. Maybe this one is so deep and filled with superstars it will happen. Dont be surprised if he is not better than Kanter!

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
i agree i love his game very underrated

If we get him at 15, we have the steal of the draft. No way 14 GM's are stupid enough to let him slide. I have not seen Kanter, but if he is a lot better than Vucevic, the Cav's are making a big mistake taking Irving.

yoadknux
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Remember guys, the bucks are a "45-50 win team next year"
Uh, their starters are at least as good as ours right now

JB24
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
rumor is the Bobcats moved up to #7 for Thompson. I'd jump for joy if that were the case. I want Biyombo.

Hasn't he (Biyombo) been linked to Toronto for the past few days?

Targaflorio
06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Probballdraft:

"Sacramento not done dealing. Look for them to deal 10 & salmons for tony Parker and Richard Jefferson"

Now this is starting to make sense for the Kings if true

Kstat
Toronto seems to be trying to deal their pick, I believe.

ECKrueger
From Twitter:

"Kings got older, worse, more expensive AND downgraded their draft pick in one trade. Impressive."

haha

CableKC
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
gone at #15 ;)
They dont need Brooks anymore. The only reason why the Bucks wanted Brooks in the first place was because they wanted some scoring.

With SJax, they not only get a ball dominant Wing Player...they get one that can score and defend at the same time.

I heard that not only does the Bucks get that deal.....the Bobcats agreed to send a whole case of Tylonol to Skiles once he starts getting headaches dealing with SJax and his penchant for arguing with Refs on the other end of the floor while the rest of the team rushes back on the defensive end.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Probballdraft:

"Sacramento not done dealing. Look for them to deal 10 & salmons for tony Parker and Richard Jefferson"

this is more like it this would make the Kings much better

xBulletproof
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
But conventional wisdom does suggest that a 7'0 with an NBA ready body (260lb), can shoot the 3-ball, will not last until 15. They never have in the history of the draft. Maybe this one is so deep and filled with superstars it will happen.

Never in the history of the draft, huh? Ever heard of Brad Miller?

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
From Twitter:

"Kings got older, worse, more expensive AND downgraded their draft pick in one trade. Impressive."

haha

Except if they draft Jimmer, they need to dump Beno and getting Salmons for him is good.

Kstat
06-23-2011, 05:12 PM
This deal has "Jimmer" written all over it from Sac's perspective. They know nobody is a threat to steal him from them until Utah at #12, and they don't have the balls to draft him 3rd.

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
They dont need Brooks anymore. The only reason why the Bucks wanted Brooks in the first place was because they wanted some scoring.

With SJax, they not only get a ball dominant Wing Player...they get one that can score and defend at the same time.

I heard that not only does the Bucks get that deal.....the Bobcats agreed to send a whole case of Tylonol to Skiles once he starts getting headaches dealing with SJax and his penchant for arguing with Refs on the other end of the floor while the rest of the team rushes back on the defensive end.

Isn't that what Maggette was too?

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:14 PM
This deal has "Jimmer" written all over it from Sac's perspective. They know nobody is a threat to steal him from them until Utah at #12, and they don't have the balls to draft him 3rd.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Unfortunately this computer sucks and doesn't want to stream the local radio right now.

pacer4ever

but Magette sucked :laugh: (he really has gotten terrible the past few seasons and he cant shoot Jax can)

JB24
Is this guy reliable?

@Probballdraft
Probasketballdraft
Sacramento not done dealing. Look for them to deal 10 & salmons for tony Parker and Richard Jefferson

http://twitter.com/#!/Probballdraft

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:15 PM

I think thats what he is saying. Maggette is also a ball dominant wing player, but SJax can defend while Maggette can't.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Is this guy reliable?

http://twitter.com/#!/Probballdraft

Well I'd assume that a Spurs/Kings trade would probably take place after the draft if the Spurs get what they want at 10, we'll find out if the Kings take Jimmer or not, I can't see Jimmer being a Popovich kind of guy.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Probballdraft:

Listening to SacTown radio, it would seem that they are ready to make the next jump to "win now" mode. As mentioned, they were looking to upgrade their SF spot...and I guess RJeff fits that bill while getting a PG like Tony Parker?

Not bad.

I can tell you that if this goes through....that would put the Pacers in a good position in terms of Salary Cap situation in 2011-2012. The Kings were one of the few Teams that can match us when it comes to eating up capspace.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Well I'd assume that a Spurs/Kings trade would probably take place after the draft if the Spurs get what they want at 10, we'll find out if the Kings take Jimmer or not, I can't see Jimmer being a Popovich kind of guy.

If the Kings take Jimmer, they are keeping Jimmer, they really like him.

Looks like Kemba is falling too. If he is there are 15, we have to take him.

Lance George
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
They would have been minus injuries.

What was Milwaukee's record with a Bogut, Jennings and Maggette all in the lineup?

Answer: 14-23, a winning percentage (.378) that extrapolates to 31-51 over an 82-game schedule, worse than their actual finish of 35-47.

Healthy or not, Milwaukee blows.

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
from pacers chat on pacers.com

mike:
u see the pacers making a trade?? the suspense is killing me

Thursday June 23, 2011 5:24
Conrad Brunner: No hot rumors involving Indy but they're in a strong position to make a deal so it wouldn't come as a surprise.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
from pacers chat on pacers.com

mike:
u see the pacers making a trade?? the suspense is killing me

Thursday June 23, 2011 5:24
Conrad Brunner: No hot rumors involving Indy but they're in a strong position to make a deal so it wouldn't come as a surprise.

Nice answer that just says absolutely nothing.

Sookie
06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
If the Kings take Jimmer, they are keeping Jimmer, they really like him.

Looks like Kemba is falling too. If he is there are 15, we have to take him.

I think Charlotte's going to take Kemba now..they just traded their backup point guard (right?), for about the place Kemba is supposed to get drafted.

90'sNBARocked
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Those jerks! WTF are they doing?!? They weren't involved in the FIRST trade of draft day??? Slackers!!!

I understand the saracsm

but after three years of "almost"

I expect there will be nothing and then the line of "nothing out there to make us better"

Lance George
06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Wasn't there talk a while back of just how much Jordan loved Kemba Walker?

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I think Charlotte's going to take Kemba now..they just traded their backup point guard (right?), for about the place Kemba is supposed to get drafted.

Maybe. I just saw Chad Ford say he thinks the Kings will take Jimmer over Kemba at 10 so I figured Charlotte was looking else where. Or maybe Jordan will turn into Kahn and take both Kemba and Jimmer.

NewEra
06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
We got shaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RLeWorm
Kemba Walker will be a better player than people think

ilive4sports
I understand the saracsm

but after three years of "almost"

I expect there will be nothing and then the line of "nothing out there to make us better"

I'd be willing to be just about every team, every draft, is at the "almost" point of making a trade on draft day.

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM

I doubt it. They're still high on DJ Augustin who played very well the second half of last season.

I think they're going to draft a Big at 7 and a SG/SF with 10. My guess is Tristan Thompson or Biyombo at 7 and Burks or Klay Thompson with the 10th pick.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Kemba Walker will be a better player than people think

Couldn't agree more. I really like him.

naptownmenace
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
We got shaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? :confused:

Twitter or Rumor link?

flox
06-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Probballdraft:

I think this might be just wishful thinking. But it would make sense, the Salmons contract would make Jefferson's easier to swallow.

edit: This also makes sense, by clearing Beno they can easily make parker a lead guard. A Parker/Thornton/Evans backcourt is deadly.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Chad Ford Mock draft 7.3 should be up soon. He has kings taking Jimmer at 10

90'sNBARocked
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd be willing to be just about every team, every draft, is at the "almost" point of making a trade on draft day.

its just frustrating to me that year after year a player who could have really helped the Pacers and he gets traded to another team with no report of us at least attempting to get in the mix

could it have happened and we dont know? sure

but I doubt it

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Never in the history of the draft, huh? Ever heard of Brad Miller?

Miller was not NBA ready when he came. He worked into it. He was so good that Chicago discarded him.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I think this might be just wishful thinking. But it would make sense, the Salmons contract would make Jefferson's easier to swallow.

edit: This also makes sense, by clearing Beno they can easily make parker a lead guard. A Parker/Thornton/Evans backcourt is deadly.

I don't think its gonna happen. Ford hasn't said a thing about it and has the Kings thinking Jimmer.

flox
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't think its gonna happen. Ford hasn't said a thing about it and has the Kings thinking Jimmer.

I don't think its going to happen either. But if the Kings do pull this one off that would be quite a scary team

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
its just frustrating to me that year after year a player who could have really helped the Pacers and he gets traded to another team with no report of us at least attempting to get in the mix

could it have happened and we dont know? sure

but I doubt it

I don't. I would be surprised if we weren't in on the talks of trades. Draft night is crazy, everyone is calling everyone else.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think its going to happen either. But if the Kings do pull this one off that would be quite a scary team

They would improve drastically. Evans gets a lot of hate around here, but he is pretty damn good. Seeing him in person, he went point for point with the beloved EJ. And if Cousins behaves he will pan out to be very good. and RJeff is way better than anyone who played sf for the Kings last year. I'm gonna go to quite a bit of Kings games this year I think, regardless of the roster.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Do I even want to listen to Jay Bilas talk about the draft on PTI? He is terrible

PacersHomer
What? :confused:

Twitter or Rumor link?

Wells tweeted it.

Speed
Chad Ford Mock draft 7.3 should be up soon. He has kings taking Jimmer at 10

What did 7.2 say, i missed a version?!?!

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
What did 7.2 say, i missed a version?!?!

He was wrong. It's 7.2 that's about to come out. Ford said 7.3 will be up just before the draft.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
He was wrong. It's 7.2 that's about to come out. Ford said 7.3 will be up just before the draft.

Yeah sorry, typo on my part.

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Spears on twitter: Kemba Walker has a minor knee injury that may be causing him to drop:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1822/kemba-walker

drop to 15?

:pray:

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Spears on twitter: Kimba Walker has a minor knee injury that may be causing him to drop:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1822/kemba-walker

drop to 15?

:pray:

Sounds like Danny Granger to me

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really want Kemba?

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm with you on this one ;)...... I feel dirty now :)

flox

No. Count me in that boat as well

xBulletproof
Miller was not NBA ready when he

came. He worked into it. He was so good that Chicago discarded him.

You're clueless. Miller was averaging 13 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists as Chicago's starting center. Giving up Miller was the cost of taking on Ron Artest's crazy.

Even as an undrafted player Miller was playing in his rookie year before the All Star weekend, and didn't stop after that. Discarded? :laugh:

wintermute
06-23-2011, 05:53 PM
What's wrong with Kemba? Would love it if we get him.

flox
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM

what? how does a cdash-flox-vnzla coalition work? that makes no sense.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
What's wrong with Kemba? Would love it if we get him.

He is as big as DC, no thanks.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 05:56 PM

Yet was able to lead UCONN through the Big East and NCAA tournament like a boss.

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
so we'd prefer someone bigger who can't play?

wintermute

Trade DC then :-p

xBulletproof

Add me in there too, if you'd like to be even more confused.

vnzla81
Yet was able to lead UCONN through the Big East and NCAA tournament like a boss.

Meh

Ozwalt72
06-23-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't particularly want Kemba, but if he is there at 15 you draft him and trade Collison, or you trade that pick....because the value of it just increased.

cdash
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Truly the shocker of draft day :laugh:

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Meh

yet if Jimmer would of done it you would be on his nuts

and Kemba is the best defensive pg in this draft

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 06:00 PM
trade Kemba to Atlanta with James Posey for josh smith if they want Kemba.m

flox
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Add me in there too, if you'd like to be even more confused.

Now I'm super confused. :laugh: I think I'll want to save this thread for future reference.

cdash
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
\
and Kemba is the best defensive pg in this draft

I call BS on that. Even if he wasn't in college, Brandon Knight will be a superier pro defender.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
That's one of the signs of the apocolypse if you ask me....

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Meh

Meh? Kyrie Irving, who will go number one and had better players around him didn't do it.

Seriously, it was one of the best runs I've ever seen on college basketball and its pretty much forgotten about now that the draft is here. It happens every year. Measurements and individual workouts cause players who didn't do as much in college to rise up because of their "potential" and guys like Kemba fall.

flox
06-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I call BS on that. Even if he wasn't in college, Brandon Knight will be a superier pro defender.

Agreed. And Shumpert has the tools to be better than all of them.

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 06:05 PM

maybe in a few years but next year i would take Kemba. Brandon is a project IMO especially on offense at pg. Iman Shumpert might be better but he will be a SG IMO. It is just my opinion obviously Brandon is gifted physically but so is Drose and he doesn't defend. I bet he will play defense but i am more confident in Kemba as of right now.

Kemba will be like Lindsey Hunter IMO

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 06:07 PM

I would not be surprised if BKnight turns out to be the best pg in this draft. I hate saying anything good about Kentucky!

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
I think we are going to make a trade this year.

GizzyStardust
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
If Kemba Walker falls to #15, you take him and run.

A.B.Hollywood
06-23-2011, 06:12 PM
If Kemba is there at 10-12 we need to offer Rush +15 to get there ASAP.

Dude is a lockdown defender at the PG position, has great court vision and is a finisher who can create his own shot. Last I checked those are all needs for our Pacers.

Although a bit different in their game this situation reminds me a lot of Ty lawson. A vet PG who everyone passed on because of potential and not actual production. And Ty is about to become an All Star PG in this league.

I'd LOVE Burks but I would do cartwheels for Kemba. Make it happen Larry!

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
I think we are going to make a trade this year.

wat kind of trade and with who?

cdash
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
If Kemba is there at 10-12 we need to offer Rush +15 to get there ASAP.

Dude is a lockdown defender at the PG position, has great court vision and is a finisher who can create his own shot. Last I checked those are all needs for our Pacers.

Although a bit different in their game this situation reminds me a lot of Ty lawson. A vet PG who everyone passed on because of potential and not actual production. And Ty is about to become an All Star PG in this league.

I'd LOVE Burks but I would do cartwheels for Kemba. Make it happen Larry!

Oh yeah?

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
wat kind of trade and with who?

No idea honestly. Its just so quiet, pretty much every where. I think Rush is the most likely to go.

Sookie
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM

There is no point in having him and DC on the same team. Same player. Kemba's just a bit tinier..and a better defender.

If he's there at 15, you take him and run..and try and trade one of them.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
There is no point in having him and DC on the same team. Same player. Kemba's just a bit tinier..and a better defender.

If he's there at 15, you take him and run..and try and trade one of them.

I think Kemba is a better scorer, passer, better vision and defender. DC is a better shooter though.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Kemba is the best defensive pg in this draft

He would try to be the best defensive pg but his height is not going to let him, man I think I know a point guard or point guards that have the same problem ............................

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Kemba really slides to 15, ATL needs a PG (unless they're REALLY sold on Teague)...Josh Smith's on the block...I'm just sayin

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:19 PM
He would try to be the best defensive pg but his height is not going to let him, man I think I know a point guard or point guards that have the same problem ............................

DC's biggest problem on defense isn't even his size, its his lack of lateral quickness that doesn't allow him to stay in front of his man. Kemba is much better in that area.

asmithxc
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I think Kemba is a better scorer, passer, better vision and defender. DC is a better shooter though.

Yeah. Other than height and position, they aren't that similar. Not sure what Kemba will become, but it won't be a DC clone.

tfarks
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Kemba really slides to 15, ATL needs a PG (unless they're REALLY sold on Teague)...Josh Smith's on the block...I'm just sayin

That would be rather interesting wouldn't it?

pacer4ever
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM

lol no way they trade Smoove for just #15

I think Teague is good enough they do have Kirk Hinrich he was just injured during their final series.

A.B.Hollywood
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah?

Yes, Ty Lawson is absolutely about to become an All Star. The only need here is for them to deal Felton (which it appears will happen).

He averaged 14.7 points, 6.7 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 3's as a starter last season and did so only taking 10 shots per game. Dude is crazy efficient. The Nuggets apparently are taking off the training wheels and the freedom to find his shot more plus the move of Felton means you have a star here just waiting to happen.

I was never a huge Lawson fan but after watching him late last season I am one hell of a believer now.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
lol no way they trade Smoove for just #15

I think Teague is good enough they do have Kirk Hinrich he was just injured during their final series.

Yeah it will take more thank Kemba to get Smith. Not sure who we could send with him to do it. Unless Atlanta just wants to shed salary, but we can't even do a lopsided trade right now because of the way the CBA is now.

tfarks
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
He didn't say what the trade would entail.

Atl needs to shake things up. They're not winning with what they got and they have too many big contracts. Something has to give.

Sookie
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM

During Kemba's sophomore year, Kemba was pretty much an identical player to DC this year.

What happened? He calmed down, and got more under control. Which is, IMO, DC's biggest problem. It's a growing up thing. It's also most likely going to be a problem for Kemba when he gets into the league.

Kemba has better moves, but I think DC cuts better..although they are both pretty similar in terms of moving without the ball. I do think Kemba's got a higher bball IQ. And if you have to pick one, I'd take Kemba, personally..although I can't help but feel there's some bias there. ;)

But overall..extremely similar players. Kemba has flashier passes, I'm not sure his vision is better..and it won't be once he gets to the NBA, until, like I said, he adjusts. (He's tiny..in case you haven't noticed..harder to see..) He's definitely a better defender though. And as you said, DC's biggest issue is lateral quickness, not height. Kemba will be a pesk on defense. And DC is a better shooter right now.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
DC's biggest problem on defense isn't even his size, its his lack of lateral quickness that doesn't allow him to stay in front of his man. Kemba is much better in that area.

Size is one of his biggest problems, I agree that lateral quickness is another one.

cdash
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes, Ty Lawson is absolutely about to become an All Star. The only need here is for them to deal Felton (which it appears will happen).

He averaged 14.7 points, 6.7 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 3's as a starter last season and did so only taking 10 shots per game. Dude is crazy efficient. The Nuggets apparently are taking off the training wheels and the freedom to find his shot more plus the move of Felton means you have a star here just waiting to happen.

I was never a huge Lawson fan but after watching him late last season I am one hell of a believer now.

Who is he making it over? Paul, Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Curry...all ahead of him, easily.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Size is one of his biggest problems, I agree that lateral quickness is another one.

Size is a problem when they want to take him into the post, but they don't even worry about doing that when they just beat him off the dribble.

Really?
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Where do you guys get Kemba being a good defensive player from?

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Who is he making it over? Paul, Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Curry...all ahead of him, easily.

Well Nash and Parker are on the decline. Still good, but on the decline. I'd say Curry and Lawson are about even.

I have no idea if Lawson will be an all star though.

A.B.Hollywood
06-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Paul and Westbrook are the guys guaranteed a spot. The only other guy to really compete with him over these next couple years is Curry which I agree is a reasonable point for sure.

But with Deron gone and the freedom he'll have this will happen if not next season but within the next 2 or 3. Nash, Parker and Kidd are not ahead of him at the All Star break next season IMO and are only declining from here (not to mention they are likely/potentially to be traded).

The guy is a few more shots and minutes away from a 20 point/8 assist/ 6 rebound type season.

cdash
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Paul and Westbrook are the guys guaranteed a spot. The only other guy to really compete with him over these next couple years is Curry which I agree is a reasonable point for sure.

But with Deron gone and the freedom he'll have this will happen if not next season but within the next 2 or 3. Nash, Parker and Kidd are not ahead of him at the All Star break next season IMO and are only declining from here (not to mention they are likely/potentially to be traded).

The guy is a few more shots and minutes away from a 20 point/8 assist/ 6 rebound type season.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lawson, but I just don't think he will ever play in an All-Star game.

Sookie
06-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Where do you guys get Kemba being a good defensive player from?

I've watched him for three years, he's pretty good defensively. His freshman year he was the best perimeter defender on the team, which is saying something because Austrie, Dyson, and AJ were all pretty good.

His sophomore season..I'm not going to get into that too much.

This past year, he had to do so much offensively, he gave in a little defensively, but he was still pretty good. Although Napier was actually probably better.

He's a high energy guy with quick hands and very good lateral quickness. He'll be a pain in the butt to whoever he's guarding.

Really?
06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Hopefully I am not too late... but heard the Bulls have made a trade with the Charlotte and plan on taking Brooks....

This could turn out as a horrible draft for us if we take the wrong 2guard and Chicago gets the one that turns out to be something... that would hurt... badly

Psyren
06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Hopefully I am not too late... but heard the Bulls have made a trade with the Charlotte and plan on taking Brooks....

This could turn out as a horrible draft for us if we take the wrong 2guard and Chicago gets the one that turns out to be something... that would hurt... badly

Well then we could only hope that Burks somehow falls.

Really?
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Well then we could only hope that Burks somehow falls.

This at the 19th pick not the one in the lottery...:/

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
conrad said 30 - 40 % pacers make a trade tonight

Psyren
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM

The way things are looking, if we really want one of the 2 guards in this draft, we better start moving up.

RLeWorm
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM

most likely a trade to move up though. I want a blockbuster deal

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Ford just said Jazz are trying to move up to 8 to get Jimmer. Could screw things up for Sacramento big time.

EDIT: and now he tweets that it looks like talks have failed.

pwee31
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Ford just said Jazz are trying to move up to 8 to get Jimmer. Could screw things up for Sacramento big time.

Yeah, Jimmer is the target of everyone. I said a few weeks ago he'll end up out of the Pacers range by draft night, just like Stephen Curry started climbing and ended up #7.

Jimmer isn't dropping past #10. Gotta get to #8 or #9 for him. Kings trade could make Jazz 2nd guess Kanter at #3, or perhaps hope Kemba Walker falls to #12

Whtwudusay
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Channel 2 (ABC) in Atlanta is reporting the Hawks are in talks with Minny to trade Josh Smith for the #2 and pick Kanter.

It was on the 6:30 edition of the news, so I don't have a link or anything. Said it's just talks.

Heisenberg
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Did Jared Wade's Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/8pts9secs)get hacked?

Asking about Salmons in Indy, retweeting stuff about Granger for Salmons + 10

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 07:01 PM

I certainly hope so, that sounds terrible

pwee31
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
One interesting tidbit is that Raptors might take Biyombo #5 when means Brandon Knight could drop to mid to late lottery. Does that push Kemba down? As I think Jimmer is a lock at #10 unless someone trades ahead of Kings

pwee31
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

All he did was retweet "Whoa" to someone's trade proposal

Sparhawk
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Bwahahahaha like that would ever happen.

vnzla81
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Horrible

CableKC
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
One interesting tidbit is that Raptors might take Biyombo #5 when means Brandon Knight could drop to mid to late lottery. Does that push Kemba down? As I think Jimmer is a lock at #10 unless someone trades ahead of Kings
Who has the 7th, 8th and 9th picks now?

I've lost track.

I don't see Brandon Knight falling past the Suns. Jazz would be stupid to pick Jimmer over Brandon Knight.

ilive4sports
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Who has the 7th, 8th and 9th picks now?

I've lost track.

I don't see Brandon Knight falling past the Suns. Jazz would be stupid to pick Jimmer over Brandon Knight.

7. Charlotte
8. Detroit
9. Charlotte

troyc11a
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Horrible

There has got to be more than #10 and Salmons for Granger.
PG could get to be the regular SF. But is Salmons a better/tougher defender than Granger? Does he fit the tough, smashed-mouth approach Vogel wants? IF he does, there could be something to it. I honestly dont remember seeing Salmons play.
Is Milwaukee wanting to dump salary? If so, another big contract could be involved if the Pacers make it a 4 team deal!