PDA

View Full Version : The official Predict Who do you think the Pacers are drafting this week

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
I predict that the Pacers would draft a big and his name is Markieff Morris, who do you think the Pacers are drafting?

PacerPenguins
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
A

EDIT: aww he fixed it :( ............ i say we draft Jimmer or markeiff

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
C

CableKC
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
E

Ozwalt72
06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I want Burks, Singleton or Biyombo.

Please, stay away from Marshon brooks....

Prediction: Jimmer drops to us

I Love P
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Stop saying Markieff Morris...I'll start a riot at the draft party. I'll say Burks.

PacerPenguins
06-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I want Burks, Singleton or Biyombo.

Please, stay away from Marshon brooks....

Prediction: Jimmer drops to us

:iagree:

I Love P
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll be happy with any of these four:

Tristan Thompson
Klay Thompson
Alec Burks
Chris Singleton

CableKC
06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Do we want to make this the "Official Who does the Pacers draft thread?" since we are 1.5 days away from the draft and a break in our perpetual boredom that is referred to as the Offseason?

If so, I say that everyone lists their top 3 1st round draft picks that you think the Pacers will likely draft since ( in this draft ) there is a good chance that your top 2 will be gone given the uncertainty of who will pick who.

1A - Jimmer Fredette
1B - Klay Thompson or Alec Burks
1C - Markieff Morris

In the end, I agree with vnzla81. My guess is that Jimmer is top choice of Bird...but since I think that he will be off the board at #15 and I think that a top notch Guard like Klay and Alec Burks will be gone...and anyone that I'd prefer ( like Singleton ) will be gone...leaving who I think that Bird is referring to when he thinks that the Player that they are targetting will likely be on board...Markieff Morris.

NOTE - I know that this is similar to the other "Who do you want to draft" thread...but my opinion of who we should and will likely draft has changed in the last day or two.

I'd be happy with Biyombo and Singleton as well...but my guess is that Biyombo goes to the Warriors or Pistons....and Singleton goes to the Warriors or Jazz.

Sparhawk
I'm going to say Markieff Morris. I just don't think Jimmer will last.

Who I want:
Biyombo, Singleton or Tristan Thompson (none likely to last)
I've really cooled off on Brooks, but wouldn't hate the pick

Who I hope we draft at some point:
Reggie Jackson

Pacersalltheway10
Jeremy Tyler, Reggie Jackson, Malcom Lee

BoomBaby33
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Klay Thompson is who tptb is targeting i believe.

The other 3 that LB has on hos radar is Marshon, Alec, and Faried.

CableKC
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Stop saying Markieff Morris...I'll start a riot at the draft party. I'll say Burks.
Markieff Morris....:D

PaceBalls
06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Derrick Williams :)
git r done Larry!

DrFife
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I predict that something wacky will happen, selection-wise, during the lottery, motivating a team further down (or without a first-rounder) to trade with us. Why not predict what I'm hoping for: a trade for a vet & a pick further down?

EDIT: And if we do trade down--just a bit, because he's not really a "reach" at 15--the guy I most want is actually a "non-sexy" choice: Nikola Vucevic (C/PF). Athletic he's not, nor a big banger, but he's got great footwork, great size and has nice scoring potential both inside and out. If we could land him, we could forget about finding a Player X 4-5 and instead just focus on a low-post scoring 4.

PacerPenguins
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
3:29
Comment From mike
thorpe who do the pacers draft??

3:29

Coach Thorpe: No clue. But I better learn fast-doing espn radio Indy in an hour.

Hicks
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
In order of availability: Thompson (the big man), Jimmer, Markieff.

RWB
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
My choice from the begining Klay Thompson. Second round will see Mack given an opportunity to play for the Ps.

Speed
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Markieff Morris, but at 17 after trading with the Knicks who take Jimmer at 15.

Trophy
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm beginning to really think it will be Markieff.

Ever since the Dale comparisons, I've been very interested in looking more into what he has to bring.

He's able to shoot the ball well and score inside and plays defense like a big man should.

Of course if Jimmer is there, Bird is more than likely taking him, but that will most likely not happen.

I also like Jordan Hamilton. He's a wing that can create for himself. Bird's been targeting a player like that when he tried to get Mayo.

duke dynamite
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Just like every year I told Roaming Gnome and no one else.

pacer4ever
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
unfortunately Larry i believe is gonna reach on an athletic big and take Tristan Thompson or Bismack if available

pacer4ever
06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Markieff Morris, but at 17 after trading with the Knicks who take Jimmer at 15.

Jimmer is going to the Kings!!

Major Cold
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Klay Tompkins

BornReady
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
marshon brooks
keith benson

SMosley21
06-21-2011, 04:13 PM
We're trading the 15th pick. No idea what we're getting in return but I predict we won't be drafting in the 15th spot.

Kraut N Beer
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
A) Jordan Hamilton (too much upside and athleticism to pass)
B) trade down for a veteran big plus a lower draft pick
C) trade down and grab Nikola Vucevic

Dr. Awesome
06-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Sadly, I think the Pacers will take Fredette.

I would love Biyombo, Singleton, Burks, T Thompson, K Thompson, or Shumpert though.

xBulletproof
06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
For the first time in a long time, I truthfully have no idea. From who even might be there, to who we might want, I really don't know.

I've never been this confused.

TheDon
06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I think we're going to end up drafting Fredette and i'm trying to prepare myself for that possibility.

I hope we draft Biyombo though.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Klay Tompkins

Do you mean Klay Thompson?

BoomBaby33
06-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Sadly, I think the Pacers will take Fredette.

I would love Biyombo, Singleton, Burks, T Thompson, K Thompson, or Shumpert though.

I really hope ur wrong. Jimmer cannot play adequate nba defense

Gamble1
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I think we're going to end up drafting Fredette and i'm trying to prepare myself for that possibility.

I hope we draft Biyombo though.
There is a Jimmer therapy hotline if it gets too bad.

The number is 3-Jimmer. You don't have to go through this alone...

Remember admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Make the call. ;)

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Out of all honesty, I have no clue who Bird will pick at the present time.

I'm not opposed to Bird trading either out or down in the draft. Trading down with Charlotte, Washington, or Houston for their 2nd 1st round pick and their 2nd round pick would be just fine with me. Someone in the 18-23 range will be there that can help the Pacers, same with having an extra 2nd round pick in the 34, 38, or 39 spot.

Sperka07
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I believe that Larry will draft Jordan Hamilton to come of the bench as a sg/sf. In the second round I see us picking up a point guard either Lee or mack, or a Big like Thompkins or Smith.

Mourning
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I have no idea either. My dream would be to trade up if Jonas Valanciunas would slide to pick 12 and try to get him. IF this doesn't happe then Singleton would be the second guy I would love to add to our group, but he's likely to be gone when we pick aswell.

I think Burks or Biyombo would be nice adds, but I expect Biyombo to be gone and I just have a feeling Burks won't be our guy.

Whose left then? I think Jimmer will be gone aswell, which all in all means someone else is likely to fall out of the lottery which in itself is going to make this draft very interesting to watch, could be a lot of guys.

I will say we'll pick Thompson.

PacersHomer
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone but Jimmer please.

lexdenmark
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Klay Tompkins

Does that mean you think Klay Thompson in the 1st and Trey Thompkins in the 2nd?

Rogco
06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Hmm. I'm not going to say how it all works out, but I think we're going to draft either one or more of the following: Jimmer, Jeremy Tyler, Tristan Thompson and Norris Cole. I think the first two are the most likely (Tyler is my secret Pacers pick-up).

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Jimmer reminds me of a musket gun. Shoots good but is too slow.

Kemo
06-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Markieff Morris....:D

LOL for some reason everytime i hear or read his name I think of the word Toof , which is slang for tooth .. hahaha

Say it with me kids...

"Markieff got hit in da toof at da lieberry"

it's been a long day

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 06:43 PM
OK so here are some videos of the future indiana Pacers Markieff Morris :D

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UFxS1wGDZTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lD6fC5SqLy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idioteque
06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
I have no idea who we'll draft. In this crapshoot of a draft, Biyombo is my first choice and Jimmer is my second. At worst, I think both players will be decent guys off the bench.

I am pretty sure we won't draft Markieff Morris unless he is the undisputed BPA. What does he give us that Hansbrough does not?

BlueNGold
06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
We're trading the 15th pick. No idea what we're getting in return but I predict we won't be drafting in the 15th spot.

I hope so. We are a deep team from 1 through 10. I think packaging the #15 with some expiring contracts is more likely to help us based on the personnel on the team.

TheDon
06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
nbadraft.net has us picking Markief Morris while the sixers draft Biyombo after us....

If that were to go down I am going to probably have to write an angry letter of some sort to somebody. That is assuming I'm capable after the brain aneurysm I have due to the sheer frustration of the situation.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I think packaging the #15 with some expiring contracts is more likely to help

What expirings are you referring to? Dun, Ford, Foster, Solo, and McBob can't be used.

Sookie
06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
What expirings are you referring to? Dun, Ford, Foster, Solo, and McBob can't be used.

Posey, I think.

Hoop
06-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Jimmer Fredette
Marshon Brooks
Klay Thompson
Markieff Morris

2minutes twowa
06-21-2011, 10:02 PM
With the 15th pick, the Indiana Pacers select..........Tristan Thompson!!

Trophy
06-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I want to draft Markieff Morris, but the issue I have is will he be able to be the starting PF for us and play it well?

Tyler isn't the answer as the starter, but will make a great 6th man so that role is reserved for him.

Markieff has the skills to be a solid starter, but you never know until he actually has a full season under his belt to get a better picture if he is/will be your starter/answer.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
With the 15th pick, the Indiana Pacers select!....... Wait, there has been a trade.

QuickRelease
06-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Donatas Motiejunas :dance:or Markieff Morris

SMosley21
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I want to draft Markieff Morris, but the issue I have is will he be able to be the starting PF for us and play it well?

Tyler isn't the answer as the starter, but will make a great 6th man so that role is reserved for him.

Markieff has the skills to be a solid starter, but you never know until he actually has a full season under his belt to get a better picture if he is/will be your starter/answer.

So Tyler Hansbrough doesn't have the "skills" to be the answer as our starting PF but Markieff Morris does?

http://www.cscc.edu/update/images/laughing.smileface2.gif

DrFife
06-21-2011, 11:24 PM
I'd like to revise my prediction, if I may. Given the information over the last few days, I believe that:

If
Jonas Valanciunas falls past Charlotte at #9, we will trade Brandon Rush and the #15 to Milwaukee at pick him at #10. Suffer through a mangled strike-shortened season next year with him playing overseas and behold! Our (5-4) Player X.

Else if
either Chris Singleton or (else) Alec Burks or (else) Jimmer Fredette is available at #15, we'll select him.

Else
Trade down or out. Note that we still will get a player in the 2nd round (#42) who should make the roster and stick. I'd love to see us pick Greg Smith and/or Ben Hansbrough.

BringJackBack
06-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Bismack Biyombo.

will567
06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Jimmer or the Morris twin

Constellations
06-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Jimmer Mania!

http://i56.tinypic.com/wvxqg8.jpg

Psyren
06-22-2011, 12:06 AM
I'd really like Tristan Thompson, and I think he's a realistic option.

He's a good shot blocker and a good defender, which is exactly what we need.

Kid Minneapolis
06-22-2011, 12:13 AM
After reading countless articles, researched innumerable draftees, perused 50,000 mock drafts, entertained countless trade scenarios, absorbed Pacer FO comments, watched hours of draft expert analysis, and ran it all through my head ---

I have no f'n clue.

KingGeorge
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
I think we will either take Biyombo or Fredette, but I really hope that Singleton falls to 15.

Kemo
06-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I really want Fredette, I just dont see him falling to us

trailrunner
06-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Barring a trade I think we should go with Klay Thompson. We need a deadly outside shooter and I think he could fill a void in our attack. Then sign Landry to shore up PF. Just fill in some holes for now and use the cap space next year when the stars become free agents and the draft is strong.

Kid Minneapolis
06-22-2011, 12:38 AM
I guess my stance is.... our team isn't half bad from top-to-bottom, and few of the people in this draft that are within our range would be a true upgrade over whoever we have at their position. Almost every single candidate I consider doesn't address our scoring-in-crunch-time situation since we have no real creators on offense, and that's why I would regret not taking Marshon Brooks... I just have this feeling that guy is gonna get drafted by someone else and fill me with regret for the next decade. I think he's gonna be a helluva scorer down the road.

_The_Future_
06-22-2011, 12:48 AM
OJ Mayo

:ohsnap:

Shade
06-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Burks, to me, feels like Rush 2.0, which is why I don't like him, and why we'll probably draft him.

Reggie Jackson reminds me of Nate Robinson.

Singleton I'm on the fence about, not convinced one way or the other.

Like I've said before, I want no part of either Morris brother. I think they're overly full of themselves (especially Markief), and the comparison to Dale Davis is so far off base it's hilarious.

At this point, Biyombo is my first choice (he would be a nearly perfect compliment to Hibbert, IMO), followed by Brooks (big upside to this kid, who will likely, at worst, be a Jamaal Crawford-level player). I'd be okay with Jimmer if those two are off the board.

D-BONE
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I want D and/or big so my wishlist is...

Singleton, Byombo, T. Thompson, Valaciunas, Jackson, Smith from Fresno St. 2nd round if possible

However, if we must go offense, I'd prefer K. Thompson, but it would require a trade.

Who do I think we'll actually pick? Honeslty, I have no clue, but I'll say Jimmer, much to my chagrin.

EDIT: However, really hoping we trade up (if for a wish list guy), trade down, or even trade out.

The Sleeze
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I would go Singleton, Biyombo, Brooks in the first.

I really like Rick Jackson for the second round, but that is only if we don't get a big in the first.

MTM
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Jordan Hamilton in the 1st, Shelvin Mack in the 2nd

Reginald
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Has he suddenly become a decent ball handler and defender?

If the next Kelly Tripucka falls to us at #15, I'm praying we continue to let him fall.

wintermute
06-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Wait, isn't this thread about predicting which player the Pacers pick? Cuz most people seem to be going with who they would pick.

If I had to guess one, I would say Markieff Morris. He's likely to be available at our pick, and he fits a need. No glaring weaknesses, but no particularly outstanding attributes either. A pretty safe pick I think. And yeah, the comparison with Dale Davis is laughable.

If Jimmer were available, I think we'll take him before Kieff though.

As to who I want, I think I'd go for Biyombo or Tristan Thompson, but neither seem likely to be available at our pick. They fit the mold of athletic, rebounding, defending big that I think we need, though both are still more than a bit raw. Still, not easy to get this kind of player in free agency or trade. I'd be ok with Markieff or Faried, not ecstatic, but ok anyway.

CableKC
06-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Biyombo's name has come up a lot as a Player that many PD posters want....but has Bird and Company even seen him work out?

Although it's possible that the FO may not expect him to be at #15...but when it comes to many of the Mock Drafts...I've seen him all over the place...not a lock to be gone in the lottery.

I don't know if any of the Pacers scouts have even travelled to Europe to see him work out.

I could be wrong...but I thought that Biyombo had worked out directly with Teams here in the States....but my guess is that we haven't even heard a peep out of the FO about him.

One more thing...I guess it's possible that IF a Player that is not expected to be there freefalls that the Pacers would take that Player even without a workout....but Biyombo doesn't appear to be one of those Players that you would be entirely surprised IF he was at 15. Although we did take AJ Price without working him out.....that was a 2nd round pick that carried little cost....but for a 1st round pick...I'd think that the FO would be more cautious.

D-BONE
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Else
Trade down or out. Note that we still will get a player in the 2nd round (#42) who should make the roster and stick. I'd love to see us pick Greg Smith and/or Ben Hansbrough.

Missed this before I posted. Totally agree on G. Smith. Really would like to find a way to pluck him out of 2nd round. Owl would agree, too.

naptownmenace
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
The Pacers will draft one of the following (In order of most to least wanted):

Tristan Thompson
Klay Thompson
Alec Burks
Marshon Brooks
Markief Morris
Josh Shelby

With that in mind, with the 15th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft the Indiana Pacers select...

Marshon Brooks

Rogco
06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Dan Dakich was speaking to someone today (Jonathan Givony??) and asked him what he thought of Charles Jenkins from Hofstra. Seemed like a weird person to ask about, so know I think Dan has inside info on who the Pacers like, and Charles is way up the board! He joins my list of Jimmer and Jeremy Tyler as who the Pacers will draft.

Really?
06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
I think go 2 guard this year, this gives DC another year so that we can see how good he can be, Also there is a strong group of PG's and 4's possibly coming out next year, with Teague, Kabongo, Kendell Marshall,Possibly Rivers, Perry Jones, Anthony Davis, James McAdoo, Zeller, Henson, Ranardo, Plumblee...

Please go 2... That would be the smart decision....

Judging from that lets go Marshon Brooks, just saw video of that guy, reaffirmed that I like this guy... a lot...Klay Thomplson and Burks would be backup picks if they slip and Brooks is gone...

Rogco
06-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I think go 2 guard this year, this gives DC another year so that we can see how good he can be, Also there is a strong group of PG's and 4's possibly coming out next year, with Teague, Kabongo, Kendell Marshall,Possibly Rivers, Perry Jones, Anthony Davis, James McAdoo, Zeller, Henson, Ranardo, Plumblee...

Please go 2... That would be the smart decision....

Judging from that lets go Marshon Brooks, just saw video of that guy, reaffirmed that I like this guy... a lot...Klay Thomplson and Burks would be backup picks if they slip and Brooks is gone...

I don't think 2 is a bad idea; however, this is deep PG draft and it may offer the best value at one of our picks (Jimmer at 15. Cole, Mack, Jenkins etc in the 2nd)

I keep hearing bad things about Marshon. I was really high on him after his workout here, but now I really hope we don't pick him.

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I've wanted a big man this whole draft. I like Markief Morris and really hope we pick him. I will probably be wrong, but thats my "prediction" mainly because I want it to happen.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Burks, to me, feels like Rush 2.0, which is why I don't like him, and why we'll probably draft him.

Reggie Jackson reminds me of Nate Robinson.

Singleton I'm on the fence about, not convinced one way or the other.

Like I've said before, I want no part of either Morris brother. I think they're overly full of themselves (especially Markief), and the comparison to Dale Davis is so far off base it's hilarious.

At this point, Biyombo is my first choice (he would be a nearly perfect compliment to Hibbert, IMO), followed by Brooks (big upside to this kid, who will likely, at worst, be a Jamaal Crawford-level player). I'd be okay with Jimmer if those two are off the board.

Nate Robinson WTF? Nate is like 5'8 and doesn't play defense. RJ is taller than Westbrook and plays excellent defense.

Burks is one of the only players who has star potential in this draft IMO.

If Marshon was gonna be at worst Jamal Crawford he would go top 5 this draft

Singleton would be able to come in and be a great role player for 10+ years.

Really?
06-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think 2 is a bad idea; however, this is deep PG draft and it may offer the best value at one of our picks (Jimmer at 15. Cole, Mack, Jenkins etc in the 2nd)

I keep hearing bad things about Marshon. I was really high on him after his workout here, but now I really hope we don't pick him.

Humm, what bad things?

Also this draft is deep in PG's but most are backups... with only 1 that I think is a guaranteed starter and he is the first pick of the draft.

Rogco
06-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Humm, what bad things?

Also this draft is deep in PG's but most are backups... with only 1 that I think is a guaranteed starter and he is the first pick of the draft.

Big questions about his D (as in worse than Jimmer). Two years ago he was part of one of the worst defensive teams in NCAA history. Also, apparently wasn't a team guy or to well liked on the team (heresay), possibly had issues picking up plays, was a volume shooter but awful shot selection, not a good passer etc... A lot of this is from sports shows. I don't know the guy, and only saw him play against Notre Dame (he impressed the hell out of me.) But there seem to be a lot of people who have a lot of questions about him.

Banta
06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
McCallum Jr?

:dance:

PaceBalls
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
For the 2nd round, I think we need more Hansbroughs. How cool would that be to have Ben and Tyler kickin everyone's asses.

CableKC
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Okay all....last call for your final draft pick...with a little more then an hour...who is your final pick at #15?

I will say Singleton but guess that we will draft Kemba ( if he falls ).

PacerPenguins
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
brooks

pathil275
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I do hope well make a trade (to)night and get an impact player. I'm fine with giving up the 15th pick and everybody not named George, Granger or Collison. Would also hate to lose Hansbrough or Hibbert, but that depends on what we'd receive in return.

At the same time I am highly sceptical that we'll pull off a trade since I anticipate that Bird will strictly stick to his list of players he really wants and won't do anything out of his comfort zone. And I don't think it is a very long list..

But his patience helped us to get where we are right now - comfortable under the cap, great young core and an even better coaching staff next season! Future is looking bright in Indy.

If we keep the pick, I see us taking Burks or Brooks at #15. Hopefully Walker is dropping.

Still I do hope for Josh Smith though. Maybe the Hawks are the Philadelphia Flyers of the NBA and trade away one(or two) of their best players for some prospects!? Who knows!

Pacersalltheway10
06-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Alec Burks, Brooks, or Singelton for sure. So Im going to say Alec Burks.
No way Kemba gets past Utah if they pick Kanter which is seeming more and more likely.

Ryan
06-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Iman Shumpert

pwee31
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Based off the Bucks, Kings, and Bobcats deal.. Marshon Brooks is the pick

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Marshon Brooks.